• Published 17th Sep 2015
  • 394 Views, 33 Comments

Heroes Of The Realms - Ninyn



Sequel to Heroes Of Equestria and far side story to Realms Unite. In this story you will encounter not only new pony characters but other worldly characters as well.

  • ...
5
 33
 394

Chapter 6 Fear

Night Glade sat in the garden of Canterlot absolutely exhausted. After all the errands he had run for both Princess Celestia and The Sentients he finally had a little break. The dark clouds filled the sky and the breeze felt absolutely marvelous flowing through his mane.

"Think I can join ya?" A voice perked up. Glade turned to see Scarlet walking from the palace. She had her armor that had been specially designed by Silver Strings on her. The dark crimson plating and fiery orange lining. Glade smiled as his eyes sparkled with love.

"What are you doing here Scarlet?" Glade asked. Scarlet sighed looking into the sky with a dark expression, "I've been busy being an errand filly for the princesses all week. I haven't been on any quests from the Sentients since we drove Nightwalker from Equestria," she said.

Glade frowned, "I'm sure your time will come. There's a lot going on. Especially since Nightshade is still healing from his "heroic" sacrifice," he said. Scarlet nodded and nuzzled against Glade and smiled as she felt his hoof wrap around her. The two smiled and stayed close not wanting this moment to end.

"Hey! Captain Blitz! We need you in the throne room immediately!" A guard yelled from the castle walls. Scarlet growled and snorted as she got up, "Looks like our time is up," she said sadly. Glade smirked, "Come on we'll have plenty of time later on. I just know it," he said.

Scarlet smiled weakly, "I'll see you later Glade," she said planting a kiss on his cheek flying up to the castle. Glade sighed with a light smile, "Boy am I glad to have her," he said quietly. Glade got to his feet and headed off towards the train station.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alyras eyes were bloodshot and he hunger for blood ever growing. The darkness in her mind was strong and a mere sliver of her true self remained. Alyras mind thought back through the list of heroes her master had given her…

Alyra couldn't believe that most of her targets were ponies… Though after her encounter with The Collector and Thyme Flies she had other views on the ponies. She sat in The Platinum Dragon Inn. The odd establishment was in every realm… The magic realm always seemed to be the busiest especially during the day.

The Bartended known as Raven walked up to her and smiled, "Hello my dear. Can I get anything for you?" he asked. Alyra sighed, "A glass of red wine if you don't mind," she said tossing him a silver coin. Raven caught the coin and smiled, "I think not my dear. This one's on the house," he said walking back to the bar.

Alyra watched him to see if he was trying to mess with her or not as he set her drink down on the table. Raven sat down and smiled, "So tell me miss. What brings you out to these parts in Fiore?" he asked.

Alyra rolled her eyes, "I'm looking for someone. But I have to wait here till they show up," she said. Raven shrugged, "Have it your way," he said returning to the counter. Alyra sighed and began to slowly drink her wine. It was going to be a long day.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Glade sighed as he made it to Ponyville and headed for the sentients portal. Ponies passed by Glade waving to him and he smiled weakly. Things hadn't been the same since Nightwalkers defeat… Everyone was away and the sentients were less and less talkative.

Glade smiled, "Maybe I should visit Natsu's realm… Could be fun to learn a new trick or two," he said to himself. Glade walked into Twilight's castle and into the portal room. Glade saw the enchanted mirror that lead to Canterlot High. Next the mirror was a frame mounted to the wall.

Glade focused his magic and zapped the frame. The frame sputtered to life and a green portal opened up. Glade smiled and stepped through the portal and appeared within the palace. The energy within the palace shimmered around Glade and transformed him into his human form. Glade smiled and focused his magic into his hands and sure enough the aura of his magic shimmered around his hands.

"Well aren't you a sight for sore eyes," A female said. Glade turned to see Lady Elustar standing before him. "You've grown quite powerful young Glade. Tell me… What brings to the palace while you have time off?" Elustar asked smiling.

Glade smiled, "I was actually going to take a look into your realm. I wanted to learn a little more magic from your realm milady," he said. Elustar walked around the boy and eyed him thoroughly, "I suggest you head to Raven's establishment. He should be able to point you in the right direction," she said.

Glade frowned, "Alright. As you wish milady," he said. Elustar walked him to her portal and smiled, "Have fun!" she said. Glade turned and was about to thank her but Elustar giggled and pushed him through the portal.

Glade yelled as he was tossed through the portal as he landed in a mound of snow. The young boy jumped to his feet and rubbed his arms quickly warming his body with his magic. A crash was heard from the inside of Raven's Inn. Glade turned and ran into the building.

Raven was the only one within the Inn from what Glade could tell. Raven looked up as he picked up a broken glass, "Well… Isn't this a pleasant surprise? A Hero Of Equestria? Here in my Inn once again?" he asked smiling.

Glade chuckled, "We both know that'd I wouldn't be here unless I wanted to be. How have you been Raven?" he asked. The business man smiled, "Business is booming here in Fiore I suppose… It's been rather dull to be honest. No real adventurers pass by any more. I've been expecting some sort of-!" Raven was cut off as a dark matter blast hit Glade square in the face sending him outside the inn. Raven turned to see Alyra jump from her table and knock him down while chasing after Night Glade. Raven smiled as he got to his feet, "Guess the girly likes you Glade," he said chuckling while walking into the back.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Glade got to his feet and found himself being tackled through a portal by a obsidian haired girl. The girl screeched as they landed in the middle of the shadow dimension, "Well this is comforting," Glade said struggling to speak.

Alyra got up and kicked Glade over the edge. Glade sighed and waved his hand teleporting him to a pillar. Alyra formed her energy bow and shot at Glade. Glade turned to see the arrow and put up a barrier.

Alyra snarled as she jumped down the cliff and fired rapidly. Glade felt the dark energy affecting his barrier. This power she held was strong… Too strong. Glade's barrier shattered and Alyra landed on her feet drawing forth her shield and spear.

Glade was sweating and his magic was severely drained, *I hate doing this…* he thought as his eyes changed from pine green to electric blue. Alyra smiled, "So you gained more than just your magic from fusing with The Gallant didn't you?" she asked.

Glade felt his magic drain and his energy rise, "You’re the girl Nightshade trained on the other continent aren't you?" he asked. Alyra laughed, "Puh-Lease. That girl that Nightshade trained was nothing more than a coward trying to play the hero. She failed and Lord Nightwalker gave life to me. Alyra Shadowfiend," she said.

Glade rose to his feet and summoned a magical sword, "I may have gained the power of a sentient but I'm no less powerful than I was before. However… I simply can't allow you to keep striking terror into the hearts of my friends," he said.

Alyra rolled her eyes and slashed the air around her sending forth a massive wave of dark matter. Glade slashed through the wave and charged at Alyra with a body of armor covering him. Alyra ducked and elbowed Glade in the stomach knocking the wind from his body!

Glade fell to his knees and threw up all over Alyras feet. Alyras face twisted and contorted, "You maggot!" she yelled kicking him in the face. The crunch of bone could be heard as the bottom of Alyras boot smashed into Glades face.

Glade wailed in pain as he struggled to get to his feet. Alyra held up a hand and readied to blast him. "Enough Alyra!" A voice echoed. The cavern shook and Alyra fell to one knee as Nightwalker walked passed her.

"You have done well… To capture one like this is worth more than my thanks. You may go and enjoy some relaxation before your next hunt… Now it is my turn to deal with this pony myself," Nightwalker growled.

Glade used Sarominae on his own face and got to his feet, "Sarominae Necarose!" he yelled blasting at Nightwalker. Nightwalker summoned his scythe and absorbed the attack and kicked Glade in the chest knocking him into the ground. Glade grunted and struggled to reach his sword but Nightwalker kicked it away, "Some hero," he said slashing down.

Glade had a tear in his eye and Natsu's voice rang in his mind, "Magic is part of your imagination! It's something that can help you in any situation! Just imagine what you've got to do!" he had said. Glade's terrified expression transformed into that of hope, "Take this: Roar of The Hero!" he yelled.

Glade fired forth a massive wave of magic from his mouth and sent Nightwalker sprawling to his feet. Alyra growled and came forward. Night Glade formed a canon and fired massive magic waves and knocked Nightwalker off the pillar.

Night Glade focused his mind and summoned a butterfly, "Find Shade…. Find someone who knows me well. Tell them what's happened," he said. Nightwalker pulled himself up and punched Glade across the face.

Glade fell back and smiled, "Go now!" he yelled. The butterfly disappeared as Nightwalker slashed at Glade cutting him from his left leg to his right shoulder. Alyra jumped over her master and smashed Glade into the pillar causing it to shatter.

Deep down the pillar fell and a massive shockwave shook the entire cavern. Alyra summoned a low light and her master stood browsing the bottom of the cavern. A large lock of hair and a broken horn lay against the large pile of boulders. Nightwalker held up a hand and blasted the mound. Alyra smiled, "They shall all fall…" she said. Nightwalkers smile was wider and far darker than hers, "They already have," he said as the two returned to the broken fortress.

Author's Note:

Yup. You guessed it. Glade's gone. One of my OC'S. I really tore him up. I guess Alyra was victorious haha. Tell me your thoughts about this chapter ok! Thank you! ~Ninyn