• Published 17th Sep 2015
  • 394 Views, 33 Comments

Heroes Of The Realms - Ninyn



Sequel to Heroes Of Equestria and far side story to Realms Unite. In this story you will encounter not only new pony characters but other worldly characters as well.

  • ...
5
 33
 394

Chapter 1 Thyme Flies By

"The Sentient Palace… My how lovely it is to be here once again after a few years," said the female pegasi. Star Bright Silver looked to her friend and smiled, "Feeling a little nostalgic Thyme?" she asked. Thyme looked to Star Bright smiled, "More than you know Lady Star Bright. Ever since I went through the mirror to the human realm I've learned so much. Then when I entered the Zodiac Realm I felt absolutely wonderful. The people of the Onimak Island's are very peaceful and kind. I guess we have Nightshade to thank for that," she said smiling.

Thyme sighed, "I'm glad I was able to come back. The whole connection line between each realm is a little frazzled. It takes a lot of technical support and magic to maintain the path alignments," she said.

Star Bright sighed, "Well at least we have the heroes to help us keep everything intact while we tend to our other duties," she said. Each of the realm mirrors shined brightly reflecting their designated meaning. The Equestria began to shine brighter as two other ponies came through it.

Night Glade was breathing heavily, "Ok next time kid were going to not bother a hoard of timber wolves!" he said irritably. The filly lying on the floor next to Glade had a long black mane with a pony tail, a yellow coat and brown eyes. The filly saw Star Bright and squealed with joy, "Oh my Celestia you’re really her! You're Star Bright Silver!!!" she said happily.

Star Bright blushed sweeping her tail back and forth, "What can I help you with Night Glade?" she asked. Glade smiled, "Actually you should be asking this filly what you could help her with. She's got a very sharp mind and I need someone to look after her while I'm away in the chakra realm. She's my assistant when it comes to documents and organizing. She didn't want to stay in Twilight's castle, and all of my friends are busy doing business in the other realms as well. I didn't know what else to do so I brought her here in hopes some pony would watch her," he said.

Star Bright frowned, "Well as flattered as I am to know you'd choose me Glade, I'm afraid I have some urgent business to attend to back in The Crystal Empire," she said. Glade frowned, "Alrighty then… Well looks like I'll be taking her with me after all eheheh," he said.

Thyme looked to the filly then to Glade and Star Bright, "I could watch her while you are away," she said. Glade looked to Thyme, "I'm sorry I don't believe we've been properly introduced," he said. Thyme smiled, "I'm Thyme Flies. I love painting and cooking. I've heard loads about you from Lady Star Bright. You stopped Nightwalker from hurting a couple ponies in Equestria right?" she asked.

Glade nodded, "Well I couldn't have done it without my friends at my side. Are you sure you can handle watching her?" he asked. Thyme smiled at the filly, "Of course I can. I helped Pinkie Pie baby sit the cakes foals at one time. They were a hand full but they were still fun to watch," she said.

Glade smiled, "Well how about it Gidg?" he asked the filly. The filly looked at Thyme and smiled, "A friend of Night Glade's is a friend of mine. My name's Gidget… Gidget Cogsworth. I like to work on tools and gadgets. A lot of the gadgets Glade has are really interesting but also very dangerous. Maybe I could help you here?" she asked.

Thyme smiled, "Sure. I'm going to be making some magic couplings to link the realm portals together then I am going link them to a single mainframe to help stabilize their trajectory. The magic is very delicate and I have to make sure the magic fluctuations are leveled right. Think you can handle a day with me?" she asked smiling.

Gidget's eyes were wide and shining, "Boy would I! This is like the coolest thing I could've hoped for!!" she said smiling. Thyme laughed as Gidget ran over to the mirrors and began to examine them. Glade smirked, "Seems like that'll keep her occupied while I'm busy with Naruto and the kage summit. You two have fun ok!" he said to Gidget.

Gidget giggled, "You be careful ok Glade," she said. Glade turned towards Thyme with a smile, "Thank you. Make sure she has fun. Just not too much fun," he said. Thyme laughed lightly, "You can count on me Night Glade," she said. Glade nodded and walked through the chakra mirror. With a bright flash Glade was gone.

Thyme smiled and turned towards Gidget who was now frantically writing down notes in a notebook, "Where did you get that?" she asked. Gidget looked up and smiled, "Star Bright gave it to me before walking through her mirror again. I'm writing down different and new designs for the frames of each mirror. I think the age of each frame also has a link to the path to each realm," she said.

Thyme smiled, "My aren't you a smart one. You remind me of Twilight Sparkle when she was younger," she said. Gidget blushed, "Princess Twilight is very kind… Glade tends to compliment her a lot as well," she said. Thyme nodded, "Glade has great respect for the princess. He's very reliable from what I've heard from Lady Star Bright. I heard his alternate self is very much like him. Nightshade was his name if I'm not correct," she said.

Gidget laughed, "You like to explain a lot of things Thyme," she said. Thyme giggled, "I guess I do, don't I?" she said. Turning towards the Equestrian mirror she sighed, "We have to head back to Equestria then to a couple other realms to collect the right supplies when we start fixing the portals," she said.

Gidget nodded, "Where to first?" she asked. Thyme trotted over to her desk and took out a notebook, "I have all of the supplies listed here. I need the couplings from Twilight and then I need to head to the Tree of Harmony and collect some nectar from it. Then I need to enter Odion's realm and gather a great amount of force power inside the couplings for their portal. Once we leave Odion's realm we have to grab one of the fighters from Galaxies realm to help control the Ki fluctuations when we fit that portal's couplings on. Then to Elustar's realm to collect some magic from one of the Fairy Tail Guild Mages. Finally from Kisashi's realm we're going to grab either Sasuke Uchiha or Naruto Uzumaki for their six paths chakra," she said.

Gidget nodded, "What about those two portals?" she asked pointing to the Syraic portal and the cracked mirror. Thyme frowned, "The Syraic realm already provides its energy to the portals. Remember how I mentioned Nightshade earlier?" she asked.

Gidget nodded, "Yes. He's a friend of Glades," she said. Thyme smiled, "Actually Nightshade and Glade are the same person just from two different realms. Nightshade is the sentient king. He's combined with all his other counter parts from each realm except Equestria's because he's already part pony. Nightshade's very being fuels each of the portals but it takes a toll on the sentient king causing him to rest for a long while after a certain period of time. I'm hoping after getting the couplings and reforming the mirror frames Nightshade should be able to roam freely once more," she said.

Gidget looked like she was near crying, "There you went off explaining everything again!" she said smiling. Thyme rolled her eyes, "Whatever. Come on we should get started," she said as she grabbed a bag from her desk.

Gidget stood by the mirror to Equestria and followed Thyme through the mirror. It was dark and the curtains were closed throughout the castle. Thyme sighed, "I forgot about the time difference between the palace and Equestria," she said. Gidget frowned, "Difference?" she asked.

Thyme put a hoof to Gidget's mouth, "Shh! Princess Twilight is most likely sleeping. We have to get out of here without waking her or the guards!" she whispered. Gidget nodded and pretended to zip her mouth shut. The girls quietly maneuvered throughout the castle and made it to the front door when suddenly, "Hey girls!" a shrill voice piped making Thyme and Gidget jump.

The girls turned to see Pinkie Pie dressed in a ninja outfit, "Whatcha girls doing here sneaking about?" she asked smiling. Thyme sighed and wiped the sweat from her brow, "Sorry Pinkie we didn't mean to seem suspicious. We just came through the portal from the Sentient Palace. We've got some errands to do around Ponyville and Canterlot. We thought Twilight be sleeping and we tried to be really quiet," she said.

Gidget nodded and smiled, "What are you doing here Ms. Pie?" she asked. Pinkie laughed, "Pinkie is fine. I'm watching the castle while Twilight's away in Canterlot working on a delegation for all ponies of Equestria with the other Princesses. She's the organizer for the entire project," she said.

"The Equestrian Delegation was this week?!" Thyme asked. Pinkie nodded, "Yup. I'm sure almost everypony who's got important work is there right now!" she said. Thyme turned to her bag and paled, "I totally forgot! I had special art work specifically made for the delegation! Twilight asked me herself for the artwork! I have to hurry back to my shop and get them to Canterlot before it's too late!" she yelled. Gidget was about to say something but was quickly snatched up by Thyme who was running out the castle doors quickly. Pinkie Pie tilted her head, "Bye?" she asked.

Author's Note:

Not that long for a regular chapter but it is the intro to a new story line. I've already reshown Night Glade. Gidget Cogsworth is based off of my friend Megan Insanity, Thyme Flies is my friend Amy's oc. :3 I hope you all enjoyed this first installment to The Heroes Of The Realms story! Please leave a review! ~Ninyn