• Published 17th Sep 2015
  • 395 Views, 33 Comments

Heroes Of The Realms - Ninyn



Sequel to Heroes Of Equestria and far side story to Realms Unite. In this story you will encounter not only new pony characters but other worldly characters as well.

  • ...
5
 33
 395

A Holiday Adventure! Defend The Realm Jumper!

The Brooklyn Bridge was bright with colors and Nightshade sat on top of it gazing off into the distance of New York’s beauty. Nightshade had been in the “Reality Realm” Odion had called it for about three months now trying to adjust to a human’s life in this realm. Nightshade hated having to live in the shadows of the night but it kept him on his toes. Real danger never seemed to really happen amongst this realm.

Nightshade’s immortality allowed him to time jump to the distant past of Earth’s realm and allowed him to stay for many years. Nightshade took part of several wars staying on the side line’s hiding from public eyes.

“I hate it here,” Nightshade mumbled to himself, *Even though I’ve got a living here it’s not as exciting as I thought it would’ve been,* he thought jumping high into the air and soaring off towards his apartment. The apartment was nice but Nightshade hated the cramped space he had to live in so he called upon Odion to help him with the situation. With the powers he wielded Odion was able to grant Nightshade a gift with the riches of a kind man so he could find better accommodations.

The apartment was almost clear except Nightshade’s bed and dresser in his bedroom. With a heavy sigh Nightshade looked around the room and found himself missing his companions of the Onimak Realm… “Sure wish you guys were here,” Nightshade mumbled. With another sigh Nightshade climbed into his bed and fell asleep.

Hours later Nightshade’s sleep awoke to the sound of a blood curdling scream coming from the outside alley way. Quickly Nightshade summoned his swords while throwing on a dark hooded cloak. Nightshade jumped out the window and landed on his feet silently while turning to see a man beating on a woman, “Hey!” Nightshade yelled in a deep voice.

The man turned and saw Nightshade and pointed a gun at him. Nightshade laughed and walked forward and the man pulled the trigger. The gun fired but Nightshade’s Zodiac style predicted the alignment of fire and he easily dodged the bullet. The man fired again but Nightshade drew forth his black sabre and deflected the bullet. The man dropped his gun and began to make a run for it. Nightshade shifted his grip on his sword and threw it at the man at an angle pinning him to the alley wall.

“That should hold you till the police arrive,” Nightshade said while turning to the hurt women. The women cringed in fear of Nightshade but he soon resolved the problem by gently talking to her, “I promise I’m here to help. My name is Nightshade, what’s your name?” he asked her. The woman looked at Nightshade with a bruised face which made Nightshade wince, “Laura… My name is Laura,” she said.

Nightshade smiled brightly, “Well Laura I promise you’re going to be alright. The police will be here shortly and I’ll be away from here. The man is unconscious and is no threat to you now I promise,” he said waving his hand across the women. Nightshade’s hand began to glow with a faint aura of comfort as he healed the women’s wounds.

Nightshade swept his hand away and smiled as Laura ran her hands across her body in amazement. Sirens went off and Nightshade was gone in an instant leaving the unconscious man and a somewhat injured Laura, “This realm holds no surprises,” Nightshade said standing on a building far from his own, “Just wish I had better enemies to deal with…” he said with a grimace.

A gust of wind hit Nightshade hard and he turned to see Elustar Dragneel sitting on the ledge, “Hey there sparky,” she said. Nightshade sighed, “What are you doing here Elustar?” he asked a little annoyed. Elustar smiled, “It’s almost a holiday in this realm. It’s called Christmas and soon the Realm Jumper will be here. Christmas is a warm holiday for all. It’s the holiday to give and receive, but between me and you I’m in it for the candy!” she whispered with a sly grin.

Nightshade chuckled at the remark, “I’ve always enjoyed this time of year. The snow is what I really enjoy. It gives this realm real beauty to admire. Though I’ve never had time or people to enjoy the holidays with. Halloween has its exception for when I go out to the haunted houses and volunteer to be a spook heheheh,” he said smiling.

Elustar smiled, “Well maybe this year will be different. In fact I have an idea!!” she yelled with a wide and bright smile. Nightshade turned pale, “Oh no not one of your extreme quests again!” he said, but Elustar was already casting her magic.

Before them stood a tall dark figure much taller than the both of them with piercing red eyes and long black hair, “This is “The Cloak” and he is going to be this year’s holiday villain! My Christmas present to you!” she said cheering. Nightshade face palmed himself, “Don’t even think about it Elustar!” he yelled.

Elustar laughed and finished her incantation bringing the man to life, “He is designed to destroy Christmas unless you destroy him. Good Luck!!!” she said disappearing. Nightshade turned to the man and was blasted by a red ray of energy, “Damn that woman!” he said rising from the debris. The Cloak had disappeared and was nowhere to be seen. Nightshade scowled and looked about then at his watch, “December 24, 2028,” it read.

A great shockwave ripped through the sky at that time and Nightshade looked up to the worm hole where a miniature sleigh pulled by eight reindeer and a man with a red suit and white beard flew through the night sky, “Oh frostbite…” Nightshade said with a scowl.

Within minutes The Cloak appeared in the sky and charged straight at the man’s sleigh knocking it off course. Nightshade teleported and caught the sleigh as it descended into New York’s Central Park, “So I take it you’re the Realm Jumper?” Nightshade asked panting from keeping the sleigh from being destroyed.

The man in the red suit smiled at Nightshade, “The name is Santa Claus, and yes that is who I am sir… You’re that new sentient… Revan?” he asked. Nightshade winced hearing his true name but nodded accordingly. Santa smiled, “You’ve done many a great deed throughout the realms… That Roark fella wasn’t joking when he said he would destroy the realms… on both times for that matter Ho ho ho!” he chuckled.

“How did y~” Nightshade was about to ask but Santa cut him off, “Never question that which you wish not to hear. I know everything lad… You’ve been a great support for me and other Realms as well… Let me hope I haven’t kept you on the nice list for nothing heheheh,” Santa said.

Nightshade smiled but quickly pulled up a barrier as a dark magic attack flew straight at them, “Who’s that?!” Santa asked in dismay, “I thought you knew everything?!” Nightshade yelled pulling out his swords. The Cloak pulled back his cloak and pulled out a dark silver blade and descended with great speed and slashed through Nightshade’s barrier.

Nightshade and Santa were both blown back to the ground by the attack, “That’s a Christmas present from one of the other sentients,” Nightshade said with a sigh. Santa blew back the tip of his hat and climbed into his sleigh, “Then let’s get a move on!” he yelled but Nightshade had no time for running.

Santa sighed and flicked his wrists sending up his reigns causing the reindeer to take flight into the night sky once more. The Cloak turned and sped towards Santa’s sleigh again but Nightshade blocked his path. The Cloak’s red eyes bore into Nightshade with hate but all Nightshade did was smile as he pulled from his back a red blade named “Rogue.”

“Funny how my blade’s aura’s resemble that of the holidays colors,” Nightshade said with a laugh. The winter breeze blew strong and hard causing Nightshade to shiver so he summoned a pair of gloves with a hat and scarf, “Now I just feel stupid,” he muttered.

The Cloak took no note of this and charged at Nightshade with great speed but Nightshade easily caught Cloak’s strike and blasted him with energy. Cloak didn’t even block the attack and just glared at Nightshade with even more hatred, “This is going to be a Christmas I’ll never forget,” Nightshade said with a very irritated voice.

Santa delivered his last present and began to climb into his sleigh and open another portal back to his artic realm where no one bothered him when suddenly Nightshade went soaring past with Cloak in tow through the portal to his home land.

Nightshade tumbled head over heel till he was buried under a pile of snow and ice which Cloak easily pulled him out of. Nightshade looked up and scowled as Cloak held his blade forward and it changed from a silver blade to a great silver and violet scythe, “Oh frost bite,” Nightshade muttered as Cloak charged forward.

Nightshade blocked the first attack with Rogue then stepped forward and slashed across with Shin Ryu. Cloak lifted himself off the ground with his scythe and kicked Nightshade in the face while charging towards a castle. Nightshade got up and wiped the blood from his mouth, “I hate you Elustar,” he said.

Santa had made it back to his sleigh and set up a barrier with his magic. Cloak descended from the sky and slashed at the barrier but was rebounded. Nightshade quickly came forward and opened a portal back to the Earth’s realm and dove in after Cloak. Back in New York City Cloak and Nightshade floated above the city.

Cloak put up one hand and blasted Nightshade with an energy wave sending him plummeting into a building. The entire building began to collapse but Nightshade quickly filled the inside with his energy holding it intact. Children of every age and a couple adults were staring at Nightshade with frightened eyes. *An orphanage…* Nightshade thought.

Cloak came down and slashed on Nightshade’s barrier but he held onto it tightly a little girl began to scream and tried to run out the door but Cloak quickly appeared before the door and was about to strike! Nightshade gasped and lunged forward and grabbed the girl while getting stabbed through the back!

Nightshade stifled a scream and used the force to send Cloak flying high into the sky. Using his chakra knowledge Nightshade made a shadow clone to hold up the orphanage as Cloak fell back onto the ground on his back. Nightshade got up and motioned for the girl to climb on his back and she followed suit.

Cloak’s eyes shifted between Nightshade and the girl and he sent forth another wave of energy but Nightshade held up Rogue and deflected the blast and charged forward sending Shin Ryu away and bringing forth Shiekatsu Ryu in a deadly arc. Cloak brought his scythe forward but Nightshade slid onto his side and cut Cloak’s legs with Shiekatsu Ryu.

A great warm wave of energy surged through Nightshade and his breath suddenly felt extremely minty, “Oh no you didn’t Elustar…” he muttered. Cloak turned his eye’s blazing with a fiery rage but Nightshade smiled putting away Rogue and absorbing the energy inside Shiekatsu that had been taken from Cloak’s life-force, Nightshade formed a bright red and white Rasengan in his hands.

“You’re a real pain in the chimney you know that? You’ve spoiled this little one’s Christmas and my own… Santa and I ain’t gonna forgive you that easily... However there is something that I can do to resolve that,” He chuckled.

Cloak charged and Nightshade threw both the girl and his sword into the air, “Grab the handle little one!” Nightshade yelled. The girl did as she was told and quickly an energy field filled with warmth and a pleasant aroma surrounded her.

Nightshade bent backwards causing Cloak to tumble over Nightshade. Drawing forth Rogue once more he charged at Cloak. Cloak whirled around and brought his scythe down but Nightshade blocked the strike sending up sparks from their blade’s. Nightshade smiled looking up at Cloak’s red eyes, “Take this! My newest creation Holiday Rasengan!” he yelled slamming the red and white rasengan into Cloak’s stomach.

Cloak’s eyes widened as the Rasengan began to tear away at his armor and flesh and Nightshade smiled driving the Rasengan in deeper causing Cloak to explode in a flash of red, green, yellow, and white. The girl that Nightshade had tossed up landed on his shoulder and he slid the girl onto his arm and cradled her in his grasp.

“Diana!” A voice called and Nightshade looked up to see the woman he had saved earlier that night. “Momma!” The girl yelled and wiggled out of Nightshade’s grasp and ran into Laura’s warm hug. Laura had tears in her eyes hugging the girl, “Oh my dear little one… I’m so happy you’re alright…” she said. Nightshade smiled and Laura picked up Diana and walked towards Nightshade, “I remember you… You saved me earlier this night… How can I repay you for your kindness?” she asked.

Nightshade put up a hand which made more tears fall over Laura’s face as she and Diana both hugged him. Nightshade dropped Rogue and couldn’t find the word’s to speak. All he did was smile and embrace them with a warm hug. A voice from behind chirped up, “I hate to break the moment but umm boss can you help me out?” Nightshade turned and chuckled remembering his shadow clone. With a wave of his hand the orphanage instantly repaired itself.

Laura walked into the orphanage with Diana in her arms. The children cheered and laughed as they all went back into the main room. Nightshade smiled as Elustar appeared at his side, “Well it seems you managed to defeat Cloak without any casualties,” she said grinning wide.

Nightshade turned and sighed, “Your gifts never cease to amaze me… Though creating something like him is a little-” Elustar cut him off, “I knew you could handle him. Especially once you summoned that life-fore draining blade of yours. Did you like what you felt from Cloak’s essence?” she laughed. Nightshade smiled, “You filled him with a warm energy but his personality twisted it when he released his energy… Well played and well thought. You made it so I could win,” he laughed.

“Hey mister hero!” Diana called from the door. Nightshade turned and smiled, “Why don’t you and your girlfriend come in and enjoy yourselves?” Diana yelled. Nightshade and Elustar both blushed and laughed, “I guess we could stay for a little while,” Elustar said dragging Nightshade into the building.

There was fun and laughter all through the night. The children ran about and Diana played a prank on Nightshade and Elustar by placing mistletoe above them when they walked into the main room. Nightshade blushed and felt a bit embarrassed but Elustar giggled and kissed him on the cheek with a starry gaze. The children all exploded with laughter after seeing that.

Finally the night grew to a close and all the children had gone back to bed. Laura and Diana both were curled up on a couch and Nightshade smiled feeling the warm feelings they felt for each other. The two sentients walked out of the house as one of the house keepers locked the door behind him.

“You gave that woman and child a wonderful gift tonight Nightshade,” Elustar said. Night-shade eyed her curiously, “You saved both from death and they were able to see each other tonight. You gave them a chance to be a family. Laura is adopting Diana from the orphanage, and it’s all thanks to you that their dreams are coming true,” Elustar said with a warm smile.

Nightshade smiled, “That’s not the only thing I can do… I’m feeling the holiday spirit roaring within me! Come on we’ve got work to do!” he yelled opening a portal to Santa’s realm. Elustar laughed warmly following Nightshade through the portal, “Oh I can’t wait to see this,” she said.

The rise of the Christmas sun shined brightly as both Diana and Laura woke to a starling sight. Both lay in great beds with beautifully designed blankets and new bedrooms! Both of them ran out of their rooms to a warm sight. A fire was going in a fire place, a newly refurbished kitchen with utensils and other house ware items neatly tucked away in stunning cabinets! Along with food in the refrigerator and other cabinets.

In the corner of the front room was a beautifully decorated tree and presents galore labeled with only their names! Diana and Laura’s eyes were both wide as they began unwrapping presents revealing new clothing! Toys by the dozens were unwrapped all for Diana’s liking. Diana was bringing everything in her room when she noticed a blue gift with a pine green ribbon on it.

A white envelope sat next to it saying “Merry Christmas.” “Mommy come quick there’s another present!” Diana called to Laura. Laura sat down and opened the present revealing a box of money! Laura’s eyes filled with tears and she wondered who could have done this! Opening the letter slowly she pulled out a letter and read it aloud~,


Dear Ms. Laura and Diana Kairim,

“I hope you both have awakened to your new home with bright and happy faces on this fine Christmas morning. Originally I had wanted this place for myself but seeing you two together made me think this would be the perfect home to live in for a new family… There is a new car outside waiting to be driven by its new owner paid in full. The keys will be at the bottom of the box I gave you with money. The money should last you both a long while. I have given you at least $365,000 dollars in cash.

All of your bills have been payed for the next two years in advance. This should give you time to adjust to your new school and job. The drive to the city will not be hard my lady friend and I personally built it all for you with the help from dear old Saint Nicholas.

Also the orphanage that you once lived in is in prestige condition and has been completely remodeled with better appliances. Your friends are all enjoying their Christmas morning by now with all their new toys and clothes. Know that everyone you care for is being taken care of and will hopefully be adopted thanks to the new outlook on the building site Ms. Daina…

Remember to always hold true to your selves and keep moving forward. There is no greater gift than family and friends. Keep those you care for close to your heart and never stop believing in what’s right… Wishing you a very Merry Christmas with all of my heart,”

Yours truly,

Mr. Hero and his GirlFriend!

Author's Note:

A little different i suppose. Some feels. Etc. Hope you all have a Merry Christmas!!