• Published 2nd Sep 2015
  • 15,314 Views, 2,073 Comments

Ponies and Dragons (Just Have Fun) - Alex Warlorn



A peek at various times of the Mane Six, Spike, and friends, all play Dungeons and Dragons/Ogres and Oubliettes, Paranoia, Call of Ponythulu, Toon, an adaption of themselves, and just about every other role playing game under Celestia's sun.

  • ...
27
 2,073
 15,314

PreviousChapters Next
Session 77

Session 77.0 Alex Warlorn


"Yes my love, none shall oppose you." Said Prince Blueblood with swirly eyes, and then hit Twilight with a blast strong enough to actually cause the Alicorn to skid back.

"Ugh! Just great, so when Blueblood under magical mind control his selfishness stops corking his magic."

Session 77.1 Mtangalion


Prince Blueblood lowered his horn towards Twilight, pawed at the ground with a forehoof, then charged!

Twilight waited until the last possible second, then teleported two feet to the left, immediately kicking off and blindsiding Blueblood. The Prince didn't go down, though. They wound up grappling hoof to hoof, with Blueblood proving surprisingly strong for a layabout noble fighting an Alicorn. "Ugh... never thought I'd be fighting an evil mind-controlling villain with *you* by my side, but..." Twilight managed to touch his forehead with her horn and cast the Memory Charm. "Come on, Blueblood, snap out of it!"

Images flickered in the noblepony's eyes, and he blinked. "Miss... Twilight?" He leapt back from her, bowing. "I'm terribly sorry! I... ah!" He clutched at his head, then turned, seeing the grinning werefox slowly advancing on them. "Quickly, my traveling case! I need my... the artifact inside. It will help me resist her charms!"

Twilight gave him a doubtful look, but then she nodded and flew back towards the train station, hauling Blueblood in a floating bubble. Thankfully, word of the werefox attack had spread, and panicking ponies had left the station abandoned.

Bypassing the expensive locks on Blueblood's luggage with a flick of her horn, Twilight levitated out... a large jeweled collar? "Whaaat? Blueblood, this won't even fit you. If you're just using me to help you recover your valuables and run away..."

The werefox snarled, almost playfully, and sprang onto the other end of the train platform.

Prince Blueblood grimaced. "Twilight... No, *Princess.* I'm trusting you with this secret. He levitated the collar and dropped it over his neck... and at all once he *grew* to fit the collar, transforming into a huge white diamond wolf. "Yes!" he roared. "My mind is my own." He spun to face the startled werefox. "And you, madam, are a disgrace to shapechangers everywhere. In Luna's name, I shall punish you!"

Blueblood paused and grinned, panting with tongue lolling. "Nailed it! Pity I didn't pack a cape and top hat. Oh, and a rose! That would have been truly splendid. Am I forgetting something?" The werefox howled and sprang. "Oh yes, the actual battle!"

Session 77.2 Kendell2


"Twilight, I may have the solution to our problem..." Discord said, appearing next to her with a book.

"What?!" asked Twilight.

"Takes one to beat one!" Discord replied. "This is the MIRROR universe version of O&O. In it, Werefoxes are Chaotic Good!"

"Okay, that might work...but what if it goes berserk based off game morality in the real world?" Twilight questioned.

"Good point...then we just need to do this!" said Discord, snapping his fingers and Rarity suddenly appearing next to him, explaining the situation.

"I would never become such a beast!" said Rarity.

"She got Sweetie Belle under her thrall."

Rarity froze for a second. "Discord...change me now."

"Your wish is my command," Discord said, snapping his fingers and turning her into a beautiful white Werevixen.

Rarity snarled in rage. "I'M GOING TO WEAR YOU AS A LOVELY COAT FOR DOING THAT TO SWEETIE BELLE!" she roared, she and the Werefox charging each other.

Session 77.3 Mtangalion


Rarity spared a moment to glance over her shoulder. "Twilight, darling, you won't tell anypony else about this, will you? I can't imagine what they'd think of me!" Then she let loose a most unladylike snarl and sprang at the evil werefox again.

"This is crazy," fretted Twilight. "Blueblood is a wolfpony? Those are fictional! They don't exist! And now Rarity is a... a what? A foxpony? Could this get any crazier?"

Blueblood the diamond wolf crawled back onto the train platform, rubbing a bump on his head. "Alright, you ruffian! You mongrel! This time I'm ready for you, and..." He caught sight of Rarity the werefox, gaped, and started wagging his tail. "Who... who is that? Such savage ferocity... such flawless lupine grace! I must know her!" He adjusted his collar. "Hold, I say, hold miss! I also seek battle against that foal-napping werefox! I will assist you!"

Session 77.4 Alex Warlorn


"NOPE!" The Charmed-By-Her-Bueaty Big Mac FLICKED Wolfpony-Blueblood so hard he went flying.

"PROTECT MOTHER!"

The OTHER were foxes shape shifted to their vixen forms, (include Sweetie Belle) and swarmed Rarity clawing and biting her. On the bright side, this got their attention off of Apple Bloom and Scootaloo.

Session 77.5 Kendell2

"Dang it, we need to let Rarity have a one on one fight here!" Twilight said.

Discord tapped his chin. "...Well..." he said.

"...Do it..." said Twilight.

Discord tapped his chin. "Hmm...making everyone Werefoxes would be boring...so how about..."

Twilight blinked as Discord snapped his fingers and she was now a own/pony hybrid. "...This isn't from O&O!"

"It's a homebrew!" said Discord. "Bleck! Lawful Good!"

"...Fair enough!" Twilight said, giving a screech and dive bombing some of her Werefoxified friends, grabbing them and throwing them off Rarity. She kept it up to try and give Rarity some space, but was too far outnumbered and nearly got pulled down.

"Well, this is quite an issue..." said Discord.

"Couldn't you just snap your fingers and turn everyone back to normal?" asked Spike.

"No, that's boring..." said the Spirit of Chaos. "Oh! I know what we need! More Werebeasts!"

"I don't think that's the solution!"

"More awesome things is always the solution!" said Discord replied, snapping his fingers and summoning the rest of the mane six. "Girls, get ready to play an exciting new game called War of the Werebeasts!" he said, snapping his fingers.

The group blinked, suddenly finding themselves transformed. "Rainbow Dash, you are a Chaotic Good Mirror Werecheetah, Applejack, you're a Lawful Good Weredog, Pinkie Pie you're a Chaotic Good Weremonkey, and my lovely Fluttershy, you are a Neutral Good Wereskunk," Discord stated, his words being true.

"Discord! What the Tartarus are you doing?!" asked Rainbow Dash. "...Not that this isn't awesome..."

Discord pointed to the fight going on.

"...Oh..."

"Big Mac! Yer stoppin' this right now!" Applejack exclaimed, trying to pull his brainwashed brother off.

"YAY!" Pinkie Pie said, jumping into the fight with a body slam.

Fluttershy whimpered, backing away from several. "Um...Look...I would rather not spray you...but I will if I have to!" she said, clearly frightened as she often was.

"...Discord, how does this actually SOLVE anything?!" Spike asked.

"...We can record it and sell it to a movie studio?"

"...Yes, but that's not helping!"

"...Fine..." said Discord. He snapped his fingers and summoned Shining Armor before giving him Thrall Proof Glasses. "How do you cure a Werevixen?! O&O version!"

"It's a matter of life and death!" Spike exclaimed, then cringed as a converted Twist tried pouncing on Fluttershy from behind and found out surprising a skunk from the rear normally ended very badly.

"...Oh my...Sorry..." Fluttershy said, blushing brightly.

Session 77.6 Alex Warlorn

Feeling like this had to be a very strange dream, except his sister was Twilight Sparkle and his wife was Princess Cadence, Shining Armor dizzily said, "Uh, have they been infected for less than three days?"

"YES!"

"That's good, because unlike other Lycanthropy the curse becomes permanent after three days."

Session 77.7 Mtangalion

Blueblood staggered over and flopped heavily, moving his head in circles like the world was spinning. "Note to self... Don't look down on earth ponies, even when you're bigger than they are."

"Well, well!" said Discord, scratching Blueblood's ears. "Are you enjoying your reward from our last game so far?" Blueblood snapped at the scratching claws, which were hastily yanked out the way. "I'll take that as a yes!"

Spike, being a frequent participant at Dusklight Game Night, did a mild double-take at Blueblood. "Whoa. Huh, I didn't see Discord make any wolfponies..."

"Bah..." Blueblood rolled over, and found himself face to face with Shining Armor. "Hrrr?"

Shining grinned and held out a hoof. "I never got to thank you for organizing the big plan that saved the Crystal Empire from the Storm King army. Um, what was your name again?"

"My name?" echoed Blueblood. "My name is... not important right now! What's important is rescuing those pups before Alisa finds out about this. The Equestrian crown already shells out far too many bits, filling in smoking craters around Ponyville... At least, that's what I hear! Hah, ahaha..."

Session 77.8 Alex Warlorn

Diamond Tiara grinned with glee. "Oooh I love life sized Monopoly!" Diamond said as she drove around in the miniature car in her family's basement.

Inside the top hat, Silver Spoon said, "You do realize that the original inventor of this game was trying to show the unfairness of capitalism right?"

"And the author of Hoofvert Hears a Whinny meant for his story to be about the 'little guy against big business', and it was still used as fuel to grant breezies equal rights when they visit Equestria, even if the original author considered it a twisting of his work." Diamond Tiara shrugged.

"Wait, that ISN'T what the book was about?" Babs Seed asked surprised riding the steam iron.

Session 77.9 Alex Warlorn

At his request, Discord quickly provided Shining Armor with a reference book, "You can't just fix everything by yourself because?" Shining asked.

"Because I'm chaos! And how would putting everything back in order be chaos!?"

Shining snorted agitated.

"Also, first, the victim can be given fresh belladonna also known as wolfsbane... within one hour of infection, warning, the plant is poisonous and the victim needs to make two fort saves or take strength damage. ... We have infected foals here who aren't known for strong constitution Scores...

"Or just cast Remove Disease or Heal by a level 12 cleric within three days of infection. Well... too bad everyone I've met has played MONKS rather than CLERICS!

Shining Armor shouted angrily, "THIS WOULDN'T BE A PROBLEM IS SOMEPONY BOTHERED TO PLAY A CLERIC BUT OH NO! YOU CAN'T HAVE A GOD GRANTING YOU MAGIC WHILE LOOKING OVER YOUR SHOULDER TO MAKE SURE YOU AREN'T WORSHIPPING A NATURE GODDESS AND CLEAR CUTTING FORESTS TO MAKE SOME MONEY ON THE SIDE, OH NO WE CAN'T HAVE THAT CAN WE?!"

"... Only other way is to cast Remove Curse or Break Enchantment while during one of the three days of the full moon, victim must then make a d20 will save, the caster explicitly knows if the spell worked. If the spell fails, just recast until successful. Twiley! I need you to run some errands!"

---

Princess Luna looked into the alternate reality mirror, "Now show me what would happen if the Diamond Wolves declared war on Equestria." The mirror showed Princess Luna wearing the pelt of the diamond wolf's former leaders like a minks scarf as the diamond wolves circled around her on their knees, bowing over and over with their forelegs point forward to their bodies, chanting, "OH WE OH! OOOOOOO---oh! OH-WE-OH!"

"And Celly says war is a game with no winners."

Twilight Sparkle teleport outside her window, "Princess! We need help for you to-"

"AHHH!"

And zapped Twilight.

*one awkward explanation and royal apology later*

-

"And venom of a gorgon, this potion should increase the size of your-"

"ZECORA We need your help!" Twilight teleported in with Princess Luna.

"AAAH!"

*one awkward explanation and going back for phoenix tears from Philomena later*

-

With Zecora and Princess Luna in two, Twilight teleported back.

Luna then moved the moon into the full moon position. And all over Equestria, piers and ports suffered confusion and hysteria as the tide suddenly went up out of nowhere, catching several sunbathing ponies by surprise and ruining several sandcastles along the cost.

"LET'EM RIP ZECORA!" Zecora tossed several vials of 'Curse-Be-Gone' potion she kept in case of emergencies... the vials exploded, and thanks to some wind from Princess Luna, the resulting vapors covered the battle field... curing everypony present, from the foals, the pups, the mane six... and Blueblood.

Shining Armor stared... as did Rarity... their jaws dropped in shock.

"Oh... this is awkward..." Blueblood admitted.

All except the Werevixen, since she was a true were-vixen (since it would have logically been more than three days since her infection according to the lore of the entry she was taken from).

"AH STILL PROTECT YOU MISTRESS!" Big Mac said still hopelessly in love with the were-vixen.

Shining Armor trapped Big Mac in a shield, that Big Mac kicked against sending it tumbling towards Shining Armor with a crash.

"Ow."

Twilight teleported behind the were-vixen holding the creature compendium and grabbed her, and used her 'enter the books' spell, sending her back into the monster manual. Twilight then warped out.

"THERE! AND DISCORD! NEVER DO THAT AGAIN!"

"Sorry."

Rarity was hugging the shocked and scared Sweetie Belle, Twist was quickly hugged by Apple Bloom, and the pups were likewise scared and confused.

"So Sweetie Belle not diamond wolf after all?"

"... Sorry." Sweetie said sadly to her friends.

Session 77.10 Kendell2

Apple Bloom's nose twitched and she gagged, putting a hoof over her nose. "Uh...we got a problem..."

Twist groaned and covered her nose. "Why do I still stink?"

Rarity and Sweetie Belle reacted similarly, as did Sweetie's Crystal Wolf friends.

"Because Discord didn't include 'curing Wereskunk cures the smell' in his homebrew..." Spike pointed out, as the ponies (and there were a fair number, as that'd been ALL of Fluttershy's offense...or defense as it were) Fluttershy sprayed STILL stunk.

Fluttershy blushed brightly. "Sorry..."

"Well, I'll leave that for you to sort out..." said Discord, turning...to find Fluttershy giving him a certain look...and Twilight...and everyone...


Discord gagged, giving Twist a tomato juice bath and only allowed to use his powers to keep her from being pink. "Ugh! Why do I have to do this again?!"

"Because them stinking, and this WHOLE MESS, is YOUR fault," Twilight pointed out.

Discord sighed, finishing up and putting Twist down...then noticing the line of ponies waiting. "...This is going to be a long day..."

Session 77.11 Mtangalion

Prince Blueblood gave the nervous laugh of a noblepony who’s been caught wearing a rose on the wrong lapel. “Um, hello… my friends! As you can see, I just happened to be in Ponyville when this emergency arose, and so I rushed heroically into action, and Discord transformed me, the same as all of you!” He pushed the oversized wolf collar off himself. “Everything is perfectly explained!”

Then he looked down at himself. “Egads, I’m naked! Oh, the scandal!”

Applejack strolled past, smugly lashing his flank with her tail. “Take it easy, ‘your highness.’ You’re in Ponyville, you’ll fit right in.”

“That’s what I’m afraid of!” bellowed Blueblood. He noticed Discord getting hauled away to his punishment. “Wait, no no… I must have a word…” He stamped a hoof and muttered under his breath. “You have some explaining to do, mister. Why did that anti-curse powder even affect me? You said you cured my curse and put it in the collar, and that was far longer than three days ago!”

Hoofsteps came to a stop behind him. Blueblood flicked his ear, and turned around.

Rarity Belle cleared her throat. “So, the ‘real live’ wolfpony that I chased…”

Blueblood gasped. “You were that delectably elegant vixen… oh my, this *is* awkward.”

Rarity narrowed her eyes. “Oh, so *now* I’m elegant. I don’t know about you, but I’ve had an absolutely beastly time, pun fully intended, and I can’t wait to have a good long soak in a hot bath.”

“Can I join you?” Blueblood cringed. “Wait, no! I meant, is there a spa in this… town?”

Rarity lowered her hoof, then grinned deviously.



Blueblood followed one of the spa attendants over to the stallions’ bathing area, glancing around. “This is… adequate,” he mused. “Nice, even! Rarity didn’t have to make me pay for both of us, though…”

The noblepony eased himself into the hot sudsy water and breathed out a deeply contented sigh… and not three seconds later, he felt a familiar *surge* and half of the water spilled out of the tub. “What?” he barked, patting his muzzle and feeling fangs. “No, no no… The anti-curse powder must have still been in my coat, and when I washed it off… Wait, why am I a wolf without the collar again? What game are you playing now, Discord?!”

Then he sat up and pricked his ears, hearing Rarity humming on the other side of a curtain. “Pardon me, Miss Rarity? Perhaps you should wait before you…” A loud splashing sound interrupted him. “Well. Not to worry,” he told himself. “Nothing odd is going to happen to her. Probably nothing. I just need to concentrate on getting myself back to being a pony before anyone sees…”

Something very female and canine and sopping wet tore through the curtain, howling. “Blue… blood!!”

Session 77.12 Grogar-the-Oneser

"I don't know how your family can drink that stuff." Rainbow blanched as she saw Maud dunked a hot coal into cold coffee.

(An Yes this is an ACTUAL drink: https://www.atlasobscura.com/foods/kopi-joss-charcoal-coffee )

"It not that bad, has a caramel-y taste to it," Pinkie stated.

"Sorry but no, your family eat rock in your soup and coal in your coffee. You even turn Rock into rock candy!" Rainbow Dash said.

"Well yeah, were rock farmers," Pinkie said. "This is basic 101 stuff."

"But-"

"Okay listen Dashie I know where friends but if you keep mocking my family eating choices I will hurt you." Pinkie gave a glare.

"...I'll be good."

"Great now lets go spy on the others doing that space game with the disco lingo," Pinkie said.

"They're still playing that thing?" Rainbow asked surprised "Sheesh, you think they would have been finished with it by now."

Session 77.13 Alex Warlorn

"'Welcome 'heroes' to the City of Doors, The Cage, the central hob of the multiverse! Where all your tiny little concepts of the prime material plane are just bunk compared to those of us who have seen the multi-verse! No gods are allowed to enter here. And the Factions basically 'run' the place, but only at the grace of the Lady of Pain, who obliterates all who might call her a deity or make any sort of trouble. I'm sure you're all awe inspired and dumbstruck by the great ringed city atop the infinite spite at the heart of the Outlands that connects all the outer planes.'" Twilight Sparkle waved dramatically.

"So you're squatters," Diamond Tiara said in character. The CMC and Silver looked at her.

"W-what?" Twilight responded, not sure herself if that was in character or not.

"You spend all your time squatting in the train station, so you think you're better than the people who actually have places to live, and you're only allowed to stay here because station management doesn't think you're troublesome enough to get rid of. You're like the hobos who think they're kings of the bathroom."

Twilight Sparkle stared... "I um... "

"Did Diamond Tiara just crash one of Princess Twilight Sparkle's favorites with a few words?" Sweetie asked Apple Bloom.

"I think she crashed Princess Twilight."

Session 77.14 Mtangalion


“What’s all this ruckus?” said Lotus Blossom. “Why baths smell like revolting wet dog?” She rushed into the hot tub room and gasped, seeing Rarity the werevixen trying to strangle Blueblood the wolfpony. “How dare you?! Who said you dogs could come in without paying? Bulk Biceps, would you be escorting them out?”

An exceptionally muscular pegasus pony squeezed through the door, grinning. “Oh YEAH.”



“Unbelievable!” whined Rarity, outside the spa. “That I, a regular customer in such good standing, could be thrown out of this fine establishment! They didn’t recognize me at all!” She shivered in the night air, and shook the water out of her white fur every which way.

Blueblood groaned and dripped at her, even more chilled and soaked now. “Yes, well, that can have advantages and disadvantages. At least we can return on the morrow, and you can retrieve your robe and I my travel bags.”

Rarity blinked, seizing on that bit of hope. “Then we aren’t stuck like this forever?”

Blueblood furrowed his brow, trying to shift forms, but sure enough he felt the moon on the horizon restraining him. “Only while the full moon shines upon us, assuming that Discord didn’t get… creative. Unfortunately, Auntie Luna has been getting snippy about doing the traditional phases of the moon.”

(I am not being snippy) pouted Luna’s voice in the back of his head. (Let sister’s sun be diminished by phases also, and then we shall talk.)

Blueblood ignored that, then noticed the vixen padding away. “Wait, where are you going?”

“Home.” Rarity paused, and turned to face him again. “Blueblood… do you know how at times, two drastically different ponies, ponies who thought they had nothing in common, can be drawn together by shared circumstance or hardship?”

Blueblood’s breath caught. “Miss Rarity? What are you saying exactly?”

“I’m saying…” Rarity showed off her sharp-toothed vixen grin. “That I still don’t like you. I just thought you should know.” She waved a paw cheerfully. “Goodnight, and don’t follow me!”

Blueblood’s jaw and ears drooped. “Bloody peasant! … Er, sorry? That just sort of slipped out!” Rarity kept walking, and disappeared around a corner. “Fine, be that way!”

Pinkie Pie chose that moment to spring out of nowhere, badly startling him. “Hi, Bluey! Would you like to buy a map of Ponyville’s shipping minefield?”

“One, please,” said Blueblood dejectedly. “Oh wait, my bits are in my bags…”

“No worries, you can pay me back later!” She thrust a map into his paws, then immediately went bouncing on her merry way.

The white wolf stalked towards the train station, browsing the map as he went. “And I thought this town was perilous before! Now then, I’ll just fetch my collar from where I dropped it. Perhaps with that, I can change back even under moon. At least until I catch up to Discord and give him a piece of my mind!”

When he reached the train station, though, he found stray feathers, the scent of a bird, and no collar. “Seriously?” He loped towards the Everfree forest border, following his nose. “Aha!” The scent led him to a tall tree, with a nest and a glint of metal in the upper branches. “Let’s see how I am at climbing in this body!”

Not very good, it turned out. Especially with a furious eagle flapping in his face and pecking him.

After the third humiliating attempt, he flicked his ears, hearing running water, and saw a brook, completed with fish splashing in the water as they swam upstream. “Yes! No birdbrain is a match for the Prince of Canterlot! Er, no offense to any griffons, hippogriffs, or parrots of course.”

He caught a fish, but the moment he approached the bird’s tree with it, a bear came tromping out of the woods. It roared in his face, then made off with the fish when he ran away, yipping.



“When did my life become a point and click adventure game?!” howled Blueblood, many exhausting hours later. He forced himself to take deep, calming breaths. “Alright, from the top…”

Kick Carrot Top’s backyard fence gate to get her dogs barking. Circle around, grab a stick and reach through Carrot Top’s kitchen window while she’s distracted, lighting the stick on fire with her stove. Use the burning stick to smoke Sweet Tooth’s beehives nextdoor and grab some honey. Rush back to the forest, driving off the lurking timber wolf by throwing a rock. Catch a fish. Throw the honey to divert the bear. Lure the eagle away from the nest with the fish. Dramatically pose with glowing claws, levitating the collar down, now that he’d *finally* figured out the trick to it…

“Yes, yes!” barked Blueblood, and at the very moment he grasped the collar, the moon set and the sun rose, allowing him to easily transform back into a pony without it. “Luna damn it!” he bellowed.

(I didn’t understand that request, nephew. Please specify what you wish me to damn.)

Blueblood blinked, suddenly suspicious. “Score?”

‘You earned 10 points!’ said Discord’s cheerful voice from thin air. ‘You’ve earned 152 points out of a possible total of 500! This qualifies you for the rank of Resourceful Royal.’

Blueblood facehoofed. “I suppose you think this is funny.”

‘Oh, absolutely hilarious! But don’t give up now. You’ve only just made it to Chapter Two!’

Session 77.15 Alex Warlorn

Fluttershy was surprised a very very beautiful fox knocked on her door step.

"Hello?"

"Fluttershy," The fox said in Rarity's voice. "I need you to have a word with Discord, RIGHT NOW."

Fluttershy gave a slight cough. "Discord, what have we said about taking jokes too far?"

"Ahhhhh! But isn't she nicer looking like this? And think of all those werepony book conventions."

Fluttershy gave Discord the stare.

"Oh oh right!"

Discord snapped his fingers.

Poof. Rarity equaled pony.

"Discord."

"Yes?"

"My next day off, we are playing 'Mystery Date' boardgame, WITH NO CHAOS MAGIC, ALL DAY!"

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!"

Session 77.16 Ardashir


Twilight frowned as she spoke with Spike before heading off to bed. "Was thinking of starting a school, and -- huh."

"What's wrong?" Spike asked, wondering if he should be diving for cover.

"Nothing, just wondering where Grubber and Garble were during all of this..."

***

Elsewhere in the Friendship Palace, a hedgehog and a crimson dragon glared at each other over a table. Each was poised, ready to move at a moment's notice, when Grubber's paw flashed forward.

"Hah!" Grubber slapped his cards down. "Three of a kind! Top that, scaly." He began to rake in the chips -- chocolate, of course -- when Garble stopped him.

"Forget it! I have a winning claw." He put down a two of clubs, three of spades, five of diamonds, and seven of hearts.

"That?" Grubber smirked. "Hey, that hand's worthless!" He reached for the chips again and stopped when Garble set his claws over his face.

"I didn't say I had a winning hand," Garble smirked and squeezed slightly. As Grubber choked, Garble said, "I said I had a winning claw." He looked at the doors leading into the room. "Hey, I wonder what happened with all that yelling and barking and junk? Sounded like they had a whole pack of wild dogs out there."

"Who knows?" Grubber began dealing the cards again, making sure to deal his four aces off the bottom of the deck while Garble was distracted. "I'm just glad Tempest wasn't here to chase us out into that mess."

***

"And I hope my friends in Canterlot High were having an easier time of it with no werevixens or wolves."

***

"Help me, Applejack, and no smart remarks."

"GAH! The hay?" Applejack blinked to hear Rarty's voice coming from the mouth of what looked like a cute fox mascot suit, white furred with long eyelashes. She saw what her friend was trying and removed the vulpine mask to reveal Rarity, her hair mussed. "Uh, Rarity, why're ya wearin' one o' Alisa's costumes?"

Rarity folded her arms across her chest. "Let's just say that if you take a bet with her who can first accomplish an in-game goal in Crystals and Rainbows, and lose, she has an odd way of asking you to model for her." Rarity preened. "Though I was of course magnificent."

Session 77.17 Alex Warlorn

(Sequel to Session 45.13 Ardashir (bit by me at the end))

"Hey guys! The new talking action figures are here!" Spike said.

"Did we agree to these?" Applejack asked.

"Come on," Spike said, "The bits for everything has to come from nowhere... so to keep the bill collectors off our doorsteps I might have licensed our likenesses to a toy company that used to be part of the Storm Empire... it can't be as bad as last time."

"The moment we were offered more food, we switched loyalties on the spot! We'll be good honest and true unless someone somewhere offers us more food!" Said the changeling action figure.

"Help me! Help my brave prince! I don't do anything by myself!" Said the Cadence action figure.

"Really? This again?" Princess Twilight moaned.

"I destroyed a weather factory and endangered several ponies because I didn't want to be separated from my pet for three months." Said the Rainbow Dash toy.

"Ha ha ha! I've almost conquered Equestria more times than anypony! And each time I ended up worse than before! And last time I lost all my children because somepony offered them more food I did!" Said the Chrysalis action figure.

"Well at least we ain't the only ones getting grilled this time." Applejack said.

"I used to be the ultimate evil and a cosmic level villain that couldn't be predicted... now I'm a joke who has tea parties with a yellow pegasus." Said the Discord toy.

"BLARGE! I'm super evil!... But I have a super sympathetic back story and you should feel sorry for me!" Said the King Sombra toy... "I wonder what else it does." Pinkie Pie said touching the horn, making the doll 'explode' into pieces. "Cool."

"We used to be unique! But now every villain under the sun does the 'eat bad feelings' gig!" Said Adagio's doll. "Lalalalalala!"

"I used to threaten to behead baby dragons to keep my henchmen in line and was out to trigger an extinction level event and transformed ponies into my demon-dragon slaves... But apparently they don't allow that on television anymore!" Tirek said.

"Oops, I think that one goes a little too far beyond The Wall," Pinkie Pie said smashing the doll and tossing it into the garbage.

Twilight said, "Spike, have we talked about a little thing called 'creative control' and brand quality?"

Session 77.18 Grogar-the-Oneser

"Are you sure this is wise?" Grubber mention as he and Tempest were in an airship.

"You asked me that, and the answer is still yes." Tempest snapped "There are still a lot of places that are unaware that the Storm King has been defeated."

"But what if there's trouble at the bakery... I mean ponyville."

"I'm sure they can handle it. Besides, what the worst that can happen?"


Grandpa Gruff, Thorax, Ember, and Rutherford were all yelling at Celestia to shut down the EEA.

"Man they are angry." Rainbow Dash winced.

"Well considering the fact that Chancellor Neighsay insults the other creatures to their faces and says that allowing them into a school would destroy Equestria, you can't exactly blame them for being a tad angry." Rarity said.

"A tad, Even Thorax look ready to maul someone to death." Applejack said.

"Just be glad Gilda or Novo ain't here or else they would attack that guy personally." Rainbow Dash said.

"That remind me... How did Gruff become the ambassador for Griffonstone?"


"HA FIVE ACES!" Gilda said "Now you have to deal with the boring diplomatic stuff while i can just go have fun."

"Grr...." Gruff growled.

Session 77.19 Alex Warlorn

"Welcome everypony to the new smash show of 'Artistic Survival!' We will pick seven ponies from around Equestria to appear on this show! Every round we will reveal a type of art, be it statue, fountain, painting, etc, and the ponies will vote on which one of them will be transformed into that kind of work of art! Then, when it's down the last two, we will telepathically ask the works of art which one of the two to be turned into a work of art. The last flesh and blood pony standing shall get one million bits!

"Don't worry folks we have enough phoenix tears to restore everyone."

The scene cut to the sight of Philomena crying at sad movie scenes while heart rendering violin music played, her tears being collected in vials underneath her.

"The losers, if they enjoy themselves as works of art, will be given the option of a magical clone of themselves being created while as work of art who shall be donated to the art museum for charity before they are restored! BE SURE TO PLACE YOUR BETS on who you think will win!

"Who shall be our seven ponies? Send in your picks down below now!"

Session 77.20 Alex Warlorn

Meanwhile In The Human World

"And welcome back to the glutton bowl! Get ready for the biggest eaters in the country to go one on one to see how can gorge themselves the fastest!" Said the TV announcer. Applejack smiled at the screen.

Rarity snorted. "I don't believe this, a entire form of competition and entertainment based around consuming as fast as possible something made to be enjoyed and appreciated that some people can't even afford to have!"

"Yeah," Rainbow Dash said, "Let watch the video game speed-runs instead!"

Session 77.21 Ardashir and Alex Warlorn

"Ooh! Me me me!" Ponies hurried to the side as a pale blue unicorn raced down to the stage. "The Magnificent and Physically Perfect Trixie demands she have a chance to be immortalized in -- whatever she will be immortalized in!"

"TRIXIE!" Starlight Glimmer galloped down after her friend. "What's the matter with you? Remember, we have magic to work on!"

"Oh, please, Starlight," Trixie wave done hoof grand dismissal. "Trixie is SO very skilled at her magic now! Remember the bit with the teacups?" She demonstrated, pointing her horn at a nearby bit of shrubbery. A blue bolt of light shot from her horn. "Teacup!"

"Trixie!" Starlight got in between Trixie and the bush. "This is not a time for you to be slacking in your studies, and --" She noticed a few seconds too late that the spell was headed right for her. Starlight managed one whinny before the spell hit, leaving behind an ornate blue and purple teacup and dish.

Trixie gaped in horror. Hooves pressed against her face, she picked the teacup up with her magic. "Oh, Starlight, sweet Celestia no! The Contrite and Horrified Trixie didn't mean for that to happen. Wait," she tuned to the announcer. "Will this disqualify Trixie from entering?"

"Of course not!" The pony looked at the teacup. "In fact, we'll let her enter too. She's just become one of your competition."

"Oh?" Trixie looked at the cup. "Starlight, you won't try and upstage Trixie, will you?"

The teacup shook itself angrily, somehow.

"However we don't allow transformation not done by the show and before the voting." The pegasus host pony took out a vial of fire bird tears and poured it on Starlight... who poofed back into a unicorn, still glaring at Trixie.

"Uh, sorry, but looks like we're both in!"

"Free statue of myself? What isn't to love!" Fleur de Lis said stepping.

"Good luck dear!" Fancy Pants called.

"Oh this is so exciting!" Sassy Saddles said stepping up as well.

"Now hold on!" Rarity said, "Sassy if you insist on taking part in this silly contest then I insist too!"

Then Princess Luna descended in a swirling dark tempest. "WE SHALL ENTER! OUR REASONS ARE OUR OWN!"

"Well, we just need one more contestant folks!" Said the announcer.

"Can I enter too?" Sweetie Belle asked.

"Uh, let me check with our lawyers first kid!"

Session 77.22 Alex Warlorn

"QUIBBLE PANTS!" Rainbow Dash and Twilight Sparkle rushed in into Quibble Pants' house without knocking (they were good guys so it was okay to do that). "I just heard you aren't reading the newest Daring Do trilogy! And I saw your message on the Daring Do club peg board about predictable villains who obviously evil names! But I promise, Dr. Bad Evil Nasty is just one part of the story!"

Quibble Pants gave them a look. "I didn't even know the new Daring Do book HAD a villain named Dr. Bad Evil Nasty... until this moment... the message was about a discussion I had with my editor of my fanfiction over revealing the full name of a character who starts out as the Ace of his band of heroes who is revealed later to have turned evil, and that giving him names that are all related to falling from grace might be laying it on rather thick. But you DID just give me ANOTHER reason not to read the new trilogy, thank you."

Discord popped in, making Quibble Pants yelp. "Allow me!" Discord snapped his fingers... and a sunny side up cooked egg each fell on the faces of both Rainbow Dash and Princess Twilight Sparkle.

Twilight sighed. "I wonder if my alternate counterpart has days like this."

Years Ago

"And that is why MeowTwo is never coming back to Super Smash Sisters, so there. And post!" Sci-Twi then adjusted her glasses. "Huh? What's this update from Pretendo about?"

Session 77.23 Kendell2


"Okay, so you girls want to explore underwater?" Twilight asked, as GM. "Then you'll need to get a Potion of Water Breathing if you want to go deeper than a few feet..."

"Alright, no problem," said Rainbow, looking at the ingredients.

"...And you'll also need a brewing stand to make it in," Twilight replied.

"...Crud."

That meant getting a fire rod...which meant going to the Netherworld.

"...We'll need to stock up..."

*One mining trip and a full suit of diamond gear for each later.*

"Alright, now we should be ready for anything!" Rainbow Dash said.

Simple enough plan: find Nether Fortress, find spawner for the mobs that dropped the fire rod, and farm them until they got what they wanted.

"Did you forget what also spawns in Netherworld Fortresses?" asked Twilight.

"...Wither Skeletons..." Rainbow Dash muttered.

"The what-skeletons now?" Applejack asked.

Things did not end well, with they got knocked off the fortress...and died from the wither effect.

"...Okay, let's go back and get our items..." Applejack said.

They got what they could...and got a bad roll, sending them falling off the fortress and dying from fall damage...

And going back again ended with them looking for their stuff...and looking...and looking...

"...Next time, let's just get Respiration III Helmets..." said Rainbow.

Session 77.24 Alex Warlorn

Twilight Sparkle said behind the screen, "So, the angels have gathered you to help exterminate the monster threat."

Rainbow Dash said, "Okay Twilight, I shoot the angel in the head, and tell the monsters we'll be happy to help them build their ideal society where everypony gets along."

"WHAT?! HOW DID-! I MEAN-! That isn't-!"

"Twilight, this adventure came from NEIGHPON! Your own mother could see the 'the angels are evil and the monsters are good' twist coming a mile away!"

"That's not true!"

Insert Flipscreen effect here.

"Okay dear, I shoot the angel in the head, and tell the monsters we'll be happy to help them build their ideal society where everypony gets along," said Twilight Velvet now sitting at the table.

Twilight buried her face in the crystal map.

Session 77.25 Mtangalion

A group of angry griffons had gathered in front of the mostly-intact shack that had become Gilda’s mobile phone sales and service center. They grumbled and gnashed sharp beaks, waving malfunctioning phones, rocks, spears, torches, and in some cases bills or lawsuits. Fortunately, none of them had yet realized that the “Back in five” sign on the counter didn’t specify whether that was minutes, hours, or days.

On the other side of Griffonstone, three exhausted griffons were sprawled on a hot tin roof. Just pleasantly hot, not scalding hot, because that would have been painful and silly.

“I can’t take it anymore,” moaned Gilda. “Being rich is a pain in the tail. I want to go back to part time baking.”

“And I miss delivering the mail,” said Gabby, sighing. “I hear it’s just piling up and up because nogriffon else will deliver it.”

Gerold grinned tiredly. “Speak for yourselves. This is the first time I’ve had a real job.”

Gilda smirked and ruffled his crest. “Great! It’s all yours.”

“Whaaat?!” Gerold did a double-take. “I can’t run everything by myself!”

“Yeah…” Gilda nodded thoughtfully. “I had a great idea, but it blew up and it’s too much for us. What we need…”



Filthy Rich leaned back from the Monopony board in his home office and tapped his forehooves together smartly. “What you need is an expert.”

Gilda blinked, glancing to Gabby and Gerold. “Um, yeah? That’s what we said. That’s why we’re here.”

“I still wish we could have used that awesome giant Monopony board downstairs,” pouted Gabby.

“Perhaps another time,” said Mr. Rich sympathetically. “My Diamond is hosting the Puppy Pack today.” From down the hall, there came the sound of frantic happy barking, something shattering, and a mare shrieking in outrage. “If only there was someplace else, a place for young people of all species to learn everything there is to know about gaming and how it can bring us together… and also friendship, I suppose.”

“Some kind of gaming academy?” wondered Gerold out loud, as he rolled the dice and moved his token.

“Precisely so!” declared Mr. Rich. “And you just landed on my hotel, Mr. Gerold. Seeing as how you only have nine hundred and thirty-one bits to pay your fifteen hundred bit bill, you’re out and I am the winner!”

The three griffons sat up and clapped their claws, actually impressed.

“Thank you,” said Mr. Rich, wiping his brow with a small cloth. “I must say, me versus three tight-fisted bit-pinching griffons… and I mean those strictly as compliments... That’s gotta be one of the toughest Monopony matches I’ve ever fought. I hope now you fine folks are sold on the power of my business-stallion’s mark.”

Gilda smirked. “So what happens now?”

Mr. Rich tugged his lapels. “As it happens, I have my own contacts in ‘the other world.’ I can trade fair and square and get those phones in quantity… but most griffons don’t like buying from ponies, especially on their home roost, so the Griffonstone operation has got to be a franchise. A franchise that I want you to run, Mr. Gerold. Now, drawing up contracts will take a few days, but can we agree in principle to do business?” He held out a hoof.

“Heh. I’m game if you are,” said Gerold, clasping Mr. Rich’s hoof with his claws and shaking.


Session 77.26 Alex Warlorn Mtangalion Grogar-the-Onser Ardashir Zau789

Rarity and Applejack talking about fur suits

AJ asked, "Modeling? You mean, like, for this comic on MyStable, where a girl puts on a fox costume and the zipper gets stuck and she turns into..."

Rarity said, "Yes, I'm getting the picture! Wait, why were you browsing the Internet for..."

AJ said quickly, "Oh gosh, look at the time, gotta run!"

+

Before Gilda's meeting with Filthy Rich

"I did not think this through," Gilda grumbled as customers complain about their mobile phones.

+

"Sister, tis seem we have a pretzel in the time-space continuum again... "

"Again? So soon? Have Discord be a dear and take care of it, he still has a lot of karma to work off from his time as an evil overlord..."

At the Art Survivor Contest


Scootaloo said, "I'm getting the weirdest feeling that we've done this before."

Apple Bloom rubbed her chin, "Now that ya mention it..."

Discord floated by in coveralls and carrying a big roll of duct tape, innocently whistling as he plugged more interdimensional leaks.

Scootaloo suddenly said, "I'm sure it's just my imagination! Maybe we should sign up too!"

Discord said, "Uh-oh... I think too many events are trying to cram down the pipe of time at once and are causing leaks all over the place... Naw. It won't cause any problems... that can't be fixed later."

+++

"Huh, so apparently a kid can enter, but they get first shot on who gets turned into art."

"Yay unfair advantage!" Sweetie belle shouted.

"Alright kid settle down." the announcer said.

"Ha! Hate to be the dumb sap that gets change into something by a little kid." Trixie cackled


A blue turnip shape vase with Trixie cutie mark shakes angrily.

"Yeah, that why we avoid tempting fate." Starlight snarked.

(Author's Notes: Here where the turnip vase idea came from https://img0.etsystatic.com/196/0/8825560/il_340x270.1453151230_ejyr.jpg )

+++


"NOW HOLD ON! NOW HOLD ON! I SHALL ENTER THIS CONTEST! IT IS MY DESTINY!" Shouted Prince Blueblood dramatically.

"I guess looking pretty is all you're good for." Rainbow Dash remarked.

But suddenly, instead of being a the statue contest... Blueblood was at a dog show?

Fluttershy was at the podium speaking into the microphone, "Hello everypony. All dogs in this contest must be neutered."

Blueblood and several dozen Diamond Dog went "YIPE! YIPE! YIPE!" As they broke through the windows and flee.

Blueblood said, "... I'm buying your whole contest organization just to fire you all."

Fluttershy smiled. "Now now, it's perfectly safe and painless."

Blueblood said, "Miss Fluttershy, I have not merely the desire, but an obligation to continue the noble Blueblood line! Are *you* volunteering? You'd make a lovely she-wolf... Sorry? That just slipped out, I swear! Somepony please help, I don't know if Alisa is genuinely interested in me or just trying to make her ex jealous.

Discord popped in, "MINE!"

Blueblood said, "But, she would! You can't deny that!" Blueblood pulled out the shipping minefield map. "Right, who's NOT taken?"

If life was a movie, the camera would've then zip-paned to different mares around town as Blueblood read off their names seeing him currently listed as available.

Applejack, "No..."

Lotus Blossom "Ooh, perhaps... No."

Maud Pie, "Don't think so..."

Gabby "Too flighty..."

Spitfire, "Too bossy..."

Sonata Dazzle in siren form, "No." Blueblood had barely escaped with his virginity intact during that Siren Dating Service event.

Sweetcream Scoops, "Sweet Celestia, no!"

And a mysterious unicorn named Arcane Spell, "Hello, where have you been all my life? Seriously, where can I find this mare? ... Discord? What are you doing with that duct tape?"

Discord shouted, "Time paradox!"

"Also, the work of art, must be somehow equinoid in shape. Also, who is transformed each round is decided by majority vote," said the announcer.

Discord shouted, "Time paradox!"

"Sweetie Belle!" Rarity gasped in horror. "Little sister! I can't allow you to enter this contest. What if you get transformed and something goes wrong?"

"What if something goes wrong with you?" Sweetie sniffed. "I'm tired of being in your shadow, big sis. I want to get recognized for something on my own!"

"Trixie knows what that feels like," the blue showmare said innocently, and Sassy Saddles added a, "Same here. Girdles and garters, sometimes it's like ponies forgot I even exist."

"Tell me about it," Luna muttered under her breath.

Off to one side the announcer finished talking with two ponies in suits. One bore a shark fin for a cutie mark and the other had one of a pony chasing an ambulance. "Okay, our lawyers say it's legal... ish, so the kid is in."

Sweetie jumped and clicked her hooves together for joy. Rarity just frowned.

"And our first art media will be -- statue! So, then, ladies," he walked up and brushed by and around the adult mares, his tail 'accidentally' gently swatting their flanks. "Which of you do you choose to be immortalized in stone?"

Discord shouted, "AGH! Where's the duck tape?!"

Then Discord shouted, "Time paradox!"

To hearing the equinoid rule.

"Ahh... Sweetie bell groaned as phoenix tear was use to return Trixie to normal. "Does that mean i'm disqualifed."

"Yes." The announcer said bluntly.

"Dangit."

"Oh thank goodness." Rarity sighed.

"Pity... I had a new idea for a turnip equine statue." Trixie said annoyed.


"I use three rolls of scotch-tape, four rolls of ducktape and ten roll of my special masking tape, but I think I have this thing SEALED!" Discord cackled.

"Why is it called Masking tape?"

"Cause it doubles as a mask, duh."

Some Time ago, maybe

Discord shouted, "AGH! Where's the duck tape?!"

Discord reached into a pocket in his body and yanked out a roll of duct tape -- that has yellow webbed feet and starts strolling away with a 'quack-quack'.

"Maybe I'll have better luck with the scotch tape!"

He yanked that out, and a little roll of tape in a kilt and Tam O'Shanter strolls off playing the bagpipes.

Discord shouted, "Time paradox!"

Discord pulls out a roll of tape with a plaid pattern, and bagpipe music immediately starts playing.

The Scotch tape was shot several times, ending the bag pipe music.

Tempest Shadow said out of nowhere, "Had to be done."

Meanwhile the bagpipes weakly stirred, making feeble blats and toots. It sank to the ground slowly, slowly, before making one final toot (in Discord's voice) of, "Oh! She got me."

Everypony stares and then looks at Tempest.

Tempest Shadow kept a straight face, "Bah, that was justifiable homicide."

Discord said, "Well, that leaves the masking tape!"

The masking tape winds itself around his head several times, giving him a domino mask, and in a storm of rose petals he's transformed into the tuxedo and top hat wearing hero, Discord Kamen!

Discord made several poses, then leapt up in the air, "CONTINUITY KICK!"

"That's not even the right super-" Princess Twilight Sparkle found herself saying just before Discord gave the worldline a good kick, knocking events and cause and effect back into working order. Discord hated the stuff, but he had foolishly promised Princess Celestia to use his magic for good instead of evil... kinda.

+++

The seven contestants, Rarity, Sassy Saddles, Fleur de Lis, Princess Luna (who was giving Discord a look for some reason), Trixie, Starlight Glimmer (very reluctantly), and ... Sweetie Belle...

With Blueblood in the front row, huffing that he had shown up too late to enter the contest and had gotten beaten to enter by a filly, they'd be hearing from his lawyers! Rainbow Dash had also missed her chance to enter (and having a life size trophy of herself) and was sour too. Princess Twilight was there just in case something went wrong (for once not the fault of her or her apprentice). Apple Bloom and Scootaloo were alsosour that they had missed their chance to enter.

"Maybe they'll do another contest of this one does well?" Apple Bloom offered hopefully.

The pegasus announcer said,"Now remember folks, whatever work of art you're turned into, it will either have an equinoid imagine upon it (like a tapestry) or be at least vaguely equinoid in shape. Since we DO want YOUR beauty immortalized here!!! Otherwise having contestants would be pointless! With that in mind, you will become a polished marble statue, complete with your own base and plaque with the pose of your own choice if you chose, larger than life or smaller than life if you so choose. Or maybe we choose. Don't worry, while a work of art your living mind will quickly adjust to your new form and you won't know how you could stand being flesh and blood with your own inner attitude radiating out from you like any work of art. Now with that said.

"For this first round, all seven of you vote now on which one should become a marble statue, any ties will be decided by our audience!"

Session 77.27 Ardashir


Rarity, Sassy Saddles, and Princess Luna all cried out as one: "Fleur de Lis!"

At that same moment Fleur, Trixie, and Starlight called out, "Rarity Belle!"

"What! Why?!?" Both mares demanded.

"It is most definitely not because the Kindly and Forgiving Trixie remembers how you helped start her path to darkness and got her slaving away on a rock farm by mocking her innocent show!" Trixie said, failing to look at all innocent. Starlight frowned and gave her a light swat with one hoof.

"Er, I just thought you would look good in marble, really." Fleur said, walking around Rarity and giving her a professional look-over. She rubbed one hoof against her chin, looked closely. "Though now that I look, your coat is more of a very, very pale violet than true cream. Still, I suppose it can work." She glared at Sassy Saddles. "No need to ask why my cousin wants to see me turned into a statue."

"Your cousin?" Rarity blinked and looked at Sassy.

"Yes, we're related." Sassy sniffed. She stood beside Fleur, but not very close. Fleur stiffened and stepped away from her. "See the resemblance? Part of the family tree came from Prance, and part is Saddle Arabian. I just don't talk about it much, given that I work for a living and she's just a trophy mare." As Fleur spluttered, Sassy smirked and said, "Pins and needles, though, I'd love to see her stuck in one of her vain little poses. Er, for a little while."

"At least one of us CAN pose, dear cousin."

Rarity hurriedly spoke up before the two mares could fight any more.

"Now then, little sister? Sweetie Belle?" Rarity smiled benevolently at her. Sweetie gulped nervously. "You haven't cast your vote yet. You DO want to see your sister go to the next round, don't you?"

"Vote for her, dear, and I'll buy you ice cream and cake for a month," Fleur said.

Sweetie suddenly looked interested. Rarity snorted. "BRIBERY! Madame Fleur, how could such a sophisticated and gracious mare stoop so low?"

"Uhhh..." Sweetie looked back and forth from Rarity to Fleur before turning to the announcer. "Wait, can I abstain from this vote?"

"Of course," he told her before turning to the audience. "So what's YOUR decision? Who becomes a marble statue? Rarity Belle or Fleur de Lis?"

Session 77.28 Alex Warlorn

Twilight wasn't about to vote one of her friends out in the first round, and Rainbow Dash, as much as she liked to prank her friends, she was still the Element of Loyalty in her heart of hearts. The CMC wished Sweetie Belle had voted for Rarity, then she could share all that ice cream and cake with them! Ponies however are herd creatures, and once you get one part of the herd moving, the rest will follow suit.

"Fleur!" Princess Twilight shouted.

"Fleur!" Rainbow Dash shouted too.

And with the Princess of Friendship and a Wonderbolt shouting for the crowd followed.

"For the record," Princess Luna said looking through an ancient book while wearing glasses, "It seems your resemblance to my sister might not be coincidental."

All except for her husband and the CMC... but they were drowned out. Since this was Ponyville, not Canterlot, Fancy Pants didn't hold the same weight he did in crowds of the elite.

"Sorry dear," Fancy said.

"It's fine sweetie," Fleur said.

"Now please pick your pose, if you want to be life size, scaled down, scaled up, and the title for your statue self." Said the pegasus announcer.

Session 77.29 Ardashir

"Life size, of course," Fleur said as she lifted one foreleg and gracefully arched her neck. "And you can call it 'Elegance Embodied'."

Sassy Saddles rolled her eyes as a spell flashed and left a magnificent unicorn statue.

"If Fleur allows a copy to be made, I'll have to get one," Fancy Pants said as he walked around the marble statue his wife had become. "Utterly magnificent!" He rubbed noses with Fleur.

Fleur barely noticed. 'It's such a delight to be a marble statue', she thought. 'I look so magnificent. My beauty will last for centuries this way. Why was I ever happy as tawdry flesh?'

"Our next choice will become," the announcer picked a slip of paper from a hat, "a tapestry." He smiled at the contestants. "Which of you lovely ladies -- oh, and you too, little filly -- is going to end up hanging on a castle wall?"

Session 77.30 Kendell2


"So, what's this new class about?" asked Smolder, the teenaged dragoness sitting at her desk.

"Yona think it about games," Yona replied.

"I'm game for that," Sandbar said in his normally laidback way.

"Yay! Surface world games! The only games I've ever played back home all involved sea shells and fish!" Silverstream said, excited as she always was by anything that wasn't around underwater.

"Hopefully it's not something too nice and sweet," Gallus muttered.

"Hello, students," said Shining Armor, trotting in. "I'm Prince Shining Armor, Principle Twilight's brother, and welcome to 'Gaming With Your Friends 101', I will be one of your teachers."

"Teachers?" Smolder asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Me and three of my friends will take turns, as each of us have things to teach you...also, I'm the co-ruler of the Crystal Empire, kinda got too busy of a schedule to teach here full time."

Shining Armor used his telekinesis to move the desks together to form a series of large tables and put the O&O board on each... "Our first lesson will be table top board games."

"Ugh, really? Something nerdy like that?" asked Gallus, rolling his eyes.

"Nerdy?" asked Shining with a smirk. "How is a group of warriors beating a 20 foot tall monster nerdy? Or going on an epic adventure to overthrow an evil overlord?"

"...Okay, when you put it that way, that does sound kinda cool..."

"We used to play O&O back when Chrysalis ran the hive," Ocellus said, looking at them.

"Really? What did you play about?" Shining Armor asked.

The teenaged Changeling looked sheepish. "Well...killing all of you and taking over the world..."

"...I see...Well that isn't the case today," said Shining Armor, giving a shudder about it. "Divide into groups and make your characters, me and your other teachers have made easy to understand instructions and profiles for each class and race, but if you need any help, don't hesitate to ask.

OOC: Seemed like a logical way to tie the season premier into this. One big thing I imagine is that Shining INTENDS to let them make mistakes because it's a learning experience, which includes the part learning to work together and the GM not making it about them.

Session 77.31 Zaku789 (with edits and additions)


"Well darling, I vote for Princess Luna," stated Rarity, looking to her. "I did not enjoy your booby traps at the Castle of the Two Sisters very much..."

"Everypony be a critic, this is why Celestia won't let me install them in our new castle..." Luna muttered.

"Well I vote Luna too...I did get a much worse dream visit that Apple Bloom and Scootaloo..." Sweetie Belle said. "I deserved it, but did you HAVE to show me that bad future?"

"Yes, because you were being emotional and stubborn."

"Oh yeah...still, feels fair to me," replied Sweetie Belle.

"Well I vote Trixie," Starlight replied. "For the tea cupping."

"...I understand, but that still kinda stings," Trixie admitted. "Also despite this, Trixie still votes Rarity to be turned to tapestry."

"I'm voting Luna, I always liked the old tapestries of her and Celestia," Sassy Saddles said with a smile.

"... Thank you?" Luna said, not sure how to respond to that. "Well even though I am technically outvoted, I also admit to wanting to see Rarity turned to tapestry as well, serve as a unique irony that the tailor become tapestry." Princess Luna stated.

"Well, you can't change your votes after you cast them, sorry," said the blue pegasus announcer. Please pick your pose and title... though uh... I'll admit, I feel really uncomfortable doing this to an Alicorn."

"I took the same formula that repressed most of my magic for the Sisterhood Social, so your transmutation magic should work on them. And this shall encourage ponies to appreciate, so I consider it a worthy cause." Princess Luna took off her barding. Shape shifted to her 'Pwincess Woona' form, and assume a prancing pose. 'Joy In the Moonlight' will be a sufficient title for myself and my mirror clone to be created when the competition is complete."

"Very well." The announce nodded.

A flash of light, and a large classical tapestry hung next to the statue 'Elegance Embodied.' It displayed a child Luna, none of her barding, playing in a field of moon flowers (yes those are real, look them up), underneath the bright light of a full moon with tall mountains in the distance. Framed with some beautiful glowing moon moths.

'Joy In the Moonlight' meanwhile, inside the tapestry, could 'see' outside, but it was like the ground existing, not worth thinking about. Instead the Alicorn filly pranced with endless loyal in the endless field of flowers, free of all judgements and doubts, the night would last forever! The glowing moths happily floating about her.

"That's two down, five to go!" Said the announce. "And next we have. Our next pony voted off will be transformed into a bronze fountain figure, life size, small size, or 'larger than life, spitting out water into their basin in an endless cycle. Seapony or Merepony (separate species) transmutation optional!"

Author's Note:

This is a group-story/addventure/chain-story/round robin, fanfic 'story' of the Mane Six Plus Spike playing Dungeons and Dragons/Oubliettes and Ogres, with occasional guest players (like Trixie or Gilda), with Spike and Twilight rotating as Dungeon Master. It's intended to be an IN-CHARACTER comedy.

Each post should be more self contained, if say (in game) Twilight is fire balled by a Mimic in one post in a desert pyramid, the next post can have them sailing a ship encountering seaponies siren expies, each one containing a short joke, or an extension of a previous scene if that's what the poster wants. Time skips, flash backs, the ponies rotating different characters and campaigns, are all allowed (and ENCOURAGED) as long as the ponies stay in character (such as Pinkie Pie NOT fireballing a cabbage sales stallion and saying she thought he was a demon, thank you very much).

P.S. Addendum. No adding entire new fanon countries and/or fanon species.

Pinkie Pie, "And pretty please do not take anything personally! It's just a game!"

Rainbow Dash, "What did you say!?

What's you post in the comments, it's then copy and pasted into the fic above, have fun.

IMPORTANT: WHEN MAKING A SUBMISSION POST IT AS A NEW COMMENT!

Trope Page: (PLEASE update already!)
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Fanfic/PoniesAndDragons


Session 77.0 Alex Warlorn
Session 77.1 Mtangalion
Session 77.2 Kendell2
Session 77.3 Mtangalion
Session 77.4 Alex Warlorn
Session 77.5 Kendell2
Session 77.6 Alex Warlorn
Session 77.7 Mtangalion
Session 77.8 Alex Warlorn
Session 77.9 Alex Warlorn
Session 77.10 Kendell2
Session 77.11 Mtangalion
Session 77.12 Grogar-the-Oneser
Session 77.13 Alex Warlorn
Session 77.14 Mtangalion
Session 77.15 Alex Warlorn
Session 77.16 Ardashir
Session 77.17 Alex Warlorn
Session 77.18 Grogar-the-Oneser
Session 77.19 Alex Warlorn
Session 77.20 Alex Warlorn
Session 77.21 Ardashir and Alex Warlorn
Session 77.22 Alex Warlorn
Session 77.23 Kendell2 (with edits)
Session 77.24 Alex Warlorn
Session 77.25 Mtangalion
Session 77.26 Alex Warlorn Mtangalion Grogar-the-Onser Ardashir Zau789
Session 77.27 Ardashir
Session 77.28 Alex Warlorn
Session 77.29 Ardashir
Session 77.30 Kendell2
Session 77.31 Zaku789 (with edits and additions)


MLPFiM Copyright Hasbro



Also remember, this is not the pony pov verse, has never been the pony pov verse, will never be the pony pov verse, so please avoid using pony pov verse cosmology and characters please.


Basic grammar:
-Periods go at the end of sentences. (.)
-People and place's names are capitalized.
-Questions end in Questions Marks. (?)
-The word 'I' is capitalized.
-"When characters start or stop talking, use quotations."
-'There' is a place, 'their' is someone's property or trait, 'they're' is short for 'they are.'




https://artistnjc.deviantart.com/art/ATGVI-Roll-Dexterity-Die-630032011
Picture by artistNJC used with permission.

PreviousChapters Next