• Published 2nd Sep 2015
  • 15,309 Views, 2,073 Comments

Ponies and Dragons (Just Have Fun) - Alex Warlorn



A peek at various times of the Mane Six, Spike, and friends, all play Dungeons and Dragons/Ogres and Oubliettes, Paranoia, Call of Ponythulu, Toon, an adaption of themselves, and just about every other role playing game under Celestia's sun.

  • ...
27
 2,073
 15,309

PreviousChapters Next
Session 83

Session 83.0 Quartzscale


The lights shined once more as Discord got back to the stage. He was a bit nervous seeing as he was about to reveal another trailer for the game. The hype train was goi far too fast and he couldn't just set it up higher... which he was glad to do with how much chaos would come out of this whole thing. It was more he was forced to work with. Tirek was no laughing matter.

"Now folks I know you're enjoying those new characters and all that but I mean... so what?" Discord started. "We have to give you something much much harder to fight. I mean Umbrum? Those hacks couldn't even stop you so what choice to we have but to give you something much better!"

"Woo! Bring it on!" A couple of voices rang out from the Griffon players and Zebra players.

"Though I think we should hear this from our three newest players that have joined to make this Crystalsoft event what it is through their voice acting chops... cause they couldn't do anything else right." Discord joked which got quite a few laughs though there were some pouts from a very weird Diamond Wolf costume with a fancy Rarity styled dress though no one could actually tell. "Here they are now. Your new cast!"

Out on the stage appeared two very familiar girls. Twilight Sparkle, princess edition wearing several pony paraphernalia, and Sunset Shimmer, also in pony paraphernalia. The two waved to their collective friends as the stage went dark.

"So... you've come to face me then, have you?" A voice rang out as the stomps of a heavier man stepped onto the stage. Everyone felt a chill go down their spines as a large man wearing demonic horns who stood taller than almost everyone in the room eyeing them evilly. "Pathetic... like any of you have a chance against me."

The booming laugh he gave off shook Twilight so much she really wished she was back in Equestria with her new Smarty Pants doll she hid from everyone under her bed. Sunset merely rolled her eyes but kept her professionalism up for the crowds.

"Now now... these guys'll handle you with a snap of their fingers. They already fought how many baddies?" Sunset taunted snapping her fingers in defiance.

"Y-yeah... it... it'll be easy." Twilight added though clearly she was still nervous.

"I'm sure." Tirek coldly dismissed their claims. "After all... I have many minions on my side already. Let's show these peons who they are messing with."

The room went dark once again before the screens started to play up once again. The Celestia voice over started.

"Long ago... before the world embraced harmony. There was nothing. And before nothing... there were monsters. These monsters adapted working towards subjugating all others either as their slaves... or their meals."

Several of the creatures shown in other trailers were merely shown in shadow as they froze ponies in either stone or ice. Another melted then as screams permeating the entire room torturous in their design.

"Before long the most dangerous of them all rose to fight... wielding stolen magic he subjugated the entirety of the world in fear alongside a brother. Thankfully harmony and friendship managed to give us a chance and those demons were cast back to Tartarus. Harmony was allowed to live but now... "

The screen cut as a strange Minotaur figure resembling Tirek sat upon his throne issuing orders from the Midnight Castle. He raised his arm and the screen shuddered.

A large penguin monarch with several ice golems attached the deer issuing orders as he created blizzards with his staff. His cruel blue beaked face twisted into a horrid smirk. The name King Charlatan scrolled on screen before fading to black.

Dark clouds flowed onto the screen as pegasi, thestrals and griffons looked around in panic. A large cloud took form and its eyes opened up. Within seconds a shadow hand erupted from its created mouth absorbing their shadows and causing them to fall to their doom. The ones who didn't get caught dove to save their fallen while the rest flew away. The name Arabus scrolled across the screen fading once again.

Crystal Ponies ran in fear as a large rock like dog rampaged through the town. With a couple of harsh stomps he turned the Crystal ponies to stone harshly roaring about how hideous they looked. The name Crunch scrolled on screen before fading as the monster raced towards the castle.

Diamond Wolves forced ice spell after ice spell as a large glow of lava flowed after them. It laughed as it burned down everything that got in his way while the Diamond Wolves were forced back. The name Lavan scrolled across the screen before fading like the rest.

Zebras rushed off while seven tiny foals of different races creepily stared before absorbing the souls of those who couldn't run away fast enough. Alchemists forced them back as hurriedly as they possibly could. The title they were given merely were question marks which added to the creepiness before the screen faded again.

Unicorns, dazed and confused, were ushered through the field in front of three witches. They waved their arms and the ponies were fed into a large purple slime. Four names scrolled on screen. Hydia, Reeka, and Draggle scrolled on screen. As malicious looking unicorns walked out of the slime it formed a misshapen face smiled at the malice exhibited. The name Smooze scrolled over the screen before fading again.

Earth ponies in bits and bridle sets were marched through fields growing strange looking red weed like plants by a tall cat woman. Large reptilian creatures with wings and dog faces flew around her making absolutely certain that no one stepped out of line. The name Catarina scrolled across when the cat lady appeared with a tiny subtitle of Abyssinian for her race appeared. Then the name Raptorians scrolled for all the flying dog reptiles. The screen faded as one of the raptorians picked up an earth pony who tried to run and dropped them from a very long height.

Yaks were being fought by a strange looking witch. She was old and decrepit but as soon as one yak got to close it's youth was drained and the witch became beautiful and far more deadly. She began casting magic that destroyed the yaks defenses effortlessly. The name Somnambula scrolled across the screen and faded like the rest.

Beneath the waves further than any had seen and teasing all the viewers seaponies and hippocampi swam together in relative peace up until several tentacles swarmed out of nowhere. A large octopus wielding a strange spear screamed beneath the waters laughing even at their panic as he tried to squeeze the life out of them. The name Squirk scrolled beneath him before fading away.

The camera settled back on Midnight Castle as the Minotaur sat unmoving on his chair. He opened a bag where a dark rainbow flowed around his hand seemingly radiating in a way that would make Equestrians tremble in fear. The name Tirek scrolled on screen... but was followed by a question mark as they didn't seem to be all there. As the camera scrolled over it faded just as the red skin from the first teaser trailer appeared.

"Demons will control the path you walk fools. Thirteen of the most dangerous creatures to ever walk this world. And soon enough another shall join my cabal." Tirek(?) laughed as the statue of Discord was plopped before him.

"Wait till they get a load of me." Discord's uncanny voice sounded out as the trailer finally cut off.

"So as you can see. Demons rule your world and I shall never let my iron grip go. So pray for mercy... though for your regrets... I have none." Tirek called out from the stage while his booming voice shook the entire group of con goers. There was legitimate fear on their eyes from how much they were facing.

He went quiet again as the screen started up and two familiar ponies started to speak.

"We gotta finish this spell. It's the only way to stop that demon." Twilight's natural cadence rang out as the pony version on the screen poured over her map.

"Then stop putting your snout to paper and let's get moving. This world needs us more than ever." Sunset Shimmer announced taking a brave stand for the camera as the two began to march over the hellish landscape towards the Midnight Castle.

The two on stage took point as Tirek escaped from the stage.

"And we'll be there with you to stop him." Sunset smiled out towards everyone.

"We won't let him win will we?" Twilight added as the two joined shoulder to shoulder.

"Ascension is almost out. Be there!" The two called out receiving the cheers and applause from all the hype that was leveled.

"Before we forget... our illustrious president Sombra wants to remind all that he will be playing the game here on site along with a select group of people to test out the new features later today. Remember first come first serve and those with their specialty ticket they received can get the first play. You know who you are so enjoy having fun." Twilight announced giving everyone a bigger shock than they had at first.
-
Special Announcement, a guide to the practical details of World of Horsecraft has been created by QuartzScale.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/12WUEDLO756a1vicr8wGurpzB2LXDbSjyQX_xDl-hZ0Y/edit

Hope this helps you with your future editions.

-

Session 83.1 Alex Warlorn

King Leo's mereponies, and Queen Novo's seaponies, were trading death glares at each other.

"Get out of our ocean!!!" Shouted a blue merpony with red spines holding a water proof sign.

"Didn't see your name on it siren!" Said a hippogriff in seapony form.

"I AM NOT A SIREN YOU NAG!!!" They began try and strangle each other.

"It's going to be a red tide soon of this keeps up." King Leo sigh, raised out of the ocean and sitting on a throne made out of ocean water.

"You didn't care about us being in the water before!" Queen Novo said.

"You were in your own private little subterranean sea before! You can't just cross international borders and build houses in the Merpony domain and not expect my ponies not to get angry!"

"I thought you were a myth until your ponies showed up on our doorstep!"

"Well, now you know, and Aquaestria has had claim on that parts of the sea long before you started building houses in it."

"You weren't using it!"

"So if I'm not using a room in my house, you're free to turn it into your bedroom?"

===

"This Massive Affect game from the human world is interesting, though I wish you were allowed to play through this 'first contact war.'" Luna remarked.

"Lulu we're going to HAVE a first contact war unless we can get the seaponies and merponies to reconcile!"

"Cousin Leo is warm and reasonable, I can't see him wanting trouble."

"It isn't about wanting to start a fight. This is about a territory dispute."

---

"Whoo-hoo! Destroy each other!" Waved one of Adagio's cousin's waving a way and wearing a fin band watching through a crystal ball. "Can't we see this close up?"

"NO! Give two sides a common enemy, and they'll forget their loathing of each other. Best to just sit it out." Said another of the Dazzlings' cousins, the one who had tried to date Zephyr Breeze.

Session 83.2 Mtangalion Ardashir BrutalityInc SomeRandomMinion Alex Warlorn sonicandmario826

(Continuation of Ember and Garble accidentally engaged).

"So... when's the wedding," someone asked and was instantly turned to ash, or would have been if that person hadn't been Spike the dragon, "Yeah, that's why they made me ask."

Garble said, "What, it's just some dumb old tradition nodragon cares about, right?"

Ember snapped, "Maybe, if I wasn't the DRAGON LORD!"

Garble said, "Well, just change the law then, your hotness. Highness! I meant highness!"

Ember growled.

"Hey, wait, if I did marry you, then I'd be Dragon Lord too, right?" He fantasized about all of dragonkind being required to bring a share of their hoards to their new king. "Oh, yeah, baby."

Ember said, "Don't even think it."

Rarity said, "I'll start planning at once!" She Laughed maniacally.

"They'd probably need asbestos dresses for the bridesmaids, because Ember and Garble will end up breathing (literal) fire at each other."

Rarity said, "Already covered, darling! I made them years ago, along with my bridal gowns designed for undersea wear."

Rainbow Dash asked, "What, do you have dresses for giant ponies and formal space suits too?"

Rarity nodded. "Of course, darling, I'm ready for any sartorial emergency."

Dash frowned. "I bet you don't have outfits ready for... uh... griffons at the Great Galloping Gala!"

"Pish posh, I've had a gown and suit ready for a certain couple for some time now! Give me a difficult one, darling."

"Okay... instead of griffons at a pony Gala, how about if we all go to a Griffon Kingdom Gala?!"

"Which style of chain mail do you prefer?"

"GAAAH!!! Wait, are you doing this because you want Ember not hook up with Spike when he gets bigger?"

"SHAME Rainbow Dash! SHAME! I am not so selfish nor so petty. I am doing what I've always done, help ponies... and dragons, look their best."

Torch roared, "They're too young! If they were becoming mates, which they're not!"

Princess Twilight said, "Well, according to the dragon lore you *finally* sent me, dragons can enjoy... you know, adult activities... long before they reach egg-laying age and size."

Torch snorted flame!

Twilight remarked, her mane blazing. "Yeah, sorry, I was fireproof before I was an Alicorn."

Torch said, "... I knew that."

Pinkie Roasted marshmallows over Twilight's still-burning mane.

"...Let ‘s just hope Torch does not go with the whole ' if I kill him then there won't be a wedding ' method. "

Torch looked ready to pound Garble for what Twi just suggested. "He can't do 'adult things' with Ember if he's been reduced to a pile of broken scales."

Ember tapped her chin with a, "Hmmmm."

"You can't be serious!" Garble exclaimed.

"Quiet, I'm thinking."

Applejack asked, "So what, if ol' Torch and that Deer goddess Astrid wanted ta have a night on the town; you'd have a mountain-sized fireproof tux AND an even BIGGER ice-proof dress for 'em?"

Rarity silently wheeled out both of of the wedding attire Applejack has described. "Why did you think I had that immense warehouse installed in back of my boutique?"

In a Possible timeline

And then two giantic forms--one draconic, one cervine--covered Ponyville.

Astrid smiling said, "Ah, I always like it when Tinies are punctual. My dress is ready, and I didn't even have to threaten to sit on anyone's house. Even if that's always fun."

Torch said, "Why even give them a warning? What's the fun of being big if we don't enjoy our size?"

Astrid THUNKed down a giant bag of coins down. "Because then ALL the tinies get squished, and we can't order pancakes around. And I ate TEN pirate islands and bandit towns on the way here, so coming from ME that means something." She Snatched up the outfits. "Come on, Torchie; there's a new play in Manehatten, 'Hoofilton'. I've heard the songs are amazing! Plus, there're lots of restaurants we can eat."

The earth shakes as both titans start THOOM-ing off into the distance...

In That Possible Timeline's Possible future
-

Ember asked, "Huh. So you eat cities for fun, chop mountains in half, and sat on entire armies just because you can?"

Astrid nodded, "Yup."

"...Neat."

In That Possible Timeline's further future


Liekki shouted, "Big Siiisss! My wings got caught in my antlers again! Pleeeeaaase get them untangled!"

(AN: Leikki is Finnish for "Flame".)

In The Possible Timeline's Present


Dragon Lord Ember incredulous asked, "Dad, WHAT?!"

Torch replied, "Come now, Ember! You know this isn't the first time something like this has happened! Remember Princess Zmeitsa, Dragon Lord of the Roedinan Dragonflight?"

Astrid said, "Ah yes! My daddy told me: Still can't believe she and Welges fell in love and got hitched - even made her a goddess of both the Bogolenya AND the Dragon Pantheons after she died. Always wondered what she saw in that dirt-loving death god of the Deers...?"

Ember, "I sure have an interesting family tree."

And just to make things more chaotic, Discord popped in. "I guess Torch and Celestia didn't work out."

Discord then proceeded to show several lewd picture of Celestia with Torch that Twilight quickly vaporized.

Torch said, "Oh, we're still friends; we even meet up for coffee sometimes. She just kept insisting on vegetarian meals when we ate out (how can she not think Diamond Dogs are tasty?), and said my gem-mountain was uncomfortable to sit on...it just didn't quite work."

Celestia popped out of nowhere, "We're still on good terms. Torch is always fun on movie night." She Giggled.

===

In This Timeline

Rarity looked at the sky. "Hmm..."

"What? Were you expecting Torch and a giant deer goddess to elope or something?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Maybe..."

"I got it, you weren't dragons when it happened, so dragon tradition doesn't apply?" Twilight asked.

Everyone glared at her.

"Was worth a shot."

"But seriously Ember," Spike said, "Can you just like Garble suggested, change the law? You're dragon lord."

"I'm pretty sure law changes like that don't come into effect until the NEXT dragon lord takes power."

"Well... I'm coming out of retirement then! Reinstate me as Dragon Lord!"

"Spike it doesn't work like that!"

"My term never ended, I stepped down, I challenge you to a game of dragon mahjong to serve as dragon lord for a few seconds for the law revision to come into effect!"

"Actually we just call it mahjong, and the pony version pony mahjong. And Spike, that is making a mockery out of every single dragon tradition in existence! If the dragon lord can ignore tradition, how is any dragon expected to respect it?"

Session 83.3 Mtangalion


"Now, hold on just one danged second," said Applejack. "If there's one thing Ah know as a proud member of the Apple family, it's peculiar and convoluted marriage traditions! We should go back to the original dragon laws and see if we can't work this thing out."

Princess Twilight grinned, looking slightly unhinged from all the bickering. "Original dragon laws, you say? It just so happens that I have them right here! Well, not right *here*... it's in my dimensional pocket, which is technically here, and technically not! The distinction between the two states is a fascinating theoretical question that..."

Applejack stamped a forehoof. "Focus, Twi."

"Right! I'll just bring it out and... could you back up? I need more room."

AJ frowned, but she stepped back a couple paces.

"Further back." She motioned with a hoof. "Keep going... Okay!" Twilight's horn flashed, and a pile of stone slabs the size of a house foundation appeared, slamming to the ground. "The Revised Modern Codex of Dragon Law, abridged!" she declared proudly. "Forty tons of bedrock granite, with forged tungsten carbide loops for binding!"

Applejack's eyebrow twitched. "Ya can't forge tungsten."

Twilight smirked. "Dragons can. Now, betrothal customs are here, on page six..." Twilight's horn lit up like a blazing purple torch as she levitated the book and turned the pages. "I suggested adding chapters and an index, but Torch wouldn't hear of it."

AJ sighed at the incomprehensible claw marks gouged into the stone. "Twilight, why'd ya bring this book out when ya knew Ah wouldn't be able to read it anyway?"

Twilight bristled at this. "It's the heaviest book in my collection by at least two orders of magnitude! How could I not show it off?"

Applejack could no longer resist facehoofing. "Ugh, just... Fine, you read the book, sugarcube. Ah'll say what ideas I've got! First of all, Garble and Ember weren't in no ‘den.' There were in a cage!"

But Twilight was already shaking her head. "A den is defined as an enclosed space just big enough for the two dragons."

"They weren't dragons at the time."

"Already covered that one. It doesn't matter."

"Well, how ‘bout this, then? Ember and Garble didn't *choose* to sleep in the ‘den' together! They were held captive!" Applejack grinned. "No way that's a legal engagement!"

"Actually," said Twilight, "there was a time in prehistory when dragon clans would actually try to kidnap young dragons so they could force a new or future Dragon Lord to marry into their clan. It's all legal. A daring and respected political maneuver, even. They called all of this ‘the Mating Game.'"

For some reason, Pinkie Pie started giggling.



Meanwhile, Garble was pleading with Ember with unaccustomed patience. Also, unaccustomed bravery, since Torch was right there too, slamming a fist into a scaly palm whenever Garble looked his way. "Look," said Garble. "All I'm saying is, think about it. Would it really be so bad, I mean, you and me... someday? Who would your pop make you marry for politics and crap if you *weren't* betrothed?"

Session 83.4 Alex Warlorn

Discord's voice came out over the school's recently magically installed PSA system. "Attention all creatures on school grounds! I! The great and really great Discord shall be giving a public example of how chaos magic works. Anyone creature, oh who am I kidding, any canine creature who is currently in disguise wearing a costume, I shall now zap so you actually be that creature, and retroactively remember only that identity as shall everyone else, including if you were disguised as someone else. So anyone who has a identical twin right, think really hard if you really always had a twin."

Princess Twilight stormed into her office, horn sparkling. "DISCORD! YOU BETTER HAVE BEEN BLUFFING!!"

"Oh of course I was bluffing, OR WAS I?! Heheh. Come on it's all in good fun."

Cherry Blossom shook her head, "Cheerilee, I SWEAR I've always been your twin sister! You went to Manehattan and stood in for me during a wrestling match remember?!"

"Candy... " Bon Bon said. "You weren't a diamond dog in a costume of me a second ago were you?"

"Of course I wasn't!!!... Was I?"

Twilight groaned. "Even if Discord wasn't bluffing, we're gonna now have every twin in Ponyville wondering about their own identity!"

Session 83.5 Ardashir


Alisa and Pavel both gulped when they heard Discord's words over the speaker. They glanced at the recently removed ponysuits and sighed in relief.

"Pavel like ponies," the puppy said, "but not want to be pony forever. Pavel likes being wolf."

"As does Alisa," the she-wolf said, holding the puppy close. "Alisa is liking Miss Rarity. She is not liking to BE Miss Rarity for permanent."

Meanwhile down in the cellar Garble, desperate for something to distract him from Torch's plans for 'the dragon who defiled his daughter', looked at the crate of Storm King brand fireworks that Grubber had opened.

"Hey, shorty, you sure about these things?" Garble grunted with effort as he picked up one skyrocket almost as big as he was. He leaned it against the wall as he puzzled out most of the words on the paper attacked to it. Storm King Balefire Skyrocket Special, Not Responsible for Death or Disfigurement, Do Not Use Inside Building. Beneath the warning were several skull and crossbones figures. "I wanna impress those jerk ponies when they do their big fireworks contest tonight and win the grand prize. What's it for anyway?"

"Ah, something about the time Princess Sun-butt beat half a dozen attacking dragons at once, or something," Grubber said as he left the fuse lying in the floor. He saw how Garble was poking at the skyrocket and froze. "Hey! Be careful with these, Storm King only made a few of them for the armada before he decided to sell them for fireworks instead. Something about being too unstable for use on an airship."

"Yeah, right," Garble sniffed. He kicked the skyrocket. "What did he make them from, dragonfire?" He puffed some flame out, Grubber raced for the door, and Garble looked down to see the fuse burning off with lightning speed.

Garble just looked at the massive skyrocket and groaned.

"Not again."

(OOC: If someone else wants to cover the ensuing eruption, go ahead.)

Session 83.6 Mtangalion (with addition by me)


Just then, the real Rarity poked her nose into the office again. "Twilight darling, how many maids did you hire? I only ask because there's two of them arguing about who's responsible for sweeping my classroom today."

"Eight," said Twilight at once.

"Six," said Spike, reading from a scroll that he'd just pulled out of Twilight's desk.

Alisa tapped her chin with a claw. "If Alisa had sneaky plan to place deep cover puppy protectors, she'd make them maids." She smirked, wagging her tail. "Maids are best disguise, ponies never think twice about them! But Alisa remembers, she decided not to do that for... some reason?" She blinked, then growled.

Rarity tisked. "Oh dear, I was afraid of that. Well, come on, let's go find the 'maids' whose names aren't written down in the payroll."

Twilight started to follow her, then froze. "Oh no, the wardrobe! We have to lock up the roleplaying costumes before anycreature puts one on!"

"Pfft, yeah right," said Spike. "Even if Discord's curse affected those costumes too, nocreature would be dumb enough to try one on after they just heard Discord's announcement."

Twilight grabbed a framed photograph from her desk, the one that she and her five best friends had taken after they defeated Nightmare Moon. "Then explain why our griffon friend Blackbeak is a blue rainbow-maned pegasus in this picture!"

Discord twiddled his claws, a halo floating over his head. "Oopsie?"

-

"Hey Blackbeak," Gilda said to him, "I've never really thought about how totally hot you are. Wanna make out?"

Session 83.7 Alex Warlorn

"TWILIGHT! Tempest Shadow went to visit the Yaks!" Spike shouted.

"OH NO! They'll pound her into a pancake as soon as she opens her mouth!"

---

"WE YAKS LOVE PONY TEMPEST SHADOW! SHE NOT WASTE TIME WITH PONY PLATITUDES! ... We give her honorary-honorary Yak status!"

"Uh... why not honorary Yak status?"

"Apparently ancient dragon lord was named honorary Yak, and was promised to be only one. Then we forget it over thousands of years, and name Pink Pony honorary Yak... Yaks and Dragons have war... "

"Oh."

Session 83.8 Grogar-the-Oneser


"Welp the latest villain was... was..."

"Lazy" "Dumb?" "Way to obsess with her phone?"

Everyone look at Pinkie "What, it wasn't like the mirror or Rock, if the battery died then she would have been so screwed over."

"Yeah but ironically her choosing a parade help in our favor, everyone who isn't canterlot high or crystal prep thought we were part of the show." Sunset said.

"Still as villains go... she was rather easily handled." Rarity stated, just as a tomato hit her in the face. "Speaking of villains..."

"THAT FOR MAKING LAME COSTUME VERSION OF ME YOU JERK!!" Adagio roared as she began throwing more tomatoes.

(Btw anyone but me sees other employess banning Twilight and Sunset from playing carnival games, due to their obsession).

Session 83.9 Alex Warlorn

"DISCORD! YOU BETTER HAVE A CURSE ESCAPE CLAUSE!" Twilight snarled.

"Well, it's wasn't really a curse but-" Discord had this feeling of the elements of harmony glowing from that psychotic blood thirsty tree that persecuted poor innocent gods of chaos and disharmony far away... "OF COURSE I DID!!! I'm not evil anymore- REMEMBER?! BUDDIES?! ... I'm a trickster mentor now! So of course I'd have a way to fix it! I mean, it's not like I was trying to prove how have sudden random changes in reality can be constructive and give happiness to the world..."

Feeling of the psycho tree again...

"I TOTALLY INCLUDED ONE!" Discord snapped his fingers, freezing time, then he took Starlight Glimmer's spell, went back in time, and told himself to include a curse escape-clause, and returned to the present, and unfroze time. "Just get them to put this Rainbow Dash costume, and these two Diamond Dog costumes... and get them to say 'this is me' in front of a mirror, and POOF! Reality back to how you ponies prudishly prefer it, all consistent and stable!"

"See Twilight? We could trust Discord." Fluttershy said with a smile... then gave Discord a lot.

'Yes dear. Will behave better dear.' Discord thought automatically.

Session 83.10 Alex Warlorn

"You hear?! They wanna turn us into disgusting diamond dogs!" Said Minty Fresh the maid.

"I think they said Diamond wolves." Said Lemon Fresh the maid.

"Whatever! We gotta get out of here!"

"To where all ponies go who don't want to be found! Manhattan!"

Session 83.11 Mtangalion (with extra bit by me)


Blackbeak snickered at the Rainbow Dash costume, then laughed uproariously in Twilight Sparkle's face. "I'm sorry, you want me to put some lame costume on and say what?!" The dark-coated griffon shook his head. "That ain't me, babe."

Twilight groaned. "I know it's hard to believe, Blackbeak. I mean, we've known each other for years, but Discord says..."

"Discord says, Discord says," mocked Gilda. "He'd say anything for a laugh."

Discord blinked. "Well, that's true, but..."

Gilda grinned slyly at Blackbeak. "Let's tell those guys to scram so we can get back to making out. Ugh, how come you spend so much time hanging with ponies, anyway?"

Blackbeak grinned handsomely at her, fluffing out his wings. "Eh, sometimes I don't know myself, babe, but I sure wouldn't be where I am today without my pony pals. National hero of Equestria AND the only griffon member of the Wonderbolts!"

Fluttershy tapped her hoof at Discord expectantly, and he sighed in a huff. "Would you excuse me one moment?" Another quick trip to the past later, Discord reappeared and said, "Fine. We'll use the backup backup curse escape clause!"

Applejack glared at him. "Or you could snap your flim-flaming claws and fix everything."

"That's not a real expletive!" sputtered Discord.

"Is now."

Discord yanked his own eyebrows off in a fit of temper, but they instantly grew back, so it wasn't that satisfying. "Look..." He popped across the room and whispered in Twilight's ear. "Just have one of the afflicted beat me in any challenge, and the curse will be undone for everyone."

"What, that's it?" asked Twilight. "So I could just say... Hey Blackbeak, I heard that Discord is faster than you! He could totally make it to Fluttershy's cottage and back before you can!"

Blackbeak whooshed across the room to Twilight so fast, every paper on her desk went flying. "I don't think so, sugar! One-two-three-GO!!" Everything in the room went flying again.

"Well, that's just silly," said Discord. "I'll just teleport there and back in an instant, and... oh my! A hand cramp! Can't... snap my fingers..."



Meanwhile in Manehatten, Minty Fresh and Lemon Fresh were just reaching the climax of a grand Heart Song that had swept up everyone in their new apartment building.

"And yes we'll clean!"

"Yes, we'll clean!"

"Everything!"

"Everything!!"

"It's our... dream!!"

With a great flash of dissipating chaos magic, the pair became a male and female Diamond Wolf, still wearing the aprons and holding the mops they'd been dancing with, but the crowd of their new neighbors continued their thunderous applause, not noticing the change.

One of the new neighbors, another Diamond Wolf in fact, came forward and shook their paws. "Welcome to new Manehatten Pack! There's no hiding here, you'll like it way better than smelly old Icehome!"



Gilda jumped six feet away from her old friend. "What the hay, Dash? You catch hugging fever from Garble or something?"

Rainbow Dash blushed, coughing. "Discord did it?"

Discord admired the two stamps on his new frequent time-travelers card. "Whatever makes you feel better."

Starlight Glimmer tapped him on the shoulder. "And here's your 'I created an alternate universe' club membership card."

Session 83.12 Ardashir


"I just wanted to thank you again for making that dress for the suit," Sci-Twi said to Rarity as she carefully set the female Diamond Wolf costume into the carry case in her room. The girls had briefly retired to their suite to get ready for dinner, with the 'Twilight the Diamond Wolf' flirting with every guy along the way. Most of them reacted well, too, leaving Rarity grinding her teeth. Twilight seemed oblivious, saying, "It really makes it look great!"

"I'm so glad for you, dear," Rarity grated out. Twi smiled and left, the head sitting on the bed and seeming to leer at the fashionista with those long eyelashes and fangs bared grin. She looked around the room, but no, sadly there was nothing she could use to 'accidentally' destroy that horror.

"Yeesh, Rares," Applejack said as she left the bathroom -- a nice sizeable one; CrystalSoft was springing for the room, a full luxury suite with all the trimmings. "Ah remember a few weeks ago when ya wore that fox-lady costume for Alisa after ya lost a bet from gaming with her. It didn't bother ya then, what's wrong with this one?" She jerked her thumb at the costume's head.

"For one thing, I admit, it makes me jealous to see Twilight getting all that attention by acting like some lupine strumpet in that suit," Rarity growled the words out. "It took me years to master my social skills, and she gets that much attention just by pitting that costume on? Secondly," Rarity shivered. "It has too many bad memories."

"Ya mean that new amusement park that asked ya ta make them costumes?"

"Yes. Those mascot siren suits!" Rarity dramatically threw one arm across her eyes and flopped onto the bed. "I never had so many demands for a rework in my life! Constant complaints about the 'inaccuracy'! They looked just like the Sirens everyone faces in World of Horsecraft, but all I heard was, 'No, no, still not right, redo them!' LIke they know what an actual siren looks like --"

She froze, sat up and returned Applejack's stare.

"You don't think?..."

***

"For the last time," Vignette Valencia said to the women facing her as she held out three incredibly silly-looking siren costumes, "you either wear these, or janitor's clothes!"

"... Fine," Adagio growled as she took her costume. Aria followed suit with ill grace, and Sonata smiled as she slipped into hers. Adagio grumbled, "This is just until I get my royalties from the Mexicolt publisher of my witchcraft books, sisters. Then we can get rid of these -- things."

"Whatever," Vignette huffed. She thrust her finger into the costumed Adagio's chest. "But until then, you're the three Seasick Sirens of Equestria-land Park, understood?"

"Yes, ma'am," the three said in cheery voices that no one who knew them would have recognized before they headed out for another day of minimum wage.

Session 83.13 Alex Warlorn

Spike said, "After you ask the dwarven women to shave their beards, they pick up their battle axes, scream a war cry, and charge at you for insulting their femininity, calling you a stupid elf."

"Nice goin' Rarity!" AJ snapped.

"My cleric serves the goddess of beauty! It's literally her divine mission to aid with beauty everywhere! Those ogres didn't complain when I gave them pretty hair-bows!"

Session 83.14 Ardashir (with bit added by me)

"Those hair-bows were made outta th' bones of their slain lich overlord. Y'all think that mighta made some difference?"

"But they did a wonderful job of holding the ogresses' hair in place over their faces."

"How the hay did that make things more beautiful, anyway?" Dash asked.

"Well," Rarity looked embarrassed. "We didn't have to LOOK at their faces after that, which was a definite improvement."

Fluttershy gasped. "Rarity! My druid is very disappointed in you! Shouldn't the mission of your goddess be to bring out the inner beauty of all things?!"

"Fluttershy, nopony likes it when they're lectured by an outsider about their ow religion." Rarity reminded her.

"Oh! Sorry!"

Spike said, "May I remind you the angry dwarve ladies are still chasing after you, and with their superior constitution scores, you are going to tire out before them."

Session 83.15 Kendell2


"Okay, Ah might have found somethin'," said Applejack, continuing to look through dragon law. "It says here that any dragon of proper station can challenge the betrothed to trial by combat at a 'time and place of their choosing', so we just find a worthy dragon tah challenge Garble and make it so far in the future it doesn't matter, then if Ember DOES find Mr. Right, the two of them can forfeit and problem solved!"

"Except we need a dragon of proper station. That means someone as prestigious or more so than Garble, and he DID come in third in the gauntlet..." said Twilight.

Spike blinked at this point, finding all eyes on him. "What?"

"Former Dragon Lord..." Twilight pointed out.

"You're also part of a noble dragon bloodline," Torch admitted.

"...I am?"

"Yeah, remember the Spike from those old Age of Myth stories? Pretty sure you're related to him..." Spike then had to avoid being sucked into Torch's nose as the former Dragon Lord sniffed him. "Smell like him anyway. Nice guy, his adopted mother was one of the only ponies I was ever afraid of."

Garble forced himself not to laugh. "You?! Afraid of a namby pamby pony?!"

"Don't laugh! If she'd heard you say you were gonna declare war on Equestria, you'd have been a turnip before you could blink!...Nice mare to her friends though. My kinda lady: fierce as a storm but loyal to her friends as a dragon to her horde."

"...Only other option Ah see is if Garble's parents disapprove as he's still a teenager..." said Applejack, Twilight too distracted by lore to focus.

Session 83.16 Kendell2


Going back to finally finish something from a long time ago with the Mane Six meeting their Chaos selves.


"So..." said Accord, looking at them. "Did you learn anything?"

The two sets of Bearers looked to each other.

"...Ah guess Ah learned that there's a time for truth..." said Applejack.

"And a time for fantasies," Orangejack replied with a smile.

"A time to be loyal..." Rainbow Dash started.

"And a time to be free..." Chaos Rainbow replied, sharing a high hoof with her alternate self.

"A time to be generous," Rarity started.

"And a time to pursue your desires," Chaos Rarity replied, the two sharing a bow.

"A time to laugh!" Pinkie Pie chimed in.

"And a time to be brave," said Pinkamena, the two exchanging a hoof shake.

"A time to be kind..." started Fluttershy.

"And a time to show Empathy..." Chaos Fluttershy replied, the two sharing a shy smile.

"And it's always time to be friendly," said Twilight and Chaos Twilight at the same time, giving a more formal hoofshake.

"...So...anypony want to play another game? asked Fluttershy.

No one objected. They had an interdimensional game room for a reason after all.

Session 83.17 Ardashir


(OOC: Harking back to Chrysalis' latest coup in World of Horsecraft)

Rarity went prowling through the convention, looking for Twilight and shuddering at the idea of seeing that ghastly suit again. Along the way she found CrystalSoft employees, Gilda among them, being cornered by angry gamers complaining about some new unicorn in the game.

"Turned my Earth Pony champion Iron Hooves into a housecat!" One irate fan yelled at Gilda. The still transformed Gilda's feathers and tail bristled as the player yelled, "That's not supposed to be possible for another player to do! What's going on?"

"Look, pal," Gilda near growled, holding a finger up -- a polite one. "That's been happening for three days now, an' we're trying to find whatever dweeb is pulling this. We know it's not the hackers from a few months back..."

Rarity left them and the argument behind her as she headed down another hallway. She froze upon hearing her friend's voice coming from inside the room ahead.

"Hey! NO! Don't do that, whoever you are! I have to have something that can defend against these attacks, and -- GAH!"

"Twilight, dear are you alright?" Rarity hurried around the corner. Twilight was thankfully minus that suit. She and Sunset were seated close together, watching the screen of Twi's laptop as they ran their WoH characters through an older adventure.

On the screen, Twilight and Sunset's unicorn mages were being confronted by a white and blue unicorn with a crown for a cutie mark. A message hovered over her, reading 'Majesty, strongest of all unicorns'.

Even as Rarity watched she cast a spell that tore right through the defenses of Twi and Sunset. She twirled her horn and with a zap, turned both their characters into timber wolves. They promptly raced off for players to eat.

"How did that happen?" Sunset asked in disbelief. "Changes like that are supposed to be impossible!"

"I know," Twi groaned, rubbing her forehead. "Rarity! You saw that, right?"

"I did, dears," the fashionista said. "In fact that's way I was looking for you. The CMC told me they'd lost their best characters in the game to some new unicorn, and I've heard other gamers complaining about it... Do you think it's those hackers we beat, back for more?"

Twi frowned and turned back to her computer. Twilight and Sunset watched silently as she examined its memory. She sat back with a look of confusion on her face.

"It's not them. It's another player with some really overpowered spells."

"But who?"

And somwhere/somewhen beyond the mirror:

"BWA-AHAHA!" Chrysalis laughed for glee as she blasted another of those phony ponies from that other-place, turning them into soap bubbles. "If only it was this easy in real life! But at least I can entertain myself and torment these furless vermin!"

Behind her, her remaining Changelings looked on warily.

"Look at it this way," one muttered, "at least she's not having us pretend to be Starlight and her friends so she can spell-blast us again."

Session 83.18 Kendell2


"Figures somebody would manage to snag an overpowered artifact that no one was ever supposed to get..." said human Discord, looking at Pony Chrysalis's rampage. "Well, joke is on you! I knew this day would come!"

Discord activated his computer and looked at Screwball. "Honey, you're ungrounded."

"Yay!" Screwball cheered.

"The day has come to activate 'her'!" said Discord in as ominous a voice as possible.

"...Which her?" asked Screwball cocking her head, pulling up a huge folder labeled 'NPCs to be activated 'When This Day Comes', then opening a sub folder labeled 'Female'.

Discord blinked. "Oh...right...The most overpowered scrapped summon in the history of gaming!" he announced, pressing his 'lightning effected button'.

Screwball gasped. "Are you sure?"

"Yes, we shall fight overpowered supposed to be scrapped item with overpowered scrapped summon!"

Screwball nodded. "I'm on it!"


Sombra rubbed his forehead. "Just launching Ascension and have THIS joker to deal with..."

"Don't worry, I have the answer to our problems!" said Discord, entering dramatically with simulated thunder and lightning.

"...How?" asked human Chrysalis sounding slightly unnerved.

"I once created a WOH summon, based off an ancient legend, that was so powerful. So gamebreakingly overpowered. That if she were in the game ALL CHALLENGE would cease to exist!" Discord announced. "So I sealed her away in the deepest recesses of WOH's code for just this occasion! The Crown of Majesty was actually based on her!"

"...Why didn't you sick this broken, uber summon on the hackers?" asked Sombra, unamused.

"We didn't want them to rage quit until we could track their single, this time it's even more overpowered and we have no choice," said Discord.

"...Good point..."

"Also, I wouldn't have gotten to see the entire server team up on an overpowered OC..."

Sombra sighed. "Of course."


Diane blinked, watching Screwball armor up in powered armor from that one post apocalyptic game Sombra had shot down. "...Are you sure this is a good idea?"

"Nope!" Screwball replied. "But I've got a back up!" she said, pulling out a file called 'Screwball back up' with a happy picture of herself. "So let's do it!"

Screwball teleported them to a dummied out section of the game world, which she and Diane called 'Oblivion', to an old unfinished pink castle. Screwball entered and put a hoof on a scanner which accepted it, then put up her visor and scanned her eyes, then finally went to a microphone. "Screwball!"

Suddenly several dozen completely invincible, infinitely respawning uber enemies appeared around them, weapons pointed at Diane.

"And guest..."

The enemies vanished, leaving Diane trembling. "If I had a bladder I think I would've wet myself..."

"Come on!" said Screwball, pulling her into the castle, past dozens of dorment, invincible, uber overpowered enemies that would infinitely respawn, past several 'Admin Only' doors, and finally to a box chained on a pedestal inside a glass case labled 'In Case 'This Day Comes' Break Glass. She pulled a giant comically oversized mallet out of her mane and smashed the glass, then produced a chest which she opened, revealing a series of smaller chests until she finally produced a key and opened the box to reveal...four Golden Horseshoes. "The most overpowered item in all of WOH..."


Chrysalis blinked, noticing the screen suddenly fill with mist. "What's happening?"

Screwball stood on a mountain overlooking Chrysalis's PC. She held up the Golden Horseshoes. "From ancient past, I call upon the First Queen of Ponyland! Come forth and defend Equestria as you did in days long past!...Pretty please?"

The four Horseshoes circled around and shot up like a comet before crashing down in front of the PC, forming into an identical, but far more motherly and regal, version.

"I am Queen Majesty! Queen of Ponyland! And you shall not bring anymore harm upon my people!" the summon announced.

Chrysalis fired a 'turn to bubbles' spell...which was deflected by a shield. "Uh oh..." she said, trying to log off and fight another day.

"You dare threaten my ponies and invade?
Me you shall not evade!"

'You can't run' said the screen.

"...Shoot..." Chrysalis muttered before having to quickly put up a shield spell to deflect an incoming barrage of One Hit Kill spells and engaging the summon in battle. "Bring it on! I beat Celestia in real life!"

"Technically my Queen, she beat us to a pulp round one and you've never had a rematch so it's a tie..." said a drone who was promptly kicked through several walls.

Session 83.19 Mtangalion


Rainbow Dash leaned halfway out of their hotel suite, a little red-faced and grinning too broadly. "Hey Twi, come play Cards Against Equinity with us! You know you wanna!"

Sci-Twi paled. "Cards Against WHAT now?! Did somebody at the convention make that up, or did you actually get it from Equestria?"

Dash smirked. "Nah, one of your brother's friends was selling ‘em! C'mon, don't be a stick in the mud like Princess You. I mean, all I did was tell her the name of the game, and she practically flew out of here."

"Okay, settle down everybody," came Applejack's voice from inside the room. "Heh heh, or should Ah say ‘everypony?' Next round! The *blank* shall last forever!"

Twilight raised her palms, backing away from Rainbow. "Actually, I'm starting to think Princess Twilight had the right idea! I'll catch up with you guys later!" She grinned sheepishly and retreated down the hallway.

"That said," mused Sci-Twi to herself, "what else can I do this late in the day?" She fumbled for the convention schedule in her backpack, suddenly very aware of the looks she was getting from everyone she walked past. All of these people knew her now, or *thought* they knew her, thanks to Princess Twilight's starring role in the new expansion. Even the couple in the Shining Armor and Cadence suits stopped... whatever they were doing, and turned to watch.

She was on the verge of a panic attack when her awareness suddenly latched onto a familiar voice, one she couldn't quite place at first...

"Did I stutter? Three hundred shares in exchange for our seventy thousand!" The voice was coming from none other than the young man in the Diamond Wolf costume from before. By chance, he was sitting on a bench facing away from her, with the head of the costume sitting on the seat beside him so he could talk on his cell phone. The blond-haired head nodded. "Fine, get me a meeting and I'll negotiate with him myself. Five minutes, that's all I need!"

Twilight blinked. "Blueblood?"

The young man froze, then hastily snatched the wolf head and put it back on before turning to face her. "What's that? Clever girl, but she's hearing things! Only wolf here!"

Twilight grinned. "Come on, I know it's you." She moved towards him, getting a closer look at his suit. "Wait, this looks familiar. You have one of Alisa's costumes too?"

Blueblood sighed, then took the head off again to reveal his face, chuckling handsomely. "Well, she makes the best, and I do deserve the best."

"I can't believe I didn't realize before," said Twilight. "You sounded like a completely different person when you were talking ‘in character.'"

Blueblood raised an eyebrow. "Really, now. I believe I'm not the only one. Strange as it seems, I find that I've missed you, Twilight Sparkle. You were always a bright spot around the halls of Crystal Prep, when you allowed yourself to shine properly."

While Twilight backed up and adjusted her glasses, blushing, Blueblood checked his phone again. "I have a proposition... go fetch your own wolf costume, and we can... prowl the halls together." Blueblood winked. "Perhaps I can even endeavor to teach you a proper Diamond Wolf accent."

Twilight looked at him skeptically. "Really? You don't think omitting the definite and indefinite articles is just a lazy shortcut on the part of the writers to make Diamond Wolves sound foreign and whimsical?"

Blueblood gasped. "As somewhat of a Diamond Wolf aficionado, I must protest! There's more to properly styled Diamond Wolf dialog than that, and you know it! Besides, there are many plausible reasons why a culture could have evolved such a dialect."

Twilight laughed. "Prowling the halls, huh?" In her costume, she'd be... well, just another costume, not the spitting image of the co-star of Ascension. She grinned. "Sure, why not?"

Session 83.20 Alex Warlorn

Princess Twilight Sparkle meanwhile, the person who had actually signed the contract with Crystal Soft, was excited at seeing the convention first hoof, er, hand. It had stopped being disturbing, and instead exciting seeing the parallels between the realities.

"I wonder if counterparts of the young six are going to show up at Canterlot High now as new students when the new school year starts!" Princess Twilight thought. "Though that does raise the question of where the Tartarus Wallflower Blush's pony counterpart is, along with all the rest."

-

"But my king!" Asked the deer Gloriosa Daisy, "With this new camp, we'll be able to show all the glories of the deer kingdom to young impressionable minds, and embrace the ways of nature WITHOUT them thinking we're high and mighty jerks to everydeer!"

"We don't need a buncha of glorified tourists ruining the forest with us helping them!"

'Maybe I can take out that land loan from that pony Filthy Rich my brother mentioned...' Thought the deer doe.

-

"Then again, that would raise the question of where the Hell Sunset Shimmer's HUMAN counterpart should be!"

Meanwhile, Princess Twilight Spotted a Rainbow Dash wearing a form flitting blue flight suit with yellow lightning bolts flying about the convention hall, and people wondering where the wires were, and what the micro-transaction was in game.

"Finally made it! Haha! Twilight will never know! So these are 'hands?' Don't get what the big deal minotaurs keep making about them."

Princess Twilight narrowed her eyes. 'Oh no you didn't Rainbow!!'

Then she felt a hand on her shoulder, she turned around, and spotted five girls in Crystal Prep uniforms, smiling at her.

"Hey Twilight, nice to see you lose the glasses, and finally let your hair down... Didn't know you made a big deal with Crystalsoft..." said a teenage girl with indigo hair.

'Well Twilight, you knew this was inevitable... just play it cool and polite and explain without Pinkie Pie around ...'

Session 83.21 Ardashir


As Sci-Twi got into her Diamond Wolf suit and rejoined Blueblood, and Princess Twilight tried to talk her way past the Crystal Prep girls, the rest of the HuMane Six were busy playing Cards Against Equinity. Well, Dash and Applejack and Pinkie Pie were; Fluttershy felt faint after reading some of the cards and decided to help Rarity out with -- whatever it as she was planning.

"Um, Rarity, are you sure this is a good idea?" Fluttershy gingerly held the long-eyelashed white-furred fox costume head as Rarity zipped herself up in the bodysuit. Fluttershy blushed to see how snugly the suit fit her, displaying the underlying curves to good effect. "Maybe next time you shouldn't get a European-style suit. They, uh, don't leave much to the imagination."

"That is the idea, dear," Rarity said as she carefully inspected herself in the mirror. She had to admit, Alisa did a good job. "Some of us do NOT need a ton of padding to portray a female figure."

She could hear the others playing that game in the main part of the suite; Pinkie seemed delighted with her hand. She was laughing gleefully as Dash and AJ groaned.

"What's fun until it gets sad?" Pinkie could be heard through the door. "A herd of loonies playing weird card games instead of interacting with others like normal ponies!"

"But what are you going to do?" Fluttershy asked as Rarity took the mask from her. "Just walk around the con and flirt with people like that Sweetcream Scoops girl? Um, not that I'm telling you what to do."

"No, dear," Rarity said as she slowly lowered the mask down over her own face. Her voice echoed slightly as she turned to Fluttershy, tail spinning out behind her and one hand set dramatically to her chest. With the other she pointed to the bed where a sheet of paper lay. "I will compete with them on their level! It may be a harsh lesson, but I will NOT be outdone by dear Twilight dressed as a cartoon character. She is my dear friend, but there! Are! Limits!"

With those words Rarity strode out of the room, looking as majestic as a teenaged girl could while disguised as a curvy anthropomorphic snow-white vixen. Several fans outside cheered when they saw her. Rarity nodded as graciously as a queen as she headed down the hallway. Fluttershy looked down at the paper on the bed.

"'First time ever at CrystalCon'," she read, "'Fursuit Games tonight for all fullsuiters! Win a silly prize and bragging rights!'" She turned it over and her eyes widened. "'Winner will be immortalized among the fans forever'?'Everyone will connect your name with this moment'?"

Fluttershy looked out the door after Rarity. "Oh, dear!"

Session 83.22 Alex Warlorn

Human Rarity stared... "So... many... lionesses... don't these people have any imagination? There are more species in the world than lions!"

"Be grateful," said one of the lionesses, their voice muffled. "Last year it was all foxes."

-

"Why is there a giant robot dragon in Ponyville?" Princess Ember asked.

"Spike. I have been programmed to be your mate, do you not love me?" Said the giant robotic dragon looking down at Spike with heart lit up LED eyes.

Spike the dragon said backing away slowly, "Uh, I'm guessing human Twilight built a robot dog for doggie me... and it wandered into the portal..."

Pinkie Pie said readying a slew of party cannons, "Spike, whatever you do, don't say 'let's just be friends', just don't!"

"Hey! I'm not that stupid!"

"Engage butt sniffing protocol."

"AHHH!"

"Discord!" Apple Bloom said, "Me and may friends really really really ain't expecting ya to turns us into our Queen of Manehattan monster selves this time!"

Button Mash eagerly grinned... and nothing.

Scootaloo rolled her eyes. "Did you really expecting that to work this time?"

Session 83.23 Mtangalion


Discord appeared with a pop and a flash, arms folded smugly. "Nice try, but I mastered reverse psychology literal eons ago. Triple sideways psychology is all the rage now... eh?!"

Discord noticed the giant robot dragon and stared google-eyed, then glanced left and right at the gathered ponies, holding up an ear horn. "What, no one's going to blame me for that? No loud and baseless accusations? Not a single demand that I fix what I supposedly did?!"

Fluttershy landed in front of him. "Um... did you do that, Discord?"

Discord blinked. "Well, no, but..."

"Whew, it's a good thing I helped Twilight install that emergency bypass module!" said Starlight Glimmer. "So, you know... objects bigger than the portal room would appear outside and not... you know, destroy the entire castle!" She gasped. "I'd better go recharge it and tell Twilight that the portal will be offline!" Starlight teleported away.

Applejack thumped a metal toeclaw with a hoof, and the robot dragoness giggled, as if the she was actually ticklish. "Ah dunno," mused Applejack. "Humans do make some pretty cockamamie inventions. Carts that go by themselves, those ‘phone' things that are all the rage with griffons, even computers that play games! And this is the other Twilight we're talking about, so... maybe her building a clockwork dragon is plausible at least?"

Pinkie Pie giggled. "Wild accusations are more Twilight and Rainbow Dash's thing, and Dashie's busy sneaking into... oops!" She covered her muzzle with a hoof, then singsonged, "Forget I said anything!" as she pronked away.

"You can't just make it go away!" pouted Apple Bloom. "We wanna take it apart and see how it works!"

"Nothing doing!" shouted Smolder. She and Garble were perched on the giant robot's shoulders. "She's an honorary dragon!"

"Yeah!" crowed Garble. "No pony's disassembling Spike's new girlfriend!"

Spike flew up to Garble, scowling. "Thanks a lot, guys." The dragoness grabbed Spike and snuggled him to her metal chest. "Whoa, hey!"

"No, no, no," said Discord. "We're getting dreadfully off track here, which is to say that no one is paying attention to me!" He paced, brooding. "Can it be? Ponyville itself has become so bizarre that all of my glorious chaos is... mere background noise!? This cannot stand!" Then he got a perfectly wicked grin. "Every right-hooved pony in town is now left-hooved, and vice versa!" He snapped his fingers.

Three seconds later, Rarity Belle came storming out of her shop. "DISCORD! Whatever foul mischief you just did, change it back! THIS INSTANT!"

Discord slipped on a pair of shades and blew magic smoke from his claw. "Oh yes, that's much better."

Session 83.24 Alex Warlorn and Mtangalion

A wingless Spike on all fours came out of the mirror asking, "Where did that robot pup Twilight made for me go?"


The newly arrived Spike might have wandered into the rest of the castle and gotten lost for days, but fortunately for him, Starlight Glimmer teleported into the portal room first.

"Should I interrupt Twilight at the convention to tell her about this?" she mused to herself. "It'll only take half an hour to recharge the emergency relocation module. Ten minutes if I use my new quick-charging spell to..." She froze. "Spike? Oh my gosh, Spike, where are your WINGS? Can dragons evolve backwards? Or... oh, no no no... Did I cast a reverse time spell and not notice?!"

But when Spike the Dog saw the strange four-hooved creature, a brand new instinct jumped straight into his doggy brain, even though he was a magical talking dog currently in the body of a baby dragon. "Herd!" he cried happily, rushing to nip at Starlight's hooves. "Bark, bark bark! I'm herding! Hey, this game is fun!"

Starlight eeeeeped! and hovered straight off the crystal floor. "This is no game, mister! Those teeth are sharp!" Her brain started working again. "And... you're the *other* Spike. Okaaay..." She looked to the portal. "But if both Twilights are at the convention, who took you and robopup for a walk near the statue?"

As if in answer, the portal rippled, and a white colt with a blue mane tumbled out. "What the..." Shining Armor shook himself, then gaped at his hooves. "Did I just step through a magic portal and enter World of Horsecraft... in real life!?"

Starlight facehoofed. "Not again..."

Session 83.25 Alex Warlorn, Mtangalion, Ardashir

(In the Human world.)

"Don't you just love our new characters? I druid really fits me."Fluttershy asked looking over her character sheet.

"Yeah yeah."

"Rainbow you wanted to play a fighter."

"NOT A PIXIE FIGHTER! Do I shout 'Hey! Listen!' at the enemy?"

"...Just for the eyes."

"That's... a good point."

+

"Spike detected... Spike detected again... Spike cannot be in two places at once... illogical, ILLOGICAL!" The robot dragon's head exploded.

Starlight patted a shocked Shining Armor on the shoulder."Well look on the bright side!It was never going to fit back through the portal anyway."

"Wait... that was Twilight's robot... that... SHE'S GOING TO KILL ME!"

"Hey there, handsome."Princess Cadence gave human Shining a quick but passionate kiss right on his new pony lips."Did you take our luggage to the castle already?Hold Flurry Heart while I hit the little filly's room!"She trotted away, leaving Shining with his foreleg curled around an adorable bundle that was all wings and horn... and looked just like his own baby daughter had on the night the fish monsters attacked.


"Okay... So here I'm a horse and a father?" Human-Shining looked down at the happy, laughing foal. "This can't get any stranger."

His voice broke off as he was enveloped in blue light, the smiling Flurry being set on a nearby plush chair as a snorting white-coated, blue-maned unicorn stallion -- his twin in looks -- stomped up to him, snorting and ears pinned.

"I take it back," Human-Shiny moaned as he floated in midair before the other stallion.

"What are you?" Prince Shining Armor demanded of his twin. "One of those crazy wolves? Or one of Chrysalis' Changelings. Whoever you are, nopny kisses my wife but me!"


Down in the "Friendship Dungeon," Shining Armor gave his double another Glare of Doom."Okay, let's go down the list.Changeling?"

Ocellus did a peculiar dance and posed her wings, watching for a reaction."No."

"Diamond Wolf?"

Pavel padded forward, sniffing deeply."Not costume, not wolf."The pup nodded energetically.

"Mirror pool clone?"

Gallus held up a board covered in fresh paint, just starting to dry."Um, how's this going to help again?"

Starlight barged past Shining's Crystal Guards."Ugh, I'd tell you who he is, if you'd just listen for three seconds!"
-
(After Getting Back to the human world)

Human!Shiny ponied-up, and sealed Flurry's used diapers in smell-proof magic bubbles. "Yes!" He fistpumped.
-

Spike-usuually-a-dog cried out, "MY GIRLFRIEND!"

Apple Bloom scratched her mane."Huh, that's peculiar.Why do Ah feel like I could fix this machine right up, even though that ain't mah mark, so Ah couldn't possibly be any good at it?"The filly shrugged and grinned."There's only eighty-two loose screws... Ah'll just screw 'em all back in an' see what happens!"


"Just be careful you don't active its 'rend-kill-destroy' programming," Scootaloo warned her.

"Huh?" Apple Bloom looked at her friend rather than at the robot as she tightened the bolts and replaced the screws. "Why th' hay would anypony make a robot that could do that?"

"I dunno," Scootaloo shrugged. "But they always do that in the Power Ponies comics."

"Awww," Apple Bloom turned the robot back on, not noticing the fiery gleam in its eyes. "Nopony'd be thet stupid in real life."

Author's Note:

THIS CHAPTER NEEDS COVER ART!

This is a group-story/addventure/chain-story/round robin, fanfic 'story' of the Mane Six Plus Spike playing Dungeons and Dragons/Oubliettes and Ogres, with occasional guest players (like Trixie or Gilda), with Spike and Twilight rotating as Dungeon Master. It's intended to be an IN-CHARACTER comedy.

Each post should be more self contained, if say (in game) Twilight is fire balled by a Mimic in one post in a desert pyramid, the next post can have them sailing a ship encountering seaponies siren expies, each one containing a short joke, or an extension of a previous scene if that's what the poster wants. Time skips, flash backs, the ponies rotating different characters and campaigns, are all allowed (and ENCOURAGED) as long as the ponies stay in character (such as Pinkie Pie NOT fireballing a cabbage sales stallion and saying she thought he was a demon, thank you very much).

P.S. Addendum. No adding entire new fanon countries and/or fanon species.

Pinkie Pie, "And pretty please do not take anything personally! It's just a game!"

Rainbow Dash, "What did you say!?
What's you post in the comments, it's then copy and pasted into the fic above, have fun.
IMPORTANT: WHEN MAKING A SUBMISSION POST IT AS A NEW COMMENT!

Trope Page: (PLEASE update already!)
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Fanfic/PoniesAndDragons


Session 83.0 QuartzScale
Special Announcement
Session 83.1 Alex Warlorn
Session 83.2 Mtangalion Ardashir BrutalityInc SomeRandomMinion Alex Warlorn sonicandmario826
Session 83.3 Mtangalion
Session 83.4 Alex Warlorn
Session 83.5 Ardashir
Session 83.6 Mtangalion (with addition by me)
Session 83.7 Alex Warlorn
Session 83.8 Grogar-the-Oneser
Session 83.9 Alex Warlorn
Session 83.10 Alex Warlorn
Session 83.11 Mtangalion (with extra bit by me)
Session 83.12 Ardashir
Session 83.13 Alex Warlorn
Session 83.14 Ardashir (with bit added by me)
Session 83.15 Kendell2
Session 83.16 Kendell2
Session 83.17 Ardashir
Session 83.18 Kendell2
Session 83.19 Mtangalion
Session 83.20 Alex Warlorn
Session 83.21 Ardashir
Session 83.22 Alex Warlorn
Session 83.23 Mtangalion
Session 83.24 Alex Warlorn and Mtangalion
Session 83.25 Alex Warlorn, Mtangalion, Ardashir



MLPFiM Copyright Hasbro



Also remember, this is not the pony pov verse, has never been the pony pov verse, will never be the pony pov verse, so please avoid using pony pov verse cosmology and characters please.


Basic grammar:
-Periods go at the end of sentences. (.)
-People and place's names are capitalized.
-Questions end in Questions Marks. (?)
-The word 'I' is capitalized.
-"When characters start or stop talking, use quotations."
-'There' is a place, 'their' is someone's property or trait, 'they're' is short for 'they are.'





Picture by JoshJenkins6 used with permission. https://www.deviantart.com/joshjenkins6/art/MLP-Dungeons-and-Dragons-Pixie-Dash-and-Dryad-Shy-747383392

PreviousChapters Next