• Published 18th Jan 2016
  • 850 Views, 18 Comments

Beyond the Veil - Twi-Fi

  • ...
1
 18
 850

Home

Equestria rushed back into view. Twilight set the Stallion down on the ground. How could I?

Next, a sobbing Rainbow Dash being supported by Pinkie Pie came through. A somber Applejack and a sobbing rarity followed. Fluttershy, hidden in her mane, was the last to come through.

“Don’t be so hard on yourself, Twi.” Applejack wrapped Twilight in a comforting embrace. “You did your best.”

“No. I-I didn’t. My magical attempts to force my way in caused the dark magic apparitions. They were copies of us, pulled from my memories. Each brute force attempt made them stronger. So strong, they manifested themselves.

“How do you think the were forced away from us when I changed the charge on the portal? They couldn’t exist with us there too as grounded entities.”

“You couldn’t have known,” Applejack reassured.

“No excuse! I messed with something I didn’t understand. I should’ve listened to you. I should’ve gone home, got some rest, did some research and—I nearly destroyed an entire world—”

“Shh.” Applejack placed a hoof over her mouth. “You did what you felt was right. We’re connected in ways we can’t imagine. Even those beyond our world it seems. How could you have possible known, even if you had years to study Star Swirl’s work? He never made it through the portal.”

Twilight rested her head against Applejack. She knew Applejack was probably right, but it didn’t help her feel any better.

Charging her horn and capturing all of the negative energy around the portal, Twilight forced it into the clear blue center. In a manner of seconds the portal collapsed on itself and vanished, leaving no trace of its existence. Reaching out with her magic, she felt nothing but a smooth calm ocean of magic, in perfect balance.

“With the apparitions gone, and no more interference from us, I think the world will harmonize itself like ours.” The theory of Distant Shores proven as fact, but we are in no way ready. Maybe one day, though.

“You guys!” Dash shouted abruptly. “He’s breathing.”

Sure enough, there was a rise and fall of his barrel. A soft presence pushed against Twilight’s.

In spite of everything, Twilight smiled. “Let’s get him to Fluttershy’s.” She lifted him once again. A powerful emotion of content and peace flowed through her heart.

Home. Friends.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment