• Published 3rd Sep 2015
  • 4,527 Views, 67 Comments

The Equestrian Omni-Knight - Azure5555



Artix Entertainment fueled Displaced story line of a young man thrust into a world of turmoil and strife, only to be imprisoned for wanting to overthrow it's oppressive regime.

  • ...
19
 67
 4,527

PreviousChapters Next
A Vampire and Her Wolf Walk Into a Desert Pt4: This Fire is Out of Control

The group now ready to mobilize, I move to pick up my bear arm, sword, and I had to pick up Shining Armor from the edge of the bed, seeing as how no one else even bothered.

“Such a crying shame… I really want to keep that bed.” Not long after I said this, that the four changelings in the room began to dismantle the thing, packing it away neatly in several barrel-worn cases.

“All set here handsome. Lead us out of here, and there might be something in it for you~” The lead changeling said with a wink, only for Luna to give her the evil eye and pull me into her chest.

“My hero, go find your own.” She exclaimed. I began to wiggle a bit in discomfort.

“Moon Pie, I’m still carrying Shiny…”

Flandre lets out a light giggle, still looking a little bit tired.

I made my way out first, watching as our group began to make it's way out, the various Changelings giving me bedroom eyes, Luna giving me bedroom eyes, and Cadence fiddled with her Shadowfire Paladin armor.

The cursed axe was affixed to her back. 'Damn thing weighs a ton… how can she even carry that much?’

“Where exactly did you get that armor anyway?” I asked Cadence as I brought up the rear.

“Woke up with the damn thing on. Used to have a helmet, but Shiny sliced it off of me. Shoulda seen him cry his eyes out when he realized it was me.” She said with a carefree chuckle.

“I… heard that…” Shining managed to whisper before passing out again.

“So… how much longer till all of this is over?” Flandre asks slowly.

I stopped dead in my tracks, pondering this ponder of ponders. “Well… all we really need to do is take care of the bug queen… Cadence is alive and well… we really don't have all that much to take care of.”

I resume my walk, taking a small breather once we found ourselves back within the crossroads chamber.

“Then how do we find her?” Cadence asked, her voice laced with venom

“I uh… we could dig?” I offer.

“Well, where is she then?” She continues as Ammy shifts in her sleep.

“I don't rightly know to be honest.” I say with worry.

“Then what's stopping us from blowing this place to hell!?” Cadence was now visibly angry, a small fire beginning to form around her wounded eye.

“Probably because we’d be in the blast zone, and I don’t know about you, but I'd rather not get partly vaporized a second time!” Flandre says, seeming to be at her wits end before glancing my way. “No offense…” She says, referring to my… outburst.

“Hey, I blew you up, I owe you something for the trouble, and two; Cadence, I will blow this entire area off the map once everyone here is safely out of the blast zone.”

Cadence (and her fire) calmed down some, though not by much, and Shiny and Ammy were still down despite the angry yelling.

“Of course… if anyone wants out, I can handle the rest from here while all of you can make an escape before things get… hot.”

“I’m going with…” Flandre says, floating to my side.

I calmly and gently lay Shining upon the floor.

Without warning, I pick up the incredibly adorable childlike vampire princess, raise her up and sit her on my shoulders. A few moments of her blinking, she gives a small smile with a fang poking out as she lets out a giggle. For a moment, her childish nature radiates through.

Because reasons. “Luna, you coming with?”

“No way am I missing this!” The moon mare exclaimed as she extended her polearm, both ends now ablaze with the energy of the stars.

We all finally gave Cadence a very stern glare.

With a huff, the now demonic paladin picked up her husband to be and hefted him onto her back. “Fine, let's end this.”

The child amidst us then smiled a bit more, the crystals hanging from her wings flashed and shined along with her newfound excitement. “Yeah! Lets go kick some butt!” She says, starting to perk up slowly.

With renewed vigor, I wore a beaming smile and whipped out the Giga Drill Bit. “Alright let's do this! LEEROOOOOY!!”

The drill box attached itself to my right arm as I pointed the drill down. “NNNNNJEEEENKINS!!!!!”

With moderate speed, I began to tear my way through a freshly made manhole. Turning every so often the temperature began to spike, using the growing heat as my guiding star.

“I would make a Duke Nukem reference, but I don’t like cursing!” Flandre cries out, startling Ammy awake in addition to the noise.

“It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum?” I asked as I looked back to Flan.

“Yeah that one.” She says with a point to me.

“Sucks that I'm all out of gum!!” I reply, revving the engine and building up momentum.

I hear Flandre sigh a bit and pout. “Wish I can chew gum without it getting stuck in my fangs all the time…” She says, suddenly rather grumpy.

“Pfft,” I scoffed a bit. “Chewing gum is overrated, that and teeth like ours are made more for fleshy bits…”

“Like long necks!” She says out of reflex, eyes going sharp. “Uh… Sorry.” Flandre says, catching herself.

I chuckled a bit. “Actually yeah, the smoother the better!” I say with a bit of hunger. Finally stopping my descent, I started to knock at the blackened material around me.

“It's hollow. I think we're getting close.” I whispered.

“Right.” Flandre nods, her voice lowered.

The sounds of harsh sliding, and several grunts alerted me to the rest of the group falling in from behind.

I put my left index finger over my mouth, signalling for silence. And cutely enough, Flandre copies me whether for the adorability points, or some other unknown reason.

Smiling, I put the drill tip onto a more hollow piece, slowly letting in a bright red light and the smell of volcanic rock. Flandre shifts from my shoulders, obviously not trusting the magma.

Once a sizeable peep hole had been carved, I spied a large cavernous throne room, several Fire bugs, and Chrysalis herself. Just as red, with all the extra appendages, and just as bonkers.

“What’s the plan?” The blonde loli Vamp asks.

“I say we go down there and bust some heads. All in favor?”

“Nel
Nel
Nel
Nel!” The changelings in our group chorused one after the other.

“Sorry handsome, but we may have to sit this one out,” The lead Changeling said wistfully. “She may be crazy, and they might all be lost, but that's still our queen and those are still our siblings.”

Two of the bugs dropped their boxes and started to build a barricade. “We’ll stay here and wait for your return sir.” The shy one said.

Cadence took one look at the group, walked up to them, and dropped Shining at their feet. “Keep him safe, a single hair out of place and I start breaking limbs.”

“I guess we leave Ammy here too?” Flandre says with a tilt of her head.

I took a glance at the sleeping wolf, a part of me wanted to run my fingers along her head, another wanted to slap myself for wanting to even go near a divine being.

“Well...do you feel she's safer here or with us?” I ask Flan.

“Here, cause friendly fire and more.” She says honestly, laying her chin on my head a bit.

I raise my hands up, motioning for the pup to be placed on my palms. She nods and lowers the wolf pup into my hands slowly to not drop her. Having only one usable hand must be hard to carry things.

Least she has a thumb now.

Cradling the adorable mound of fur in my arms, I make my way to the barricade and leave her on top of Shiny.

With a salute, I go back to drilling, opening the entry way for our assault.

“The hatch is open. Anybody wanna call dibs?” I ask.

“Dibs.” Without so much as a warning, Cadence dive bombed into the awaiting pit, slicing a bug cleanly in half. Another two were magically slammed to the wall.

Flandre calls for her pentagram, but does little else.

I jumped down, neatly landing upon a now crushed cranium and slicing another bug in half with a sword swing.

Luna soon followed, skewering three bugs mid flight.

Chrysalis took quick note of us, releasing the most horrible high pitched screech in the history of ever… before turning tail, running deeper into whatever lair awaited us.

The girl on my shoulder takes off, flapping her wings and firing a controlled amount of bullets at both the bugs and aimed at Chrysalis to slow her down, but missed.

It wasn't long until the ground at our feet began to rumble, several cracks now lining the ground and walls.

Bursting through the fissures were at least a hundred bugs and three towering mantis shaped behemoths.

“That's not good…”

“It isn’t?” Flandre asks innocently, holding up a boulder about four or five times larger than herself, and with a graceful spin, one of the giants fell. It’s torso having been replaced by a mound of stone.

I stood there, face stoic and neutral...as did the entirety of the room (bugs included). “You know, I forget how strong vampires are normally.”

She just giggles it off, hand and stump going behind her back. “I’m stronger than most vampires.” She says.

I chuckle a bit, “That and you still have dracopyric blood running through you,” I raised an open palm, catching a jumping bug and crushing its face. “How do feel anyway?” I ask, low kicking another bug. It’s hip getting crushed by my heel.

Flandre fires a laser or two. “Much better now, I love my regeneration!” She says with a bright smile before it turned into a frown. “But uhm, dracopyric blood?” She says, confused.

I ducked under a mantis’ swipe, severing it’s arm with my teeth. “Mm, my blood. Did I not tell you?” I vaulted, my left heel slamming the mantis onto the ground. “I’m a mix of a dragon, vampire, and werewolf.”

She sides steps an attack, grabbing the mandible and throwing it into some pentigrams that began to fire upon it. “So, I drank your blood… should I be worried about anything?” Flandre asks.

I put my hand on my chin, casually rocking back and forth as Luna sped past me every so often. “Do you still have scales on your cheeks?” I asked, jumping over Cadence’s now spinning axe. “Or fur in… places?”

She pads her cheeks briefly. “Nothing odd there, and uh no to that last part.” The blonde answers him.

“The blood must have already been purged from your systems then. Good thing I didn’t bite you… that would have been a problem.”

She stops at that, looking at me. “Do I want to know?”

I shrugged. “I don’t know… do you?” I ask with genuine curiosity. I charged a bolt of plasma within my mouth, firing the charge at a bug that tried to sneak their way to Flan.

“Yes?” She says, unsure of herself as four lasers shoot out.

I began to loll my head from side to side as I formed my explanation. “It’s like having three sets of unquenchable urges at the same time. The need for blood, the need to hunt, and the need to horde. You’d be a walking talking disaster without the proper training,” I scrunched my mouth a bit. “I can barely control myself at the best of times… it’s hard having to deal with three different monsters in your head.”

“...yeeeeaaaahhh.” She says, obviously as enthused as I am. “I’ll pass on that then.” Flandre jumps over a tackle before kicking the offender into the ground.

“Hey! If you two are done yammering, that roach is still somewhere in this damn castle!” Cadence yelled as she pulled her axe out of the third mantis’ head.

“Really, there’s no need for such animosity is there?” Luna asked.

“I’m sorry, were you chained against your will and used as a ginny pig!?” The furious princess questioned, getting all up in Moonpie’s face. Not even flinching, several tendrils of shadow began to sprout from Luna’s back and hooves.

“Yes. Yes I was. Your point?” In a blink, the shadows were gone, leaving Cadence speechless. “Azure, I need a hug!” The lunar princess exclaimed as she trots over to me and Flan without so much as a care in the world.

Flandre looks to me questionably with a raised eyebrow, holding one of the bugs by the forehead and away from her.

“A lot of shit went down… like… a lot,” Luna wasted no time in nuzzling her head into my chest. “It’s a long story…”

“Right.” Flandre nods, understanding with a nervous flap of her wings.

Quickly nuzzling my Moonpie, I looked back to the path Chrysalis had taken to escape us. The cavern had taken on a bright orange-red glow, and every so often some form of energy would pulsate.

“That. That is definitely not good.” I proclaimed.

Tensing up, I felt tiny hands behind me, Flandre hiding behind me while peeking out from behind me.

“N-not so c-c-close to my spine… sens-si-sitive…”

“S-sorry.” She says, hands off.

My back started to unwind, my body loosening up fro-

“Oh I forgot how much fun it was to tease you!” Luna cried as she began to run her hoof along my spine.

“Gahahahhaaa...please stooooop~” I began to whine, my body tensing up again.

And well… she did stop… but only after well…

*Foomf*

‘And there go my wings…’

As that happens, Flandre glances at her wings...and had them snap to her sides.

“You have the most stupid weakness I've ever seen,” Cadence said rather dryly. She began to make her way through the cave, not at all bothered by the intense amount of magic.

“Yeah well you're a stupid weakness…” I grumbled as I tried to get a handle on my wings.

“Don’t do it to me please.” The little blond vampire says out of reflex.

Me and Moonpie looked at little Flan as if she’d grown a second head.

“What no… not against your will at least…”

“Thank you.” She states with a stiff nod.

I ruffled Flan’s head as I made my way forward. “C’mon, Cadence is probably gonna get herself killed.”

“Right.” She says with another nod, calming herself down.

The cave was both long and wide, the walls constantly pulsating this horrid and burning red aura. Flandre averted her eyes, trying not to get too focused on the red coloring that set off her instincts. “I don’t like it here…” She says rather childishly.

A mass of dark blue feathers pulled Flandre into an embrace. “It's alright, you're not alone.” Luna said.

I wanted to smile, but I'd be lying if I said the power of the Orb wasn't affecting me as well.

Flandre sticks close to Luna, her eyes going a tad sharper. “I smell blood…” She says, shuddering a bit.

''Shit’ I mentally screamed. “Luna, keep her safe,” I started to hasten my steps as I unsheathed the French Vanilla Ice Katana. Pale blue light bounced off the blade as a strong wafting scent of sweetened vanilla began to cover the cave walls, the oppressive red glow dying down as well.

“I'm going on ahead.” With frozen goodness in hand, I went into a sprint, narrowly dodging a rag dolled and slightly bleeding Cadence.

I finally made my way to an open cliffside, a sea of molten rock far down below.

Before me was quite possibly the most horrid thing I had ever come across. It looked like Chrysalis, but it was massive...and made entirely out of volcanic magma.

The thing... hissed at me. Spraying bits of molten rock at my face.

“Mmhmm… that's bad. Really really bad.” I readied my blade, only to duck as Cadence's axe whistled in from behind me, missed it's target, and whistled back to it's wielder.

“Back off hero! That bitch is mine!” She cried as she began to toss massive fireball after fireball at the molten beast.

Not even dodging, Chrysalis just chuckled as she absorbed the incoming fire.

“Aw feck, Cadence stop! You're making her strong-guk…”

I felt a… something pierce my chest. A slithering tentacle began to worm its way around my body. With a deft swing, the offending appendage was dropped. My chest had been charred, but at least now I knew the blade actually did it's job.

I heard Luna shout something before a red blur rushes passed me. The blur slams into the monster, stopping short. Flandre was sticking to Chrysalis, grunting as she seemed to be digging her hands into the molten chitin.

“Flan… FLAN!” I screamed as I burst forward… releasing the entirety of my Dracopyric aspect.

Several tentacles began to slam against Flan’s back, some even managed to open an old wound or two.

With speed and precision, the offensive appendages were sliced clean off...as a molten fist slammed me into the ground.

“I… can… deal… with… this!” Her hands were catching on fire and seeming to pull on something.

Plunging my claws into the fist, I began to freeze it from the inside out. Once the cursed thing shattered, I dusted myself off and started to fiddle with my wrist again.

“Just because you can,” I tore through the flesh once again. “Doesn't mean you should.” As the blood began to drip, several droplets began to hang mid-air. The blood converged until it made up a dense ball of my own blood.

“By my blood!”

The Dice of Fate once again found their way into my eyes… only to critically fail.

The orb radiated power, before striking Flan and supercharging her.

Flandre obviously freaked out from the sudden tackle and the surge, forced her onto her bottom.

“Gah! Crapbaskets!” I exclaimed as I rushed in, tanking a molten claw before it hits. “Shit ow! Ow ow! Shit ow ow!” Magma slid off of me and onto the floor, but it was not at all a pleasant experience having molten rock wash over a gaping chest wound.

“Fuck it!” I heard Flandre yell… Luna will scold her later. “I've had it!” She yells again, doing the same thing but far more forcefully. Whatever she was doing was working though, the flame of the monster dying slowly.

The molten beast began to shrink until all that was left of it was Ms. Bug Queen herself… and the Fire Orb. After this, Flandre yells as she pulls out a massive longsword made completely out of fire in her hands. Seemingly affected by her magic, the red flames swiftly started to turn yellow.

“Pfeh! I was growing tired of that shell anyway. Now do me a favor… and BURN!!” The Bug Queen's mane began to flare wildly as magic built up around her.

Torrential flames began to rise and close off our only exit as the orb at her side began to glow and shine. Several orb copies began to pop into existence as more molten beasts began to climb their way onto the cliffside we were on.

I grabbed my blood orb, slicing at any behemoth I got close enough to, freezing them in a sweet smelling prison of ice.

Flandre swung her sword and under normal circumstances the fire would empower, but the flame seemed so dense that it cut through whatever she swiped at. Granted, the swipes were slow but it was something.

“Flan! Catch!” I yelled as I tossed her the Blood Orb.

She was caught off guard but she manages to catch to the Blood Orb. “What do I do with this?”

“Drink it!” Not even two seconds after uttering those words, I was pummeled by a giant fist… which sent me into another giant fist, which sent me into ANOTHER giant fist, and the three monstrosities began to pinball my ragdolled body.

“Help! Gah! This! Is! The! Worst! Pain!”

Flandre grimaces as she slowly drinks from my Blood Orb, eyes sharpening significantly. After a few seconds, she lets out a grin before stopping at last. I did not like that look on her face, but at the very least the fists were destroyed by a following magical blast.

Finally gathering my bearings I began to focus on the swarming flood of monsters. “ICE BEAST!” A large pale blue VIII super imposed itself upon the floor as the Ice Beast rose from the ground, tentacles writhing as it began to freeze or swat away a good portion of the fiery behemoths.

“How you holding up Flan?” I asked the crazy eyed vampire.

She giggles a bit and sways a bit. “Oh, I’m doing juuust fiine~”

Getting a good look at her, I sort of motioned to her cheeks. “Uh... you've uh... you're gonna need a razor for that uh… yeah.” Small patches of golden fur had popped up on her face, and both her hands (now completely healthy) had scales on them.

I would have worried further had a wicked screech not snapped me out of my trance.

“YOU!! Yooouu… you inconsiderate foulsome-what even do I call you!!?” Chrysalis yelled as the orbs around her began to glow along with her confused rage.

I flared my wings and struck a fabulous pose: “Dracopyre, bitch!”

“Whoohohohohoo~” Flandre says fairly loosely, her fur being set on fire by her sword.

This... actually worried Chrysalis for some reason…

“Is she alright? She seems…”

“Weeee~” And there’s Chibi Mode.

Well, at least she wasn't trying to bite me or anything.

*CHOMP*

Ah no...spoke too soon. The still Chibi Vamp was now nomming on my shoulder happily, as if nothing could ruin her day.

I looked back to the Burning Bug Queen more than a little apologetic.

“Do you… wanna keep fighting?” I ask a little unsure of myself.

Chrysalis just sort of shrugged, her eyes glowing a bit. “Yeah… yes I suppose we should go back to beating each other over the head.” She said as she scratched at the back of her head.

I gave a nod, only to get sucker punched by a rising molten fist. I stagger back and wipe a bit of the rock off my face.

“That was a cheap sho-woah boy!” The now charged orbs in Chrysalis’ possession began to fire several volleys of lasers. I did my best to fly up and around the several beams, careful not disturb the... nuzzling Vamp who still had her jaw on my shoulder.

Eventually though, Flandre gets annoyed at the consistent movement… Not sure if I even wanted to see a kid perform the ancient Drunken Fist fighting style, with a big fire sword at that, but I guess now I get to.

“Buzz off…” Flandre mumbles. “Taboo: Maze of Love!” A pentagram appears behind her and chains of magic lined up straight, side to side or up and down surrounding the area before slowly charging inwards.

“What's going on… I'm freaking out man…” I say with a bit of worry.

As the bullets rush forward, though they seemed to slow down considerably when they neared me which gave me ample time to tag out of the fight, Flandre yells as she rushes forward at Chrysalis.

Not even frightened, the Bug Queen met her head on, a wicked and excited smile on her face.

Explosions began to rock the cliffside. Several orbs shattered, several giant fists thrown, and lots and lots of yelling ensued. Flandre would actually meet the fists with a punch of her own, either shattering them or punching them away.

After one successful punch connected, Chrysalis had dropped to my feet, her fire dying and a crack along her barrel.

“You! Dragon! How is that tiny monstrosity so powerful!?” She demanded of me… though it didn't exactly sound demanding.

“Laeveteinn!” Flandre brandishes her wand, firing a thick laser from it.

As Chrysalis rolled away, the blast sort of just went off behind me, mussing my hair a bit from the wind kicked up.

“Damn girl my bad…” I said rather absentmindedly.

With a rebel yell, Chrysalis once again rushed Flandre… only to get knocked back down.

“And there she goes again…” Apparently, not having learned her lesson, Chrysalis kept rushing in only to get bodied back to the floor every time.

“I’m… hungry…” Flandre says, eyes totally sharp as her fangs poke out. Woof, as if I didn't have enough nightmares…

She began to slowly make her way to the once again fallen queen, at least until I had put my right index finger on her forehead.

“Nnno.” She just sort of leaned in and began to flail her arms rather cartoonishly.

“Hungrryyyy~”

I kept her there, managing a glance at Chrysalis. She was uh… she was dying. Her fire had finally left her, leaving her a smoldering and cracked mess.

The crazed Fire Orb corrupted queen lay before me, beaten and dying. The orb had been lost to the sea of magma below us during the skirmish… though that was a quick fix.

“What are you waiting for… end it.” Chrysalis clicked, tears falling along her charred face as they fell and sizzled upon the burning rock.

“There has to be another way…”

The broken queen laughs a bit as she coughs. “A… nother way he says? No… you aren't anything like those ponies. Don't you know how many lives I've taken in my lifetime? Don't you see me as a monster?”

I knelt down so my eyes met hers. “Do you, me?” I asked with a tilted head.

The mad queen before me cranes her head forward with an incredulous gaze… only to cackle at me. It wasn't a “Wow how stupid is he?” or even a “The moment you turn around I’ll feast on your entrails!” kinda cackle. It was more a “Hey, that was pretty cool, do it again.” kinda cackle.

“Hee hee ha ha hi-don't see a monster… you, you are as FAR from any monster I have ever met,” She begins to crawl to me, climbing on me until her face is in front of my own. “I like you.”

“Hmm, get in line.” I said with a laugh. Flan had started to nom on my arm now, wetting the fur along my elbow...

PreviousChapters Next