• Published 3rd Sep 2015
  • 4,495 Views, 67 Comments

The Equestrian Omni-Knight - Azure5555



Artix Entertainment fueled Displaced story line of a young man thrust into a world of turmoil and strife, only to be imprisoned for wanting to overthrow it's oppressive regime.

  • ...
19
 67
 4,495

PreviousChapters Next
If This is to End in Fire Pt3: Break a Leg

-Several Moments Ago...Ground Team-

“So...ya’ll are named Numb and Skull?” Applejack asked a brown and white dracomancer duo. The white dragon, had a skull upon his left shoulder, the brown dragon had several armor augmentations as opposed to the more lightly built dracomancers

“Sounds about right.” The white dracomancer answered.

“That is correct, yes.” The brown dracomancer stated.

The farm mare simply stared at the two dragons until giving a firm nod. A blue flare had shot into the sky, alerting her from her confused reverie.

“That’s our cue sweetheart, ready to bust some heads?”

Lifting a mighty mallet of wood and steel, the farm mare could only glare daggers at the one called Skull. “I ain’t your sweetheart, sugarcube.”

“I’m not your sugarcube, honeysuckle!” Skull laughed in retort. With a huff, the farm mare only swung her mallet, catching a crawling dragon on the jaw.

-Air Crew-

“So...you think he’s here?” The wistful Gabby asked Rainbow Dash.

“I don’t think so Gabby, you said he was yellow?” Replied the diamond armored pony.

“I thought maybe he’d be here...you know, to helps us out again?”

Before Rainbow could even answer, a single blue flare had shot into the sky.

“If he’s down there, now’s the time to find out! All hands on deck!!” Rainbow cried...only to be met with confused looks by gryphon and pegasus alike. She pinched the bridge of her nose in slight annoyance. *Sigh* “All hooves and claws on deck! Geez, get out more…” Without so much as a grunt, the perturbed pegasus slipped away into a nosedive.

Her squadron followed her into freefall, claws sharp and weapons ready.

-Ground Control-

The first wave was a decoy...Twilight did her best to keep the troops together, but the secondary wave of dragons that used the lightning trap to sneak through took advantage of the confusion and worry. One of the fire breathers even managed to take one of their own...


-Present Moment: Hero-

“Some prisoners of war, everypony accounted for, a few injured...three dead. This...was the best possible outcome. A few buildings need repairs and the medical staff is working with the wounded. Nothing else to report.”

“Three dead... how's my house? Still standing?”

“Veral won't let anyone inside. Why do you ask?”

“Funeral pyre. Cyrus knows how to set it up. My place, back yard. You want in on the big bad?”

There was radio silence for a few seconds.

“No. Have fun getting yourself killed. Luna has your location, she’ll be with you shortly. Oh...wow I did not mean to say that like I did...uh...I’ll just shut up now.”

The feed cut and I turned to look at the sky.

“Hmm, wouldn't be the first time. Luna's heading our way, you ready?” I ask Link.

“Whenever you’re ready.” Link answered.

I nodded and stared at the daytime blue of the sky, waiting for that small- found her.

A dark blue blur inched it's way closer to us as more and more of her form became visible.

“Moonpie! Over here!” Once she was in full view, she folded her wings and went into freefall.

“That girl...wait here.” With a running jump I unfurl my own wings and catch the falling pegasus and ease us down.

“How are you still such a child?” I ask with a smile.

“I never had a proper foalhood.” She said as she pawed at my nose.

“Alright folks, guns blazing?” I ask my companions. I make sure to flash the toothiest smile for added effect.

“There’s always the option of stealth, not everything has to be done like a warrior.” Link suggested as he reached into his pouch to pull out a rather ugly, yet for some reason suddenly uninteresting stone mask. I take another look and remember the mask in his hand.

“Oh...the Stone Mask from Majora! Wait...but you only have the one.” I say rather sadly.

“Come now, you’re a hybrid or some sort of dragonfable or adventure quest hero, surely you have a class for stealth, right?” Link asked in disbelief.

“Omni systems, what can I use for stealth?”

[Searching…]

I fold my wings and arms and tap my foot. “Windows Vista, what can you do?”

[Results found: Ninja, Dragon Shinobi, Barber]

“I'm not cutting anyone's hair! I'm infiltrating a mountain!” I yell in annoyance. Link snorted in amusement at that. I gave an exaggerated groan and pinched the bridge of my nose.

“Equip Dragon Shinobi and mage set.”

[Loading...Equipping Onikage, Luminous hair, galaxy backblades, galaxy starsword]

My void armor returned to my inventory as a slim black armor took its place. The cosmetic hairstyle gave me a false eye and the rest of my face. Two swords adorned my back as a third hung on my hip.

Link reaches into his pouch. “Here.” he said as he tosses five Deku Nuts into my hands. “My pouch is constantly regenerating those slowly, they’re mostly void copies of the original but they still function the same, just be sure not to look at it as you throw them down.” He explained.

“Sweet! I love these things!” I exclaim in joy. I reach into my own inventory and pull out three white grenades lined with gold and topped with crosses.

“It's only a fair trade. You ever saw Monty Python’s Holy Grail?”

“Classic.” Link said with a chuckle. “Although which version is it? I mean after that movie, even Worms Armageddon had the holy hand grenades..” Link said before looking over toward Luna. “I assume you’ve got some stealthy tricks up your sleeve?” he asked.

Luna gave a blank look and motioned to where her horn used to be.

“I have an idea, as for the grenades, they're meant for vampire hunters but the explosion is just as good against everything that doesn't go bump in the night.” I kneel in front of Luna and put my hands on her cheeks.

She smiles a bit and looks me over. “That armor brings back memories doesn't it?” She asks.

“Just don't try and stab me this time. Hold your breath, make a wish, count to three.”

The mare shut her eyes as her body flared with shadow. Her hooves held fire and her body became pitch black. Her eyes opened to reveal orbs of pure crimson.

“Oh that's gonna hurt in the-what the fuck!? Master Azure?” The voice that echoed from Luna’s mouth however was not her own

“Hey Serenity, Luna there with you?” I ask the shadow pony.

“She’s a little shaken up, how’d you do that?” She asks in disbelief.

“No time, I need you and Luna to work as a single unit as we sneak into that mountain over yonder.”

“Well shit,” ‘Serenity’ then looks over my shoulder at Link. “Hey handsome, got a name?” Asked ‘Serenity’.

The hylian crossed his arms. “Link. By the way, you might wanna think twice if you’re gonna do what I think you’re going to do.” Link said with a warning.

The shadow pony looked back at me and grinned. “He’s feisty! You think he’s single?”

“Serenity. Focus. Also that is not your body.” I say a little annoyed.


“There’s also the fact that you’ll have to answer to Theia and my Luna back home if you try anything.” Link said.

Serenity feigned a hurt expression...only to burst out laughing “Please, you think I'm scared of the princess!? Wait...don't answer that. Plus, this Luna took down three ancient dragons while she was still trying to figure out what ‘puberty’ meant!”

Luna’s voice echoed out from the peals of ensuing laughter. “I still don’t entirely grasp the concept of human puberty.”

“FOCUS!” I bellow out. “Serenity! To me!” The shadow pony melted to the floor and crawled onto me. Dark flames adorned my arms and legs as I felt the warmth of the twin souls.

Link shook his head before laughing softly in amusement. “Trust me.” was all he said.

“Let's go kill us a dragon.” I state with conviction.


The area surrounding the spire was surprisingly not all that well guarded. Most of the remaining troops took to defending the outer rise up the mountain, but we wouldn't be going up the dragon infested slope.

A cave entrance marked our way in as I took the lead with an orb of concentrated light.

“Ugh, remind me again why we aren't batting around the cannon fodder?” Serenity complained.

“Because...that's a great question. Oh yeah, I’m falling apart.” I say with a grunt.

The caverns were empty save for a slime here and there...though they fled once they saw us.

“Can we kill something!? Anything!” Serenity whined.

“For the love of…” A stray bat had been flying around a pillar of stone. Behind the stone was a chasm and another cave entrance that lead higher up.

“There’s a bat. Do you want I should kill the bat?” I ask in annoyance.

“Too small…” The bat seemed to take notice and offense to the offhand comment and gave a high pitched squeal. Several other bats began to crowd around it as a much larger bat flew out of the chasm.

“Why do I even…” I start throwing several poison kunai at the smaller bats as the larger beast gunned straight for Link. At first, the hylian grabbed the handle of his weapon, he remained focused and still as the bat drew closer still. Suddenly, Link quickly pulled out the master sword, swirled it around and then brought the sword back down onto the bat’s neck and sliced through it easily. I recognized the motion as the Mortal Draw.

“That was SICK! Do it again!” Shouted Serenity.

The other bats that were still airborne took notice of the big dead bat and chose to rush me instead.

With a groan I slumped my shoulders and caved my knees inward and waited. Once the sizeable bat cloud had closed in on me, I gave a spin and struck each bat at precise points along their spines with my fingers. Once I dropped the last bat I finished my Dragon Spin and landed in a fourth position ballet pose.

“Oof, I really need to get back in shape,” I say as I start massaging my legs. “Fifteen hundred years leaves such a crick in the neck!” I felt a satisfying pop, sighed in content, and walked up to the stone pillar.

“...Did you just quote Genie?” Link asked as he shook his head in amusement.

“Can't help it, I was a theatre kid,” I gave the pillar a solid punch as it fell flat onto the opposite platform. “Ain’t never had a friend like me.” I said in a sing song tone as I dust my hand on my armor.

“Just don’t get too happy when we get to the more serious battles.” Link said with a warning as he followed behind me.

“What's the point if you don't enjoy it?” Serenity asked.

“The point is to not get yourself killed.” I state firmly.

“Says the guy that used to sing The March of Cambreadth while running through solar infantry!” Serenity retorted happily.

“I happen to like that song, it's quite catchy.” Luna said in response.

I would have said something, but a silhouette of a fully armored dragon caught my attention.

“Come to me…” A voice echoed through the cavern.

A shining crimson light pulsed and I felt... compelled to follow.

“Oh fuck that!” My body locked up, the fires surrounding me writhed as Serenity kept me in place. Link reached out and placed a hand on my shoulder to grab my attention.

“It might be a trap.” Link suggested as he raised the stone’s mask, ready to put it on.

“it's also the only way forward…” I manage to say shakily. “Omni Systems, what...what was that?”

[Scanning…WARNING. Dragon Amulet detected. Proceed with caution.]

“Oh...okay. That's not good...is it?” I ask with worry.

Upon hearing my words, Link put on the mask and suddenly vanished from my sights. All I saw was a dull looking stone in his place that made me lose interest in it.

“We’ll keep you safe, I swear it,” I heard Serenity say as more of my body was covered in Shadow. “Let me do the walking.”

I gulped, but ultimately relinquished use of my body.

We made our ascent, several voices echoing through the cave.

“Hey Gill, what da ya think'll happen once we have this hero the princess keeps yammering on about?” Said a young voice.

“Same thing that'll happen if Lord Akriloth gains what he’s searching for.” Stated an older voice.

As we heard those voices, I noticed that I couldn’t see Link or the boring looking pebble he had disguised himself anywhere.

That's when I felt myself sink into the ground and float along the floor as a mass of inky black Shadow.

“Cryin’ shame I tell ya, here I am hoping I can keep one of those ponies as a pet! It's a cryin' shame.” The first voice drolled.

Serenity seemed to drag me forward for quite sometime when I heard that voice again.

“Come to me…” The compulsion was so much stronger this time.

“Well, we aren't going that way.” I heard Serenity whisper.

The voice echoed louder and stronger this time.

“Come to ME!” I felt the Shadow surrounding me writhe in strain and frustration as I felt my head slowly rise from the ground…only for tendrils of Shadow to chain themselves upon my risen head. “It would seem you have a keeper. RESIST!” The crimson glow from before was closer now, Serenity and Luna did their absolute best to keep me down but then they started screaming.

Pained wails echoed throughout the chamber we found ourselves in as my body funneled their magic and released it's true form.

Four wings sprouted from my back, my head began to shift into the visage of a bestial dragon, where I was normally five-eight my size had enlarged to six foot six. My mane grew to an outrageous size especially with the outlandishly long side-burns. Finally was the tail, topped off with a lion puff firmly upon the tip.

The voice and light grew closer still. “Now show me what makes you so dangerous. Show me the Demon…”

Voices echoed as hulking Destroyers made their way into the room. My mouth began to water, my claws twitched and my senses went mad! The glow compelled me to hunt…

“Oh by Din’s fiery wrath..” A voice spoke said as Link reappeared, he puts away the stone mask into his pouch and pulls out a bow and arrow, he takes aim at the draconic group of enemies and focuses magic into his arrow, causing it to glow with fierce coldness. He releases the arrow as it flies toward his targets.

“Hey bud, try to control yourself!” Link yelled out to me. Two of the giants had been frozen together shoulder to shoulder while another rushed at Link only to find his vision obstructed by my claw.

My left claw held the dragon’s head in a death grip as I wipe my muzzle with my right. “M-my bad...I can't think straight...was that you yelling just now?” I manage to say while panting hungrily.

An ethereal effigy of Serenity’s head floats in front of me as a shadowy hoof whacks me on the head. “That was ME asshole! Hey! Hot Legolas! Find that bitch! I’ll keep these asshats busy!” Serenity yelled as she dove at my head.

With a nod, he reaches up to grab his howling token, suddenly black particles surround him and cling to his body, forcing him to take on the wolf form I first saw him in. He sniffs at the air before taking off in a direction that had the strongest scent that may lead to the ‘bitch’.

I felt my body jerk and move to block the remaining dragon’s path. The Dragon Buster was now in my hand and with a swing and a spin the blade was driven into the ground. Serenity took complete control as she shouts.

“YOU! SHALL NOT! PASS!” The cave echoed with a cacophony of laughter and shouts of mimicry. Serenity though usually the hot head in situations like this, took the time to breath and focused both her attention and magic upon the blade.

My hands made spherical motions around the hilt as Shadow and ice began to form around them.

“Now dance for me.” With a roar, my hands shot out projectile after projectile. Some landing and exploding in ice and Shadow, others floating aimlessly. “Daka daka daka daka daka daka!” Was all I heard Serenity shout as more balls of black ice flooded the room.

“Reinforcements! Take that thing down!” Shouted an older voice.

“Take cover!” Shouted a more cowardly youngling.

Serenity gave cackles of maniacal laughter as more soldiers entered and fell to the barrage. “I will kill everyone in this room so long as you are one of them!” She shouted.

“Okay calm down Vegeta…” I say with amusement.

“Pfft, Vegeta ain't shit! Watch this!” The barrage stopped, those that hadn't been hit had huddled on the ground with their claws on their heads.

“Hellzone Grenade.” With a curt wave, every projectile moved centerfold and erupted in a wave of ice, light, and darkness.

Meanwhile as Link was zigzagging through the caverns and pathways, he was following a scent that only he could see with his wolf eyes, he eventually finds the one responsible for controlling his new ally.

PreviousChapters Next