• Published 3rd Sep 2015
  • 4,511 Views, 67 Comments

The Equestrian Omni-Knight - Azure5555



Artix Entertainment fueled Displaced story line of a young man thrust into a world of turmoil and strife, only to be imprisoned for wanting to overthrow it's oppressive regime.

  • ...
19
 67
 4,511

PreviousChapters Next
Nobody I'd Rather Be

-Ponyville Archives-

The spiraling stone steps led to what was essentially a library three times as big as Golden Oaks. I could literally see stars in Twilight's eyes.

"Calm down Twi, Mayor if we're so lucky, could you lead us to "those scrolls"?"

Young Mayor started to shiver and looked back at me worriedly. "W-what ever could you m-mean?"

"Giant. World endy. Dragon. Now is not the time nor place Mayor." She glanced at Twilight, then back at me, and swallowed hard.

"This way..." She took lead as we entered the maze of texts. "Our ancestors had written that you had kept many a contingency if it ever came that you would never be freed," As we walked, Twilight would mindlessly rearrange the books we passed or would take others. "One of those many contingencies comprised of six never to be opened scrolls. Each with their own markers. An apple, a balloon, a cloud, a diamond, a butterfly..."

'I know where this is go-iiiiiyaohmyGod!' A shine captured my eye. It was a glint of red and gold, wires everywhere, and a broken gattling gun.

"Ludo! My robodeer! Audible gasp! Pyro, Cryo!" Next to the scattered remains of a once powerful ally were two large elemental werewolves encased in orbs. I didn't realize how far off course I went until Mayor and Twilight caught up to me.

"Sir...please...*Huff * refrain from...oh...running ahead of us again."

"Mayor, why wasn't I informed of this?" I asked motioning my arm to my battle pets. "And...where is Serenity?"

"I apologize but I do believe we are on a time restraint. Let us continue."

"But- oh fine. But your still gonna tell me about Serenity right?"

"Who's Serenity, and what were those things?" Asked Twilight.

"That information is...currently held in your magic."

Twilight opened a tome and began to flip through the pages: "Entry: Serenity, Element type: Light/Dark,"

"A twilight elemental." I say.

"My mom and I are named after an element type?"

"The BEST element type...next to harm. Continue."

*Ahem* "Subject Serenity is known as what has been referred to as a " Shadow Pony". Constantly producing a unique energy signature in the form of black flames along her hooves. Attacks by flying into her opponent as well as using her wings and hooves for close quarters combat. What was she like?"

"Please we must continue. The fate of the world?" Interjected Mayor Mare. We once again made our way toward our final destination, Mayor beginning and stopping a forming thought.

"Serenity's whereabouts are unknown, what is known is that she is counted among those captured after the war. I am so very sorry,"

"Oh no...I know where..." I continue as the mares before me look back. "I could be wrong, in fact I hope I'm wrong but..."

"Another day sir Azure, we're here."

We finally stopped at a large wall with a rather curious engraving.

"As per your instruction, the scrolls were safeguarded, sealed, and kept hidden to all except for my predecessors and I. Upon the wall is written verbatim:

"If for any reason shit hits the fan and I am nowhere to be found to stop said shit you are to take these scrolls, find the ponies they pertain to, and have them read from said scroll. Under no circumstance are you to be anywhere near the resulting event horizon. Infact as soon as the scrolls have been delivered you run. Far. Run so far away and hope that you can get away."

Of course now it seems as if that time is upon us. All that is left is to utter the words passed down from mayor to mayor..."

She steeled herself, drew breath and spoke:

"Open says me!!"

"Really?" Asked Twilight as she gave me a harsh look.

"What, it was funn-" My speech had been cut off from the incredibly loud sound of stone grating against stone.

Before us, six rectangular indents revealed themselves to us. Apple, balloon, cloud, diamond, butterfly-

"My cutie mark!" And she said it. That's all I needed.

"You...won't be taking all of them will you?" Asked the good mayor.

"Nope!"

"What!?"
"Really!?"

Twilight had shown a pleading face while Mayor had small tears of relief on her smiling face.

"But we have to take all of them! Akriloth could prove too powerful!" As Twilight said this, Mayor Mare's smile slowly began to fade.

"We only need yours," There's that smile again. "The only way the other five will be needed is if Bon Bon can't find the scythe," Smile gone. "But she assured us she'd get it. Now lets just grab the scroll." Smile forever plastered.

"Fine..." Reaching out, Twilight pulled at the indent and took the scroll it held...and opened it.

"Twilight stop!"
"Twilight stop!"

But it was too late, she read it:

"I am the one and only?"

PreviousChapters Next