• Published 3rd Sep 2015
  • 4,518 Views, 67 Comments

The Equestrian Omni-Knight - Azure5555



Artix Entertainment fueled Displaced story line of a young man thrust into a world of turmoil and strife, only to be imprisoned for wanting to overthrow it's oppressive regime.

  • ...
19
 67
 4,518

PreviousChapters Next
Interview with a Dracopyre

'I woke up this morning with the sundown shining in~' The living room bathes itself in warm golden light, the sounds of nature breaking through the oak walls of the library. Today would be a good day.

*Knock*Knock* 'Oh hey the door.' I wipe the sleep from my eyes, folding my bedsheets whilst heading for the door. *AHEM* “Speak your peace.”

“Oh, were you still asleep, I'm sorry. I can come back...” *Audible GASP* “Fluttershy! No please, come in!” Opening the door was a flustered Fluttershy, saddle packs on her body.

“Coffee?”

“Oh I'd love some.”

“Hey um...about Angel. Is he...you know...”

“He's better. Great actually. After he had time to think of what you said he started to laugh. He said “I don't have to be afraid anymore. I'm free.” I don't really know what that means...”

“Has he ever...told you about his life before being...here?” Man this'll be awk.

“Well no, he was so quiet the first few days I met him. He did tell me that he did a lot of bad things, but I keep telling him he isn't that person anymore!! Oh no...I'm sorry about that.” Fluttershy quickly gathered herself, a disappointment apparent on her that she hadn't thought to rid herself of.

“I guess I can explain a little, you see as a human being Angel wasn't...the best of people. He enjoyed the pain and suffering of others, but this was augmented by vampyrism. He caused much chaos and spilled oceans of blood, but a sudden curse brought down upon him centuries of guilt and self hatred. His final punishment, was that for so long as he still lived, if for any reason he attained true happiness, the curse would be broken and his wickedness would be forever free to ravage the Earth.”


“THAT'S TERRIBLE! EEP, I'm so sorry. Twilight and Luna must still be asleep. Oh...poor Angel. He couldn't have deserved that!”

“He didn't, but his world needed a champion, and it needed it fast. He had become a pawn to higher beings that sought only to use him and to torture him. That's in the past though, and since he no longer has to worry about losing his soul, then he should be just fine. I'mma go get that coffee now."

Fluttershy set herself upon the living room couch, relieving herself of her burden and flexing her wings.

A few minutes, a trip to the kitchen, and a bit of dragon fire later and I had a pot of hot coffee in my hands. What I found interesting upon my return however, was that the mare had begun unpacking her cargo upon the table. Fluttershy carefully placed ink pots, empty scrolls, and paper weights in a meticulous manner.

If I didn't know any better I'd say she did this for fun. I did know better, and a basement filled with yarn works screamed "Venting process.". The mare gave me a solemn bow and presented herself.

“Um...I hope it isn't too much trouble but, well, some of our scrolls are outdated and beyond repair. I was hoping that maybe you could help me replace them?”

“Y-yeah, anything. I can help you with anything you like.”

"The recordings of your first day in Equestria are either lost to weather damage or destroyed outright. I would like a first 'hand' account of the day history took it's new course. You may begin, if you're ready." She stated solemnly.

"The first day here was the hardest."

-1502 years ago-

"Ow...blind...ow...ow ow ow."

Unceremoniously I begin to lift my blind eyes to dark surroundings. The haze of imperfect vision gives me signs that it is just after mid-day and my musically inclined ear tells me of violent arguments.

"We have given you everything! Our mines, our brothers, OUR FATHERS! What more do you gain by taking our only yield!?"

"Silence peasant! By grand order of your majesty Princess Celestia we are to procure this years harvest from all! You should be honored to ease the pains of our war effort."

I already didn't like what I heard, but I was also vastly confused. It sounded like he said Celestia, but one: That can't be right as I'm more than very positive I was still somewhere near home. Two: Mexico's prominent tongue is Spanish. And three, this one is important: Multi-verse theory is just that. Theory.

Struggling with a crushing weight, I attempt to locate my pair of glasses, in hopes that whatever was going on could disappear if I could just see again.

'Pfft, just my luck. The right lens is cracked. Today is just great.'

I struggle to sit on my knees as I heard more of the violent argument.

"For too long has your princess plagued us, no longer! For Canter!"

The sound of flesh striking an immovable object and the frightened shriek of a female voice rang out louder than it should have.

“Bronze! Please sir, he is just a boy! Will you not take what you are here for and leave us be?”

The opposing voice cackled menacingly. “Soldiers! Destroy the town. Leave no survivors.”

This couldn't be happening. This couldn't be the same happy-go lucky, adventurous multi-colored romp of a world I came to accept the existence of...

Shrieks of blood freezing fear split the day, I could not allow myself to sit idly as the town was lit ablaze. That's when I saw 'it'. The flash drive, now a full fledged claymore lay before me. I needed it, but more than that, the TOWN needed it.

I instantly came to regret my decision. You know that feeling you get when you light a match, but the fire licks you? Imagine that...fifty times worse.

The searing pain filled me with anger, hatred, and unforgiveness.

An unforgiveness I hoped to God never to have. But the worst thing? The worst thing it did? It gave me an insatiable hunger as the very thing I held changed me from the inside out.

Flesh and skin boiled and melted away only to be replaced by new muscle, scales, and fur. I felt as the only set of clothing I had tore itself off of my increasingly jagged form. This only enraged me more as I actually happened to hold an emotional attachment to the garments I had changed into before being torn from my home.

I couldn’t control myself, not fully. I knew only as much as 'If it's wearing golden armor, you eat it, you kill it, or you make an example of it.' The blade I held I used to slice boards and pikes of wood so as to impale my victims and roast them in the still burning fires. I like my meat cooked after all.

I did this to a good sixty percent of whatever battalion was unlucky to be there. Those lucky enough not to become my meal had a less gruesome death to meet. Quick knuckle shots to the cranium was all it took to cave in their golden helms. Once the last soldier had fallen, wings I hadn't noticed before behind my back had fanned away the flames of destruction.

My vision began to un-blur itself, color returning to the surrounding world. My mind still hadn’t had time to catch up to the information I needed to process when I was surrounded by what I again hoped wasn't what I thought I saw.

A pale equine trotted toward me, it's mane a rather dirty and pale yellow. It's golden eyes the only thing to shine any light on this dark day.

"I thank y-you, dragon. You saved my son, as well as all of Canter from certain death. We don't have much, but we are forever indebted to you." Said the female pony.

The town in it's entirety took a bow, unsteady and afraid.

"No please, don't bow. Get up all of you. Is there anyone here that can tell me where I am? And just what the hell is going on?"

As the towns people rose, the pale pony spoke up once again.

"My name is Honey Pot. This is Canter, a mining town situated upon the largest mountain in Equestria. Until recently, we had known peace for years, but since the war started more and more of our resources and well being had been taken."

Okay so I can conclude that one: I am indeed in some war torn version of Equestria where Canter 'lot' doesn't exist and Celestia doesn't care about her subjects. Two: Clothing is no longer an option and Three.......

"Nobody look I'm naked!"

I quickly attempt to cover the more naughty bits as I find a lack thereof. Confused, I give ye old crotch a good knock.

'Still there, but...why am I armored all the way to my privates. Even my butt's got protection!'

"So dragons worry about being covered?" Asked Honey.

"I'm not a dragon! Have you even seen a dragon before!?"

My flustered outburst made the poor mare crumple a bit in fear.

"W-we have only ever heard of dragons in tales recounted by our elders. I meant no offense great one!"

"Stop that."

My off putting demeanor only frightens the villagers more.

"Look, I'm sorry I'm so agitated. I'm in another world, my favorite vest is a pile of polyester on the ground, I still have melting skin on my body and you're trying to deify me. Don't."

"T-then...what shall we call the savior of our home?"

"Maybe call me by name?"

"So it shall be sir...oh. You have not yet given us thy name."

'Oh yeah. My name. I know that...it's um. Uh, um...............eh.........PASSPORT!'

"Yes of course, my name. Let me just pick up my vest..."

The tattered remains of a beloved vest became torn asunder, falling from the tatters was one passport, twenty two pesos, and a key chain. I only need one of these.

I hand the small blue booklet to the lady and point out the page with my name.

"Ah, I see-" Said Honey Pot.

"-then this is what we shall call you. But what is America?"

"That would be the country of my birth. California being the state. Los Angeles being the city. Why do you ask?"

"Never have I heard of such places, are they far? Nopony has ever left Canter."

"That's difficult to answer, look I need a bath. Do any of you uh...*cough* ponies have a bathtub or something ?"

Their looks of disappointment could shatter mountains from the sheer sadness they exude.

"Water has become a luxury for us, enough is used to grow our crop and to keep us alive, but nopony is allowed more than what can be spared."

'No one here has had a bath. In like...forever though...'

"That's horrible! Don't you guys get rain or something!?"

"Whatever pegasus that did live with us, had immediately been drafted for war. We have seen draught unlike any before us."

No water, no rain, and no grain. It was unimaginable to believe such negligence could be allowed to continue. The blade still in my hand, as if reading my mind, gave me a flood of information.

Weaponry

Armors

Items

Training programs

Every magical/non magical skill held within the blade's electrical systems almost as if my computer itself had been...

'Sweet Christ my laptop is INSIDE the sword. Wait that's not important right now!'

"I think I may be able to help." Without so much as waiting for a response I got to work. I danced a dance, the sword swinging with me kicked up gusts of wind. The wind formed clouds. The clouds clumped into each other and with a kick, the cluster was sent skyward.

"Cast in the name of God!" [Ye not guilty] "Omni Systems: You've just been...THUNDERSTRUCK!"

Lightning from my sword lit up the night sky with glorious blue streaks of electricity. After a few seconds, the gray clouds became black as rain began to fall.

The townsfolk couldn't believe it, water in their wasteland. Collection was a priority, but once the wells had been filled I took the liberty of grabbing a bucket so as to clean my new scales. Well, that and I needed to use the bathroom...


"Oh um...so you...you're...?"

I followed her stare right down.

"I have my decency."

"Oh. Okay."

"Let's continue." 'So I can ignore the fact a pony tried to make me show them my junk...warrior! God I miss abridged anime.'


The bones of the devoured had been buried first. As they had been the most manageable, their graves could be small. The town had begun the grave-digging for the larger bodies until a new presence made itself known.

"We send an entire squadron of troops to gather a measly yield and what do I find? A harvest not yet collected, my troops dead and buried, and rainclouds over a mining town! Now how am I supposed to feel about this?"

He was a brute of a pony, at least five feet in height, six if you counted the pitch black helmet he wore. His armor was more of the same, modeled after the Solar standard issue only colored black. His eyes hid behind a knight's visor.

"So, where's the lucky pegasus you peasants have stowed away?"

The townsfolk had begun to shrink in on themselves, grouped together like cattle to the slaughter. Or I guess ponies don't really kill cattle so it's more scythe to the grain...

"No pegasi here bub! Just a town filled with Earth ponies and me!"

I was now recently bathed and relieved, so I was feeling pretty confident.

"A dragon! Now that makes even less sense! What would a 'mighty' and 'noble' dragon be doing with peasantry so beneath him?"

"I am giving them hope. Something they have not had in quite some time."

"Don't make me laugh,” Scoffed the Black Knight. “You can't honestly care for this filthy peasantry!"

At the word 'peasantry' a barrel had moved. The black knight quickly toppled the barrel and smashed it to reveal a filly.

"Well well, talk about wrong place wrong time!” The girl shrieked as a heavy hoof landed on her spine.

“STOP THAT! YOU LEAVE HER BE!!” My outburst only worsened the ordeal as the Knight plunged a sword millimeters away from the girls neck.

'No no no no no n-IDEA!' Not another thought and I rush the sadist screaming:

“WE WANT A ROCK!!!” The Knight's color inverses as his entire movement halts. I motion for the filly to get up and run.

The girl gave a quick thanks and ran to the townspeople.
'Okay, not much time, but if this doesn't kill, I have two other armor skills with his name on em'.'

"Mass of...INCANDESCANT GAS!" The petrification wears off as I deliver the miniature Sun bomb point blank.

The small radioactive blast did absolutely nothing to his armor, but if his screams meant anything, it's that the payload did it's job.

"By the Creator! I can't see! It hurts! Somepony help me!"

"What the hell is that armor made of?" I asked out loud.

Through gasps of pain, the nameless Black Knight managed a response.

"Th-the unholy...union of-of a cragadile an-and an ancient of your kind...You will pay dearly dragon..."

I couldn't see it all to well, but the blast had done more damage than I thought or had wanted. 'So this is what it means to kill...this isn't right.'

"But I can't let you go. When you get to hell, tell them Sir Darksoul sent you, then please apologize on my behalf."

Super Taster withered his body further, and I Just Want Your Half took the last of his life from him. What remained was another pile of bones and the armor he wore.

"Pack up. We leave. Now."

The townspeople obviously had felt outrage at this. One of the older colts spoke up.

"Nopony has left Canter in decades! How do you expect us to leave all with which we have lived for!?"

"Because if you don't then Celestia will kill every last one of you for treason! If you hadn't noticed I not only killed a group of soldiers, a good portion of which I ate, but you buried them here! I had you bury them!"

"He has a point!" Audible gasps had echoed all around.
Another colt, this one with bandages on his neck and legs, spoke up.

"Celestia sent these monsters to do two things, rob us and slay us. The heavens have seen it fit to send us a warrior from another world! With him by our side we may never know thirst or hunger again! Do you truly wish to abandon your hopes!? Your dreams!?"

'Damn pony whose name I have yet to learn. Mah bad.'

"I shall stand with my son!" 'Honey Pot?'

"This warrior is everything we have ever wished for in our lives, if he leaves then I shall leave with him."

More and more of the town converged on me until only the nay-sayer was left.

"I don't like this, but if it means survival then there truly is no alternative."


As we left a town in ruins, I made sure to leave a message to whatever found it's way. The black armor stood in a neat pile, a single note left upon it:

NEVER AGAIN

PreviousChapters Next