• Published 3rd Sep 2015
  • 4,516 Views, 67 Comments

The Equestrian Omni-Knight - Azure5555



Artix Entertainment fueled Displaced story line of a young man thrust into a world of turmoil and strife, only to be imprisoned for wanting to overthrow it's oppressive regime.

  • ...
19
 67
 4,516

PreviousChapters Next
My Mind Is Telling Me No...

The door slowly cracked open, tensions were high. The salty smell of sweaty cold fear radiated from the two ponies still in the room. A head popped out from the doorway to reveal...another nurse.

"Princess inbound. Just thought I should warn you." With that the young colt (hooray for equal opportunity nursing) dipped back out and closed the door.

"That was harrowing," I say rather abruptly. "But hey, at least we have a warning. Miss Red Heart, you should tend to the other patients in the building. Me and Shiny have it covered."

"Don't push yourself hero, keep your eyes on that heart monitor." Red Heart left without another word.

Shining then decided to break the silence. "What's wrong with your heart?" 'Hehe, what ISN'T wrong with my heart?'

"Well you see- *knock*knock* shazafraz..." I hope we can get out of this.

The door opened, revealing a rather large bouquet of diverse flowers, from roses to sunflowers.

"I hope I'm not intruding gentlecolts, but I couldn't quite help myself." This was the first time in a long time, and immortality or not, Celestia looked aged. Taller and fuller, a lot more wave in her mane, and a sharper horn and...

"Guh...uh...I uh...hi." The monitor next to me gained a few extra ticks.

Shining and Celestia exchanged words, something about a full report, an explosive cake, Goldy in Canterlot...and I think they're trying to get my attention now.

".........will he be alright?" Asked Celestia. "Hey, Ahz. Equuis to Ahz. You okay?" Added Shining.

"Huh? Oh! I uh...blacked out huh?" This response elicited a giggle from the princess.

“I hope almost dying at the claws of an undead dragon hasn't left any lasting damages." Said Celestia jokingly.

"Well nothing major besides my ribs, my hind legs, third degree burns, and the brain damage. And the brain damage. And the brain damage...hey Shiny when did you get here!?"

Shining Armor looked absolutely horrified as opposed to Celestia who burst out laughing.

"Well I hope you can remember enough to join me in Canterlot sometime. Maybe sometime this week?" Asked the princess.

"Sure, I should be out of bed by then. I think."

“I do hope to see you again.” The princess gave a wink to me and a nod to her captain.

And with that the two had left. 'Well, I guess I'll wait here then.' And as if the heavens heard me, the door swung open quite profoundly. 'Rayós.'

"You." 'That voice is back, and now there's a face.' "I...owe you an apology."

"May I ask yours and your husband's name?"

"Lilyput, and Oakwood. He was a carpenter before the illness."

"He was a brave colt. He kept the building safe, I noticed the barricades. His design right?" I ask hoping not to offend.

"They're part of a mobile set. Prototypes he hadn't laid hooves on in years. Then you and that dragon show up, the way Rainbow Dash just stormed the hospital, it lit a fire in him I didn't think he still had. For that, I am eternally thankful."

"But he died because of me."

"He was the stallion I fell in love with again because of you. You'll make it to his funeral, won't you?"

I had said yes, of course I said yes. Before I knew it, we began trading stories of our old love lives. Her and her husband, me and the wife I once had. Red Heart had swung by, telling me somepony had foot my bill and I was clear to go.

-Golden Oaks-

The trip to the library was uneventful. Everypony was either in the hospital at home or...

'It's quiet. Too quiet.' Obviously this wasn't true, my cursed nature gave me impossibly good hearing, and it didn't matter how quiet or how dark the library was. I knew what waited for me.

But then again...I didn't know. Pushing the door lightly caused a bucket of unknown liquid to empty it's contents all over me, coating my...coat...in incredibly thick sugary punch.

"SURPRISE!" And of course all of Ponyville was here. Hell, even Celestia was here! But...no sign of Moonpie.

Pinkie burst out of the bucket, (for sanity's sake I won't question it) and in party pony fashion exclaimed:

"What are we waiting for!? Let's get this party started!"

Something must have been in the drink as time itself seemed to just slide right along again. It felt like such a huge blur, the only parts I actually remembered were when practically everypony had me for a dance, AJ and Spike were sharing some kind of awkward moment with Rarity trying to get Spike's attention, Lyra and Bon Bon were trying to get my attention, and then I may have passed out in the cake.

Yup, good times.

PreviousChapters Next