• Published 3rd Sep 2015
  • 4,526 Views, 67 Comments

The Equestrian Omni-Knight - Azure5555



Artix Entertainment fueled Displaced story line of a young man thrust into a world of turmoil and strife, only to be imprisoned for wanting to overthrow it's oppressive regime.

  • ...
19
 67
 4,526

PreviousChapters Next
If This is to End in Fire Pt1: Enter Stage Left

Author's Note:

Ooh boy, its been what? Six months now? I hope that these next few chapters make up for all that time I spent loligagging.

Chapter one of the Fire War, and its a doozy. Shout out to DisplacedWriter fir bearing with me for so Goid damned long. You're a champ and a bro my dude.

Something about all of what was going on seemed wrong, and not just because the events unfolding skewed the timeline to FUBAR levels of insanity.

As such, civilians and the elderly were led to the underground Diamond Dog tunnels and those willing to fight armed themselves with the newly developed crystal armor.

That and the kids had a working mobile siege engine up and running...Thanks Oak. You will be missed.

Sigh, all that was left was the wait…

“Master?” My moglin ghost snapped me out of my stupor, my hands having stopped whatever it was they were working on.

“Veral,” I put away the note and orb and turn to face my close friend. “How are Trixie and the changeling?”

“Well, aside from worrying about you after you walked away looking like you'd seen a ghost? Pretty well, considering the circumstances,” Veral floated forward and looked at the encased werewolves on the wall.

“They still haven't woken up?” She asks.

“No.”

“And the treasure chest?”

“A Prime Orb of Darkness and a Dragonfang Scimitar.”

She looked at me like I grew my missing eye back.

“A PRIME Orb...How many have you found so far?”

“Just the Orb of Wind, it was powering the Abysmal Abyss, who knew?”

Veral gasped in excitement at the news of the Wind Orb.

“That could give me a bigger Mana pool! Pleeeease! Let me use it!” She gave me the biggest puppy dog eyes I've ever seen! How could I refuse my cutest partner?

“Knock yourself out Vi,”

I toss her the Orb and it glows faintly until it vanished into her body.

“So? How do you feel?” I ask

“Like a tornado just went off in my brain!” She exclaimed happily.

“It feels like I actually HAVE a brain! Hey, can I go with you into battle? It's honestly been forever since we've fought together.”

I sigh a little which makes her smile falter. “Sorry Vi, with how I am now I’m not gonna last all that long in a fight. Plus you have the important job.”

Her ears pricked up and she looked at me expectantly.

“That is?” She asked expectantly.

“Protect this house and it's residents. Will you be my shield Veral?”

She put a paw over her mouth and chuckled. “You sound like the fate of the world is at stake. What, is it Tuesday already?”

I would have given a witty retort, but a knock at the door took my attention.

A gryphon in leather armor had a message for me it seemed.

“Sir! New reports indicate a secluded stone in the heart of Whitetail Woods. The unicorns deduce mystical origin. How do we proceed?”

“Uh…” I take a moment to gather my thoughts as well as my confusion at the unflinching warrior bird.

“Any dragons in the area?” I finally ask.

“Subdued.” He responded stoically.

“Okay, I'll go get Luna and we’ll fly over there. Keep the surrounding area clear and send off a flare if things get hot here in Ponyville.”

With a salute, the bird flew off. “Sir!”


-Whitetail Woods-

Scorched trees lined the path we took into the forest, shrubbery had either withered from the heat or had been burned to ash in the firefight.

“So how is this forest still alive?” I ask Luna.

The mare walked with purpose as she gave the forest’s history.

“Much like the Everfree, Whitetail holds much magic and spiritual presence. The only difference in the two being that unlike the Everfree, Whitetail was never subjected to the darkness I laid over the opposite forest.”

“Right right.” I nod in understanding only to stop as my ears flinched. “You hear that?” I ask in a near whisper.

“Hear what?” The lunar pegasus asks me.

“That sound...that...that song.” Something comes over me as my lycanthropic aspect slips out. Before I even realize what just happened I’m on all three of my remaining limbs and gunning through the forest until I find the stone the gryphon was talking about.

It was a peculiar thing...almost stylized like a stone of truth and it was resonating a familiar song.

I began to howl the Oath to Order. It almost felt as if the four giants themselves would come out of the woodworks.


Imagine my surprise when instead of the giants a shining wolf had appeared instead.

“Oh...the hero’s shade...but why is he…”

The wolf was colored in a myriad of red, green, and gray. His right ear had claw marks, both ears had blue earrings, and a scar etched his face. To top it all off, the wolf had the mark of Din branded on his forehead, I noticed that he also had blue earrings on its ears.

“No yeah...okay. Not the weirdest thing. Is this the part where you give me a new sword skill?” I ask the wolf.

Luna, panting in exhaustion, finally caught up and took a look at the wolf. “I swear to whatever deity it is you pray to...if he attacks us I’m leaving.”

The strange wolf’s attention is drawn to the sound of Luna’s voice, it looks over at my moon princess.

Like a deer caught in headlights, Luna freezes. “G-good boy? I don't taste very good…”

I look back at the wolf and give a guttural growl. In my best wolf speak I attempted to say “Touch her and watch”. What I actually said was…

(Your mother was a hamster!)

I immediately face clawed. “Wow, my bad! I did not mean to say that about your mother!”

The wolf gives me a dead panned expression before slowly approaching, only for him to suddenly leap toward my head, assaulting my vision with blinding light. When my eyes cleared, I found myself high above Equestria with me standing on clouds as if I was part pegasus.

I tapped my foot on the cloud and felt solid ground. I then look back up and find a curious sight. The hero of legends himself Link was here as well...looking much like the spirit wolf in clothing coloration. The red cloak was a good look, though I always preferred the blue tunic.

“Okay, NOT the hero’s shade. Also...JESUS H. CHRIST! The hell happened to you!?” I shout albeit a little inconsiderately...only to double back as my eye focused on the figure before me.

“My bad, your hood made it look like your face had been chewed off. Uh...no offense?

“None taken.” The man said as he reached up to pull down his hood. He looked just Link, although a bit different as if three Links had become one, although I don’t recall any Link ever having a yellow mustache and a goatee. The claw-mark damages to his long elven ear and the scar were also present just like with his wolf form.

“So...sword skill?” I ask with a smile.

“No. I made my token as a way to speak with my summoner through a temporary mindscape, a link between us.” Link explained as he waved a hand toward the area that we were in.

“Oh cool. Like a crossroads!” I say with a snap of my fingers...er claws. “Give me a sec.” I begin to reel my thoughts in until I hear a pounding underneath me.

Luna was impatiently pounding a hoof on the invisible floor. I reach down and pull her up.

“You know one of these days I’m going to need my magic back!” She says a little flustered.

I cringe a bit and wave my claw apologetically. “After we get Serenity safely out of you. Shadow magic and moon magic might not mix well.” I state.

“Welcome to the mindscape, Princess Luna.” Link said with a respectful bow.

The princess bowed back and walked up to Link.

“It has certainly been quite some time, the loss of one's horn certainly has its disadvantages.” She looked back with a smirk. “Thankfully I have a good stand in, not that my sister would approve.”

“I’m working on it!” I yell.

Link looks over at me. “Since you’re allies with the princesses, this tells me a lot of whom you are.” he said to me, he crosses his arms before continuing to speak. “I made my token this way as a safety precaution, in case the summoner held ill intent.”

I tear my eye away from him for a quick second.

“I’m uh...actually wanted by the crown...despite my current standing with Moonpie and this world’s Cadence. It's a long story.”

“Tis a misunderstanding at the very least. I could give my account if it would give proof of his good heart.” Luna stated as she stared at Link with a strong gaze.

“Without further adieu, the judgement has been past.” Link said as the area started to brighten, soon returning me among the living, except now Link was standing in front of me.

“How long were we out?” I quickly ask. I felt something around my neck, I reach up and noticed that the howling stone had shrunk down into a necklace, the stone was also now an oval shape.

“Time tends to flow differently in the mindscape” Link explained.

“Seconds at best, minutes at worse.” Luna stated.

“Good. Link, you any good at fighting armies?” I ask. The hylian chuckled at my question.

“I’ve been in quite a few in my world to keep Equestria safe, although it can be quite tiresome despite my efforts. So yes, I am capable.” Link explained as he moved his cloaked to reveal a pouch of sorts.

“Ooh! Dimensional inventory~ I’ve got one of those too! Wait...no...gotta stay on track. Let's walk and talk.”

I lead the hero back through the woods and into Ponyville proper all while giving him the details of just what it was we were up against and how we planned to defend ourselves.

“Akriloth and his dragons would be a problem but the dragons here are pretty much cannon fodder. And with how every building is coated with a reactive resonant crystal, the town can defend itself while Akriloth’s forces try and fail to eat explosive gemstones. Believe me, I tried.”

We hit Golden Oaks and I stop and move my hand to knock. “Any questions?”

“Is this the same red dragon I’m thinking of from Dragonfable?” Link asked.

I look at him like I was just slapped in the face by a Holy Mackerel. “Oh my God Moonpie…”

“Yes…?” Luna looks at me worriedly.

“Moonpie he’s played Dragonfable. He knows what we’re up against…” I beam a giant smile and put my claw on his shoulder! “Dude! Thats awesome!”

“He won’t be able to stand much chance with me helping you. Not unless he’s been changed by the void?” Link asked.

“Nuh uh. Our scouts would have reported a change that big. Not like I wouldn't have the firepower to stop a void empowered Akriloth. That and we have THE Dragonslayer living here in Ponyville. Well...technically...he was reborn as a pony...he’s still good in a fight.”

As I finish my tirade, Angel and Spike in Bun-Demon and Full dragon land at our feet and revert to their base forms. Angel as Fluttershy’s small adorable bunny and Spike as Twilight’s assistant.

“Bloody hell...I swear if we didn't need that wanker I’d gut him in his sleep.” Spike snarled out.

“Way ahead of you.” Angel squeaked out.

“Galanoth?” I ask the the pair.

“Galanoth.” The two chorused out.

The two left to lick their wounds and I finally knocked on the library door.

“As in the dragonslayer? What is he doing in your Equestria?” Link asked me.

The door opened and out peered Lord Cyrus.

“I ask myself that same question every day I wake up. Hello hero, I see you found another warrior.” The blue scaled half dragon said with a smile as he ushered us in.

“Captain Armor and I were just discussing how best to hold the perimeter outside of town. Tea?”

I look back to Link and shrug. “I’m more surprised you didn't ask why Spike sounded British.”

“Considering the multiverse theory, anything can happen. Like a humanoid female version of Spike.” Link said with a smile.

“So...Barb?” I smile back.

“Theia.” Link corrected, but said nothing more.

“Sounds exotic!” I give a quick sniff and quickly sit down in front of our town map.

“Jasmine tea! Come on guys, Cyrus brought the good stuff!”

“Now if only you can be this excited for Ponyville’s defense.” Shining Armor stated with a coy grin.

“I think i’ll have some of that tea, with some ice if that’s not too much to ask.” Link said

“Cold tea? What a bizarre request.” Luna said as she took her seat.

“Yes Moonpie, there are living beings that enjoy it cold. Shining, what’s our status?”

Cyrus began to serve the tea as Shining motioned to a ring outside of Ponyville.

“This outer ring will be monitored by pegasi and gryphon. The heightened vision coupled with elemental cloud traps will serve as a deterrent and signal, stunning their weaker troops and alerting us to the oncoming threat.”

Beyond the ring were two half circles. Cyrus took his seat and motioned to this area.

“My Dracomancers and the town Earth ponies will encroach the enemy from the sides, picking away and blocking the weakened force.”

I then looked at the heart of the town, a sigil of Harmony emblazoned on the area.

“And here?” I ask.

“Our main line of defense.” Luna stated as she sipped at her tea.

“We push forward while unicorns and diamond dogs pick at any straggler with magic bolts and reactive crystal arrows.”

“A sound plan, but I feel like there’s a ‘but’ coming in soon.” I say after downing my tea.

“Destroyers, dragon giants meant to crush walls and barricades. Several adult dragons, and a climb up a well guarded mountaintop.” Cyrus pointed out as he motioned to said mountain leading down to Ponyville.

“Link, thoughts?” I ask.

Link takes a sip of his tea, he was thinking as he was listening to the plan. “Considering their size, they should be slow, correct? Any chance we could set up traps in the area?” Link asked and suggested.


“Diggers! Diamond Dogs! We take the floor out from their feet!” I exclaim in excitement.

Cyrus and Shining stare at each other and start to discuss amongst themselves. Shining rises and scans the map before creating a smaller duplicate with his horn.

“I’ll contact Ziggy, if we’re lucky he’ll have time to rally his forces.”

“Wait!” Shining stops dead in his tracks and looks back at me. “Is it a Diamond Dog by the name of Ziggy?” The captain nods once.

I stifle a chuckle. “That’s all I needed to know.” The captain turned and left in confusion.

“You know of Ziggy Star Dog?” Cyrus asked.

“They say he plays the guitar.” I give a quick chuckle and get back to business.

“Link, what are you working with weapon wise?” I ask the Hylian.

“Depends on what I’m fighting. I’m capable of a bit too much.” Link explained before thinking a bit. “I’ll be focusing on evasion and long range, maybe some magic as well, my tactics may change.”

I tap my chin in thought. “Cyrus, where’s Twilight?” I ask.

“Currently at Sweet Apple Acre’s forge. Why do you ask?” Cyrus answered.

“Link, we’re gonna set you up with a new arrow type. Follow me, Luna head home and have Veral prepare the living room for an extra guest.” Link with interest in his eyes, finishes up his tea before putting the cup down on the near table.

PreviousChapters Next