• Published 3rd Sep 2015
  • 4,526 Views, 67 Comments

The Equestrian Omni-Knight - Azure5555



Artix Entertainment fueled Displaced story line of a young man thrust into a world of turmoil and strife, only to be imprisoned for wanting to overthrow it's oppressive regime.

  • ...
19
 67
 4,526

PreviousChapters Next
The H(a)unt: Movement 2

The group had been waiting in the lobby for me to wake up, Applejack already having been attended to. Her muscles pulsed with an incredible strength, many of the patrons basking in the glory of those gains.

'Damn tho, you could grind meat on those abs.' "I hope you weren't all waiting for lil' ol me." I say rather coyly.

"Not so little now Pebbles." Said Spike. Before I could even begin to retort the group came to attention, whilst Rainbow and Fluttershy started to sneak away...

"Oof, hey!" Only to be caught in a light orb bubble.

"You two aren't going anywhere, we have ghosts to hunt." I say as the group made it's way out the door.

-Haunted house (Scenic next to Time "Timmothy" Turner's workshop)-

Twilight and her brother were as giddy as little school children, shooting ideas on what we would be dealing with and how to go about taking it down.

Then the obvious question came up: "Wait, I can see how Twili, Cady, Rarity and I can strike at the ghost but how will the rest of the group?" Asked Shining Armor.

"Easy," I begin to say. "Spike, Angel, and I are already suited to attack at ethereal foes. Dragon-kin produce an anti-magic field that can disrupt non-corporeal foes. Pinkie Pie has extra dimensional abilities tied to her soul and Rainbow, Flutters, and AJ will be going in armed with enough anti-undead weaponry to level a graveyard,"

Unexpectedly, I kick the front door of the dilapidated house open while donning my Nighthunter leathers. I pull out the Silver Bullet Express and mount it on my shoulder.

"Any questions?" 'Oh it is good to be me.'

Ten minutes of retrofitting various pieces of the Nighthunter onto the less magical members of the group and everypony was set.

Aj traded her Stetson for my wide brim, giving her access to the hunter's fist active ability. Fluttershy took the coat, giving her the mantle of light abilities, and Rainbow grabbed the utility belt allowing her use of the Golden Axes, Ashwood Stakes, Holy Water, and the Hallowed Hand Grenade.

This left me with the ammo belt, pants, and boots.

The house was rather cozy, living floor, two bedrooms, a kitchen, dining hall, stairs leading to a second floor, a long hallway leading to an indoor bath house, a pantry, a cellar and attic entrance.

Second floor was a personal bathroom, children's room, and a master bedroom. The team gathered in the living room.

"This place isn't huge, but we'll need to move fast. No doubt whatever haunts these walls has already caught wise to our presence-"

A deafening roar echoed through the living room as two phantoms descended upon us.

"Me and my big-OPEN FIRE!!" Magical projectiles soared, axes flew, bullets ripped! Angel and Applejack jumped at a third ghost and began to wail on the helpless phantom, disappearing as it could no longer hold it's form.

The first two seeing no chance of victory escaped, wounded and fading from existence. Rainbow Dash, Twilight, and Shining Armor grouped together with the biggest grins on their faces.

"That. Was. Awesome!" The three exclaimed. "Did you see the look on their faces when those axes blew up?" Asked Rainbow. "Or when Cadence impaled one with her sword!" Added Shining, stars in his eyes. "What about the way Applejack and Angel just pummeled one into non-existence!?" Exclaimed an overly ecstatic Twilight Sparkle.

"Hey there's something hiding in the cupboard," Said Cadence as she walked towards soft whimpers.

Opening a door revealed a ghost-like filly, no doubt a victim of whatever atrocities plagued the once noble home.

"Don't be afraid little one. Look," The princess of love pulled back her hood revealing her true un-scarred face.

"M-miss...your heart...I feel it's warmth. Please you must leave this wicked place! These halls have become home to the damned...lead by an evil wraith...it keeps us here to feed..." Said the frightened ghost child.

At the mention of wraith and feed however, Angel had relapsed and reverted to his normal bunny form.

"Angel, you okay?" I ask with worry.

"I-I'll be fine. I just remembered something." Responded Angel shakily.

The ghost child flew towards Angel, sniffing him oddly enough.

"Have you faced a wraith by chance?" Asked the child.

"One I let loose. I took care of it." Once again gathered and in control, Angel formed again his bun demon.

"Warrior I beseech the! Free the spirits held against their will by this wraith! For five hundred long years have the families trapped here suffered at it's claws!"

The ghost child created ethereal images of orbs in her mist.

"The demon is empowered by three soul stones, each of which are guarded by powerful sentinals. Destroy each and the wraith shall be rendered weakened. Good luck my hero."

With a quick peck on the bunny's cheek, followed by several aw's and at least some general embarrassment, the child resumed her hiding.

"Battle plan!" I yell whilst jumping with a raised fist. Attention now on me I began my stratagem theorem.

"Now, there's main floor, second floor, and attic. Now from the floor plans Mayor Mare kindly gave me, the orbs will be most likely held in the bath house, the master bedroom, and the attic."

"What makes you say that?" Asked Pinkie.

"Trauma, if I was going to leave the biggest stain of anguish and hatred I'd do it in places that give the illusion of safety. Except for the attic, that's just a horror story given."

Nods and subtle agreements echoed within the group.

"Where does that leave the big bad?" Asked Rainbow Dash.

"Basement luv, you want to hide your dirty little secrets, you hide in the basement." Answered Spike.

"Right, while you guys split into three groups I will hack and slash away at the wraith as you destroy one orb each. Right? Break!"

Before I could be pestered by concerns I bolted like a bat outta hell.

-Twilight POV-

"And he's gone. Alright everypony we split into three groups. Each will consist of one unicorn to take point, two will have one Earth pony and one pegasus each."

"Where would that leave Spike, Angel, and me?" Asked Cadence.

"You'll be joining Shiny, keeping him safe and focused,"

"Hey!" Shining Armor whined.

"Leaving our dragonics as the odd ones out. Spike I'd like to ask you to keep my BBBFF and Cadence safe. They're both very dear to me,"

"Do you even have to ask? Said I'd be your assistant didn't I." Replied the now tiny dragon.

"I know, keep yourself safe too. Angel, I need to ask that you catch up to Master Azure. For as powerful and wise as he is, he is mentally scarred and fractured. Rarity, take Fluttershy and Applejack to the bath house. Pinkie Pie, you and Rainbow are with me,"

"Where are we g-going?" Asked Rainbow Dash.

"The attic. Everypony move out!" And with that, our teams split.

-Team S.S.C: Second floor-

Spike held point as Shining calmly inspected the floor. Cadence attempted to open the master bedroom, but found that not even powerful magic could move the door.

Upon magical disturbance a film like barrier flashed with twin hues as four ghosts began to assault the group.

"Cadence, when I say go, thrust your sword at me!" Said Shining Armor as he entrapped two of the four ghosts in a violet bubble. Seizing the moment, Spike shot a breath of fire at one ghost while impaling the other.

"GO!" Shouted Shining as he brought the bubble before himself, seconds close to being a pony on a sword. The ghosts no longer able to hold their form against the strike, dissolved into nothing.

"That was dangerous," Said Cadence, casually striking her coltfriend with her scabbard. "So don't do it again." Immediately kissing the point of injury.

"Don't suppose you two lovebirds noticed the doors just opened?" Interrupted Spike.

And lo, before the group were three doors now unlocked and open.

The door to the children's room, the master bedroom, and next to the already opened bathroom door was a large gilded door frame, an empty void within.

"Right, you two take the rooms, I'll go into the obvious trap." Said Spike as he casually stepped in.

-Darkness: Spike-

'Ugh bollocks I knew it was a trap. Black, black, more black, finely sculpted adonis of a-bloody hell...'

"It's about time you showed, started to worry bout you." Said "Spike" (Guess I'll call him William.)

"Don't tell me, you're the real "Spike" and you're here to kill me so you can live to ravage the world."

"I'm glad I was never without my smarts." Damn imposter started making his way forward, some sword in his hand.

'Sigh' "Alright, but before we dance, did you love her?"

"Sorry old boy, who?" 'Good, we're done here.'

It was a quick fight, metal doesn't do too well against scale, whereas dragon teeth are perfect for rending muscle.

Poor sod didn't even have time to react after the first swing. One thrust and he was dust, the room started to glow and some stone idol rose from the ground.

"Spike!? Oh my God, I was worried I had the wrong world..." Said a familiar disembodied voice.

"Chase!? How in the bloody hell are you here? In fact, why are you here?"

"When you and Angel disappeared I used my new higher being powers to find you. I thought I was lost and before I could relocate some weird My Little Pony horse took my totem and put it here,"

The idol started to glow and out came Cordi in a white gown.

"Spike you have to get out of here!"

"Tell me something I don't know, luv."

"No, not out of this room. I need to get you out of this WORLD. Some weird big bad is infecting this world and merging it with-"

"A computer game, I know. Look I understand the worry, but we'll be fine here. Is that idol keeping this room together?"

Cordelia started to look a little confused.

"Well yeah, it's the only thing letting me influence the world. Beside the point, I'm getting you and Angel out of here. The gang needs you, magic is out of balance and-what do you think you're doing with that spear?"

"Going home, it was nice talking. My soul is wrapped in harsh repose, midnight descends in raven-colored clothes."

"Spike don't, that's the only thing keeping me here and it's the only thing to get us out of this crazy world."

I stop not so much in hesitation, too old not to know what I want from life. No, it's just goodbye.

"A sunlight gleam, butting a swath of glimmering gleam." The spear is heavy in my small hands, but a swing breaks the statue, with it the world around me. No more darkness, no more higher beings, no more shadows of the past.

The hallway is the same way I left it, but Shining and Cadence were talking with a...bunny ghost?

"Saaaaaluuuutatiooons!" Said the axe wielding ghost rather happily.

PreviousChapters Next