• Published 3rd Sep 2015
  • 4,526 Views, 67 Comments

The Equestrian Omni-Knight - Azure5555



Artix Entertainment fueled Displaced story line of a young man thrust into a world of turmoil and strife, only to be imprisoned for wanting to overthrow it's oppressive regime.

  • ...
19
 67
 4,526

PreviousChapters Next
All roads Pt.3

The mare cradled in my arms fell to sleep, exhaustion having taken its toll on her. Veral opens the door to the main house and I walk to the guest room.

Entering the room, my back is tackled by a chitinous mass of bug pony.

“Master! Will you feed me again today? Your ghost said you would!” My changeling guest exclaims.

I freeze. Not because of the surprise, but because one of her legs is grazing a sweet spot on my back. I take my time and get a hold of myself and lay the still sleeping Trixie on to the bed and tuck her in.

The changeling only hung off of my neck, her legs no longer on my back.

I leave the room, close the door, and grab the bug off my back. She looks up at me expectantly and I stare back with a soft look.

“I’ll give you more love...if you tell me why you were hiding in the Everfree.” I say in a whisper.

She clicks her tongue and waits. And waits...and waits some more. “Um...I was following a pony from Canterlot. I'm a scoutfly.” The changeling finally states.

I tilt my head a bit and purse my lips. “Ho? Does this pony have a name?” I ask.

“My Armor Cadenzi!” They state happily.

“Mí Amoré Cadenzá.” I say in correction.

“Yeah her! I was supposed to give the okay to kidnap her, but then I lost contact with the hive...I still can't call them…” The bug pony’s wings began to flitter in distress until I put my hand on their head. They looked back at me and those eyes...my God those eyes were finger-licking adorable!

“Why did you need Cadence?” I asked as I sat down in a lotus position. The bug pony's back was cradled evenly in the crook of my legs.

“Our queen was planning to marry Captain Sinew Amor so she could invade Canterlot! Then all the hive would be fed and happy!”

“Captain Shining Armor.” I corrected again.

“Yeah...but then Cadenzi was gone and a pony almost saw me and then the wolves started to chase me and then...and then you gave me love!”

I began to tilt my head back and forth so to properly mull the info. “Okay, I thank you for your honesty. Now, how bout a meal and I can tuck you into bed. Would you like to stay here while you try and contact your hive?”

“Yes! I can be a good changeling and wait here for my hive! Love now?” Those eyes I swear…

I opened my mouth as the changeling in my lap did the same and a pinkish filmy aurora left mine and entered their own. The focused love of a being like me is like a knock out drug for these bug ponies...so the scoutfly was snoring wistfully after three short seconds.

“Veral…” I called out. The Moglord Ghost phased through the wall behind me and stood to attention. “Draw a bath, I need cleaning. Gather the Elements, we need to prepare. Find Berry Punch, I need more drink and if you can, buy some groceries so we have something to feed everypony with.”

I rose up from my position, the scoutfly still cradled in my arms. I take her to the guest room and laid her down with Trixie. I fish out a bag of about two hundred gold and make my way to the indoor bathhouse. Veral floated up to me as I handed her the sack.

“Don't forget to treat yourself to something nice, you’re my partner, not my servant.” I say as I gave her helmet a ruffle.

“Ya big softy…” replied Veral as she held my hand with her paws.

With that I made my way to a very well deserved bath...and I still had scale cleaner!


-Roughly Two Hours Later-

“Veral! You forgot my tow-” A dark blue towel floated over to me in an equally blue magical grip.

Grabbing the towel and drying off as best I could, I made my way to the dining room where the Elements had made themselves comfortable.

“Thanks for the towel Rarity.” I say a little embarrassed.

“Think nothing of it dear, although we really shouldn't make this a regular occurrence. Ponies talk you know.” She said with a bashful smile and equal embarrassment.

“Ahem, if y'all would focus instead of flirtin’?” Applejack jabbed.

Me and Rare then kinda devolved into sputtering wrecks as we tried to dismiss the obvious tension.

“Captain, Aj’s right. We have dragons incoming and we aren't near ready. We need more firepower.” Dash said in serious seriousness.

“You're telling me Diamond Dogs, Dracomancers, and Gryphons AREN'T enough firepower?” I ask incredulously.

“It's a great start Master,” Twilight began as she stopped to sip from a cup at her side. “But we have two to three days before contact and all we have is crystal armor. Dragons EAT gemstones like a pony eats hay.”

“What did you learn from my heart?” I ask my student.

“I-I’m sorry?” She said with a tinge of worry.

“You learned something right?” She gave a nod. “What did you learn?” I ask again.

“The-the frequency inlaid with the structural composition-”

“Booooring,” Interrupted Dash. “Common language please.” I gave the weather captain a death glare. Twilight took the time however to reword her findings.

“The magic reacts negatively to the sounds given off of the crystal body. Like it's foreign somehow. I tried my best to fix it…I’m sorry for dooming you like this.” She would have broken into sobs had my hand not started to massage her scalp.

I gave a reassuring Kamina-like smile. “There's our firepower. Pinkie?”

“Yeppers!” She said excitedly with a skybound hoof.

“You said Twilight helped you make those crystals. Was that entirely true?” I asked with a knowing smirk.

She looked away and started to whistle “The little Spanish flea” while Twilight gave her a suspicious look.

“I'm sorry, but my notes are currently under lock and key,” Twilight said as she pulled out a heavily enchanted notebook...with a broken lock. “That can't be right.”

“Pinkie, re-coat the town in that crystal and for the love of God please don't mess with Twilight like that again.” I say.

“No promises. She's fun when she's flustered!” Pinkie exclaimed happily with bedroom eyes leveled Twilight's way.

“I'm called for.” Twilight stated with an angry blush.

“Fooey!” Pinkie bolted out of the room and the house like a bat outta hell, no doubt off to paint the town red. So to speak…

“Well, if that's all that was buggin ya Ah’ll be on my way. Spike’s prob’ly missin’ me and the rest of the orchard needs ta be pick’d for them varmints show.” Applejack moved to leave before I put my hand on her shoulder.

“Not yet, I have something for each of you. Just don't open it now...or ever if you can help it.”

I pass out three scrolls, one to AJ, Fluttershy, and Rarity. Flutters then looked to me in confusion.

“You said you had something for all of us, oh I didn't mean to be rude…”

I gave a thumbs up and waved away her concern. “Yeah I did say all of you, but three of you have your scrolls already...isn't that right Dash.”

The pegasus in question paled and broke out in cold sweat. “I plead the fifth!” She cried.

“We aren't in an American court of law! How do you even know that!?” I ask.

“It was filed under MEMES/REFERENCES/INSIDE JOKES!” The other mares gave Dash a very strange look. “What, just because I'm not the world's most dangerous bookworm like Egghead doesn't mean I don't read,” Veral passed by and started to give out sandwiches and cups of plain water as Rainbow began to vigorously munch on her sandwich. “Do I look like some kind of uncultured swine?” She said between munches.

“No you look like a filthy casual,” I said in retort in which she proceeded to choke on her food in pained laughter. “Regardless, the kids and Turner have siege engines, Applejack, let Bloom and hers work on the wooden tanks so the town has a mobile defense unit.”

“On mah life!” Cried AJ. “Ya’ll must be two kindsa crazy to think I'd let that filly get hurt!” She slammed her hoof on the table for added effect.

Now it was her turn for the strange looks…

“Yea yea...MEMES/REFERENCES/INSIDE JOKES…” The farm girl relented.

“Applejack I'm afraid Azure is right. I love my Sweetie to death but their training should have begun months ago. Maybe it's time?” Rarity said with a hint of sadness.

But...that was strange. “I'm sorry what training?” I asked.

“Oh um...a pony begins their warrior training after nine years of age.” Said Fluttershy in a near whisper.

“Or when they discover their cutie mark! Applebloom ain't trainin’ nothin’ til then!” AJ stated in defiance.

“Right, I won't bring it up again... Twilight where's Oracle?” I ask.

Twilight takes a good long swig of the drink by her hoof and gave a sigh of relief. “She’s safe, last time I saw her Shiny was braiding her mane.”

I nodded and waved at Veral. “And my Moonpie?” I asked Twilight.

Veral set out two bowls, one each of melted cheese and fried tortilla chips.

“She’s...uh...sh-she’s doing…could you take away the bowls? I-I'm getting flashbacks…” Twilight eked out as she quivered in fear.

'Oh right... Quesadillas…’ I shake my head and take the bowl and start to get out of my chair only for Veral to push me down gentle.

“I’ll take THAT. I'll have a nice salsa and guacamole out in a bit.” Veral said as she took the bowl of cheese. “I have a spicy mango sauce too, one of us here as an avocado allergy.”

“Thanks Vi I love you too!” I shouted as she had already flown off.

I clap my hands together, gathering everypony’s attention again. “Alright, that's business. Of course if anyone wants dinner?” I say with hope.

Rainbow’s head shot up and her eyes brightened. “Veral is absolutely LEGENDARY for her cooking!” She exclaimed.

“How do you-” I tried to inquire while the others gave her another funny look.

“Well, I went back to the archives and picked up a lexicon on all your partners. Veral was the caravan’s cook! There's an entire recipe book dedicated to her.” The pegasus explained. Her excitement sort of died though as she started to knock her hooves together. “Sorry, I gotta bail, still gotta train. Hey maybe once this is all over I can take you up on that offer!”

With that Dash flew off, followed by AJ who tipped her at as she left for the door.

“I need a better lock, so I’ll have to eat at the library. I'm sorry master.” Twilight bowed and took her leave.

Rarity also seemed disappointed as she took her leave as well. “Apologies darling...maybe another night?” She flashed a smile and sauntered off.

That only left…”Hey Flutters, you probably have a large workload so it's cool if you-”

“I want to stay,” I looked at her with happy surprise. “Um...Angel wants me to get out more and I'm rather famished…” She says with a burning blush.

“Cool. We have company but they're asleep, is that alright with you?” I ask with a tilted head and small smile.

“Oh of course...I don't mind.” She replies as her blush disappears, replaced by a courageous smile. Though still rather small.

Veral brings out two plates of three tortillas drenched in a somewhat soupy tomato sauce.She then places grated cheese, cream, parsely, and sliced onion upon the table.

“Entomatadas tonight folks! We’ve got enough tortilla for a family of twenty, so don't be shy about seconds!” Veral said happily. “Oh and I have two jars of flavored water, lime or hibiscus?”

“Um...hibiscus please.” Said Fluttershy.

“I’ll have some of tha-” Veral quickly put a paw to my mouth.

“Don't you worry, I have your drink ready. Be right back!” And with that the ghost was gone.

...Ah yes. The awkward silence must be kicking in. Then I remembered and realized and...oh this is gonna suck.

“Fluttershy I need you to tell me what happened in the bath house. What really happened.”

I expected her to try and hide behind her mane or to tell me how mistaken I was, she did something completely different. She got up, walked to the door, dug through her saddlebags and walked right back.

“I...I guess I have a few things to get off my chest. Your robes,” She put my lumenomamcer robes onto the table, neatly folded and smelling like sunshine and daffodils. “I’m...I’m A monster…”

“Oh come on, you say that even when you-” Darkened eyes shut my mouth closed.

“I killed the sea monster. Cut through it's forehead. I didn't realize it until it already happened.” She started to circle the table with her hoof as she stuffed her mouth with food.

I started to engulf my plate in cheese as I waited with bated breath.

She gulped down her food and emptied her cup. “More!” Veral rushed in from the door frame she was hiding in and refilled the empty cup. Twice. Thrice. God damn that girl can drink…

“Then came the Diamond Dogs...oh poor Angel bunny, he didn't need any of that.” She hiccuped as beads of tears formed on her eyes. So I did the only thing I could. I put my cup in front of her and put my hand on her shoulder.

“Drink this one. You need it more than I do, but take it slow yeah? Some powerful stuff.”
She took the cup and wet her lips with the powerful liquid. “Now, tell me about the Dogs.”

She gave a nod and recounted to me a...well...my God...dear Lord man...this wasn't PG anymore. Teeth flew, fur was singed, ears were pulled, bones were broken and black eyes all around.

“You forced them into submission? What happened to the stare!? Wha- I mean but you don-” She looked at me again, pain and guilt upon her face...but also conviction. Purpose. Duty.

“They wanted to eat him, laughed at me while they piled on top of him after knocking him out...I snapped.”


-And the hits just keep on…-

I decided I needed to know the events first hand to better understand the monster this kind and timid mare thought herself be...so I read her mind.

Ho...ly...crap. It started off well enough. The two entered the cave, made first contact, failed, and immediately readied for battle. Angel with his new sword and Flutters in the lumenomancer.

An armored Dachshund crushed a boulder on Angel’s head both knocking the poor bastard unconscious and reverting him to his bunny state.

Three Yorkies then piled on top of Angel with the Dachshund and Fluttershy LOST it...

Three Elemental Fists slammed the Yorkies off as Fluttershy used an Elemental Dive to jettison herself forward unto the Dachsund, both impacted a cave wall making a sizeable crater, only where the Dachshund was knocked out cold Fluttershy was perfectly fine and had an Elemental Fist coated hoof holding the burly beast in place.

“Don't you ever...hurt my Angel Bunny again…” Venom seeped through her voice like waste from a power plant.

The smart dogs turned tail and dug deeper into the caverns. The brave dogs had their limbs broken in a way that though no major damage was done...well they wouldn't be able to use those limbs like they normally would have.

Then there were the stupid ones. The ones that goaded her and kept trying to bite at or claw at the injured rabbit.

Many a castrato was born that day.

She continued her onslaught only until she came upon a Doberman dressed in a sort of formal wear space suit and a star tattooed over his right eye. A crimson guitar leaned on his throne of stone.

“Well now that's not something we see everyday is it? What can I do for you love?” The dog asked. He leaned forward and rested his chin on his paws.

“There's an invasion coming. You're going to help us.” Fluttershy stated coldly.

“Now I don't think that's something I can agree to. Especially not after all the noise you've made.” The dog leaned back and crossed his legs. “What's in it for all of us now?”

“Your lives.” Her eyes took on an almost unnoticeable dark shade of blue.

“From the big bad? I think we’ll manage.”

Fluttershy briefly flashed from existence and flashed right back with a Labrador held in an Elemental Fist. “No, from me.”


-Present Day-

“No yeah. What happened to you!?” I yell in very palpable fear.

“I don't knoooow! I-well- my mother...something bad happened to me once and...I almost died and…” She buried her face in what was left of my chest, I did the only thing I could and ran my hand through her hair.

“There there. It's all right, you're safe now. Angel made a full recovery right?” She gave a nod. “Look I really hate to ask this but…” She pulled away and have me the saddest puppy dog eyes in existence. “Will...will you fight for us?”

She whimpered and dug her head back into my chest and nodded. I eased her away, took three forkfuls of the cheese infested meal on my plate and fished out a burgundy and cobalt armor decorated with spikes. She seemed... apprehensive.

“This will be your armor. It holds a very special place in my heart.” Fluttershy then stared at where it was my heart was supposed to be. “Metaphorically speaking.”

“Oh um, I...I knew that.” ‘Sure ya did.’ “How do I carry it?” She asks as she begins to size up the armor. “And how do I wear it if it's meant for...humans?” She looked up at me more than likely wondering if she said ‘human’ correctly.

“Put your hoof on its chest and feel it. Open your heart and soul to it.” She did as I said and the armor began to fold and curve as it retrofit itself for pony use. She shivered as it encased her from the neck down. When the process was over she knocked her plated hoof onto the ground and took a few steps.

“Oh my. It feels like I'm wearing nothing at all.” She began to circle around herself to get a better view of the rest of her body.

‘Don't think it...don't you think it…’ Then I thought it.

“Gah! Stupid Sexy Flanders!” I screamed

“The...Simpsons?” I double took and looked at Fluttershy.

“Don't tell me....”

Memes/References/Inside Jokes.” We said in unison. I giggled a bit and so did she.

“How do I-” The armor flashed brightly and a diamond shaped cobalt and burgundy earring hung daintily off of her left ear. “Oh my, it's beautiful.”

“Fashionable and convenient. I wonder if I can do that...ah well, question for another day. You want I should clean up the upstairs bedroom for you?” I ask Fluttershy.

“Oh no, I couldn't impose, and I have duties to attend to in the morning. Thank you for the kind offer and for the food as well.” The pegasus walked off gently humming “You Are My Sunshine”.

The light of day looked to be dying as I gazed into the open door. A yawn was caught in my throat, as I lazily made my way to my quarters.

I land on the bed face first and feel sleep take me.

A blitzkrieg of random...I can't really put a finger on what it was I was going through.

One minute, a disgruntled earth pony with a thick white mustache, and military buzz cut is chastising me because my wood cutting form is off, and the next minute I'm in a cubicle getting flooded by paperwork. No you don't understand, the files and documents liquified and FLOODED the cubicle.

Events such as these went on for what seemed like an eternity until I finally figured out what was actually going on.

“These are nightmares.” And everything stopped. A badger was stuck biting my leg, I had a crying foal in my arm, my hair was on fire, and a drill sergeant was shouting at me telling me to “Be prepared”. But...none of it was real.

Okay that's not fair to the ponies having these nightmares. It's not real to me. So, one by one, I carefully and meticulously worked my way backwards and put each echoing nightmare to rest.

“Well, you're form’s still a ways ta go, but you got the work done.” A hatchet hung lazily in my grasp as I panted for air, a veritable mountain of wood towering behind me.

“Thanks chief, same time tomorrow.” I tell the mustached stallion.

“Of course son, now go on. Git.”

I awoke with a jump at the sound of the morning roost. A gentle knock at my door gve me the will to stand upon my feet.

“Yeah, just a minute…” I drolled lazily.

“Master, you'll want to see this..” I heard Veral call out.

It sounded important, so I put on my best robes, slapped my face a couple times and gave a good gutteral...yell? Screach? It was a very loud rumbling moan. Yeah that.

Throwing the door open I made my descent into my awaiting doom, wherein sat a Rottweiler, Lord Cyrus, Gilda (whom now sported golden gladiator armor) and Shining Armor.

Faint sounds could be heard from the kitchen, no doubt my guests were having trouble deciding on breakfast.

“So...what can I do for you?” All eyes went straight to me, breaking the group from their own chat.

“Pack Alpha sent me, need info on dragon.” The Rottweiler stated calmly.

“Cyrus didn't fill you in sir…? Come on someone help me out here.”

“Scruffy. Tell me what you know..”

“Akriloth is a single minded would be world conquerer who has no idea we have the bane of his existence at arms reach. He's big, he's mean, and he's dead weight,”

I pull up a chair, give it a one-eighty, and plop myself down. I lazily hung my arms off the head rest.

“Anything else Scruffy? Or do you want me to tell you the sad tale of Major Tom?”

The war dog gave a solemn nod as if remembering an old friend. “I knew Tom, good hound really. *Sigh* He sold the world for nothing...I’ll be off now. Things in the underground need tending to.”

And with that, he was gone.

“How long have the dogs been in contact with us?” I ask.

“Quite some time now. Fluttershy's got them under her hoof. How she did it, I'll never know.” Gilda stated in pride.

“So long as they're on our side I have no complaints, especially now that it looks like the Pactagonal knights won't be joining us.” Shining stated.

“You know I've met Sir Loin before, very good cook.” Cyrus said happily.

“Back when he still had hands?” Asked Shining.
This garnered a laugh from the Dracomancer.

“He certainly knew how to use a cleaver.” Cyrus tilted his head back, a spec of saliva began to form on his lips.

“Cyrus! Dream about fresh steak later! We're here on...what are we even here for?”

“FOOD!”

Bursting from the kitchen, Veral, the changeling, and Trixie began to drop plate after plate upon the dining room table. When the last plate was placed, the trio huddled and began to sing.

Be. Our. Guest. Be our guest…

It was...A feast to remember. As they danced and sung, they would casually spoon feed us some of the various dishes they had prepared.

Before you ask, yes. There was pudding en flambé. It was breathtaking…not to mention the frilly little dresses they chose to wear...made em look good enough to ea-NO. BAD. That's the beast talking...heheh. Beast.

Veral stopped mid flight and eyed me. “Master? What's wrong? You don't look like yourself. And I ain't talking about your eye.”

“It's nothing Vi, honest. Thank you for the meal, provecho.”

With that said, I made my way out, waving to my guests as they bid me farewell.

Finding myself in the backyard I thought it time to finally see just what that Dracolich was holding in it's gut. Popping the hatch of the basement and lighting an orb, I started to take inventory of what it was I was keeping down here.

Two giant orbs of compressed magic, one of raw Mana and the other of Chronitons.

Two sealed elemental werewolves, one cryonic and the other pyronic.

And lastly, one giant dragon skeleton and a large wooden chest lined with gold. I kicked the chest as it opened with a satisfying pop.

Sitting inside was a massive pile of gold coins, a dragon bone Scimitar, and the Prime Elemental orb of Darkness…with a note.

First, about the orbs. There are eight of these bad boys in total. Nine if you count the bacon orb. Alone, these power cells of pure elemental might could level a city or shape the bodies of whatever the element they encompass to the will of the user.

Currently in my possession is the orb of Wind and now the orb of Darkness. If say a raging fire dragon wanted these orbs...it would mean blistering deserts would cover the earth as scorched undead killed anything and everything that still moved.

Onto the note.

To whomever it may concern, I have spent

Years of my own life ensuring that this focal
Point of darkness not fall into the wrong hooves
If you are reading this then know that you hold
A terrifying weapon capable of the deaths of
Thousands lo be it that the last crystal dragon
Be its keeper

Cherry Fiz

I took one good long look at 'Cherry Fiz’s’ last dying words before grasping the sword and finally...the orb.

“So, all roads lead to this.”

Author's Note:

Well folks, gettin reeeeaaaal close to the big one. I would've wanted to put it all up now (especially since it's my birthday today, 23 on 23!) But with the disaster in Mexico and me fearing for my life because hey I'm living here IN Mexico...well things have been wierd. Next chapter will be another interlude and after that...

Just wait and see.

PreviousChapters Next