• Published 3rd Sep 2015
  • 4,517 Views, 67 Comments

The Equestrian Omni-Knight - Azure5555



Artix Entertainment fueled Displaced story line of a young man thrust into a world of turmoil and strife, only to be imprisoned for wanting to overthrow it's oppressive regime.

  • ...
19
 67
 4,517

Chapters Next
What Once Was

The Omni-Knight blade...

It's just a plain sword with absolutely nothing going for it.

...Except for the fact that it's the link to my full power!

I can't worry about that though, it's been what? 1200? 1400 years I've been imprisoned here? And for what? All because some matriarch thought: "Oh, I have complete faith in the ruling class and so I'll let them handle the poor on their own terms."

The worst part is I lost a lot of good men and women in that war. Okay, so they weren't exactly bipedal...or human. Okay so a FEW were bipeds.

-SIGH- We could have won the war. Overthrow the current regimes, wash out the remaining nobles. I could have seen them lead perfectly normal lives.

I think it was the first month. That's when she started taunting me. Her words had been emotionless enough, but I could feel through the thick layer of magical stone that she reveled in it.

I could feel the satisfaction radiating off of her as she described in great detail of how one by one, she would and did torture my friends.

Tortured them until all that was left was their broken bodies, and their empty minds.

I know she did it out of spite, she's jealous of what I had. I didn't have slaves bound by the shackles of duty and privilege.

I had friends, comrades willing to walk side by side with each other into hell for a heavenly cause.

But all that is gone now. My friends are long dead. And I have remained in my prison for 1400 and 89 years.

How did I let this happen to me...why did I expect any different.


1489 years ago

“ALRIGHT!! Imagina XX2 time!” It was good day for buying merch, and with the only sociably acceptable three day grace period finally arriving in Oaxaca de Juarez, I was more then ready for three days of utter debauchery.

I didn't have a costume set up, not really anyway. I already used my Terry Bogard outfit, and my Tails costume was lacking, so I went as I normally would. This is usually the part where I have my friends by my side, but as I was in a completely different country I had no one to go with except my family.

But in cases like these, it was always safer to go alone so as not to deal with whatever mob awaited you. Armed with 200 Pesos, my backpack and a sweater with deep pockets, I made my way to the con hall.

The first two days were just me checking all the stalls for “Questionable merchandise”. What do I mean? Anything and everything related to my favorite animated show about magical talking ponies of course. Now normally one would think: “It's a free world, you should enjoy the things you like.” These people don't live in Mexico. But that isn't important, what's important is what I found on day three in between the merch.

It was a small stall, tucked into the farthest corner of the building. No one seemed to pay attention to it as the stage was just eight stalls away.

The guy was wearing a big black cloak with gray pauldrons. His hood covering his eyes. His wares consisted of knives, crystal balls, pony merch, arm guards, tarot cards, yu-gi-oh cards, and one very specific item which had immediately caught my eye.

“Ho...see something you like?”

“That woona pillow looks kinda neat and-*AHEM EH... Perdón señor, pero no entiendo muy bien lo que acabas de decir!”

“Oh ho, no sense in denying it now is there?”

I take a good look around to make sure no one was in on this convo.

“No one else is here to eavesdrop. No need for such paranoia.”

He spoke with such a calm and commanding tone. And he was a foreigner. Two red flags so quickly.

“Y-yeah. I guess not. So about that pillow...” I try to take the focus off the item I originally noticed.

“Now now, isn't this what you were eyeing not but a few moments ago?” He then nonchalantly waves his hand over a small sword. I say sword because it is in the likeness of something called the Omni-Knight Blade, only the item on the table was no bigger than my index finger.

“Why not examine it closer, hm?”

“You sure?”

He once again gestured to the item, and so I lift it from the table...


It's almost weightless and had a small indentation on the tip of the blade. I pop it off and find a USB- contact.

“It's a...It's a flash drive?”

“Surprise!” Here's the twisted part. His 'surprise' was said with quite possibly the cheeriest smile imaginable, but he went completely stone cold afterwords.

“I give this to you as a token of goodwill, but be warned. All things have a price...”

“Dude...you're freaking me out.”

“15 pesos more and you can have the pillow!”

THE EMOTIONAL ROLLER COASTER!!!

“But no seriously,” He went completely dark on me again.

“What you hold isn't a toy. It carries with it more power than even YOU can imagine. Please, use it wisely.”

I left the convention hall a little confused. I mean, for all I know I was just trolled by a nation hopping AE staff member that may or may not have given me the keys to the in-game mother-load of a lifetime.

Not one to waste time, I plug my laptop into an outlet and turn on the power.

Start up, start up, start up, password, load time, aaaaaaand full access!

'Let's plug this bad boy in and see what we've...Oh dear.'

My computer starts to act up bad, bad as in hijacked bad. Absolutely none of my keys or buttons respond to a thing I do and so my only option is unplugging my laptop from the outlet. No battery means instant death, instant death means chance of repair.

'You see, this is what happens when you buy things from Europeans!' I mentally scream. But, as I reach for the plug that is my power cord, my computer restores user control and a window with AE's Omni symbol plastered on it's back appears.

Load complete: Please enter account name(s) and password(s).

“Question! Do I really want to trust this malicious program?” I say to no one in particular.

All information confidential, please continue Omni-Knight

'My computer just talked back to me. Various levels of nope this is.'

….................................................In the words of the great Jon Tron. “Fuck it.”

I use three slots on each entry, the info for my DF, AQ, and AQW accounts.

Hitting enter was both the greatest and worst mistake I ever made in the history of ever.

Author's Note:

Small edits cause I felt like it

Chapters Next