• Published 3rd Sep 2015
  • 4,516 Views, 67 Comments

The Equestrian Omni-Knight - Azure5555



Artix Entertainment fueled Displaced story line of a young man thrust into a world of turmoil and strife, only to be imprisoned for wanting to overthrow it's oppressive regime.

  • ...
19
 67
 4,516

PreviousChapters Next
Interlude Three: The Gang's All Here.

Lunch time, that estranged point between third and fourth period that doesn't know if it should exist or not in it's current state of being.

It was these points where Sunset would sit in the crowded lunch area alone with her thoughts. Current thought: Last night's patrol with Connor.

Most demons round the city either knew Connor personally or "had" known him personally.

This usually included but was not limited to: Old clients of his dad (Who he speaks fondly of), Old victims of his or his dad (most of these demons had it coming and recognising Connor immediately cowered in fear), or new friends he made in Canterlot City.

As it currently stood, a friend of the Destroyer's was a friend of theirs. The added info they brought proved monumental as well. In one night Sunset managed to learn two things.

One: Malicious activity was strictly vampire or rogue demon.

Two: Vampires would appear from anywhere at anytime without rhyme or reason so as to kidnap as many unsuspecting civilians for their growing army.

Now if only these things from Hell could tell her where this vampire infestation originated from that would be gre-

"Hi Sunset!!" Shouted a rather ecstatic Pinkie Pie.

Sunset mentally groaned, and slammed her forehead into the table.

Pinkie plopped down next to her, quickly followed by the rest of her friends. How was it that just being around them gave her renewed vigor?

That or it could just be the coffee she downed three seconds ago.

"Sunset," Said Rarity as she got comfortable on the cold bench. "It has come to our attention that you've been...How can I put this delicately?"

"Ya'll ave been comin' to school lookin like somethin' outta Pinkie Pie's B-list horror collection!" Stated Applejack.

"Hey! There's nothing wrong with Troll 2! It's a classic." Said Rainbow Dash in defense of her friend. Said friend currently donning a horrendous green troll mask.

"Pinkie's outlandish taste in film aside, well...we're absolutely worried sick!"

Sunset gave a good blink of her eyes...then turned to Fluttershy.

"You have anything to add?"

"Um...I...I miss our Confidence sessions." Fluttershy said quietly.

Confidently...but still rather quietly.

"They been helping you so far?" Asked Sunset.

"Oh yes very much so! It helped me get one new volunteer for the animal shelter this morning."

Sunset actually witnessed the event, it was a boy Fluttershy had her eye on for quite some time. He was a grungie, punkish young lad with a heart of gold and the voice of a very melancholic angel.

Both young teens pined for the attention of the other with neither knowing how to obtain it.

"I think I remember seeing you talking to someone," Said Sunset. "He's kinda cute don't you think?"

Sunset gave a slight smirk.

Hopefully this would derail the previous conversation in three...two...

"Oh a boy! Fluttershy, dear! Why, I'm almost hurt you never mentioned anyone yo-oof" Rarity was elbowed out of her surprise by Applejack, whom now glared daggers at Sunset.

"Rarity, she's tryin ta change the subject?"

"Oh...yes...quite. Really, the nerve miss Shimmer!"

"Please don't call me miss Shimmer." Interjected Sunset.

"Now you shall tell us why you haven't been...your best...this instant!"

"You really wanna know? See me in the library. All of you, it's important. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go hide in a broom closet and get some sleep."


The group of five stood before the daunting doors of the library, neither moving an inch and neither wishing to disturb the silence.

...That was until a faint echo of wood impacting against wood could be heard.

“Bo staffs…” Whispered Rainbow Dash.

“You mean they’re filming a kung-fu movie?” Asked Pinkie Pie.

“Or Sunset could be fighting for her life! Quickly!” Exclaimed a worried Rarity.

Bursting through the doors, the group turned their attention to an ajar bookcase door. The sounds of wood becoming louder the closer they came until…

*crack*thump* “Oomph, best two of three Miss Shimmer?”

“If it means seeing you sprawled on the floor we CAN make this a first to five.”

“Who is that with her?” Asked Fluttershy.

“That's what we're here to find out darling.”

The group entered the secret room and found themselves in a wide dojo. Armaments of wood and steel lined the walls, training dummies and punching bags lay scattered, and in the midst was Sunset Shimmer and the librarian.

“Landsakes…”

“Ah the gang's all here then?” Stated a slightly winded Wesley. “You must have many questions I presume.”

“Yeah, like how did you even get this stuff through school security!?” Shouted Rainbow.

“Or why was Sunset beatin’ ya senseless with a stick?” Added Applejack.

“It's a bo staff and-wait no not important.” Sunset retrieved the weapons and placed them upon the racks. “You wanted to know what's been keeping me so tired.”

“You mean it ISN'T beating up the school librarian!?” Asked Pinkie.

“This will take longer than I thought,” Said Wesley. “Tea anyone?”

Tea was served and enjoyed in the darker portion of the library, The Occult section.

It was there that the five learned of every beast and monster that went bump in the night. Some took the information well, others…

“Absolutely not! Sunset you shall cease this gallivanting at once!” Yelled Rarity.

“And leave people to die? Not happening.”

“But you don't have the same traits as the slayer.” Stated Fluttershy.

Wesley was the one to interject at this statement.

“She has proven herself more than capable as a slayer, and of course she exhibits the traits.”

“Well…” The group looked at Sunset, she looked away and began playing with her thumbs.

“Of course you’re the slayer, what else could you be?” Asked Wesley.

“A magical talking horse from a land OF magical talking horses?” Said Sunset in a worried tone.

“Oh..MY..GOSH! You have to tell me everything! Are they friendly? Do they have woodland critters there t-mphMMPH!?” Applejack, subduing her friend, (of whom had decided to excitedly get in Sunset’s personal space) decided to question this.

“C’mon sugarcube, yer joking. Right?”

“She may not be…” Whispered Wesley. Before the group was a now burning Sunset. Flames danced upon her as they settled and solidified. Golden armor shined
, a red cape flew in nonexistent wind and a blazing sword
hung from her hip.

The final nails in the coffin were the loss of her ears in favor of a more primal pair set atop her head and a long flowing tail of crimson and gold.

“My word…”

“So awesome…”

“Such power…”

*GONG* *GONG*

“Oh dear it seems we’ve overstayed our welcome, does everyone have a ride?” Asked Wesley.

There had been nods all around save for one.

“Oh no...I told Shining I’d meet him at the shelter today! What if he’s worried about me!?” Cried Fluttershy.

“I'm sure he knows you're fine. C’mon it's getting late.” Stated a now normal Sunset.


The sun set upon a saddened day, the group crowding around their vehicles to end said day.

At least they would have were it not for the charcoal black Interceptor making its skidding entrance.

The beast bore tinted windows, spots of scratched and exposed metal, and one ice blue shield with an amethyst starburst emblazoned on the hood.

“Sh-Shining…”

The door opened to reveal a young man with messy blue hair wearing a ripped jacket and equally ripped black jeans.

“Fluttershy! You’re okay! Where were you?”

“Oh...I...w-was with-”

“She was with friends. Might I say darling, black is not your color.”

“They were my grandfather’s, it’s getting late…do you...maybe want a ride home?”

“Ooh, well a lady doesn't usua-oh...you meant Fluttershy,” Rarity gave an embarrassed laugh and tightly hugged her shy friend. “Run along now dear, you shouldn't keep a man waiting.”

The two shared an embrace and made their merry way. Applejack however gave her friend a questioning glare.

“Ya’ll best stay outta that girl’s way ya hear?”

“Oh come now Applejack, a little friendly banter never hurt anyone.” Replied Rarity.

Her remaining friends would have pressed the issue were it not for the pitch black Impala and cobalt blue Challenger skidding to a halt inches away from the group.

“Hey Sunset I’m here to take you-”

“Hey Sunset I’m here to take you-”

The drivers exited their respective vehicles, and gave a once over of the other. Neither seemed impressed.

“Like I said,” Stated Connor. “I’m taking her home.”

“Sorry Pal,” retorted Flash. “But I’m taking her to the movies.”

“No sorry, Connor’s right. I’m going home. Bye girls, I’ll try and get some sleep tonight.”

Flash Sentry, most popular teenager in all of Canterlot High’s history had just been shot down...if he could even call it that.

The pair drove off into the sunset, leaving behind an awestruck Sentry with his jaw hanging ever so low.

The lot emptied, tumbleweed rolled past, a librarian spoke.

“I'd suggest heading home Mister Sentry, these nights haven't been very safe.”

Author's Note:

Sorry I took so long, life kinda happened and my computer is dead, but hey here I am.

Onwards!

PreviousChapters Next