• Published 10th Aug 2015
  • 20,639 Views, 7,064 Comments

Wily's Wittle Wub - Tatsurou



Dr. Albert Wily wakes up one morning with an infant Vinyl Scratch clinging to his bald head. There goes the neighborhood.

  • ...
56
 7,064
 20,639

PreviousChapters Next
9: Not Having as Much Fun

As Mega Man continued forward, he found himself making his way down an open, straight corridor with few enemies. Unfortunately, those few were far more durable than any he'd encountered before, making them exceptionally difficult to destroy. Once past them, Mega Man stumbled into a room where manipulated gravity caused him to slowly float towards the ceiling. As he started to feel the beginnings of vertigo and nausea, he disabled his artificial digestive system, putting those aspects in standby and negating the sensations. "There are times where I am glad to be a robot," he mumbled to himself as he continued to float.

At first, Mega Man couldn't figure out how to maneuver as he slowly floated upward, and fired off his buster in frustration. The recoil, to his surprise, sent him floating backwards. Turning, he fired again, and slowed himself down until he was once more going straight up. "This is going to be interesting..."

As he floated upward, he carefully used this method to dodge around floating mini-devil enemies, doing his best not to shoot the blobs of goo because doing so caused them to burst into smaller blobs that scattered, making them harder to avoid. Eventually, he reached the ceiling and was able to grab hold of a ladder, climbing to the next level.

The next corridor forced Mega Man to maneuver carefully around spike balls on floor and ceiling, as well as small flying enemies that attempted to knock him into the spikes with shots and ramming. He then dropped down, making his way past several areas that let him replenish some of his energy reserves to better prepare for what was to come.

Beyond there, Mega Man found another altered gravity chamber, which he was able to maneuver in much the same way as before, though now there were spike balls and the occasional flying claw enemies in addition to the mini-devils. Thankfully, Mega Man was able to stay out of the activation range of the claws so they couldn't drag him into the spikes.

After that, Mega Man made his way through another narrow corridor with enemies, spike balls, and pits. Making his way past it, Mega Man found a straight drop into the room with the next Fortress Guardian. This Guardian proved to be two spheres of goo, one green one yellow, with a control core in the green sphere. The two spheres floated in opposite corners of the room, sending tiny blobs out to interchange in paths meant to hit Mega Man, and the control core could only damaged when it was passing between spheres. In an attempt to hold it out longer, Mega Man tried shooting it with the Black Hole Bomb. While the momentary singularity didn't slow it down, it did cause a major fault in its systems, drastically damaging the control core. "Guess I know its weakness," Mega Man murmured as he continued to evade.

Five shots later, the Guardian fell apart as the control core broke, allowing Mega Man to make his way further forward.


The next part of the Fortress felt like the final, as it was a narrow path leading straight downward with few enemies or obstacles. The only enemies were the occasional Mettool, and the only obstacles were short spike pits and lasers that had to be blocked using Concrete Shot. Once past it all, a straight drop led Mega Man to a chamber with eight teleport capsules, only five of which were functional. He sighed at the sight. "Guess I know what happened to the ones I sent for repairs..." he murmured softly, jumping into the first active capsule.

Concrete Man awaited him there...but it quickly became apparent to Mega Man that he'd been badly tweaked, resulting in him being little more than a berserker combat bot...and a sub-par one at that, as his combat abilities were far below anything Mega Man could handle. Even without using a special weapon to target his weakness, Concrete Man was disabled with little trouble. As the fight went on, however, Mega Man found himself growing angrier.

Once Concete Man was disabled, Mega Man went to each of the other capsules, quickly disabling Jewel Man, Tornado Man, Hornet Man, and Plug Man, relying only on his stun buster in hopes of keeping them intact for repairs. Once they were all disabled, a ninth capsule awaited him, taking him to yet another new area.

He found himself in a massive chamber, unable to see the distant walls or ceiling. Before long, a massive mecha dropped down, resembling a T-Rex with a Wily style skull for a head. After landing heavily on the ground, it levitated upward and began spitting green eggs with yellow spots at Mega Man, which bounced towards him.

Mega Man dodged the first few eggs as he thought about this. Alright, he deduced. If this were one of Wily or Vinyl's mechs, there'd be an obvious trick to beat it that was a trap, and a less obvious trick that's the actual way to beat it without injuring the pilot or pilots thereof. But I know this is someone trying to make it look like Wily or Vinyl, and isn't as clever as they are since I was able to determine it was a frame up way too soon. So...it'll be the obvious trick method. Following that, Mega Man shot one of the bouncing eggs, making it bounce back into the skull of the mech and explode.

When the skull exploded after taking enough shots, a cockpit was revealed with what looked like Wily sitting in the cockpit. Mega Man didn't have time to investigate, as it immediately started spitting fire at him and trying to crush him by landing on him. The stomps were easy to evade, and Mega Man focused on taking out the flamethrower at the mech's 'mouth'.

When the flamethrower broke, it caused a chain reaction destroying the mecha, leaving the cockpit to fly off. It then began to warp around the chamber, shooting energy balls at Mega Man. Since Mega Man didn't have time to aim and dodge, he switched to Hornet Chaser and let the weapon hunt the target down while he focused on evasion.

When the cockpit finally exploded, the 'Wily' inside leapt away, running for it. However, Mega Man was able to get a scan of it...and discovered that it was a robot designed to imitate humans. Mega Man immediately leveled his buster, intending to take it down and bring it back for investigation. However, the moment he started charging his buster the bot self destructed, leaving nothing behind to bring back but the brief scan he'd gotten.

As Mega Man continued to investigate the Fortress control center, he found it was the source of the signal jamming. Once he shut that down, he'd be in contact with Vinyl again. However...he had a decision to make before he did. If he reported the entire event officially, there was enough evidence to implicate Vinyl and/or Wily, and not enough to investigate further. However, if he acted to keep them from being implicated, then he wouldn't be able to investigate who had created that copy robot.

After thinking for a time, he shut down the comm-jammer. Before long, he got an incoming call. "Mega Man!" Vinyl called out in his ear. "I'm getting a signal through. Do you know what happened?"

"Looks like some sort of mechanical issue," Mega Man replied. "I'll give you a full report face to face."

Vinyl was silent for a time. "Got it, Rock," she stated finally. "Can you bring the malfunctioning bots back?"

"That I can do," Mega Man confirmed. "Galaxy Man will provide a shuttle."

"See you soon then," Vinyl agreed, cutting the line.

PreviousChapters Next