• Published 10th Aug 2015
  • 20,634 Views, 7,064 Comments

Wily's Wittle Wub - Tatsurou



Dr. Albert Wily wakes up one morning with an infant Vinyl Scratch clinging to his bald head. There goes the neighborhood.

  • ...
56
 7,064
 20,634

PreviousChapters Next
VSW-018: Denoument

Mega Man lay back on the work table as Dr. Light worked on reattaching his limbs. "How bad's the damage, Dad?" he asked worriedly.

"Not all that bad, actually," Dr. Light replied. "Clean breaks at all points, so I just need to replace the connectors and reattach. More time consuming than difficult."

"That's good," Mega Man whispered gratefully. "Just wish I'd...actually managed to make the capture..."

"You would have had to let them go anyway," Dr. Light commented idly.

Mega Man's head shot up as far as it could without benefit of limb flexing. "What do you mean?"

"Albert's legal team finally got done working through the courts," Dr. Light explained, doing his best to suppress chuckles. "The final court decision is that neither he nor Vinyl has actually done anything illegal."

Mega Man could only stare, completely stupefied. "...what?"

"That's the reaction of the press, too," Dr. Light explained, unable to suppress his chuckles anymore. "But that's the straight legalities of it-"

"But he stole Guts Man and the others!" Mega Man complained.

"At the time, he had half ownership," the good doctor corrected, "and since you destroyed them under my directives from the legal standpoint, I void my right to press charges over the loss of my half."

"And all the damage they caused-"

"To places Wily owned outright," Tom countered. "With a clause in the renting contract about potential disruptions of business or residence due to unanticipated robotic activity. Even the destruction is classified as erroneous robotic behavior, so there's no crime as long as he paid to rebuild the places...which he did. Even paid for the loss of business as per the contracts."

Mega Man stared flatly. "...I take it the same is true for the second time around?"

"Yup!" Dr. Light agreed. "And since he turned himself in that time technically, it counts in his favor."

"And what about the third time?" Mega Man demanded angrily. "He took over those mining facilities-"

"Experimental off-world facilities," Dr. Light countered. "Even I made sure we wouldn't be held liable if something happened to our robots that time around in brand new conditions we couldn't properly simulate."

"And what about stealing Gamma?"

"Since we hadn't completed it and handed it over to the government yet, same situation as with the first six," Tom replied. "And the military doesn't want to make a fuss over just how much was invested in a project that failed. They'd rather just sweep it under the rug."

"And I cleared the whole thing up with Cossack myself," Mega Man groaned. "But what about kidnapping you?"

"If I choose to press charges over that, the entire incident will have to be made official," Dr. Light chided, a deep frown on his face. "The exact methods you used to convince Wily to surrender will be a matter of public record. I won't do that to you."

Mega Man lay back, sighing. "I take it Vinyl's antics are the same?"

"Yup," Dr. Light agreed. "Even the prison break is technically a kidnapping, since Wily had no agency in the break out. And since he's not pressing charges..."

"What about the damage to the prison?" Mega Man demanded. "Surely that's an issue!"

"The prison belongs to Light Labs Industries," Dr. Light explained. "In exchange for erasing all the charges you accrued damaging the businesses Wily owned while going after Vinyl's Wub Masters, I'm not pressing charges or fines over that. Saved me well over $5 billion."

"But they were trying to take over the world!" Mega Man proclaimed, trying for one last line of prosecution.

"While most people don't like the idea...technically neither the attempt nor the thwarting thereof is illegal," Tom allowed, his voice a bit embarrassed. "And since the Robot Masters and Wub Masters made sure to evacuate civilians in an orderly manner before starting their rampages...it's not even technically terrorism."

Mega Man slumped back, unsure what to say about that. "...infringement of civil liberties?" he offered lamely.

"With the set you didn't fight, several civilians paused to take selfies with the Robot Masters while evacuating," Dr. Light replied, shaking his head ruefully. "Even if any government wanted to press that charge, it would never stand up after that."

Mega Man sighed as he lay back. "Then...why am I fighting against them, anyway?"

"Do you want to let them take over the world?" Dr. Light inquired.

Mega Man thought about that for a time. "...no. I don't think it's good for the world to let any one person have total control, whatever their motives."

"Then that's why you fight. Because for you, that's justice...and peace."

Mega Man thought about what Dr. light told him. It felt...right.


Secret deposited Wily, Vinyl, and Protoman safely. "We have arrived."

"Arrived where?" Wily demanded worriedly.

"Home!" Vinyl explained happily as Mikhail and Kalinka came in with a hot meal for both of them.

"Welcome back to the neighborhood," Mikhail greeted warmly.

"Did you have fun?" Kalinka asked eagerly.

Vinyl happily raised her hoof to bump against Kalinka's offered closed fist. Albert sat down, stunned. "Here?"

"The legal team just got done clearing you both completely," Forte offered as he stepped in. "Why would anyone come after you here?"

Wily thought about that for a time, then shrugged. "Fair enough."

After relaxing for a while, he turned towards where Secret stood. "A rather interesting robot," Wily murmured. "How did you perfect the Sonic Blade technology?"

Vinyl grinned, eager to share. "Well, the Sonic Disruptor actually generates a special field that contains the focused blast of sonic energy, which is what keeps it from blasting out in every direction. With the disruptor, that field is energized by whatever it passes through, allowing it to keep going until the field runs out and the sonic energy disperses. In this case, the field is generated in a wide blade shape, basically having a constant Sonic Disruption blast bouncing around inside to create the permanent blade shape, generated by Secret's three power cores."

"Three?" Albert and Mikhail both asked, stunned.

"One for the robot, two for the blade," Vinyl explained. "Even managed to make them aesthetically pleasing on her!"

"...her?" Mikhail asked, surprised.

"Yup!" Vinyl proclaimed proudly. "I made a girl bot!"

"May I take a closer look?" Wily asked.

"Sure!" Vinyl agreed. "Secret, remove the cloak."

Nodding, Secret did as instructed. Her construction was rather bare bones, with the overall structure sturdy but not quite complete. She lacked a synthoflesh coating on any body parts, and the armored skin that covered every inch was stark and metallic. Only a single optical sensor showed on the face, glowing blue.

One other thing immediately caught Wily's attention, however. "Vinyl...what are those?" he asked, pointing.

"Mammaries!" Vinyl explained. "Adult humanoid females have big ones, right?" Kalinka nodded in confirmation.

"Not there!" Wily countered intensely.

Confused, Vinyl lowered her head to glance backwards between her forelegs, before looking back up at her father. "That's where mine are," she offered innocently.

Wily was not the only one present whose face met both palms firmly as Kalinka giggled.

PreviousChapters Next