• Published 10th Aug 2015
  • 20,611 Views, 7,063 Comments

Wily's Wittle Wub - Tatsurou



Dr. Albert Wily wakes up one morning with an infant Vinyl Scratch clinging to his bald head. There goes the neighborhood.

  • ...
56
 7,063
 20,611

PreviousChapters Next
Home Invader

As Mega Man made his way into Wily's Fortress, he was rather surprised to discover that no robots blocked his path. There were obstacles of various sorts - everything from flame pillars to blocked paths to spikes - but nothing was attacking him. After everything else he'd been through, that made him nervous. It was almost as though Wily was trying to lull him into a false sense of security...which meant there could be a trap around any corner! Unless Wily was trying to make him paranoid?

Between the existential dilemma and growing paranoia, it took Mega Man a long time to make his way through the Fortress. Finally, he came across the first guardian of the Fortress...the Yellow Devil.

The large beast was really just a mass of amorphous nanotech controlled by a core, but it made use of its abilities. Bits of it flew around the room, trying to hit Mega Man as he leapt around, watching for the points where he could zap the core. Eventually, it went down...only to get back up again.

"This is not good," Mega Man muttered as he prepared for another battle...only for the yellow devil to slip away through the cracks, opening another path for him as it went. "Why does this feel even worse?"

The next area of the Fortress was high up in the air, and Mega Man had to be careful to avoid falling to his death. Again, there were occasional obstacles, but no enemies. Despite areas that would have been perfect places for an ambush from one of the Robot Masters that had been stolen back again - that theft is what had led Mega Man straight to the Fortress - nothing came to face him. His paranoia grew, and he began to get nervous every time he jumped.

As he began to climb downward, however, the genius of the design began to become apparent. There were plenty of things that could damage Mega Man, but nothing he could destroy in the hopes of salvaging the smaller cores to replenish energy, weapon or otherwise. Nor were there any scattered supplies he could cannibalize. Wily had turned his Fortress into an attrition battle.

In the next large boss chamber, a device descended and began to scan Mega Man. In his panic, he shot the device with Elec Man's weapon, frying it completely before it could finish its task. A new path opened up.

Following this new path led Mega Man down a long, winding path to another boss chamber, this one being underwater. A current had even pushed Mega Man all the way there. This boss was a sequence of small floating turrets in air bubbles. The main problem for Mega Man was to break the air bubbles, at which point the turrets were crushed by the water.

In the next section, there was once again no robots to fight Mega Man, putting him into a bit of a panic. After a bit of difficult jumping, however, Mega Man came across a teleporter. With nowhere else to go, he stepped inside.

It led him to another chamber...where all six Robot Masters awaited him. "...well, this just ain't fair," he complained as they all leveled their weapons against him.

"I'd respond with the appropriately comedic line," Fire Man replied, "but Vinyl might be watching."

"Do try to keep your cursing to a minimum, Mega Man," Ice Man agreed as they all opened fire.

The barrage of weapons went on for a long time as Bomb Man deployed a massive amount of Hyper Bombs, ready to blast whatever was left to kingdom come. However, when the smoke cleared, Mega Man became visible...unharmed, and surrounding by swirling flames.

"I love shield weapons," Mega Man said happily.

"You may be able to survive an onslaught," Elec Man pointed out, "but your energy is limited! You cannot hope to outlast us all!"

"I don't have to," Mega Man replied, shifting to Hyper Bombs. "I've disabled my shot limiter." He then proceeded to empty his Hyper Bombs into the air towards them before shifting back to the Flame Shot/Shield. "I bring you destruction." Taking aim, he fired, the flame flying towards the bombs as the shield surrounded him.

Bomb Man grinned as he watched the flame approach the mass of bombs. "Clever-"

The Fortress shook from the massive explosion as all the bombs went off at once.

Slightly smokey, Mega Man continued on through the Fortress to another chamber, where he found who he sought. "Dr. Wily!" he called out. "For crimes-"

"Shush!" Wily hissed. "Vinyl's down for her nap, and if you wake her I will personally tear you limb from limb, hook your head, CPU, and personality core up to a potato battery to keep all three running, and make you watch a remix of Teletubbies, Batman & Robin, and My Little Pony Newborn Cuties endlessly(1)!"

Mega Man immediately shut up.

Wily nodded. "Now go sit in that corner like a good robotic defender of justice until she wakes up," he instructed. "I'll be sitting here next to her cradle so she doesn't set up an unholy racket when she wakes up, like she does whenever she wakes up and doesn't see me."

Both took their indicated seats, and Mega Man sat in silence, waiting. Eventually, Vinyl stirred and opened her eyes, smiling up at Wily. "Da!" she said happily, stretching up to nuzzle Wily's hand.

"Morning, sleepyhead," he teased. "Ready to watch me kick Mega Man's butt before I blow this place up and we adjourn to our new home?"

Vinyl nodded eagerly.

Mega Man frowned. "Wily, I've beaten the Robot Masters...twice. I made it through the Fortress easily-"

"Because I'd shut down most of the defenses so Vinyl could sleep," Wily interrupted.

Mega Man blinked, surprised that the reasoning was that simple. "At any rate, what makes you think anything you've built will stop me?"

"Who says I'm using something I've built?" Wily asked, lifting something out of Vinyl's crib to point it at Mega Man.

BZZZOWNN!

The sonic disruption blast sheared right through Mega Man's chest, leaving a fist sized hole all the way through him.

"You'll never be able to stop me until Dr. Light figures out how to counteract sonic weaponry," Wily explained as Mega Man fell over. "I missed your power core, though. I've only shut off your motor control. We'll be leaving now." The crib and various other things became surrounded by teleportation energy. "I suggest you teleport back to Dr. Light before the self destruct system takes you out with it." With that, Wily, Vinyl, and several other items vanished.

Mega Man lay back as his distress beacon alerted Dr. Light to beam him out. "...not fair..." he whimpered.



(1) While yes, this means My Little Pony does exist in this world, Friendship is Magic was never made.

PreviousChapters Next