• Published 10th Aug 2015
  • 20,634 Views, 7,064 Comments

Wily's Wittle Wub - Tatsurou



Dr. Albert Wily wakes up one morning with an infant Vinyl Scratch clinging to his bald head. There goes the neighborhood.

  • ...
56
 7,064
 20,634

PreviousChapters Next
8: Blasting Off Again

Duo slowly opened his eyes as he managed to fight his way past his program glitches and through the damage he'd taken. His reserves of Justice Energy were at an all time low, to the point it was dangerous to try and repair himself with it. Not only that, he found he was missing an arm and a leg. That lesson in the mysteries beyond his program's philosophy had been quite costly.

He was rather unsurprised to discover he was in a stasis cage that neutralized his energies. He had engaged in rather intense hostile action against the ones he presumed had him prisoner now, and being in lock up made sense in such a situation. What was surprising was to see what was left of his brother, Trio, floating in the next stasis cage over. However, there was no sign of neural activity of any sort in those remains. Trio was dead, his body kept alive only by the Evil Energy that had destroyed him. With his programming directives temporarily inert from the Paradox caused by the sight of the creation of Ether, Duo felt great sorrow at the sight of his brother's corpse, knowing much of the damage came from his own hands.

"And what do you have to say for yourself?" a familiar voice demanded of him.

Duo winced as he turned, catching sight of Roll glowering up at him. "My programming is far less forgiving than yours," was all he could say. "The primary directives overwhelm all else."

"And that's your excuse, is it?" Roll demanded angrily, her arms crossed over her chest. "You go off to try and kill one of my best friends because her magic had a wavelength in common with Justice and Evil Energy, and that's somehow enough to go on to try and kill her?"

"My program is very binary in its definitions," he admitted sadly. "It is either Justice Energy, or Evil Energy. The idea that something could be both - or neither - was inconceivable when this program defined my being. As such, those possibilities were not part of the program. I can no more fight my program than you can, as the rest of my psyche is only allowed to handle those situations not covered by my primary missions."

"That's still no excuse for trying to kill someone!" Roll snapped out.

"No, it is not," Duo admitted.

"You've made a right heel of yourself!" Roll added.

"Yes, I have," Duo agreed.

"You should be in that stasis cage for the rest of your life!" Roll insisted, her rage building again.

"Yes, I should," Duo confirmed.

"Why are you agreeing with everything I say?" Roll demanded angrily. "Show some spine already!"

"It is part of my self preservation protocol to agree with anything a female says unless it clashes with my primary mission," Duo explained. "As the part of my program covering my primary mission is currently inert..."

Roll stared at him for a time. "...so, because I'm a girl, you have to agree with everything I say?"

"That is correct," Duo confirmed.

"Then...it was just your program making you say all you did back when I was repairing you?" she asked sadly.

"It was not," Duo countered. "My program made me agree with you. It was my decision to tell you the stories of my time amongst the cosmos, because it made you happy."

"...oh," Roll mumbled softly. "...so...now what? I'm not about to let you out."

"As I am, I should not be released," Duo admitted. "I have become too polarized in my quest to eliminate all Evil Energy. With my primary mission protocols temporarily disabled, I can see where I went wrong...and how to fix it."

"You do?" Roll asked, surprised.

"Yes," Duo confirmed. "So long as I am only Justice Energy, I am as bad or worse than my brother Trio ever was. What is required is that a way is found to balance me...and that way is present right here."

"It is?" Roll asked, surprised.

"Yes," Duo confirmed. "Trio no longer functions, but his primary protocols as shaped by the Evil Energy remain. His goal is to spread the power and influence of Evil Energy as far as possible. In his current state, Evil Energy being part of Ether would allow the spread of Ether to qualify as far as orders that do not conflict with his mission. In their current state, I can make the same adjustments to my own protocols...if an order I am required to obey is given. My primary power core runs on a self-restoring source of Justice Energy. Trio's is the same, but running on Evil Energy. This presents a solution...if you order it."

"Me?" Roll gasped out, shocked. "Why me?"

"Because I trust you to do it right," Duo explained. "If you order us both to become Ether, I believe it will work."

Roll swallowed convulsively. "A...Alright..." she agreed. Stepping back, she stared at both prisoners. "Duo, Trio...become Ether!"

Both robots blazed with light.

The stasis cages exploded as the two incomplete robots flowed into each other in their energy states, Justice Energy and Evil Energy intermingling until an aura of Ether surrounded the new robot. It looked like Duo or Trio had when they were complete, but both arms were equally large and heavily armored. The war helm exposed the face underneath, which stared out impassively. The entirety of the metal body was silver, shining in the white light of Ether.

As Roll stared in stunned shock, the robot turned towards a hole blown open in the roof from the exploding stasis cages. "My mission begins anew," he whispered softly. "Justice...Evil...all must be found and purified...all must be balanced as Ether..."

Before Roll's very eyes, a large winged unicorn composed of Ether took shape beneath the fused robot, allowing him to mount without moving. He took hold of the equine's flowing mane, and rode into the sky, vanishing into the stars, the music following him.

Roll glanced around at the huge mess...and promptly raced out of the room. "I was never here!" she insisted under her breath.

PreviousChapters Next