• Published 10th Aug 2015
  • 20,635 Views, 7,064 Comments

Wily's Wittle Wub - Tatsurou



Dr. Albert Wily wakes up one morning with an infant Vinyl Scratch clinging to his bald head. There goes the neighborhood.

  • ...
56
 7,064
 20,635

PreviousChapters Next
5-Alive: The Challenge

When Mega Man finally managed to come to after his treatment for Roboenza, it was to find the lab all but shut down, the Master Weapons he'd collected gone from his systems - along with a system message stating they were purged due to viral contamination, though said contamination had an incompatible delivery system - and a rather fancy invitation in his lap, raised calligraphy shaping the letters. Curious, he picked it up and began to read.

Dear Mega Man,

I have been thinking about ways to deal with whoever it is that has been trying to frame Dad and I for attempting to take over the world. At your recommendation, I've been trying to determine a permanent way of dealing with such a problem, and I have come up with two possible solutions. I am loathe to enact the second, as it could have dire, long reaching consequences. As such, I have chosen to enact the first.

After all, I can't really be framed for trying to take over the world if I've already succeeded.

Mega Man paused at that line, staring in disbelief. "She wouldn't..." He thought about everything he knew about Vinyl, and sighed. "She would..." Groaning, he continued to read.

In the present state of the world - with the vast majority of robots still offline from the Roboenza outbreak and most of the world powers unable to function without their robots - now is the perfect time to act. I discovered someone was trying to set up a frame job on me in that regard, complete with an active - but empty at the time of discovery - Skull Fortress. Finding no clues as to the perpetrator, I instead have taken it over as a base of operations for this challenge between the two of us.

That's right, Mega Man. The two of us. I have reactivated eight Robot Masters you never actually fought, along with one I made just in case we ever went against each other again. This one is special, and I'm rather proud of him. You'll fight him if you're able to beat the eight older Robot Masters.

And here is the challenge, the wager. If you are able to defeat all nine Robot Masters and destroy this Fortress, my Father and I will leave Earth forever, permanently severing our ties and interest in this world. If, however, you are bested - whether through failing to beat a Robot Master or being rendered off line without managing to destroy the Skull Fortress - then you will cease any and all attempts, present and future, to prevent me from conquering the world.

Dr. Light's lab is currently on lockdown. You can't leave, unless you confirm agreement to these terms. Once and for all, I want this resolved. Either I will take the world and you won't fight me anymore, or I will leave the world and you won't fight me anymore, and I won't be a scapegoat for whoever's causing these problems for us.

Before you decide, a few guarantees from me. It is just between you and me. Your only ally will be Rush, my only ally will be my nine Robot Masters. Bass, Prometheus, Dr. Light, and Dad will not be involved, nor will any Robot Master you've faced before.

Should you agree, the Lab computer contains a file on the first eight Robot Masters you will fight, including where to find them. If you manage to beat them all, you will receive a data file containing the location of the ninth, though you'll have to meet him to learn anything about him. You are not required to destroy any of the eight Robot Masters, merely prove yourself superior to them and acquire their Master Weapons. However, the ninth will fight to the death, or your surrender.

The choice is yours, but know that you're on live, international broadcast from the moment you come online after recovering Roboenza. The whole world will see if you accept or refuse my challenge, and they all know the stakes already. Choose wisely.

Also, when this is over, come over to my place for a rad gaming night celebrating the final end of this. Might be in Sky Lagoon, might be on Mars...either way, I expect you there.
Love, Vinyl.
PS: Make this badass.

Mega Man couldn't help but chuckle as he reached the end of the formal invitation. She did say she'd send one if she ever decided to try taking over the world again, he mused to himself. Setting it aside, he stood up, staring straight into a floating camera bot's lens. Lifting his arm cannon to beside his head, he braced it with his other arm as he struck a pose. "I accept your challenge!"

The entire lab hummed to life, and a data file immediately appeared on one of the screens. Mega Man went up to it and began going over the data. "Let's see...Gravity Man at the anti-grav research institute...Wave Man at water quality administration...Stone Man on a mountain peak near the hanging gardens Gyro Man is supposed to be occupying..." He paused at that. "Wonder what it means 'supposed to be occupying'? Gyro Man's only got an approximate location..." Shrugging, he continued down the list.

"Star Man in an old abandoned space station, wonder if it's the one from when I first fought Bass? Charge Man...at the tracks, nothing more specific. Napalm Man at the weapons manufacturing plant...and Crystal Man in the mines..."

He straightened his shoulders as he took it all in. "Well, all that's left is to decide who to go after first." He frowned thoughtfully as he tried to run an optimization program to predict the best order...

...and finally came up with nothing. "Crap."

PreviousChapters Next