• Published 10th Aug 2015
  • 20,611 Views, 7,063 Comments

Wily's Wittle Wub - Tatsurou



Dr. Albert Wily wakes up one morning with an infant Vinyl Scratch clinging to his bald head. There goes the neighborhood.

  • ...
56
 7,063
 20,611

PreviousChapters Next
VSW-010: Don't Eat the...

Mega Man was still chuckling to himself as he returned to the lab. Dr. Light was quite surprised by this change of attitude. "Mega Man?" he asked curiously. "Are you alright?"

"I finally got the joke," Mega Man replied.

"Joke?"

"Vinyl designed these bots to mess with my head," Mega Man explained. "She must have come to the conclusion that any challenge to my physical abilities I'll eventually overcome, so if she wanted me to get a message, it had to be a challenge that was difficult for me to face up here." He tapped his head. "Given the way things have gone this time...I seriously hope I never end up arresting Wily again. Next time, she might know enough to actually plan it out."

"That would be...rather terrifying," Dr. Light admitted. "Though, this next Wub Master..."

"...what?"

"He calls himself Dirty Fighter," Dr. Light explained. "He's based at the Snowy Slopes ski resort. And...I think I know Vinyl's plan here."

"What do you mean?" Mega Man asked, confused.

"When you went up against Love Machine, Vinyl arranged things so I was charged for everything you destroyed," Dr. Light explained. "It's on my credit card records. I'm sure I can get most of the charges waived with the right legal juggling, but it's plain her bots aren't intended to destroy us physically. Her target is our minds and our reputations."

Mega Man nodded. "She's pretty good at that...but what's your point?"

"All the robots running rampant on Snowy Slopes look exactly like human children...including the Wub Master himself."

Mega Man frowned as he understood. "And if Vinyl can post pictures of me shooting kids..."

"She wins," Dr. Light replied. "Your reputation as a hero is shot. Humanity's trust in you is gone. Wily and Vinyl could then be painted as the good guys next time around, seeking to destroy you as 'a menace to society'."

"In that case, I'll just have to take out any and all surveillance equipment before going after the bots," Mega Man decided.

"And if the bots are designed to broadcast what they see?"

Mega Man grinned. "Actually...I think this is going to be fun. Vinyl doesn't want these things to destroy me. She wants them to mess with me and challenge me. And I think I know how to handle this one. I'm going to need a temporary tweak to my combat protocols using one of the old Robot Master profiles...specifically one that was built here."

"Alright," Dr. Light agreed, calling up the files. "Anything else?"

"...a cardboard box."

Dr. Light froze, confused. "...eh?"


As Wily prepared to give Vinyl 'the talk' - not entirely sure how that would go, as Vinyl wasn't even human, so he wasn't sure how much good a talk about the human reproductive system would do her - he noticed something odd on one of the monitors. "Vinyl...what's happening at Snowy Slopes?" he asked, confused. "The cameras are going down. Technical error?"

Glancing at the screen, Vinyl giggled. "Nope! Smart Mega Man! Switch to aerial view point. Typhon, do you have visual?"

"Affirmative," Air Man's voice responded from the communication rig. "Mega Man is making use of a cardboard box to hide from view, and is doing an effective job of sneaking past the kid bots. His present targets appear to be the security cameras. The kid bots are still active, and having snow ball fights while they wait to target him. He appears to have set up distractions for them, involving new handheld game consoles and other toys."

Vinyl clopped her hooves against the ground in glee. "That's it, Mega Man! Play my games!" she cheered happily.

"He has successfully taken down all security cameras," Air Man's voice confirmed through the speaker. "He is now targeting the kid bots, using thrown rocks and snowballs to draw their attention away from the group before applying a Magnet Missile to the back of the neck to knock them out."

"Magnet Missile?" Wily demanded angrily. "But he shouldn't have access to that weapon! The virus I put in him automatically deletes old Master Weapons as soon as he goes into downtime mode!"

"You built Magnet Man and Snake Man in Light's lab," Protoman pointed out.

"...oh..." Wily replied, feeling sheepish. "Guess that makes sense..."

"Mega Man is about to engage Dirty Fighter," Air Man's voice informed them.

"Sweet!" Vinyl chortled, racing to the large TV.


Mega Man took a few relaxing breaths as the last kid bot went down. "That's a relief," he murmured. "Nothing to photograph me now. I don't have to sneak anymore. Now...where is the Wub Master?" He looked around, only to see a massive snow fort up near the peak of the slopes. "Of course," he muttered. "Well, this shouldn't be too difficult." He quickly raced into the fort.

"You meet me at last, Mega Man!" a childish voice proclaimed. "I, Dirty Fighter, shall be your undoing!"

"I've heard it all before..." Mega Man began, only for his voice to trail off as he saw his opponent. Dirty Fighter looked to be six years old, almost completely human in appearance, and had what looked like a snow cone maker half-converted into a cannon set up beside him. "...seriously? You're really going to fight me with snow cones?"

"Not just any snow cones!" Dirty Fighter proclaimed as he ducked behind the device. "It needs a special flavor!" A zzzzip! sound echoed around the fort, followed by the sound of tinkling water falling into a basin. After a time, the cannon launched a yellow snowball at Mega Man.

Mega Man dodged to the side, looking with distaste at the snow ball, and then at the device. "...nope," he replied, turning to leave.

"Where are you going?" Dirty Fighter demanded angrily.

"Snow forts don't have locking doors," Mega Man explained, leaving the fort.

"I'll continue to terrorize this place if you leave me functional!" Dirty Fighter shouted.

"I know!" Mega Man shouted back. "But I'm not gonna fight you!"

"Then how do you intend to shut me off?" Dirty Fighter demanded.

"Snow's really heavy!" Mega Man shouted back, firing off a charged shot.

A loud rumble echoed over the slope, and the fort began to slide. "Uh oh..." Dirty Fighter gulped.


After the avalanche ended, Mega Man crawled out of the snow. He had been right that he was sturdy enough to take the avalanche, while Dirty Fighter wasn't. He could see the broken bits of circuitry and parts scattered about, and his systems alerted him to a new Master Weapon.

You got...
Yellow Snow!

"Of course I did," Mega Man grunted, rolling his eyes as he teleported back to base.


"...Vinyl," Albert began, curious. "Why were you calling Air Man Typhon?"

Vinyl giggled wickedly. "You'll see!"

PreviousChapters Next