• Published 10th Aug 2015
  • 20,557 Views, 7,062 Comments

Wily's Wittle Wub - Tatsurou



Dr. Albert Wily wakes up one morning with an infant Vinyl Scratch clinging to his bald head. There goes the neighborhood.

  • ...
56
 7,062
 20,557

PreviousChapters Next
Heartfelt Plans

Rock and Kalinka sat together on the highest balcony of Cossack Castle, enjoying their dinner together as they stared up at the stars. They'd spent most of their date down below for the movie, romantic walk, and playing a claw game so Rock could win her a prize, even if it did turn out to be an unofficial Vinyl plushy. However, for their dinner together, they decided to go back up to Sky Lagoon where no one would give them a hard time about a human and a robot having a romantic dinner together. Unfortunately, the more prosperous Sky Lagoon became, the more vocal the hostility to robots being treated as equals to humans became. Kalinka had decided, and Rock agreed, that it was worth facing a few fannish citizens to avoid the meal being ruined by hostility.

As they sat enjoying their meal together, Kalinka started the conversation. "So, how's the new digestive tract treating you?" she asked curiously. "You did say you had to test it out."

"It seems to be working quite well," Rock replied easily. "No errors so far...though I had a bit of trouble at the start with my taste buds. Probably your cooking just being too good."

Kalinka giggled softly, a faint blush tinting her cheeks. "You always seem to know what to say," she complimented warmly.

"Probably having a computer for a brain," Rock answered. "Gives me plenty of time to run through every possible response and pick what I think might be the best one."

"And the reason you always get the right one?" Kalinka asked teasingly.

Rock chuckled quietly. "I guess I just know you so well," he replied warmly.

Kalinka's blush brightened. "Rock," she began softly. "I've been...thinking about our future."

"Oh?" Rock responded, a tinge of worry in his voice.

"Yes," Kalinka confirmed. "We've been...'walking out' together for a few years now, yes?"

Rock found himself flushing, idly wondering why his new design made that happen. It wasn't like he actually had blood to rush to his cheeks or anything like that. Still, the way it made Kalinka giggle was worth it. "Well, we've certainly been finding excuses to spend time together ever since just after the First Annual-"

"The FART?" Kalinka interrupted teasingly.

"Yes...that," Rock replied, rolling his eyes. "Though we didn't actually start dating until a few months before Duo showed up..."

"Technicalities," Kalinka countered dismissively.

"Said the roboticist to the robot," Rock teased.

Kalinka countered by blowing a raspberry at him. "Anyway, I had been thinking about...children."

Rock's eyebrows attempted to climb into his hair...literally. "Uh...don't you think it's a little early to be thinking about that?" he asked. "Besides that, I'm pretty sure I lack certain...hardware/software interface required for such a thing-"

"I didn't mean biological reproduction, Rock," Kalinka countered. "Even if Vinyl could figure out how to duplicate Prometheus' synthesized DNA structure for you including a reproductive code, the only logical way to code yours would be to derive it from Dr. Light's, and as much as I care for you, I don't want his biology in my children...no offense."

Rock shrugged his shoulders. "None taken, really. I can understand where you come from in that regard. Probably a little twisted to conceive from his DNA, anyway."

"Exactly," Kalinka confirmed. "It'd be like breeding with him by proxy." She shuddered. "And he's old enough to be my grandfather!"

Rock let himself chuckle at that. "Yes, I see where you're coming from."

"And building and perfecting a robot can take years if you're trying to make something near-human," Kalinka explained. "Vinyl's still trying to perfect her first original project. So, if we want to think about building children, we should probably start on the designs now, so he - or she - will be finished while I'm still in my prime so we can raise him - or her - together."

Rock smiled softly. "Well, I guess I can't argue with that logic. What did you have in mind?"

Blushing nervously, Kalinka pulled out a rolled poster and unrolled it on a nearby table. "Well...I've made a few notes..."

Chuckling, Rock looked over her shoulder at the notes. "Hmm...seems straight forward so far...but some of these build systems seem a little odd. And the way the personality and programming core interact..."

"It's based off the study of how Duo altered your brain's systems, and Prometheus' new configuration," Kalinka explained. "As for the build systems, they're meant to interact with this." She tapped another part of the design.

"That...looks like my Weapon Copy system," Rock murmured. "But a lot more complex."

"That's because it's not just for copying weapons," Kalinka explained. "If we can get it to work properly, then instead of just copying the weapon...it should allow him to-"

"Him?" Rock asked teasingly.

Kalinka shrugged her shoulders teasingly. "I want our first-built to be a son," she explained readily. "Happy and care-free like you, to follow in your footsteps."

Rock smiled warmly. "Alright. So, what should it let him do?"

"It should enable him to completely transform himself temporarily into the robot he's copying," Kalinka explained. "Physical capabilities, weapons, voice, everything."

"Like some sort of Copy Bot?" Rock asked curiously.

"Precisely," Kalinka confirmed. "An upgrade to the existing weapon copy system, don't you think?"

"It's brilliant!" Rock praised, leaning in and giving her a peck on the cheek. He then blushed. "I, uh..."

Smiling, Kalinka put her finger beneath his chin to hold him in place while she pressed her lips against his. When she pulled back, her cheeks were flushed. "Think you'd be up to helping me get the new systems working?" she asked softly.

"I t-think so," Rock replied stammeringly. "I was a lab assistant bot before my combat upgrades." He glanced down at the design. "Have you come up with a name?"

"I was thinking...Anton Xabat Light-Cossack," Kalinka responded softly.

Rock raised his eyebrow. "L-Light-Cossack?"

Shyly, Kalinka slipped her hand into his, nodding bashfully. In response, Rock gently cupped her hand in both of his, saying nothing.

PreviousChapters Next