• Published 12th Jul 2015
  • 1,223 Views, 48 Comments

Luna's Center For Kids Who Can't Magic Good And Wanna Learn To Do Other Stuff Good Too - lunabrony



Luna is still adjusting to society after her return from the moon. Following the success of Celestia's School For Gifted Unicorns, she wants to open up her own education facility. But she's a little behind...

  • ...
3
 48
 1,223

6 - Epilogue

Just as Luna and Clover emerged from the side room where Clover had been receiving her magic lessons, the pair turned the corner to see Celestia talking to a full grown unicorn mare with a brilliant light blue coat. Celestia was talking and making excitedly grand gestures with her foreleg, while the secondary mare was standing in stunned silence with a look of astonishment on her face. Before Luna could properly approach, Clover dashed between her legs and made a run for the younger mare with a cry of excitement.

"Mama!" She exclaimed.

Her mother scooped her up in her front legs at once. "Clover!" she said joyfully. With a bright look of excitement, she turned her attention on Luna.

"You must be Winter Storm," Luna said kindly.

"Yes indeed," Winter said. "Princess Celestia was just telling me of Clover's affinity for magical talent, and how she'd love to have her at the next orientation for her School of Gifted Unicorns. I cannot express my gratitude to the both of you, I always knew that Clover was special, and I'm absolutely pleased to have the chance to share her talent with the world."

Luna nodded. "Clover is very imaginative, a strong imagination is key to a strong magical aura. I'm sure she'll do very well. In the meantime, will she be returning for the rest of my sessions?"

"Yes indeed!" Winter promised. "Come, Clover, we need to get along home for today."

"Okay, mama." Clover looked over and hugged both Luna, then Celestia. "Thank you!" She said again. "See you tomorrow!" Clover the self proclaimed ex-diamond dog scampered out the door, followed closely by her mother, who offered a final wave.

Luna and Celestia exchanged a loving glance of similar affection. It was moments like this that reaffirmed why they did what they did, and truly began to feel like they were making a difference in the lives of their little ponies.

During all this, the remaining two colts Fireball and Ocean Breeze had been playing Uno at one of the brightly colored child sized tables. Ocean Breeze laid down a DRAW 4 card on Fireball, who had only two cards left. Fireball exclaimed a surprisingly strong obscenity and threw his cards into the air with a flourish, effectively rage quitting. "I don't wanna play with you anymore, you're a cheater!"

"I am not!" Ocean stuck his tongue out. "You're just a sore loser!"

Celestia gently came over, and separated the two. "Now, now," she said gently. "You two need to play nice. There's no need to get all discouraged. It's just a game."

"It's a game that he's not playing fair at!" Fireball said. "I almost won!"

"And now I'm winning," Ocean said, with quite a bit of amusement in his voice. If smirking could be expressed in vocal tones, that was it.

It was precisely 3:01 at that point, although by sundial standards, it appeared to be exactly 3:00. It was very hard to determine times down to the minute using sundials. Because it appeared to be promptly on the hour, it was at this point that Ocean's father, the rough voiced stallion with an almost militaristic attitude, made his reappearance through the main door.

"I have returned," he announced. "Has Ocean behaved himself?" He looked over at the two colts playing their game, and frowned.

"Yes," Ocean said, putting his cards down. He spared only a glance at Fireball, who made no effort whatsoever to hide his snickering.

"Yes, what?"

"Yes, sir!"

Ocean's father looked at Luna and Celestia for confirmation.

"Ocean behaved brilliantly," Luna promised. "Fireball here is just a little upset because Ocean was beating him at the game they were playing."

Ocean's father laughed at this. "Well of course Ocean's beating him!" He said. "Our family is full of winners, superiority runs through his genes! Come, Ocean, we have a schedule to keep. You'll see the Princesses again tomorrow morning."

"Okay, daddy!"

This was met with a frown and a stern glare.

"Okay, sir..." Ocean corrected, and unlike Clover's rapid, wild scampering, he neatly composed himself and rose swiftly and quietly, walking out of Luna's center with his father following, the latter of which who gave the two Princesses a neat and courteous nod of thanks, before leaving completely.

Fireball looked a little bummed that he was by himself now, and had moved from the table to the toys, where he was making siren noises and pushing a red fire truck back and forth.

"Fireball, are you being picked up?" Luna asked.

"Uh-huh," he promised. "My mother might just be a few minutes late. Sometimes she can be a little forgetful. She accidentally left me at Hay-mart once. But she means well." He smiled at this, and continued playing with his truck.

Luna and Celestia exchanged a glance, and it was just as Luna was preparing to ask another question when Fireball's mother entered through the main door. She was a bright and fiery orange pegasus, similar in design to Fireball himself and was panting heavily, as if out of breath.

"Sorry," she said. "Came...as fast... as I could."

"Not a problem at all," Celestia said. "We haven't been waiting that long, and we have more than enough toys and snacks to keep the little ones occupied."

"Thank you so much again," she said, and glanced at her son. "Fireball, you ready to go? I want to hear all about your day, don't leave a single thing out."

"Okay!" Fireball ran to her, waved to Luna, then Celestia. "See you tomorrow! Thank you for a fun day!" He smiled, and the final of the three children left with his mother. Luna and Celestia watched the door as it closed, leaving them alone in Luna's preschool, and the two princesses exchanged a glance.

"Well, how did you like your first day as a teacher?" Celestia asked.

"It was wonderful," Luna said. "I really think it will help my public image, and the children are wonderful to work with."

"And I'm glad I got to see you on your first day," Celestia said. "It was really nice to see you at work for once."

Luna frowned. "That reminds me, who DID you get to take over for you for the day?" she asked.

Celestia grinned. "My niece," she said.

"HER?" Luna gaped. "I mean, no offense, she certainly seems capable, but are you sure she can handle such responsibility."

"Oh, I'm sure," Celestia responded at once. "What's the worst that could happen?"

---

CANTERLOT

---

Princess Cadance sat on Celestia's royal throne, a seat which was, unmistakably, a bit too large for her. She had been holding audience all day, taking requests, hearing problems, and doing her best to solve them. It was nearly three thirty now, and nearing the end of visiting hours. The line which had intially stretched out the large double doors had since been taken care of, and there didn't appear to be anypony else to hear out.

"That appears to be everyone," Cadance said calmly. "Guard, you may close the doors. I've a pile of paperwork that needs to be gone over."

The guard nodded, and moved to close the doors. Just as he was beginning to close the doors, there was a loud crashing noise from just outside the palace.

"My pineapples!" A dismayed voice cried as some poor vendors cart was presumably destroyed by the sound of the disruption.

A moment later, a clearly distressed looking pegasus burst through the main doors to Canterlot Castle. She was a plain looking gray in color, a sorrowful looking expression upon her crossed eyes.

"Ma'am, the hours of visitation are over," the guard began.

"I'm sorry if I was late, I got lost on the way here," the pegasus replied. "I must see the princess at once!"

Cadance smiled patiently, and looked down upon the flustered mare with seemingly limitless amounts of tolerance and understanding . "Stand down, guard, she's clearly come a long way."

The guard frowned, but did as he was asked.

"What is your name, my dear?" Cadance asked.

The cross-eyed pegasus shook herself off, folded her wings, and turned her attention to Cadance with an expression of gratitude.

"My name is-"

Comments ( 11 )

WHAT DID SHE NEED TO SEE THE PRINCESS FOR!!!!!!!!????

I am a little surprised to see the series over already, but it was cute and sweet.

Just as Luna and Clover emerged from the side room where Clover had recieving her magic lessons,

First of all, "receiving" is misspelled. Remember, it is I before E except after C. Also, "receiving" should be "received".

I always knew that Clover was special, and I'm absolutely pleased to have the chance to share her talent with the world.

That is not what it sounded like last chapter.

"My mother doesn't care for it. She says it's a fancy shortcut from physical labor and it's not fair since not everypony can do it."

and truly began to feel like they were making a difference in the lives of their little ponies.

Extra space.

During all this, the remaining two colts Fireball and Ocean Breeze had been playing Uno at one of the brightly colored child sized tables.

There should be commas between the emboldened words.

"Fireball here is just a little upset because Ocean was beating him at the game they wre playing."

"Were".

"I'm sorry I late, I got lost on the way here," the pegasus replied.

"I'm" or "I am".

Cadance smiled patiently, and looked down upon the flustered mare with seemingly limitless amounts of 1.)tolerancea and 2.)understanding .

1.) Is this some sort of Brazilian pop idol?
2.) Extra space.

"My name is-"

Of course her name is: I :heart: :derpyderp2:

Well, I will miss this, it was fun while it lasted. It was very cute, as well. You have a way of making cute, silly stories that I really enjoy. Thank you for sharing your brain goo with us.

~KBO.:twilightsmile:

I like this story, I expected it to be mostly funny, but it was mostly sweet instead (still funny though). Since Zoolander is making a sequel, this story should have a sequel as well. I suggest Moonlander 2.

6278503 Oh my glob that's amazing

If I write a sequel thats totally the title

6278639 I saw this yesterday bruh, Deadpool is the big trailer now :p

6278744 Oooh, thanks for the tip!

WHAT'S THE NAME?

This story is truly under appreciated.

ZOOLANDER REFERENCES :pinkiecrazy:

Login or register to comment