• Published 29th Jun 2015
  • 1,759 Views, 36 Comments

Spike Does Not Approve - TerrestrialDrake



Spike does not take kindly to rude guests.

  • ...
5
 36
 1,759

Simple yet ingenious

Twilight was soaring through the skies of Ponyville, just above the height of most houses, dragging Spike and Rarity along with a simple levitation spell. She was on a bee-line to her castle until she heard a certain pink, bubbly, and slightly chubby pony heading in the opposite direction.

Pinkie was galloping along down the road toward the train station with two saddle bags on her sides, with an overly dramatic serious look on her face.

"Oh, hey, it's Pinkie!", Spike announces as he notices them turning around and going in for a landing.

"Hello, Pinkie darling." Rarity says as they land in front of the pink earthpony, "What has got you in such a hurry?"

Pinkie begins bouncing up and down and begins ramble about her "brilliant" plan, "Well, first I was freaking out about entertaining the Yaks, then Gummy gave me the most super idea!" She exclaims while squishing her cheeks together. "Just go all the way to Yakyakistan and bring back something authentic!" The party-pony finished with a slightly smug pose.

Spike looked to his guardian, Twilight, wondering why she was staying so quiet during this whole exchange between the unicorn and earthpony. What he saw was a very stressed out looking alicorn, "Nononono!" Twilight hurriedly says as she rushes toward the earth pony and grabs her by the shoulders.

"You can't go all the way to Yakyakistan!" She exclaims as she starts shaking her friend. "It would take over three days to get there and the Yaks won't wait that long for your party!" The alicorn with her voice cracking slightly.

"Really? By my calculations it would've only taken most of the afternoon.", Pinkie cheerfully states, which sets the alicorn off on another mini-tangent.

Spike and Rarity then hear what sounds like a sonic boom only a couple blocks away, before seeing the blur of a cyan colored pegasus flying in their direction.

"What's with Pinkie and Twilight trying to out shriek each other?" Rainbow said as she covered her ears while hovering over the drake and unicorn. The pegasus then lands between the two and begins messaging her temples, "Seriously, I heard them all the way from Cloudsdale."

"They're arguing about how to appease the Yaks.", Spike replied as he was contemplating on how to break up the two ponies, "And doing so in a rather uncouth way, might I add.", Rarity disdainfully commented afterwards. Obviously noting Pinkie's habit of raising her voice to insane volumes and Twilight's tendency to be a little condescending.

"Whatever it is, it's giving me a headache and it needs to stop now.", she says as she trotted towards the arguing friends. "Girls!" Dashie shouts as she pushes the girls apart from each other before saying. "Could you please stop the public shouting match?"

They're initially stunned by the sudden intrusion, but then the both of them tried to explain their plans to Rainbow, hoping that she would be a sort of tie breaker, but only serve to confuse the girl.

"...I think I've got an idea.", Spike says absentmindedly.

"Hmm? What is it darling?" Rarity says, bending down so she was eye level with her small admirer.

"Don't really have time explain; it's only getting worse over with those three." He responds as he as he walks around the unicorn and towards the other three.

He stood with his head held high and cleared his throat, "Excuse me, if I may?"

The three girls turn toward the sudden inclusion of a fourth voice.

"Okay, here me out.", Spike says raising his arms in front of him, palms forward, "The Yaks came here to visit a foreign country, right?"

The girls nod in response, slightly confused at the obvious statement.

"If so, then why would they want to see us try and imitate their culture?", Spike questions, "Wouldn't they rather see our culture?", he elaborates with a raised eyebrow. "You know, the culture of the people they're trying to befriend?"

The equines simply stare for a while before Twilight let's loose a drawn out gasp, "Why didn't I think of that!?" She exclaims, smacking her hoof against her own forehead. The alicorn then suddenly grabs Pinkie and brings here mere centimeters away from her face, "Pinkie, we need to arrange a town-wide party, pronto!"

"Weeeelll, we could use my basement where I have info on everypony in Ponyvil-", she's suddenly cut off by Twilight gabbing her side and teleporting away in a bright flash of lavender light.

"... Can I go home and take a nap now?", Rainbow asked, obviously tired from the Yaks and trying to understand her friend's insanity, just wanting to sleep the day away.

"Uh, yeah sure, I guess I'll see you later Dash.", Spike said as he waved toward a haggard Rainbow Dash about to take off.

"Later, Spike.", Rainbow says before rocketing into the air and towards her cloud house.

The white mare and dragon shared a moment of much welcomed silence before Rarity broke it by saying. "Sooo, you want to go to my place for some brunch?" She ask while draping a leg around Spike's shoulders.

"*sigh* I'd love to.", Spike happily accepted as they walked back to the boutique.

Author's Note:

And with that my first Fan-Fic is finished.

I am proud to say that it was slightly above average. :rainbowdetermined2:

Comments ( 7 )

Felt a bit abrupt, but was certainly fun in some places.

6250415 To be honest I wasn't really sure how to end it at first.

So that's probably why.

Okay, you were doing good, but you went too far with this chapter sadly. Spike just basically gave them the lesson, removed Pinkie's role in the episode, and really robbed them of the lesson. It was one thing to have him be more defensive of his home and see how that changes the story, it's another to basically just have him give them the answer that Pinkie had to go across Equestria to find.

On top of that with this ending you avoid any actual confrontation with the Yaks to have some sort of closure between Spike and them which should have been the climax of the story. Spike says like one sentence out of nowhere, not at all feeling the need to voice this opinion that he acts was like the first thing he thought about what was going on during the long hours of preparing for this meeting, and somehow solves all the problems... it's too far. Pinkie should have done her own thing while Twilight did hers with Spike and Rarity.

6251299
I was afraid of this.

Spike didn't suddenly have an epiphany; I tried to make that clear.

All he did was what he tends to do best:
Sit back, listen, and catch on to things the rest of the main six miss in their hurry to find a solution.
Honestly, when he presented his idea, he wasn't fully sure it was the right answer or that they would even listen to his suggestion.

And believe me, I didn't want to make Spike a gary stu in this story.


Also, about the whole, letting Twilight go along with her plan.
It wouldn't have worked; most of her friends would instantly stop her because they know from personal experience that; Paranoid Twilight=Bad.
The only reason Spike didn't try is because he can sometimes be lazy and selfish, especially when he's tired and just being pulled along for the ride.

6251533 Yes, Spike tends to follow a very rational set of thinking. Just use magic, Twilight beat her your friends aren't going to stop liking you, etc. But here's the thing, no one ever listens to him when he gives them the answer, it's a running joke. It's not that Spike's opinions are given less credit as much as it Twilight gets to caught up in her head and her thing to reconsider. Twilight also doesn't go to her friends every time things aren't going her way. Lesson Zero, being given all the Alicorn magic, End of the World Prophecy, etc. Half the time her friends get dragged into her crazy plans and go along with it.

6252515
Fair enough, on your argument about Spike. But I would speculate that they don't always ignore; He's actually participating more in the new season.

"Half the time her friends get dragged into her crazy plans and go along with it"
Most of the time Twilights plans aren't "crazy", she just sometimes doesn't think things through or is being stubborn.

I'd like to think that when they see legit lesson-zero-levels of crazy, that then they would make an active effort to stop her.

That was simple, The Comic was quicker.

:twilightoops: The Yakastans declared war!

:trollestia: Any thing else Twilight?

Yakastan was a smoking hole of a cinder nothing was left living or dead just a burned out crater.:facehoof:

:twilightsmile: you can tell me Raritys secret. . .

:moustache: nope :raritywink:
pre07.deviantart.net/dff1/th/pre/i/2014/346/d/f/socks___by_hillbe-d89mbtw.jpg

Login or register to comment