• Published 29th Jun 2015
  • 1,757 Views, 36 Comments

Spike Does Not Approve - TerrestrialDrake



Spike does not take kindly to rude guests.

  • ...
5
 36
 1,757

We can talk about this...

When the lavender alicorn stomped forward, her hooves banging loudly against the crystal floor, until she was right in front of her scaly assistant. When she was only a few inches away from Spike, Rainbow Dash finally let go of him, he stumbled a little from the sudden drop, but quickly recovered and meekly looked up to the glowering alicorn.

"Well Spike?" Twilight began. "Do you have anything to say for yourself?" She finished with an irritated huff. "I- uh- um, well you see...", Spike was a blubbering mess, not only could he not really place why he had reacted so violently, but Twilight's judgmental stare was also making him second guess his actions.

The young drake was seconds away from just giving up and opting for the classic, "I'm so sorry, I just don't know what came over me.", and accept the inevitable grounding. That is until a certain purple maned unicorn with a white coat and dazzling blue eyes decided to speak up.

"Well, if Spike doesn't have anything to say, I'd like to speak on his behalf.", Rarity said as she stepped over to the dragon's right side, with only the slightest hint of animosity in her voice. "I think that Spike did an excellent job at teaching those ruffians some manners.", the unicorn proclaimed whilst putting a fore leg around the little guy, "And I'm honestly a little disappointed in all us for not reacting as fast as he did.", she finished while raising her nose up a bit.

Twilight just stood there for a few seconds stunned by Rarity's outburst, but quickly found her composure, "O-oh come on, they're just, uhh... different.", she responded uncertainly.

Rarity simply shook her head in response, "Be that as it may that is no excuse for the way they acted.", she responds quickly, "And if they sought to live peacefully with us then they would have had to have eventually learned that this type of behavior is not acceptable.

The lavender equine opened mouth her to respond but was interrupted by a certain shy and yellow speaking up, "I, um, gotta go with Spike and Rarity on this.", Fluttershy says as she took to the drake's left. Twilight sputtered a little, at a loss for words, until just saying "Y-you too?"

"Umm, don't get me wrong, I not much for violence", Fluttershy says, letting some of her hair cover her right eye, "And I do think that Spike's hurtful words were a bit uncalled for."

Twilight's ears perk up a little at what Fluttershy was saying. "So your on my si-". But she was quickly cut off, "Ah ah ah, let me finish.", the yellow one said as she raised her foreleg and put it on Spike's shoulder.

"I do however think that the Yaks were being very mean, bully-ish, unappreciative and needed to be taught a lesson.", Fluttershy finished with a decisive "Humph!" Then another pony decided to speak up before Twilight could even think of a response, "Yeah, Twi, what those Yaks were doing was pretty un-cool.", Rainbow commented as she hovered behind Spike.

Twilight sputtered for a few seconds until just incredulously saying. "But, you and Applejack helped me stop him!" Rainbow simply rolled her eyes in response. "The only reason I held him back was because I thought he was going to flame broil those guys; not because I didn't like what he was doing.", at that Rainbow landed on her rump and folded her forelegs in front of her chest, "Sorry egghead, not budging on this one.".

Spike had remained un-characteristically quite during this whole exchange but decided that now would probably be the best time to try and reason with his sister/mother/best friend. "Come on Twilight, are you really that angry at me for what I did?" Spike said as he stepped forward and put a hand on her shoulder.

There were a few seconds of silence as the alicorn turned her head away and refused to look her assistant in the eye, but eventually, with an exasperate sigh, she wrapped a wing around him in a hug.

"Okay... maybe I should've been a little bit more understanding.", she sheepishly said as she brought Spike in for a hug. "A little?" Rarity commented. "Maybe?" Fluttershy questioned but the drake simply turned his head and shushed them both. "I guess I just got too carried away trying to make this event perfect.", Twilight guiltily admitted, "It's okay Twi, I know.", Spike says as he returned the hug wholeheartedly.

"Uh, not breakup this extremely heart-wrenching moment, but shouldn't we be checking up on AppleJack and Pinkie?" Rainbow suddenly pointed out while hovering over the duo.

----------------------------------------
"Oh sweet Celestia no.", Twilight muttered as she, Spike, Fluttershy, Rarity, and Rainbow Dash looked at what was happening. Applebloom and the rest of the Cutie Mark Crusaders telling off the Yak prince himself, in front of Applejack's barn.

We be proud and strong warriors!, the Prince Yak bellowed, flaring his nostrils, whilst baring down on the three fillies. "I don't know, AppleJack said you weren't looking so proud and strong when Spike was about to break his foot in your-" Scootaloo was about to finish her sentence until a blue blur swept her up into the air.

"Hey girls how about we go up to the club house?!" Rainbow Dash hurriedly says before zooming off. "What a pleasant idea darling! HaHaHa!" Rarity says awkwardly as she trotted off after Rainbow, carrying the two other fillies with her magic.

The Yak trio then turned towards the yellow pegasus, alicorn, and teenage drake with a dissatisfied grunt and marched towards them, Spike then proceed to put a hand on the top of his head and say, "-sigh- This won't end well.", as he walked forward.

Author's Note:

Sorry if you don't like that this chapter isn't as action packed as the first.