• Published 29th Jun 2015
  • 1,757 Views, 36 Comments

Spike Does Not Approve - TerrestrialDrake



Spike does not take kindly to rude guests.

  • ...
5
 36
 1,757

You can tell me anything.

After a few pointed glare towards Spike, courtesy of the Yaks, and some hurried talking and quick thinking on Twilight's and Fluttershy's part, the Yaks were on their way to Fluttershy's mini-animal parade.(With Pinkie watching from the side-lines.)

"Alright Spike.", Twilight said as she turned toward her number one assistant, "I think those two should be able to handle our guests and the rest off the girls should be back soon as well.", she says as she places Spike on her back.

"Let me guess, you want to talk about my little burst this morning?" Spike says as he secured his stubby legs along Twilight's sides. With that said, Twilight teleported them both into Spike's new bedroom, bouncing slightly as they landed on his bed. The room it's self was mostly clean, aside from a few gem shards on the floor and a... Rarity-Plushy on his pillow?

"Spike..", Twilight says as she levitates the doll up to eye level with her, to get a closer look. "What is this thing and why do you have it?" She says, more than a little weirded out that he has this thing in his room and on his bed.

The young drake looked up to his care taker with genuine confusion in eyes before saying, "Wait- Weren't you the one who gave it to me?", he finishes with an incredulously tone in his voice. "W-what?", Twilight states flabbergasted, "Why would I give it to yo-You know what? Forget it.", the lavender says definitively, obviously not wanting to explore the past of the honestly creepy object. "That isn't why I brought us here anyway.", the alicorn says as she flings the plushy to the opposite side of the room with her magic.

With that said she wrapped Spike in a hug, his back pressing into her chest, and rolled on to her back so that they were both looking up at the ceiling. Her fore legs were wrapped around his belly and his hands rested on her hooves, effectively snuggling Spike against her, making Twilight giggle from his spines digging in into her chest and tickling her.

This was an old little coping method the duo used when either one of them was feeling stressed, or when they needed to some peace and quite to talk things over, such as right now.

"So, why did you get so angry at them for trying to wreck the castle?" Twilight started off, "Because I'm gonna be honest; the way you snapped at them was very unlike you.", she finished while looking down at her adoptive drake brother.

"I- I'm not sure Twi...", Spike said, turning his head to the side, trying to avoid his sister's gaze. In truth, even after being given time to think it over, Spike still didn't know why he reacted so quickly and with such rage, even though he did hold himself back a bit.

The alicorn hummed in thought for a moment before saying, "I think I might know way to figure out why; I'm gonna need you to close your eyes and recall what you did", she said, turning Spikes head so that he was looking straight a head again.

Spike hesitated a few seconds but eventually started recalling the memory, "Good, now focus on what you were feeling during the whole experience, primarily during, just before, and after you were attacking them.", she explains.

It wasn't long before Spike could roughly remember how he was feeling during the whole incident, "Good, now tell me exactly what you were feeling.", Twilight finished.

"Well, I felt angry, felt kinda primal, like when I felt during my birthday incident", he said frowning. "But also... kinda sad.", Twilight tilted her head in thought at this. "Sad? Why would you b-, Wait second! Primal!?" The purple alicorn suddenly shouts.

Spike looks up to Twilight with a questioning hum. "Of course, the reason you got so heated was because you're still, uh,... sore about Tirek destroying the Library", Twilight concluded. "Yeah, maybe, but that doesn't explain why it felt primal or similar to when I feel greed.", Spike says, questioning Twi's logic. "Oh, that's easy, dragons are notorious for being very territorial; they don't sleep on their treasure just because it's comfy.", Twilight quickly explains.

"Wow, Twilight.", Spike says with genuine suprise in his tone. "Since when did you suddenly become a philospher?" The older sibiling chuckles in response to her brother's teasing, "Very funny Spike.", she says, "But ohnestly, I've been getting some lessons about how to read people from Cadnce."

Spike was about to inquire more, but was quickly cut off by Twilight saying, "But more importantly, what we just found out could help with appeasing our Yak friends, the alicorn excitedly says as she turns Spike around to face her.

The young assistant new the look on his caretaker's face all to well and his expression showed his apprehension perfectly. "Oh, don't give me that look Spike.", Twilight says as she jumps off the bed and puts the dragon on her back, using her levitation spell. "Besides, if all goes well, you'll get a special gift from your beloved Rarity", she says, turning back to Spike, giving him a wink.

"Uuuh, am I gonna need an adu-", Spike starts apprehensively, only for Twilight to cut him off by shouting, "I am an adult!" Before teleporting them both away.

'Oh boy...', was the last thing the little assistant thought as he was teleported away by his older companion.

Author's Note:

Sorry if this seems a bit sillier than the others.

I was kind of in a silly mode when I typed it up.:twilightblush: