• Published 29th Jun 2015
  • 1,756 Views, 36 Comments

Spike Does Not Approve - TerrestrialDrake



Spike does not take kindly to rude guests.

  • ...
5
 36
 1,756

No! None of that!

Spike was going about putting the final touches on his preparations for the Yak's visit, just as Twilight had instructed him to. Checking to see if all the food he had prepared was in place, his announcing trumpet was working at maximum efficiency, and making sure that all of the entrance hall and halls leading to it were extra clean.

'Not to shabby, if I do say so myself.', Spike thought to himself as he finished putting everything in place and grabbing his long horn trumpet. He took one more peak into the entrance hall to see how the others were doing, wincing a little when he saw that Twilight was kinda losing her cool, but otherwise impressed that all the others had properly done their part of the preparations.

He retreated back into the halls, after silently thanking the rest of the main six for calming Twi down, and quietly waited on the Yak's arrival. Then the entrance to the castle doors suddenly burst open revealing their guests, big burly creatures with massive horns, lots of fur, and wearing various forms of ornate gold jewelry and some light body amour.

'Wow, those guys look pretty tough... well except that their makes'em look kinda hippie-ish.', Spike thought upon seeing them. They were quick to make it down the halls to where the welcoming party was being held, so Spike quickly stepped through the doorway to the entrance hall and used his trumpet to announce the Yak's arrival.

Not even a second after blowing the horn the doors slam open and flatten Spike against the wall, consequently breaking his trumpet in the process.

'I wonder if I should be worried that I'm getting used to this?, Spike thought as he de-sandwiched himself from in between the door and the wall just in time to hear Twilight say, "You must be hungry after your long journey.", and quite hurriedly signal for him to bring in the food. I quickly push the table full of food in front of the trio of Yaks as Twilight says. "We've prepared a banquet of traditional Yak foods!"

The Prince gives the food a quick once over before abruptly stating, "If things not perfect Yaks get mad. Yaks always get mad when things not perfect.", making Twilight gulp nervously just before the Yak prince takes a bite. The Prince immediately spits it out, splattering some food on the princess's cheek, and shouts. "This no taste like Yak food!" His nostrils begin to flair making Spike and the others nervous. "Fake pony food make Yaks mad!" he declares before using his large horns to flip the table, giving a war cry, and then him and his friends start trampling it's underside.

Everypony was stunned into silence, including Spike, until they started trashing the castle. When the Yaks went after the interior of the castle, when that happened it looked like something had snapped in Spike, his eye's widened and he clenched his fists. Spike almost immediately sprints toward one of the yaks shouting. "Hey! HEY! Get your hooves off the castle!" before breathing a jet of green flame.

The Yak reared back, letting out a sort of deep-throated squeal when the fire shot in front of him, singeing his fur and making him retreat back little. But the young drake wasn't done yet, he quickly set out to herding together the Yaks with his dragon fire, and some fierce roars and growls, until all three were huddled into a corner of the castle.

The crystals of the castle were visibly heated up, almost to their melting point, wherever Spike's happened to hit them when he herded the foreigners, but he was careful not to actually set anything on fire during his little rage. The Yaks tried to put up a tough front, fixing the dragon with a smoldering glare, but it was obvious from their tentative movements that they weren't about to make any sudden movements, for fear of getting a face full of dragon fire.

"Listen!" Spike shouted. "I don't care how things work in your country but in Equestria you don't go around smashing people's property just because you decided you wanted to have a hissy fit!" he said, stepping closer to the foreigners. "You got that you bunch of overgrown gerbils!?" Smoke was streaming out the corners of his mouth at this point and his pupils had become even thinner, giving him a more predatory look.

The drake's ranting might have gone on for longer had he not been encased in an all to familiar lavender aura of magic and dragged behind Twilight and her friends. Where he was then promptly restrained by Applejack and Rainbow Dash, though he was to stunned from the jarring movement to put up any sort of resistance.

"I am so so sooo sorry for my assistance's outburst, he's usually so well behaved!" The Princess says teleporting in front of the trio, but before they can say anything in response, she quickly starts pushing them towards the exit with a wall of magic as she nervously says. "But let's not dwell on the past, how about my best friends Applejack and Pinkie Pie show you to where you'll be sleeping!?"

At that, AJ takes the hint and rushes over as Rainbow Dash quickly wraps Spike in bear hug from behind as soon as the orange pony leaves to follow the Yaks out the door.

"I unfortunately will not be able to accompany you on your walk!" Twilight shouts after the Yaks, "I have some... things I need to discuss with my assistant.", she says as she telekinetically shuts the door with her magic before turning to give Spike a pointed glare.

"Oh boy..", Spike warily thinks as the angry alicorn stomps toward him while he is trapped in Rainbow Dash's hold.

Author's Note:

Yeah, as you can tell, this my first story.

So criticism of any kind is welcome.