• Published 29th Jun 2015
  • 1,756 Views, 36 Comments

Spike Does Not Approve - TerrestrialDrake



Spike does not take kindly to rude guests.

  • ...
5
 36
 1,756

Pandering Is Magic

The wind picks up slightly as Spike rests on Twilight's back as she soars over Ponyville, a content and smug smile on her face, occasionally letting lose a disturbing giggle, an expression that Spike has learned to always dread and question.

"Okay Twilight, what's the deal?" Spike asks his friend as he gets a better grip on her, seeing that they were about to go in for a landing. "Be patient, Spike.", his guardian predictably says as she swoops down and lands in front of Rarity's Boutique, a smirk on her face all the while.
Spike hoops off Twilight's and goes up to knock on the dress maker's door, but stops just short when he hears sad piano music coming from inside.

He presses his ear against the door of the boutique to hear more and is greeted by the all too familiar, and far too disturbing, sound of Rarity inhaling ice cream.

"Oh, geez...", Spike sighs out before swinging the door open to see Rarity laying back on her lounge couch with her faced stuff inside an ice cream container. "Come on Rarity, we've been over this!" Spike shouts as he runs over to try and pry the tub of ice cream from the distraught mare.

The white equine immediately wrapped her magic around the container when she felt Spike try to pull it away. "Moo, leev mee uloan!" Rarity shouts with a mouth full of the white and creamy goodness.

This soon sparks a mini-tug-of-war between the two until a certain lavender alicorn interferes, an aura of purple magic surrounds the ice-cream container from in between the two, and flung it into Rarity's trash bin.

"Come on, Rarity!" Spike whined as the purple maned mare crossed her forelegs with a pout on her face, her mascara still slightly running.

"What's got you so down in the dumps anyways?", Twilight inquires while stepping forward to council her friend. But the unicorn simply gestures toward a door to Twilight's left, the door to Rarity's, "Inspiration Room".

Twilight trots over to the door, leaving her assistant to try and counsel her distressed friend, and enters to see what it was that upset Rarity.

The room was cluttered, disorganized, and smelled faintly of Dior perfume, as per usual. Then she noticed what was out of place, pieces of manikins were shattered and scattered everywhere; the stands they were situated on were bent way beyond repair.

'Oh no..., Twilight thought as she put a hoof to her mouth. 'These were Rarity's favorite/only manikins! She even gave them little names, no wonder she's so sad.. The alicorn suddenly sets a determined look on her face.

'As a good friend, it's my responsibility to be there for her.. She turns around and walks back into the main room, ready to join her friends on the couch, only to be stopped by a rather unusual sight.

Rarity was sitting upright on the couch with Spike wrapped in her fore legs, his face was lined up with hers, and her eyes were bring with tears.

"Oh Spikey-Wikey!" Rarity squeals as she brings Spike in for a tight hug, pressing his face into her chest, and crying a few tears of relief, "I don't know what I'd do without you.", she confesses as she shakes from left to right.

"No problem, Rarity, it's what friends do.", came out Spikes muffled voice from the unicorn's chest; with a light chuckle, Twilight pulls Spike away from Rarity with her magic and sits beside her on the couch.

"Sorry to break up the moment Rarity, but I think that you were suffocating him a little.", Twilight remarks as she takes a seat on the other side of Rarity.

The unicorn blushed a little at the comment whilst she was wiping away her tears, "I suppose you're right, darling.", Rarity says as she fixes her hair with a little magic.

"What did you say to her anyways, Spike?", Twilight questioned while eyeing her little brother. "Well I-", Spike started, but was quickly interrupted by Rarity clamping his mouth shut with her magic.

"I would actually like to keep that a secret, Darling", the unicorn says as she cleans up her mascara.

Twilight gives Rarity a questioning look for moment before deciding to drop it, this wasn't the reason she came here anyway. "Okay, then let's get to why me and Spike came here in the first place.", the alicorn says as she lifted both Rarity and Spike in the air and put them beside each other.

"I want you to pretend to be Spike's girlfriend and I want Spike to pretend to be a great warrior.", Twilight says as her hair begins to split a little. "Okaaay, Darling, why?", Rarity questions an incredulous tone in her voice as she slowly rotates in the air.

"To appease the Yaks of course!", she stated as her pupils dilated significantly. "The Yaks will relate more to a warrior and they'd understand Spike's violent outburst if they knew his significant other was in the room when they were going on a rampage.", she finished explained her distorted logic with a little giggle.

"Oh wow, Twi, even your fanfics aren't thi-", the little dragon is quickly cut off by Twilight shouting, "You promised to never tell!", she hollers while pointing an accusing hoof towards him.

"Please don't tell she actually writes those.", Rarity says while giving Spike a sidelong glance, "I really wish I could.", Spike says in a tired tone before they're both suddenly being pulled through the store's front door and outside with Twilight in front of them.

"Ugh, I don't have time this!" Twilight comments in an exasperated tone as she takes off into the air with both Spike and Rarity in tow.

"Sooo, should we try and stop her?" Rarity inquires, looking directly at the little assistant as they went through the air. "Nah, to tired, and I haven't really got much else to do today.", Spike responds while shrugging.

"Besides, I'd say this is actually a marked improvement over the last time she freaked out", Spike says with some snark.

They both share a nervous little fit of laughter at that comment.

Author's Note:

1)Sorry for the exceedingly long update time, some financial things came up that needed to be taken care of first.

2)Updates should be a lot more consistent from now on.

3)I promise this is as silly as the fic will get; I don't want to go too crazy with it.