• Published 8th May 2015
  • 1,352 Views, 6 Comments

Taismo: The Equestria Games - RockStarMLP



Enjoying the Equestria Games becomes difficult as Twilight tries to host her visiting guests, acquaint her family to her newest friends, and disfavoring royal ponies

  • ...
1
 6
 1,352

Bonus Chapter: Proposal

Author's Note:

SURPRISE! HERE'S A SPECIAL BONUS CHAPTER!


I decided that as a way to celebrate my birthday today, I'd post a special bonus chapter to Taismo: The Equestria Games. Originally this was meant to go on a DeviantArt submission, but seeing how that submission still requires work as this portion was already drafted, I wrote it out to be especially connected with both Taismo and MLP after becoming a fan of the latter. This is set between the end of this story and before the events of Twilight's Kingdom: Unite & Ascend, just to clarify some continuity here.

Anyway, I hope you have a nice read of this special bonus chapter and the official conclusion of Taismo: The Equestria Games! Enjoy and keep rocking everypony! \m/ /)

Mobius was an incredible place! The planet was in full celebration mode as Team JAG held the annual anniversary celebration for the end of the Metarex War, recognizing the events of the climatic end and the heroes who fought and sacrificed themselves for the better of their galaxy. Beings from distant planets and numerous dimensions came together to enjoy the day with fun, especially in the musical sense.

Twilight and her friends and family, along with many, many other ponies from Equestria, took in their new environment greatly. They had met so many new beings, got to explore the Seedrian civilization of Synthesis, and to see what happens when worlds come together for a party that both Pinkie Pie and Cheese Sandwich could barely fathom. They got to see it all and then some, especially Nyx after Tails fulfilled his promise by taking her aboard the X-Tornado, a flying craft of his ingenuity, into the high skies above Mobius. It was indeed an adventure everypony would remember forever.

But the climax to the day was the annual concert performed by the Team JAG Band, and it blew them away from the very start. It made their concert that closed the Equestria Games look like it was played in a small concert club in Manehattan. Songs were played that the ponies had already heard before and got to sing along to, and heard the Band play brand new songs for the very first time, and so many others that were just as new. They even dedicated a few songs to Equestria, especially the ones Nyx got to help pick for them to perform.

The show also revealed some of the members in, what the ponies believed to be, some immersed and vulnerable states. It started with Ash, who had lead vocal duty for the opening two songs, and he let himself give them his all, and that was just the beginning. Gohan showed times of displaying aggression and rage, especially when his various roles called for complete attention. Yugi, perhaps the most collected that night, arguably had the most colorful roles to fill and voices to mimic as he sang, letting out powerful emotion each time. Similar to him was Jason, but the fillies and colts of the crowd saw both his moments where he might’ve cried, and his most furious and livid sides during a couple selected songs. Dan, Ami, Yumi, Kim, Ron and Aelita, all of them shared their roles respectively, one never outshining the other as they played with each other or the Master Four.

Tails, however, stood out above the rest, taking each role he had with honor and compassion. It was actually a very important concert for him, in more ways than one. With the input Nyx had given the Band, the two-tailed hero of Mobius made his official debut as a sole vocalist for new songs such as ‘Who I Am’ and ‘You’ll Be in My Heart,’ garnering a great celebration from the crowd. He cited both the Sparkle family and Cosmo for giving him that push of courage to finally take on the role of a lead vocalist more frequently. Every time he was on the stage, he would gesture to his beloved flower, who looked up at her lover celebrating a common interest that had a big help in the resurrection of her and her people. She couldn’t always get it with the music, but she always found it entertaining and intriguing to watch what the Band does on a regular basis. The annual anniversary concert wasn’t just about the defeat of the Metarex. It was a day of love for the fox and flower, and it was about to have an even greater importance for them.

Over four hours of performing had passed until the Team JAG Band made it to the show's final encore. The first song was a full-out jam session, having every member of the Band perform a song called 'Am I Evil?' all at once, and they even invited everyone from Team Sonic, Team Eggman, and even their new pony friends to join in on the jam. Then they played another two songs, both being very significant to the Band as they were part of every main encore, and having emotional connection with everybody’s favorite lovebirds Tails and Cosmo. The songs were called 'Numb' and 'Here Without You,' songs that the entire audience sang along with the band if not cheering loudly. The latter song had just concluded as those still on stage arranged themselves for the next song.

"Thank you so much, everybody! You helped make this day the most memorable anniversary yet!" Jason, the Master Four member that was fronting the band for the last song, addressed the audience for supposedly one last time. "We're down to our last song for you tonight, but I want you to make some noise one more time, for our friends here in the front row..." he pointed a finger down towards those he referenced while the stage cameras showed them on the giant background screen, "...I want to hear your cheer for our heroes of the day: TEAM SONIC!!!"

The camera showed the entirely of the present group, along with those from Team Eggman and their friends from Ponyville that accompanied them in the front row of the massive crowd in the field before the stage. Sonic, Knuckles, Chris, Amy, Cream, everybody was shown in attendance, sans a certain Seedrian heroine who was standing backstage to watch the show, as requested by her beloved. Nobody in the group questioned the fox's request, but only Sonic knew the real intentions. The iconic hedgehog gave a wink and thumbs-up when the camera was pointed directly at him, with Shadow and Rainbow Dash making appearances in the background. The gesture, however, was aimed directly for the fox onstage with his favorite guitar, who nodded with a grin in return.

"This is the last song we have left for you, and I know damn well you know what song I'm talking about," Jason said again, receiving a loud cheer from the vast audience. "This goes out to everyone out there who ask themselves about how to do what's best, to do the right thing, to stand up and fight! To all our friends and family, let's close this show out! This song is called, 'What If.' Mr. Ketchum, get us started..."

The mentioned guitarist played the opening notes to the final song, gently playing into the opening riff that Tails provided. The two guitars played their roles together as Yugi began to smoothly enter the sound of his bass guitar. A moment of their melody passed before Gohan banged his drums to cue a note from Ash. The four instrumentalists played full blast together behind the mimicle singing Jason provided as they performed one of their all-time favorite songs-

"I can't find the rhyme in all my reason

Lost sense of time and all seasons

Feel I've been beaten down

By the words of men who have no grounds

"Can't sleep beneath the trees of wisdom

With your axe has cut the roots that feed them

Forked tongues in bitter mouths

Can drive a man to bleed from inside out

"What if you did?

What if you lied?

What if I avenge?

What if eye for an eye?

"I've seen the wicked fruit of your vine

Destroy the man who lacks a strong mind

Human pride sings a vengeful song

Inspired by the times you've been walked on

"My stage is shared by many millions

Who lift their hands up high because they feel this

We are one, we are strong

The more you hold us down the more we press on

"What if you did?

What if you lied?

What if I avenge?

What if eye for an eye?"

The point of time came for Ash and Tails to share center stage together for a guitar solo duel. They each took a turn to play one solo after another, showing off their guitar skills with what fast and complex sounds they could make right there in the moment. Gohan and Yugi played a steady rhythm with their instruments behind the guitarists' echoing duel, and Jason stood on the highest riser behind the main drum kit. When each solo was played, the audience cheered loudly, but it was easily hearable that Tails was the favorite in volume of his cheers, to which he grinned as he shredded on his favorite Les Paul.

Four synchronized power chords ended the duel, then the guitar sounds made way to the rhythm from the background. Ash remained in the front center as Tails made his way over to the front left, the closest to where Cosmo was. As they separated, Jason called out "MAKE SOME NOISE FOR ASH KETCHUM AND TAILS!!!" The audience responded another long and loud cheer, both guitarists bowing in return. When the cheering lowered again, the band continued with the song, starting from where the song was left off at.

"I know I can't hold the hate inside my mind...

'Cause what consumes your thoughts controls your life

"So I'll just ask a question...

A really simple question...

I'll just ask one question!!!-"

"WHAT IF! WHAT If! What if. What iifff..."

Almost the entire audience began to sing the next part of the song, but they quickly found themselves not singing with the Team JAG Band. Right when Jason would sing, everything on the stage went quiet, and the lights turned off and the sight of the stage disappeared. “What was happening?” everyone began to think aloud. This had never happened before, with the only exceptions being during different songs from previous JAGFest concerts. A minute would pass before a single shining, moving spotlight gave any instance of an answer.

In the shrouded darkness, Tails had turned his guitar around so he could carry it on his back, and walked over to his beloved Cosmo. He took her hand and began to walk her out onto the stage, their presence shown by the spotlight Ferb was controlling backstage. Phineas had hit a button on his control panel that allowed a guitar stand to rise out of the stage next to Tails's personal microphone stand. The couple stopped there for a moment, allowing Tails to take off his guitar and set it on the stand and remove the microphone off his stand. When that was done, the other microphone stands along the front of the stage disappeared, leaving the whole area virtually open, saving the two custom percussion kits on the two ends. Tails and Cosmo arrived at the front center, standing there for a couple seconds before Tails raised the hand holding the microphone up towards him.

"Before we end this show, I need to say something," Tails went on to say. The background screen began to show an image of the two where they were, just distant enough to put then both in full frame and some additional black background behind them.

"It's been eight years… eight long years since the Metarex War had finally ended. After what happened that day, I was left very hurt and broken apart for what took place, and I honestly didn't believe that life had any worth anymore. Even if I refused to see it back then, I had the love and support of my friends when they tried to help me when I needed it most. We've been there for each other no matter what long before we fought the Metarex, and we've had that same bond to today, and we'll still have it for a long, long time ahead.

"All I can do is the simplest thing to show how much that means to me. Now for both myself and Cosmo here, we have been blessed to have met so many others through Team JAG, and all our connections we have with everyone from Station Square. We even had been happy enough to meet and befriend our newest friends from the world of Equestria, all of whom we're grateful to see join with everyone here tonight. But as grateful I am for everyone who supports us, there those right here that I need to say this to." He pointed one of his fingers down to the group directly in front of him and Cosmo, a certain group who the couple knew better than anyone else.

"Sonic, Knuckles, Amy, Cream, Cheese, and Chris: Thank you. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for everything. No matter what has happened, you've stuck by us and supported all we've done and gone through. I know one thing for fact, that everything we do to this day is thanks to your friendship and our bond we share, and Cosmo and I are always grateful to have you to make up our core family. The same thanks go out to Vector, Espio, Charmy, Rouge, Decoe, Bocoe, Bokkun, Maria, Shadow and Doctor Eggman, because you've been just as supportive for us since that day. I can never say this enough, but I'll always say this with full meaning: Thank you, thank you, thank you! You're the best friends I could ask for, and the same goes for the Team JAG Band and our Ponyville friends too!"

Tails gave an attempt to clap his hands, one of which still holding the microphone and clenched as a fist. As he did, the entire audience behind his mentioned friends began to do the same and the stage cameras and spotlight shined down on them. Many of them just smiled and waved, while a couple others either gave their own little pose or just stood still and stoic. The applause went on for at least a minute, but having been shining in the silhouette from the background screen's glow, one of the Master Four cued their stage managers to redirect the focus back to Tails and Cosmo. The refocused camera showed the two just on time for Tails to continue talking.

"But above all else, today is a day that has one very important meaning. I know everyone knows what I mean by that, so I'll try to keep this short. Today marks the worst day of my life, the day when I had lost the closest person in my life..." His focus turned from the audience to the young woman standing by his side as he continued. "Cosmo...

"Cosmo, I don't know how to begin to describe you. Since the day you fell from the sky to here on Mobius, you have always had this special aura surrounding you. You're caring, you're understanding, you're supportive, and above all else you're loving and selfless. During the Metarex War, I got to know so much about you, to know who you are, and although I couldn't say it to you then, I began to have feelings for you. I fell in love with you, the most beautiful girl in the universe.

"You became my best friend during our adventures, and you became my most important source of inspiration and support. Any time I spent with you then and spend with you now I can remember in full detail. But eight years ago today, when you were willing to sacrifice yourself to save us all from the Metarex..." Tails started to choke on his words as he kept talking, unable to hide the painful tears lining his eyes. "...it was the day I first openly said just how much you mean to me. It was the worst day of my life because I couldn't say those words to you the right way. It was the worst day of my life because... b-because I lost you. I lost the one person I love more than anything else."

Both the fox and the flower couldn't hide their emotions too well as they let tears fall down their cheeks. Cosmo covered her mouth with a hand to try and muffle what whimpers she thought could escape. That attempt, however, when Tails extended his hand up towards the same hand covering her mouth, lowering it off and holding it tightly as he continued on.

"W-what happened that day, I'll never forget it. I thought you were g-gone f-forever, and it destroyed me inside. I felt alone, I felt empty, I f-felt as if half of me died along with you. I even... I even... I never admitted this before, but I f-felt life have no meaning to me, that I was better off dead. I never felt such pain in my life because of how much you became an importance in my life. I had given up, and I almost even considered..."

Tails's choked on his words, causing him to leave his previous sentence unfinished. His eyes took a quick glance at the nearby audience, specifically the younger friends still in their childhood. He contemplated being slightly honest with his next words, rearranging his words just enough to soften the blow. The thought was as dismissed as fast the idea came to mind, as everybody, and everypony, in front of him was familiar with his past enough to hear what he had to say. With a deep breath, and a break in his dam of emotions, he went on talking again.

"I almost even considered suicide. The idea of life with everybody but you was too painful to me, and I didn't want to try it. It wasn’t fair to not have you with us, or with me. Your loss showed me something in my grief before the Master Four told me of the plans for the day of Revival, something that I still feel to this day. I know you know this already, but I need to make a change in my life, for both our lives...” The two-tailed fox smiled, allowing all his emotion to escape to say what he’s been wanting say for a long time.

"I love you, Cosmo. You're all I could every pray for and so much more. You're all I need to keep me stable and in my best mood. We have our friends, we have your family, we have so many people in our lives that have shown us time and time again how much our lives together are important to them. They know why our lives together are important to us. They couldn't accept you being gone or me in my lowest state, and I feel they deserve the proper thanks in the only way I see fit. Cosmo, you are my heart and soul, the brightest star in my night sky, and the most beautiful song I could hear sing to me, but I need to make changes for us to assure that never changes. I love you so much Cosmo, and I can't imagine my life without you there in it. I want to spend the rest of my life with you, and there's only one way I can do that..."

Cosmo stared at Tails as he let his grip of her hand go, and then use his open hand to reach behind him. He pulled something out of his namesakes, covering it from her sight she covered her mouth in a gasp as she watched Tails kneel down on his right knee while the audience couldn't help but cheer at what they were witnessing before them. He then showed the mystery item to be a small jewelry box, opening it to reveal a shiny new ring with a beautiful gemstone glistening in the limelight. Her focus shifted from the ring to her beloved fox who displayed a confident and emotional smiling face towards her as he asked her his proposal-

"Cosmo, will you marry me?"

The audience cheered for a few seconds before becoming silent, waiting with Tails for what was expected to be an obvious answer. What they got instead was seeing a very stunned Cosmo standing still, her pupils narrowed as small as possible as she fought the urge to cry. It was a look of sheer shock, but overjoyed nonetheless. When her hands lowered, a smile of quivering lips was revealed as she tried to find the words to speak clearly with. She found what she wanted to say, and started to lean herself down towards Tails to say-

"Yes! Yes! YES!" Amy and Cream cried out from just below them, chanting out the answer everybody was waiting to hear. Their eyes were wide open with high expectation, but the others had to reel them in from their interruption. All eyes turned to Cosmo standing in her place trembling and wide-eyed, waiting to see her response. The actions of excited friends, however, opened the door for others to do the same.

"YES! YES! YES! YES!"

It started with Nyx and the Cutie Mark Crusaders, and then Pinkie Pie chimed in. Amy and Cream began to repeat themselves and join in with the others. They chanted on and on, but they weren't the only ones for long. The couple began to hear some of the Band members start to chat from the sides of the stage, then Team Sonic joined in, then the ponies, then everyone from Station Square.

"YES! YES! YES! YES!"

It didn't take too long to take what sounded as very few to many more to follow suit. One group after another around the sea of friends and allies joined in on the chant. The more they chanted, the louder the sound grew, echoing from every corner near and far, the farthest being the attending Transformers standing in the far back. The sheer volume echoed all around Synthesis, even a faint sound becoming heard in the distant Acorn Kingdom.

"YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!"

The massive amount of cheering began to overwhelm the two standing under the stage's limelight. Cosmo continued to stand still with her hands covering her mouth, but couldn't help herself from taking a glance out at the sea of chanters and laugh. She laughed at the sheer overjoy at where she was that point in time, alive and well on her home planet of Mobius and standing before thousands her best friend and one true love down on one knee asking for her hand in marriage. Tears leaked down the sides of her face like waterfalls, her only other method of showing her overjoyed feelings.

Cosmo began to see Tails laugh as well, himself very happy to be shown such anticipation for the answer he awaited to hear. She laughed again, and then tried to collect herself with a forced cough before lowering her hands down. She pointed a finger towards his hand holding a microphone, and then motioned her hand as her way of asking for it. He handed it over to her, and she took it in both hands and raised it up to her mouth. The entire audience fell into dead silence in ten seconds flat, and only after those ten seconds did she finally say something.

"Before I give you my answer, I want you to give me one good reason why I should say no."

She then handed the microphone back to Tails, who took it back as his mind tried to find a reason to say. He did think of one reason, one as cliché as such a response could be made. Then again, he didn't really care because there was truth with it, so he held the microphone up again and gave his response in a slightly sarcastic tone.

"Because I don't deserve you."

While some of the audience laughed or booed at the cliché, Cosmo only wore a sly smile and arched her eyebrows for a moment. She knew the truth in that, and she knew he would say something along those lines to amuse her, even if she did secretly hope for a reason she wouldn't have thought of. After a moment, she decided to let go of herself, and allowed herself to openly cry. She shook her head in response, but Tails handed the microphone back to her so she could finally answer.

"Tails… you’re the only one I could ever need. Yes... Yes! YES, I'LL MARRY YOU!"

The entire population within the concert grounds erupted in cheers and applause, saving a happily weeping Cosmo and now overjoyed Tails. Upon hearing that answer, Tails smiled and laughed happily. His eyes cried rivers of joyous tears as he stood back up, removing the ring inside the jewelry box and reaching for her extended left hand. He took her hand and gently slid the ring on her ring finger, and it fit her perfectly. Their eyes turned from the finger to each other's gaze as Cosmo almost choked on her emotions. Tails wrapped an arm around her shoulders and his namesakes around her waist as he brought them in to lean into each other as they laughed and cried happily before tens and thousands before them. When Cosmo recollected herself again, she threw his arms around him as she dived her lips upon his as they shared a deep and loving kiss together.

The kiss was actually a secret cue for the Team JAG Band. It was the point when Phineas and Ferb would have parts of the front gate blocking the audience from the stage and two ramps extend out from the stage to the ground. The opened sections were for all the heroes of Mobius to rush up and join the happy couple. As they began to rush up, along with all their Station Square and pony friends and the rest of the Band from the sides, the Master Four nodded together to close out the night. The four took hold of their respective instruments, Gohan hit his drumsticks four times, and the stage went ablaze with lights and fire as the concert came to its close...

"What If

What If

What If

What If

What If I

“What If

What If

What If

What If

What If I

"What If

What If

What If

What If

What If I

"What If

What If

What If

What If

What If I

"What if you dared, what if you lied

What if I avenge, what if eye for an eye

What if your words could be just like a crime

"What If

What If...

"What If

What If

What If I

"What If

What If

What If

What If

What If I

"What If

What If

What If

What If

What If I

"What If

What If

What If

What If

What If I!

I!

I!

I!

IIIIIIIIiiiiiiiiiii!"

Upon the last note Jason had to sing, Tails grabbed his guitar, albeit a struggle through his friends and bandmates that swarmed the stage, to join the Master Four in closing the show. They performed an outro jam with the ending of a song called 'The Call of Ktulu,' which the fox had the duty to play the guitar rhythm to start it. The instrument players, with Jason hitting Gohan's cymbals with his fists, ended the entire concert with one big boom of sound.

But even though the music had stopped, the noise levels were far from quiet. While the audience cheered and applauded in standing ovation, the sounds of overjoyed friends from the stage were displayed for all to see. Many were laughing happily, some crying overjoyed, but they all were wearing smiles at the wonderful occasion.

"Oh Cosmo, this is wonderful!" Amy said, she and Cream wrapping their friend in a hug. "Congratulations!"

"We're very happy for you and Tails!" Cream followed. "Chao Chao Chao!" Cheese added.

"Thank you so much, girls," Cosmo said.

"Well it was only a matter of time," Rouge mused from behind them. "We're really happy for you, Hun."

"Congratulations, Cosmo," Maria added, herself standing next to Rouge. It was all she could say before a certain pink pony chimed in out of nowhere.

"AAHH! ThisisthegreatestanniversaryconcertandweddingproposalEVER!!!" exclaimed Pinkie Pie as she bounced around all the girls. "I'M SOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU COSMO!!!"

Next to chime in were the Cutie Mark Crusaders, all four jumping up and down around the circle already formed Cosmo's center. "She said yes! She said yes! She said yes! She said yes!" they chanted over and over. Everyone couldn't help but laugh as Cosmo knelt down to their level.

"Oh thank you girls," she told them, and opened her arms up for all four fillies to jump into her and have a big hug together.

Meanwhile on Tails's end, he was bombarded with pats on the back and handshake after handshake. No one reached out to hug him, at least not yet, as he turned in all directions to see his friends.

"Way to go there, buddy," Knuckles said. "I was starting to wonder when you'd pop the big question."

"We're all very happy for you both," Chris added.

Sonic, the only one who was kept in-the-know about the proposal outside the Team JAG Band, patted his hand on Tails's back a couple times before resting it there. "You did great up there, Tails. Cosmo couldn't ask for anybody better," he said. "Congrats, little brother."

"Thanks Sonic," Tails replied, reaching up and hugging his brother in return. "That means a lot coming from you." He then felt a nudge at his shoulder as one of the Band's newest members got his attention next.

"Welcome to the club there, buddy," Ron said. "Looks like there's two big weddings coming up soon."

"I guess so," said the fox as thee two shared a fist bump. "Speaking of which, I should get Cos-"

"That was awesome!" Rainbow Dash flew from out of nowhere and appeared in front of Tails. "Your concert was even better than what you played in Equestria, and you pulled off the coolest proposal ever! Way to go, Tails!"

Applejack, appearing alongside Rainbow but with a more collective state, walked in front of the fox and said "Congratulations, Sugarcube. We're all so happy for y'all."

Their celebrating continued on for another couple minutes before Tails finally got to reunite with Cosmo. She greeted him by pulling him in for another long, lovely kiss in front of the massive audience, causing a roar of more celebration all around them. When it had died down, the Master Four knew it was time to wrap things up for the day with everybody's closing words. To start it all off, Gohan motioned to the Band's newest duo recruits to say what they wanted to say, and taking the reins at the microphone stand first were Phineas and Ferb, the now permanent stage managers for the Team JAG Band.

"Hey Mobius, did you all have a best day ever today?!" Phineas called out. He received a loud cheer in return before handing things off to his brother.

"We'll see you again soon," Ferb stated in his usual single tone volume. The two then opened up the spot for the next duo to have their turn to speak to the audience.

While the members of the Band took their turns to speak to the audience before them, Tails and Cosmo stood off in a corner with their Mobius family to watch. When Kim and Ron were about to speak, Cosmo felt a tap on her shoulder, turning to find the Sparkle family standing there. Twilight, amongst all the celebration going around, was unable to congratulate the two yet, allowing the others to go before her. There were visual tears of joy flowing from her eyes as she wore the biggest grin across her face.

"I'm so happy for you two," she told them. "That was such a wonderful proposal Tails, and Cosmo, you're the luckiest girl I know. Congratulations!"

"Way to go, you two!" Spike added, giving the couple a thumbs-up gesture.

"Can I help with the wedding?!" Nyx practically shouted, her childlike excitement still taking over her.

Cosmo chuckled and replied with "Thank you Twilight. Thank you all so much." Her direction then turned towards the excited filly and said "I'm sure there's something you can do to help, Nyx, but Tails and I need to make some plans and decisions first."

"But can I pleeeaaasse help?" Nyx practically begged. "You did so much for me back home, and I want to help you out, too."

"Nyx, don't try to bother them. Let them choose what they want to do. It is their wedding after all," Twilight told her daughter, her attempt of reeling the filly in a success. She turned her attention back to the couple and added "She does make a point though. If there's anything we can do for you, please tell us. We would be honored to help make your big day as special as you want it to be."

"That's right," agreed Spike and Nyx.

"Thank you again," Cosmo said. "If we think of anything, we'll keep you in mind. Isn't that right, Tails?"

What the Seedrian found was her beloved fox wearing a playfully devilish grin, his eyes looking off in a different direction. It was Cosmo would call his ‘scheming-surprising’ face. He hummed for a couple seconds before saying "Hold on to that thought for a second," and then motioned to Cosmo to turn around.

With the couple's back now facing them, the three became curious about what was going on with the two. Tails had whispered something to Cosmo's through her leafy green hair. After that, she whispered back, and the two went back and forth for a little bit before the conversation was ended with the fox kissing his flower's cheek. They turned back around to face the Sparkle family and explained what was just discussed.

"We just made our first decisions," Tails told them. "Twilight, we want you to be involved in the wedding. Would you do us the honor of marrying us?"

Twilight gasped in surprise. "Y-you want me to marry you? Is that even possible?"

"We don't see why not. You are a princess and we assumed you have the given authority to perform the ceremony," Tails explained. "I'll ask the Master Four to arrange it that your royal authority can be carried over to our dimension and other worlds so there's no future problems."

Cosmo then added "Since we met you and everypony in Equestria you've been nothing but friendly and open to us. You made Tails and me feel like family since we first met, and we want to make you feel the same with us and our world. It would be our honor to have you be a part of our wedding, and our way to make you part of our family, too."

"So what do you say? Do you accept our offer?" Tails asked again.

The offer was still processing in Twilight's head. She had already performed ceremonies and acted the roles her princess title had allowed her to in Equestria, but now she hit the jackpot of honors. Twilight was asked to marry her two new best friends. Nopony back home had asked her to do such a thing, not that she expected it to happen, like how Mayor Mare was announce to officiate the upcoming wedding back in Ponyville in a few months. To her, she would have felt just lucky enough to be invited to their wedding, but to participate it in spoke great volumes of just how much she and everypony meant to Tails and Cosmo, like the couple had said. All of that, and after the past weekend with the Equestira Games, she knew the couple meant a lot to her and the others.

She couldn't contain it anymore. The happiness swelling her heart took over and she cried more happy tears down her face. Smiling wide, she nodded as she gave her answer. "Yes, I'd be honored to perform the ceremony and marry you."

Cosmo walked up to Twilight and they hugged each other, their grip as tight as comfortable. "Thank you so much. I'm so happy you'll do this for us," she said.

When the hug broke, Tails walked forward next, playfully rustling his hand in Nyx's mane as he approached Twilight. He then had his turn to hug his friend, and when it broke he said "Thank you, Twilight. You're a true friend."

As Twilight reciprocated her second hug from the couple, she replied "I look forward to your big day, and if you need any help organizing things-"

"You're at the top of the list," the fox said. He cupped his hand and quietly added "But we'll see if Amy tries to organize the entire wedding herself."

Following a small chuckle from Twilight, Spike playfully elbowed against her foreleg. "Way to go, Twilight, your first wedding offer as a princess. That's a really big deal for you."

"Oh Spike," Twilight said to him, "it's not a big deal like that... even though it is a little exciting. I'm just excited to have my first offer to help my friends get married. That means more to me than having the authority."

"Yeah I can see that, but it's still a big deal," the dragon said, defending his previous comment.

"This is amazing!" Nyx jumped up and down ecstatically. "My mom gets to marry my new friends in a brand new place! No, a brand new dimension! I can't wait for the wedding!"

Twilight smiled at her overjoyed daughter, seeing her so happy just after walking away from the events of the Equestria Games. She let Nyx hop on her hooves another several times before she gently caught her with a hoof, resting it on her head and easily using the hoof to put the filly back at standing rather than jumping. She then got a good look at Nyx's face, a teeth-filled smile and wide eyes that could impress Pinkie Pie if she was paying attention. Nyx would become so excited when Twilight would receive some form of good news, and this was definitely up there on such a list. Above all else, having her family supporting her in this new honor meant more than the honor itself.

"Thanks, you two. I know I'll do a great job with your support," Twilight told the two, leaning her head down to nuzzle each of their cheeks. Spike and Nyx hugged in return for the nuzzle, a sight that made an overlooking Tails and Cosmo smile almost to a crying point. It was those sweet moments that they hope to have someday in the future- the far, far future.

Nyx then redirected her focus back towards Tails and Cosmo, put back on her pleading face and asked again "So is there anything I can do to help with the wedding? Pleeeeaaasse?"

Tails laughed and knelt down to be at closer eye level with her. "Don't worry about that, Nyx. We have a few plans already made with having your mom marry us."

Before Nyx could say anything again, the group overheard Jason, the last of the Band to have a turn to speak, giving his final words with the night's audience. "...I'm proud to announce that this is the biggest show with the biggest crowd to date here on Mobius! Thank you all so much for your support over the years! Mobius is, and will always be, our fucking home!" He paused to allow the crowd to cheer for the umpteenth time in the last several minutes. "And now, I think it's time we let our favorite fox friend and his girl- I'm sorry, his motherfucking FIANCE, and let them say a few words..."

Jason stepped away from the microphone stand, walking backwards and started to clap his hands. Everyone else on stage and in the audience began to applaud as well, any many more cheering loudly as the couple walked away from the Sparkle family. The two walked up hand in hand, and blushing heavily at such praise and celebration of their relationship. Tails reached and grabbed the microphone off the stand, lowering it to his mouth so he can close the books on another wonderful anniversary show.

"The only thing I can say first, on behalf of Cosmo and myself, is that we couldn't be happier to be here today, together, celebrating eight years of our first defeat of the Metarex. Every year we get together here to look back on what happened, and how hard we've worked to fix the damage that was done then and ever since has been rewarded us so, so much. Second, this year so far has been one of the most interesting ones we've all had for a long time, with bringing Kim and Ron into our fun tribute band as performers, and Phineas and Ferb as our stage techs to kick it up a notch. We always find a way to have fun with all the friends we make, and to see how the Team JAG Band has expanded has been an incredible ride so far.

"Third, and for me the most important thing, this day we remember with pain and sadness has turned into a day I can also celebrate happily: the day my best friend has given me her hand in marriage.” His attempt to continue was cut off by another uproar of cheers from the audience, so he waited a few seconds before he started talking over their cheers. “Cosmo means more to me than anything, and it means a lot to be able to share our engagement with all of you here tonight." He paused again and turns his eyes towards his beloved fiancé. "The fact that we're still together makes me the happiest fox on Mobius. I dare to say it makes me the happiest being in the entire galaxy! I'd be lost without my wonderful, beautiful Cosmo, but now I can look forward to a long life with my soon-to-be wife. Today's one of the greatest days of my life, and now, we'll plan our greatest day together..."

Pausing again, he focused back onto the crowd and said "...and as we make our plans, we'll hope to see any of you there to celebrate with us! Thank you all for your support, your care, your love, and your friendship! I am proud to announce that Cosmo and I will be married two years from today, on the tenth anniversary of defeating the Metarex! We will turn this day from remembrance for that war into a day for our ultimate celebration of life, the start of our new lives and Mr. and Mrs. Prower!!!"

With the first announcement made, everybody rejoiced with more cheers and applause. Their first decision, the date of their wedding, set to take place exactly one decade following the couple's tragic separation until the events of Revival took place. When Tails suggested in their private conversation about that, Cosmo liked the idea, even if she felt a little hesitant on making one of the biggest decisions so quickly. But the more she thought about it, the more she enjoyed the idea. It would become a day to never be forgotten for the greatest reason in her life, and to have it the same day that she, her love and her best friends stood against the Metarex in the war's climatic battle, and all its aftermath, her wedding would be the ultimate stitch to seal the wounds.

In Tails's mind, he had so many suggestions thought of as he planned the proposal, including the wedding date. He had many more ideas, ones that he thought would assure he and Cosmo will have the best wedding his beloved deserved. He was the idea mastermind of his group of friends, and arguably just behind the Master Four for Team JAG, but these decisions were best taken one step at a time. There were two years ahead of them to plan their special day, so there was no need to be too rushing. As for the moment, he decided to take the next step and make the last two announcements of their already planned decisions.

"I am also happy to tell you all that we've decided to have..." He paused again, this time for feeling selfish. He felt that he was starting to have too much time for himself to speak, and knew that it was his beloved's turn. "Actually, let me change things over to someone just as deserving to tell you. Cosmo, would you like to tell them?"

Tails handed the microphone to Cosmo, and she gladly accepted the offer. She got to dive her lips right into his and got a quick kiss, causing him to blush in surprise and she chuckled in amusement. The microphone raised up towards her mouth and she said "We are honored to announce that we have chosen a Master of Ceremonies for the wedding. With the recent events we've experienced in the world of Equestria, and all the new friends we've been blessed to make and have today, there was one pony that Tails suggested to me that we both completely agreed on. Ladies and Gentlemen, I am proud to announce that our Master of Ceremonies will be our dear friend: Princess Twilight Sparkle!"

Twilight, who stood not too far behind them, was motioned by Cosmo to come up to some open space next to her. The announcement brought multiple different reactions from everyone. The crowd was cheering again, but quieter than usual as all but the attending Equestrians had little knowledge of who Twilight was. The members of the Band smiled and applauded for the princess, while those closest to Tails and Cosmo did the same thing with more enthusiasm.

As for everypony else on stage, they were ecstatic. Pinkie Pie gasped and then bounced around, Fluttershy shared her trademark 'Yay!' she did from time to time, and Applejack and Rarity did their best to fight the urge of tearing up, but only the latter would falter. Rainbow Dash, on the other hoof, practically tackled the alicorn as she nosedived down for a hug around the neck. "Woo-hoo, way to go Twi! Best princess ever!" she yelled, not thinking before saying. Both mares suddenly began to blush, but more so Twilight after getting praise she was still getting adjusted to with her royal title.

"Thank you, Twilight," Cosmo said, still speaking in the microphone for all to hear. "It means so much to us to have you involved in our wedding, and it makes me even more excited to make the final announcement Tails and I have for today." She then stepped forward, closer to the front edge of the stage, but far enough away to avoid possibly falling. "Nyx, Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo, could you join me up here, please?"

The four little fillies galloped quickly up to Cosmo, lining up in a row to face her. All of them had a good idea what was about to happen, and they were fighting not to jump up and down again. "Nyx asked us if she could be involved," Cosmo went on to say, "and there wasn't any reason for me to not find a way to have her take part. But then I thought of how all four of them jumped around me chanting how I said yes, and with Tails's help, I got just the idea. I want my four friends from the Cutie Mark Crusaders to be my special flower girls for the wedding."

The crowd applauded and cheered once more while Cosmo looked at the fillies for their response. At first Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo looked shocked beyond belief, much like how they were asked to be the flower girls for Princess Cadance - the actual Cadance - in her and Shining Armor's wedding. Nyx, on the other hoof, opened her mouth smiling and her wings began to flap as fast as it took to hover in the air less than an inch. It took them all a moment and Cosmo kindly asking "What do you say, girls?" to snap back into reality and answer the request.

"YES! YES! YES!" the four chanted, hopping up and down each time they said it. Then they grouped together, high-hooving in the air and yelled as loud as they could "CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS FLOWER GIRLS! YAY!!!"

Everyone on stage shared a laugh, none sounding happier than the older ponies related to the younger ones and Cosmo. The Seedrian kneeled down to say "Thank you, girls," and spread her arms open for a hug. Nyx led the ground as they jumped into their friend's arms and gave her a big group hug, all five laughing loud and happy. While they hugged, Tails leaned down to face Nyx directed and say to her "I told you we'd have a good idea for you, Nyx. Welcome to the wedding party."

Nyx smiled happily in return. She couldn't believe how happy she was feeling now, having a role in her new friends' wedding day. Now she could help Twilight with her role as the presider while also be in the wedding party, and with her best friends to top it all off. Nothing could change the fact that, even though this was Tails and Cosmo's moment, she was the happiest pony in Equestria, or technically for the moment, Mobius.

As for the now engaged couple, both Tails and Cosmo caught a glimpse of another familiar face in the front row of the audience. Earthia, standing there smiling and having tear streams staining her cheeks, was looking up at them. Cosmo began to feel a bit guilty all of a sudden, having celebrating her new engagement with everybody but her closest kin. Before the young Seedrian called for her mother up, Earthia had leaped up into the air and land on the stage's edge. She walked past several others and around the CMC before reaching her youngest daughter.

Cosmo looked up at Earthia smiling, but remorse laced her voice when she spoke. "Mother, I'm so sorry for not having you up here. When Tails proposed I lost sense of-"

"Be at ease, my little Cosmo," Earthia said, "or perhaps, not so little anymore." She let her hands up to hold under Cosmo's cheeks, looking down at her as only an overjoyed mother could: crying happily. "This is your moment, the moment you have deserved for so long. You and your friends have built bridges of peace and harmony across the galaxy and far beyond, and you did it to have all worlds experience happiness like yours. You've been through a lot, my daughter, and seeing you so happy right now shows me how well you and Tails will endure in the future. Congratulations, my daughter."

Even though Cosmo was taller than how she was when she and her clan returned during Revival, it didn't stop her from jumping up and throwing her arms around her mother's neck. "T-thank you, Mother. I love you so much," she said, speaking as hard as possible without crying again.

"I love you too, Cosmo," Earthia said in return. "I am glad to see you are in good hands," and as she spoke, her eyes looked towards the fox standing before her. After the hug broke was when Tails stepped closer, knowing is soon-to-be, but practically already, mother-in-law and hugged her next.

"Thanks for your blessing," Tails said to her. "I promise to treat Cosmo the best that she deserves."

"You already do, Tails," Earthia told him, and then their hug broke. "You show her the compassion, dedication, and respectful nature that I would hope she could someday find." Her eyes then wondered to her right, but her head did not turn to have direct focus on two beings in particular. "However I do sense that some of your new pony friends could learn to be more open as you and my daughter are."

Tails and Cosmo covered their mouths with their hands to hide their laughing grins, noticing full well of which two ponies Earthia referred to. That was a matter that wasn't any of their business, at least if not talked to by either friend.

When the laughter faded, there was a question Earthia did have that she wanted to ask. It wasn't necessary to ask about the matter, but after seeing the couple make a few of their first decisions and after spending the day with the new beings from Equestria, she felt it best to ask with the open opportunity. Her eyes quickly glanced over to where most of the others were gathered, specifically the little black alicorn with the turquoise eyes, and then looked back at her daughter. "Cosmo, are you familiar with the Seedrian marriage role of the gem granter?"

"Uh, guys." Sonic made his way into the conversation, leaving Earthia's question left unanswered for a time. "We still have to close the show and everybody needs to get home."

The two turned their eyes over to the massive audience still there, and they blushed embarrassingly for making them wait on them to finish things up. It was time to wrap up the eventful day, and after making a request to Earthia, Cosmo turned to Tails and then they both faced the crowd once again. They had one set of hands holding the microphone and the others locked together as they addressed the audience for the last time of the night.

"We know we've held you up long enough," Cosmo said musingly, "but it means so much to see you stay up with us. You have shown nothing but support, and respect, and care for us for all this time... since you helped me come back and spend my life with the man I love... I can't thank you enough for supporting our friends, supporting the cause Team JAG has, and supporting us. Thank you, my friends! Thank you all!"

The crowd began to cheer and applaud for the Seedrian once more, and even though she saw it before her, the sound was deafened by the support she was hearing behind her. The Band, everypony, and her Mobius family cheered loud, yelling out "Way to go, you two!" and "You deserve it, Cosmo!" among other positive phrases. Her eyes swelling with tears, Tails took over next, signaling the rest of the band to approach the couple, and Earthia to retrieve a photography use from Blood, the Seedrian Historian for Team JAG.

"Thank you everyone for making this the biggest party yet!" Tails yelled out proudly. "We got plenty more stored for the rest of the year, and that means a new JAGFEST on the way! There's two years before the big day for me and Cosmo, but we're looking forward to going even bigger next year than today! Thank you for the love and support, and thank you everypony from Equestria for joining us here at our home for the very first time! Until next time..." Tails paused to allow the entirety of the Team JAG Band, Team Sonic, and everypony that tried to squeeze in where they could came together in a massive group. He held out the microphone, and after Phineas turned up the instrument remotely, and they all cried out together-

"WE ARE THE TEAM JAG BAND! THANK YOU FOR JOINING US! GOOD... FUCKING... NIGHT!!!"

Comments ( 1 )

What is the order that the stories of this series should be read in?

Login or register to comment