• Published 8th May 2015
  • 1,351 Views, 6 Comments

Taismo: The Equestria Games - RockStarMLP



Enjoying the Equestria Games becomes difficult as Twilight tries to host her visiting guests, acquaint her family to her newest friends, and disfavoring royal ponies

  • ...
1
 6
 1,351

Greet & Meet

The Crystal Empire, a place with a dark past, but a brighter present. With the help of the Crystal Princess and several friends from Ponyville, the city returned from a millenium-long banishment courtesy of its former ruler, King Sombra. Not long following its return, a group of friends returned to help Princess Mi Amore Cadenza, or perhaps better known as Princess Cadance, opened a new door of opportunity for the empire to serve a great purpose of Equestria, and finally the time had come to do so. For the Crystal Empire, and for everypony across the land and beyond, it was time for the Equestria Games.

Whether a competitor, a cheer section, a reporter, or just members of the audience, ponies and other creatures from every region had traveled from afar to be part of history. Was it ten, perhaps twenty, years since the games were last held in Fillydelphia? The Equestria Games only happened so often that some would lose track, but in the end, it didn't matter, for this year the Games had so much more meaning. Along with the Crystal Empire's return, it was also the first to have new delegates from Saddle Arabia and Maretonia to be present, the first with Equestria's newest princess, an opportunity to honor the Empire's greatest hero, and some very special guests who would help close the events, the latter of whom including Princess Twilight Sparkle's newest friends from Mobius and beyond.

It wasn't long after the Ponyville Express arrived where Spike was talking to the Cutie Mark Crusaders when he was whisped away by two Crystal Guards, and one particular Crusader racing behind them. The little dragon, who was responsible for safely getting the Crystal Heart to Cadance when the empire reappeared, was being treated like a hero. Twilight explained to him about his role of saving the empire, and showing proof in the form of a giant crystal statue that depicted him heroically posed, holding a replica of the Crystal Heart in his claw. He was then asked to do the honor of lighting the official torch at the Crystal Stadium, which he gladly accepted.

The young pony, a filly with a close relationship with Equestria's newest princess, that raced behind Spike arrived just before Twilight explained what the dragon was being celebrated for. She was tired from her surprise race across the empire, and having left her bags, along with everypony else's, behind at the train station, made her feel even worse as she had to go back. Fortunately, her Aunt Cadance asked her guards to help take care of that, a volunteering hoof coming from the only non-crystal guard on duty. Twilight had instructed her to go fetch something to drink, and to make sure that, with Cadance's permission, to visit the newest addition to the royal family. The filly loved both ideas and was immediately off to do so, but as also instructed, promised to be back soon.

All the while, Twilight was waiting for her special guests to arrive. Between interdimensional letters that somehow magically worked with Spike's fire breath, it was agreed that they would meet in the castle chamber near the main balcony. After only so much time began to pass, the alicorn began to pace back and forth anxiously, and became worried of worst case scenarios verbally.

"Ohhhh," she said, "they should've been here by now. The opening ceremonies are going to begin soon. Where are they?"

"Twilight..."

"I know they know about interdimensional travel better than us, but it's still so tricky. What if they ended up on the opposite end of Equestria? Or... What if they didn't make it to Equestira? What if they're somewhere completely different? What if..."

"Twilight..."

"This is bad. Maybe I should open a new dimensional rift like how that new spell taught me and look for them myself, maybe even guide them here. But what if I end up..."

"TWILIGHT!"

The purple alicorn snapped out of her own universe and returned to reality. She stopped her pacing with a wide-eyed glare before she shook her head back and forth a few times. That was stopped when the claw of her number one assistant grabbed her attention, a task that is often done, much to his chagrin.

"You really need to lighten up," Spike said to her sternly. "I'm sure they'll be here. It's not even the time you guys agreed they'd show up at." He pointed a claw towards the outside, where the sun's position showed it was still a couple hours before the opening ceremonies.

Twilight, taken aback some by the baby dragon's comment, replied with "Spike, this is the first time Equestria has hosted a major event that involved guests not only viewing the games, but participating in the closing ceremonies as well. It took me a while to convince the Princesses to allow this, and I don't want to disappoint them, my friends, or anypony."

The truth behind her worry was based on the first encounter with a couple that had 'discovered' the land of ponies. They had friends who had searched for them from another world, and when successful, introduced themselves to Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, and Princess Cadance. Ever since, Celestia has thrown the thought of outer-world relationships, in fear that Equestria could be put to jeopardy. Although it was fair to fear that, she was convinced by Twilight to allow them an opportunity to get to know each other better, and by their offer, share an experience that in ways brings worlds together.

"Twilight, you know these guys better than I do, or anypony else for that matter," Spike told her, acting as the voice of reason for her once again. "I think it's safe to say that you know they wouldn't let you down like that. After the way you and everyone else helped out, they act like they'd repay you for that, and a lot more. Don't worry so much and just wait a little while longer."

A small smile crossed Twilight's face as the mare put a hoof on the dragon's shoulder. "You're truly the best, Spike. Thanks."

"That's why I'm here, sist- I mean, 'Mom.'"

The two shared a small laugh at that last comment. A couple years ago, during a certain time between the Canterlot Wedding and the Crystal Empire's return, Twilight had pointed out how they have their family 'statuses' with each other after a certain filly came into their lives. And with that in mind, Twilight said "That reminds me. I wonder what's keeping Cadance so long with N-"

Before she could finish speaking, a light began to glow brighter and brighter near them. Both Twilight and Spike turned their heads to the same side and saw this sphere of light expanding just several feet away. In just a few seconds, there was a flash so bright that it illuminated the entire room and out the balcony opening like an up-close solar flare. The two needed a couple seconds to have their eyes recover from the sudden flash, but when they did, their ears picked up sounds of steps making their way into the room and towards them.

The alicorn and dragon saw many familiar faces come through this light, but this light was no ordinary light. It was a larger scale dimensional portal, the very one they were waiting for. They saw several creatures known as humans walk through, all different shapes, heights and ages. Following them were more animal-like beings, all from the same world known as Mobius; ten in total that included a bat, a rabbit and her pet chao, an echidna, the majority of them being hedgehogs, and the remaining two being a two-tailed fox and a humanoid plant. At last did Twilight's guests arrive for the Games; her good friends Tails and Cosmo, their best friends that make up Team Sonic, and the members of the acclaimed and rapidly famous in Equestria, the Team JAG Band.

The light faded to reveal the group standing together, all smiling (saving one hedgehog). The defunct leader of Team Sonic, Sonic the Hedgehog, spoke amongst them all first and said "What's up, Princess? Hope we didn't keep you waiting. Had some slowpokes hold us up for a bit." The few he was referring to had their smiles faded and grunted aloud.

The purple alicorn just showed the happiest face at the sight of her interdimensional friends, and replied with "You're here at a great time! Welcome back, everyone!"

She gave her first and foremost attention to Tails and Cosmo, as she stepped up to the two and hugged them. The happy couple hugged back with one arm each wrapped around her back. Tails then said "It's great to be back." The hug then broke off, and Cosmo spoke next with "Thank you so much for inviting us to your world's competition. It's an honor for us to be guests for it."

"I'm just glad you decided to come," Twilight said in return. "After all you showed my friends and me during your week-long tour, the least I'd want to do was to show you more of Equestria."

"Plus what better way than with the Equestria Games," Spike added, "am I right?"

"Good to see you too, Spike," Tails said, and the two shared a fist-bump, followed by Cosmo giving him a little hug. "Like Sonic said, I hope you weren't expecting us sooner. We had a few things back home that needed taking care of and took longer than we expect."

"Oh, nooo, not at all," said the alicorn, trying her best to not show per anxiety from just minutes ago. She gave a pretty awkward laugh that Tails and Cosmo picked up on easily.

To move forward from the awkwardness, Ash Ketchum, one of Team JAG's Master Four, spoke next and said "So what's planned for today? From what we could understand in your letters with Tails and Cosmo, we know your Games begin today and end in a few days, give or take from the competitions."

"Oh there's plenty," Spike answered, "including see yours truly light the torch to start the whole thing."

"Really? Well that must be quite an honor for you," said Master Four warrior Gohan. "Then I guess we haven't missed a thing yet."

"That's good," added Yugi, the Master Four's King of Games, "because we wanted to make sure that our equipment for closing night can be put somewhere until it's needed..."

Before he could continue, the sounds of running hooves came from afar as a pony was racing up a staircase towards the group. Judging by the rapidness and pace of the hooves, it seemed that this pony was smaller, or younger, compared to Twilight's stature, which was proven correct a few seconds later. The assumption was proven true as another pony appeared running up the steps and entering the room.

It was a filly who had a black coat and purple mane and tail, and a cutie mark showing what looked to be a shield. She looked to be around the same age as the Cutie Mark Crusaders, but what really stood out was three physical traits about her. She not only had a unicorn horn, but a pair of wings, making her an alicorn pony, and then there was the set of turquoise eyes with narrow slits that resembled more like Spike's eyes than another pony's. There was something very particular about this filly, that the group did see, but they still failed to know the biggest detail about her.

As for the filly, when she got up to the steps, she looked up at Twilight and Spike and was about to ask what had just happened, but the sight of the interdimensional group stole her chance. She began to act as quiet and timid as Fluttershy, quickly galloping to behind some nearby furniture and trying to hide herself. This would happen any time when meeting new ponies, or people in this case, because a lot of times others who knew of her immediately passed judgment that rivaled that of a judgment made by Princess Luna a couple years ago.

Curious about the newly arrived pony, Amy Rose asked "Is she alright?"

Twilight gave a small sigh and then replied with "Yes. She is just very shy when meeting new friends." She turned her attention to the little pony, and spoke to her in a nurturing voice. "You know we talked about this already. They're some of the nicest people you can meet, so you don't need to be afraid."

The purple mare then stood aside so that the little black alicorn could be seen in full view. The filly remained quiet and still until Twilight used a wing to move her forward. "Go on. Say hello to Tails, Cosmo and everyone."

"H... Hello. Nice to meet you," said the filly in the shyest way.

"Hello there," Cosmo replied with a tone as close to nurturing as Twilight's. "What's your name?" The pony didn't reply, so the purple mare stepped up to help with introductions.

"Everyone," Twilight said as she stood next to the filly, "I would like you to meet my daughter. Her name is Nyx."

Almost the entire group went wide-eyed and opened jaws after hearing what she just said. Tails and Cosmo were shocked most of all, not once being told that Twilight had more than a royal title, but also having, as they said together-

"Your Daughter?!"