• Published 8th May 2015
  • 1,351 Views, 6 Comments

Taismo: The Equestria Games - RockStarMLP



Enjoying the Equestria Games becomes difficult as Twilight tries to host her visiting guests, acquaint her family to her newest friends, and disfavoring royal ponies

  • ...
1
 6
 1,351

Taking A Hoof Forward

Princess Luna watched over the Crystal Empire, shining in the light of her moon's glow. She watched over her domain at the quiet tranquility that was across the empire, not a disturbance to be found or sensed. Many ponies were dreaming of wonderful thoughts, especially those excited to view or be competing in the Equestria Games, and Luna saw each dream occur as she searched for anyone having a nightmare. All was well across the empire, even with those who had attended the dinner earlier that evening.

But the Princess of the Night could not ease her mind from the in-directed disrespect she felt she had received. Blueblood's outbursts, the lesser of her concerns, made the guests she and Celestia invited to watch the Games become cold to Nyx before even meeting her. Their actions during dinner did nothing to improve things, and it made her feel that Nyx's current life - the one Luna had herself judged Nyx could have - was not deserved. The Princesses welcomed their guests and their ways into Equestria with open minds, but not receiving some, if not any, in return insulted Luna. Where she does try to follow her older sister's example of patience and hopeful expectations, it didn't change the fact that one of her greatest decrees is seen as despicable.

At least she saw hope in Princess Twilight's guests, who welcomed Nyx with open arms since they first met from what it looked like to her. Seeing as they established a good bond with the land's newest princess, that didn't come to much of a surprise. Luna, Celestia and Cadance still questioned if this interdimensional relationship was worth it, in case of opening Equestria up to new risks and threats, but if they were willing to open up to new places of their own dimension, it was fair to allow Twilight to do the same.

That's when she sensed a new presence standing some distance behind her.

"I see I'm not the sole one awake this night," Luna said, turning her head back to see who was in her presence. She saw a biped creature standing there with a red and black body coloring. "Thou's name be Shadow, if I am correct?"

Shadow the Hedgehog just looked towards Luna and nodded slightly, confirming her guess correct. He remained standing where he was, not taking any step towards her, as he was making his way in another direction to find a more solitary place. Yet the hedgehog didn't begin walking away, and just stood there cold and quiet.

The alicorn tried to put on a kind face and say to the surprise guest "There's no need to be distant, Shadow. Join me for a moment, if you do not mind."

Shadow decided to honor her request and stepped forward towards her. He still wished for the solidarity he was looking for, but he didn't want to become another source of trouble. That would make Maria upset, and he would never want that to happen. He stood next to the royal blue alicorn, standing out on the main balcony of the castle that overlooked the Crystal Empire. For the following minutes, he didn't make eye contact with her and just stared out over the quiet city.

Luna broke the silence and asked "This is your first time here in Equestria, is that correct? How do you find our subjects and world?"

"Not that different, at least as to where I'm from," the hedgehog answered.

"I see," Luna replied, partially surprised to hear that answer. "It is my understanding that your company and yourself heard the history of the daughter of Twilight Sparkle, the alicorn filly Nyx. If you so wish, share your thoughts of what you were told."

Shadow didn't reply immediately, making sure to think before he spoke. One of his more admired qualities, for better or worse reasons, was learning all he could before making a decision of the upmost absolution. He took the time to think of a collective and clear response to the alicorn's question, and when he did, he made it nice and blunt for her.

"I don't care for it, personally." A quiet pause set for a moment before he continued. "This Nyx was born from a part of your former self, meant to enslave and control your kind. It's a story I haven't heard before, but different as to your peer willing to mother a reborn villain. For me, it's just another way of hearing something bad turning into something good...

"But, I have to admit one thing: making Nyx suffer through a second chance at a life she can try to call 'normal' is definitely a different direction. Others either got wiped a clean slate, or don't even get an opportunity for redemption. In the end, regardless of everything that took place, it's no concern to me."

Princess Luna took in the response of the red and black hedgehog with understanding, but a little conflicting as well. Judging from what he had meant, the story of Nyx's coming of being didn't bother him in any way, but at the same time, he admitted to not care for it at all. To her, it was similar to how the dignitaries she and Celestia invited treated her judgment, showing barely any respect for her actions as one of Equestria's rulers.

Yet regardless of that pessimism, Shadow showed the open-mindedness that only a few ponies all across Equestria have been giving to the alicorn filly. He may not be showing any respect in care for the Princess of the Night's judgment, but he did respect it enough to not argue against. And from what she understood from Twilight, this creature was the stubbornest of Mobian inhabitants, but still only second to his boss. Seeing him show this actually gave her great hope and faith in Twilight's guests for accepting Nyx, information she made plans to acquire directly.

"Your opinion is very admirable, Shadow. Thank you for sharing those thoughts with thy," Luna said to him, with his response only an affirming nod and grunt. "However I must admit that your optimistic perspective seems very much... Limited."

"It is," Shadow replied bluntly. "Your point being...?"

"I understand stubbornness to great extents, but are one of the more unique eyes I've seen look out onto the world," Luna said in return. Deciding to shift topics, she went on to ask "By the way, what brings you out so early in my night? I raised the moon only a few hours ago and imagined all to be resting by this time."

Shadow just turned his head so slightly so his eyes could look towards her before he gave his response. "I could ask you the same, but to answer your question, I prefer to take some time for myself."

"I can understand that," Luna replied. "My domain is what my title says: the Princess of the Night. Most nights I spend to myself watching over subjects to assure them peaceful nights."

"How so?" Shadow asked.

She explained with "By monitoring any suspicious activity lurking about, and making sure none experience nightmares to put ponies in states of fear, sadness, or paranoia."

The hedgehog didn't ask for any further detail regarding what she said, as he really had little concern for the specifics. All he did was give another nod, and then looked back out at the Crystal Empire silently, his arms crossed and his mouth a usual scowl. There was only silence for a few minutes as both looked out at the scene before them, neither knowing what to say next, but more so on the Princess. Where he would normally keep to himself unless had attention directed towards him, she could not think of a conversation starter, especially when it came to his demeanor.

She did think of a subject to bring up, and that was to apologize for Blueblood's interruption. That, however, was not brought up right away as he said something first.

"So you're supposed to be responsible for bringing the night to this place?"

Luna hesitated with her answer. His tone was, as usual, apathetic and displeasing, thus making her unsure if it was just a question or an intentional insult. She didn't want to discover that the guests of Princess Twilight would be just as close-minded as the dignitaries she and Celestia had invited. With an arched eyebrow and treading caution, the alicorn gave her response.

"I am. The moon and stars are mine to bring forth each night."

The hedgehog took another moment to look up at the night sky above him, thinking of how it was a form of artwork to the pony next to him. "It is nice, Your Highness," was all he said before he began to walk away from her, going forward. He jumped up on the rail and prepared to take off, but found himself stopped by the voice of Princess Luna.

"Wait, Shadow the Hedgehog," she said, in her royal tone. She changed it softer to say "I mean, thank you, Shadow. It pleases me to see those who enjoy my night."

Shadow didn't turn himself around, but slowly nodded his head in response to her. Then, he jumped down from the railing, gliding himself straight down to the ground and immediately darted down one of the pathways through the empire.


/)∞(\


"WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOO!"

The entire arena heard the cheering of Pinkie Pie as the Ponyville team just won the gold in the javelin throw competition. Shining Armor was handing out the medals to the top three teams that included the Crystal Empire taking silver and Manehattan winning bronze. Ponies cheered and applauded the victors as the Ponyville anthem began to play, and those foreign to Equestria acted no different.

Most of the Team JAG Band were sitting alongside Pinkie Pie, Applejack and Rarity in the stands, enjoying a few rounds of the Equestria Games before the aerial relay event, where they'd leave for a little while to get some food and try to squeeze in some rehearsal. Elsewhere in the crowd were the Cutie Mark Crusaders and Team Sonic, who were unable to join the others because of the fillies trying to get Miss Harshwhinny to allow them to do their opening routine for the Ponyville competitors again that morning. Amy and Maria nominated their group to look after the trio after having to separate from the others earlier, and they were quite alright with that.

However, the Master Four, Tails and Cosmo were not with either group and in two separate places. The Master Four were invited by the Princesses to join them in the Royal Suite again, which they were respectful enough to accept and watch the games alongside them, other higher-class Equestrians and the visiting dignitaries. They found the atmosphere of the suite a little more comfortable than the day before, but only by so much. They and the ponies manage to engage in friendly chats from time to time, commenting on the competitions taking place and those foreign asking questions that were given nicely-given answers.

And even though Prince Blueblood voiced his own thoughts at the start of the events, a glare from Princess Celestia managed to shut his mouth before he would blather out any more nonsense. He was rubbing a hoof over the entire javelin competition in hopes he wouldn't find one going through him at any given moment. Luckily for him, Princess Twilight was not in the suite.

Perhaps the only few ponies in Equestria not crammed in the stadium, Twilight was waiting on the platform of the empire's train station. The patience she had once she got to the station was nearly gone as a train she was waiting on was running very late. She, along with Nyx, Spike, Tails and Cosmo, were at the station waiting on a train traveling from Canterlot, carrying with it two ponies that were supposed to have arrived just before the games had begun.

A train finally came into view as it blew its whistle pulling into the station. Unlike most of the trains that had come through in the last few days, this one was much shorter, only carrying a few coaches and a couple boxcars. It pulled in and stopped at the station with the engine whishing steam, momentarily blocking the group's vision of who began departing the train. Nyx was the one to recognize two ponies departing from the middle coach; middle-aged unicorns named Night Light and Twilight Velvet. They had other names that were heard yelled as Nyx ran up to them.

"Grandma! Grandpa!"

The two unicorns turned their heads and saw the filly running up towards them, noticing a worried princess, a down-looking dragon, and two very different beings following. As Nyx closed in on them, they each opened a hoof and let her run into them to share a hug together.

"Hello Nyx! It's so good to see you again," Twilight Velvet said, nuzzling cheek to cheek with her before the hug broke apart. "We missed you since your visit a few months ago."

"And it looks like somepony's grown a little bit," Night Light said, putting a hoof at a level about an inch under the top of Nyx's head. "Yep, I was right." Nyx wore an open grin and her tail swaged a couple times back and forth.

When Twilight and the others caught up, she looked at them with the same worried expression she trotted up with. "What took you so long? I thought the Canterlot Express left last night."

"Yes, we know, we know," her mother replied, becoming just as anxious as her. "We were running on time until the boiler on the engine started to rupture out of nowhere. They had to stop dead on the tracks just under Cloudsdale and shut down the train to investigate. We were stuck here for hours waiting until-"

Night Light put a hoof against his wife's chest, his attempt to help her calm down before continuing on with her rant. "All that happened was that the train had more steam than it could chuff. Turns out somepony wanted to try a set of new special-burning logs to make more steam, without telling the engineer. Fortunately, a pegasus passenger flew up to Cloudsdale to send for a different engine to take us the rest of the way."

After hearing this explanation, as vague as it seemed to sound, she still had a sigh of sweet relief that her parents had finally arrived. Her worrying dropped completely and stepped forward to give her mother a quick, and then the same for her father. "I'm glad it all worked out. I was beginning to think you weren't going to make it."

"You and me both," Velvet replied with a sigh of her own. "Have we missed a lot already?" Another thought immediately came to her mind. "Wait, aren't you supposed to be with the princesses right now, Twilight?"

Twilight scratched the back of her neck with her hoof and said "Well, y-yes, but Cadance knows that I'm here and can explain that to Celestia. It shouldn't be a problem, though, considering what you dealt with." She mentally kicked herself for not being in the Royal Suite with the other princesses. Then again, some distance from certain ponies there wasn't something she had complaints for.

"I'm sure the Princesses will understand," said a certain fox, who then caught the sight of Twilight's parents. The two looked at him and the young woman next to him, never in their lives coming across such creatures before. Twilight then realized some introductions were in order between the two couples.

"Oh, right! Mom, Dad, I'd like you to meet two friends that I met a few months ago. This is Miles Prower, who usually go by his nickname Tails, and his marefr- oh, excuse me, girlfriend Cosmo the Seedrian." She turned from her parents to her friends to do the vice-versa. "Tails and Cosmo, these are my parents, Night Light and Twilight Velvet."

Both sides raised their respective limbs out to shake with one-another. Cosmo spoke between the two first, and with a realization. "It's so nice to meet you both... Wait, Twilight Velvet? Haven't I seen your name on books back in Twilight's library?"

The gray mare chuckled. "I'm sure you might have. I am an author of a few books, specifically ones I'm sure my daughter keeps on some sort of 'must put on front display' shelf for everypony to see. She always tries to promote good books, especially whenever I release a new novel." Twilight scrunched her muzzle in embarrassment and tried to cover herself from a blush.

"So you're the couple who accidentally found your way to Equestria? Twilight wrote us a letter telling about you following your visit," stated Night Light.

"That's us," Tails replied, with a small laugh mixed in his words.

"And if I'm correct, you brought some friends to perform at the closing ceremonies?"

"Yes, and some friends from our home world are with us, too. In fact, I think they're waiting for us at the stadium. Forgive me for sounding like we should rush, but we should make our way there," Cosmo said.

"Yeah, whatever," Spike said, those being the first words he muttered out all morning.

Twilight's parents both noticed the gloomy dragon since they first saw him. Velvet leaned in and quietly asked "What's wrong with Spike?"

"It's a long story. I'll tell you about it at dinner," Twilight replied just as quietly. Her voice returned to normal and added "Cosmo is right. We should get going, but we might miss the aerial relay."

"But that's the competition Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy are in," Nyx said disappointingly.

Tails let out a small chuckle. "Don't worry, we won't miss it," he said. "I have a way to get us there in seconds."

Everypony turned to him, especially a now excited Nyx, who asked "You do?"

"Yep," he answered, and opened his hand out to Cosmo. "Cosmo, may I please have your hand? Twilight, you put a hoof on her shoulder, and everyone else do the same."

The Seedrian reached her hand and took hold of his, and then the ponies did as he instructed. Twilight put his hoof on Cosmo's shoulder, with Velvet's hoof on hers, followed by Night Light, Spike and Nyx, even though they were curious about what he was planning to do.

"Tails, what are you going to do?" Nyx asked, her eyebrow arched in curiosity.

The fox grinned and replied "Let's just say I picked up a few tricks from my friends as I grew into the warrior I am, including this one particular technique called Instant Transmission." He then took his open hand and put his index and middle fingers on his forehead, his face showing deep concentration as he sensed familiar energy sources. It didn't take him long to find what he needed. "Hang on. We're heading to the Royal Suite hallway."

Twilight became worried and tried to say "Tails, wait, I don't know if that's the best i-"


/)∞(\


"-dea."

Before she could finish her sentence, Twilight and the group found themselves in the corridor leading out to the Royal Suite. Judging by the sounds that were echoing through the hallway, one of the Equestrian anthems had reached its conclusion, which was followed by a round of cheers from the arena packed with ponies and guests alike. Then they heard Shining Armor make an announcement-

"Congratulations Ponyville! Next up is the Aerial Relay!"

"We made it in time!" Nyx said, and she began to race her way out of the hall and towards the corridors between the seats and the outer walls. "Let's hurry and find everypony!"

"Nyx, wait!" Twilight called out to her just loud enough to get the filly's attention, stopping her from getting out of the hall they were in. "Don't go running off like that. Wait for the others to walk with you to the seats."

The alicorn's mother turned towards her, very curious about that last statement. "The seats? Isn't she sitting in the suite with you, Twilight?" Twilight Velvet just watch her daughter's head drop and shake side to side in response, a saddened look in her eyes. "What?! Well why not?"

Since Twilight's parents were unfamiliar with what was going on, Tails and Cosmo took it upon themselves to answer for their friend. "Long story short, your 'prince' is a prick," Tails said bluntly.

"Tails!" Cosmo looked at her beloved crossly. "That's not the way to describe him." She turned to the unicorn couple and said "What he means to say is that some of the dignitaries aren't as welcome to some of Twilight's guests, or even Nyx, as they should be, so she hasn't been in the suite at all."

Both unicorns didn't say anything, but instead looked at the saddened face of their daughter, and then nearly exactly the same pose from their granddaughter. Night Light, thinking it was best to steer clear of any unneeded anger, stepped over towards Nyx. "Well, their loss is our gain," he said, giving a grin doing so. "Come along Nyx, Velvet, let's go find where to sit."

"Dad?"

"Night Light?"

"Let the 'prince' be a 'prince.' Their loss is my gain, and that's spending some quality time with my granddaughter. Tell Cadance we'll meet her, Skyla and Shining Armor after today's events are over… and on the way, I have a few extra bits with me. How would like to pick up a few souvenirs, Nyx?"

Nyx began to show a happy smile. "Can I get a giant foam hoof?"

"Sure. I'll get one, too," he replied, and the filly squeed in joy.

The others showed happy smiles, with a couple having small giggles, at the more positive spirit Night Light brought back. Spike, however, kept himself in pout as he sulked over what happened yesterday, and the others failed to notice.

Velvet walked up to the two and said "Hold on, dear, I'm not sure if we have time to make it to a souvenir stand and find seats before the next competition. We can try, but we'll have to be quick. Celestia knows how many other ponies are trying to get their own things before then."

Night Light turned his head and gave her a confident grin. "Relax, dear, I'm sure we're not too short of time. They might have something preoccupy time between games, perhaps a presentation of some kind."

Without a word said, a metaphorical light bulb lit over his head. He may not have lit the torch fire to get the Games started, but that didn't mean he couldn't make some other sort of contribution. The little dragon darted out of the hallway, not even saying goodbye to his family or friends, racing down the arena corridors to find a certain uptight mare. It was hard for the others not to notice.

"Where do you think he's racing off to?" Cosmo asked.

"Who knows, maybe he wanted to get in line for a souvenir before us," Night Light said humorously.

"Then let's go!" Nyx said excitedly. She cocked her head around her grandparents to put her sights on Tails and Cosmo. "Will you come with us?"

Tails had a laugh, and said "Alrig-"

"I'm afraid not, Nyx."

Twilight cut him off before he could finish. She didn't want to not let them go off with her daughter, but she made a decision regarding where they could be. Turning her attention towards the couple, she made her offer.

"Tails, Cosmo, you've been very patient with everything that's happened so far. I know I can't have everyone I'd like with me in the Royal Suite, but I'm not going to let the disrespect towards you go any longer. I want you to come and sit with me and the others there today."

Tails and Cosmo, as honored as they were with their friend's gesture, felt uneased with it. The latter of the two spoke and said "But Twilight, we don't want to cause you any more trouble with the delegates or Blueblood."

"Besides, Nyx deserves to be with you more than us. We don't want to go out there in favor of her," Tails added.

Twilight answered them both with "I don't care. You've been patient with everypony, you've been helpful and caring however you could, and most importantly, you accepted Nyx from the moment you met her. You deserve to be given something I have promised you with."

"T-Twilight?" Nyx said.

"I plan to have Nyx join me for the whole entire day tomorrow from start to end to see the end of the Equestria Games together. Whatever any delegate or 'prince,' even the other Princesses, have to say about it can be kept to themselves because I'm not giving in to their paranoia. For today, I'll let my daughter be with her grandparents, but I swear in Celestia's name that she and I will spend the day together and enjoy the band's performance with all our friends and family.

"If anypony has anything to say about it, they can go straight to-"

"Twilight!" Velvet interrupted. "Do you always speak this way in front of Nyx?"

Caught off guard for a moment, the alicorn mare replied with "Of course not. I just won't allow this disrespect to continue any further."

After what she said to them all, Tails and Cosmo didn't only feel flattered by her kindness, but got an extraordinary example of just who she was as a pony and a princess. They arrived in the Crystal Empire and watched her keep as much of a collective demeanor as possible, trying her best to handle the troubles they had to face from other ponies. It was so impacting that it was nostalgic to them, looking back at who their Mobius family was and all they went through together, and to find that same spirit with Twilight and the others has so much meaning to the couple.

On top of that, they got a greater glimpse at just how Twilight takes on her role as Nyx's mother after hearing that history last night. To say those words and willingly turn a back on those of equal authority and respect to her, that was a true display of motherhood if either ever saw one.

"Twilight, I still think Nyx deserves to go with you to the suite," Tails said, his tone starting with firmness but softened into a kinder pitch. "But if that's what you want, we'd love to join you to watch the games."

Twilight smiled at his response and replied with "You deserve it. A friend should never break a promise, and I won't start breaking them any more than those ponies have made me already."

She then turned her attention to her daughter and grandparents. "I think we're all settled now. Why don't you all get going and find the others? They sat in rows a few levels down from the Royal Suite, so you could check for them there."

"Fair enough," Night Light said in agreement. He and Velvet began to step away, but Nyx began to run full gallop. She was making her way down the hallway to the main corridor, but stopped halfway to turn around and gallop back after her grandmother called out to her. The filly galloped back, went straight through the two unicorns and two her mother to hug one of the mare's legs. She didn't say anything and the hug was only a few seconds long, and then the little filly began to gallop back down the hallway, this time with chasing grandparents in tow.

The fox and flower couldn't help but have a small laugh at how adorable Nyx was being, but Twilight didn't. She read it more than just an excited filly ready to spend a fun time with her family. She could see just how happy Nyx was after Twilight had said what she did about the delegates and 'prince.' Nyx wasn't going to have to be separated from her mother anymore, not because some ponies don't like the thought of a filly version of Nightmare Moon would share the same sitting area with her.

Yet even as the former Nightmare Moon, what right-minded filly like Nyx wouldn't get excited to spend some time with her grandparents and, against her mother's wish, be covered mane to hoof in Equestria Games souvenirs?


/)∞(\


The aerial relay competition was well underway, with Rainbow Dash having just started her leg of the competition. As the crowd cheered on, Spike had arrived at the opening of a corridor that led from the arena field back into the stadium. It was there that he found the pony he sought out to ask them something important.

"Ms. Harshwhinny? I know you're really busy but-"

The mare in charge of keeping the Equestria Games in check was finishing writing on a checklist provided by one of the Crystal Guards. Not one who enjoyed being disturbed for any reason, she kept his back turned towards him as she said "What is it?"

"Maybe there's something else I can do for the Games. You know, something really worthy of the Crystal Empire's admiration?"

She turned around and faced the little dragon with an arched eyebrow. "What are you talking about? You lit the torch for the whole thing!"

Spike kicked his foot against the dirt and tried to reply. "Uh, well, actually... That wasn't really-" He found himself being cut off again.

"That wasn't enough for you?" She said, sounding quite annoyed and rolling her eyes. "Oh for pony's sake. Next thing you know you'll be asking to put on a rock concert. It isn't like we don't already have one of those earaches already planned. Ugh, celebrities..."

Ms. Harshwhinny began to walk down the corridor as she left Spike to think. Little did she realize that she gave him an idea to work with.

"Wait... That's it!"

He looked up at the current continuing competition to see how much time he had left. If he was going to make another contribution to the Games, he had to act as quickly as he could. Instead of seeing Spitfire and Rainbow Dash cross through the final loop of the relay, he got a glance of the Royal Suite and those that were there. He saw Cadance and Starla, and then Celestia and Luna. Then he noticed Twilight in her throne, with an empty throne that was Nyx's beside her, and in the seats a row down he saw the Master Four and...

"Tails? Cosmo? How did they manage to-"

His outer-thinking was cut off by a roaring cheer from the audience as the competition ended. The sight became a dropped topic as he went off to act on his plan.

But what he did indeed see up there was Tails and Cosmo in the Royal Suite. Twilight led the trio out and greeted the other Princesses, and then motioned the couple to have a seat just in front of her and next to the Master Four just a couple minutes before the competition was prepared to go. After taking her seat, Twilight turned to Celestia, who was looking back with a content grin.

"I'm glad you were able to make it, Twilight," said the grand white alicorn. "I assume your parents arrived from Canterlot?"

"There was a delay in their journey, but they did arrive safely, yes," Twilight replied.

"That's good. I also see you decided to let young Miles and Cosmo to join the rest of us."

Twilight cringed a little, mainly because she was uncertain of how to read Celestia's tone. It didn't sound disapproving, but not happily either, just a calm and collected manner. She shied her eyes away from her former mentor, unsure how to reply, but regained her composure with her motives behind bringing her friends to the suite with her.

"It's good to see you keep your promise to them, Princess. That takes a lot of commitment, especially with what offenses were put against you. Here's to that you all enjoy the rest of the day's events with us."

Hearing those words made Twilight smile in relief, and returned the kindness she was given. "Thank you, Princess. That means a lot coming from you."

"Of course. Where did Nyx go off to?" Celestia asked.

"She's with my parents right now. They're going to watch the games with my friends, hopefully without too much trouble finding them."

A small chuckle was kept behind Celestia's lips. "I'm sure it won't be too difficult. Your friend Pinkie Pie has been very vocal in cheering for-"

"GO PONYVILLE! WOOOOOO!"

"...Ponyville's competitors."

The two alicorns heard the pink mare's cheering, along with everyone else packed in the stadium. Both couldn't help but share an amused laugh by that, and how right Celestia was. Then, Twilight's ears caught the sound of other voices, but these one being much closer in location.

"...so their train was halted for a couple hours before getting to the station. Once they arrived, we made our way here."

"Well that can be understandable. Locomotion can have the tendency to stop you in your tracks from time to time. But regardless, we're glad you could join us. As respectful as my wife and I mean this, and after some conversation with your Master Four here, we would like to know more of this place you call home... Mobius, was it?"

"Yes, that's it."

"What would you like to know?"

"Well, they told us about a civilization of other-worldly beings called Seedrians..."

Twilight could overhear Tails and Cosmo sharing a conversation, a friendly conversation, with the Saddle Arabian delegates. As it went on, she could hear Fancy Pants and Cherry Jubilee joining the conversation as well. It looked quite clear that her Mobius friends seemed to have no problem having been welcomed by the others, giving her a happier feeling in her heart that their acceptance and presence wasn't an issue. Now they could all enjoy the Games together, which was good because she, along with Tails and Cosmo and the Master Four, could watch their friends compete.

And making things all the easier for Twilight to start her next plans of having her daughter join the suite the next day.