• Published 15th May 2012
  • 2,342 Views, 18 Comments

Relics of a Wounded Soul - Coat Rack



A strange pony visits Ponyville carrying a troubled past, can Twilight and her friends help him?

  • ...
3
 18
 2,342

- Chapter 7 - The Relic Ice Cream Shack

My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic

:Relics of a Wounded Soul:

My Little Pony OC story

[Sad] [OC] [Tragedy] [Slice of Life] [Romance]

Chapter 7: The Relic Ice Cream Shack

______________________________________________________________________________

“Tell me, why did I let you get us hooked into that snowball fight again?”
“Well, it’s something we don’t get to do that often seeing as we live in the sky, and because those fillies started it.”
“Oh well, at least we can have more hot cocoa.~”
“Won’t find me complaining!”

______________________________________________________________________________

Freezor woke up with a smile for the first time in years, he had a lot of work to get done so he can get his shop up and running. Doing a quick system check he grabbed a muffin he found in his mailbox again and quickly ate it before heading out the door, he made sure to grab a list he had placed next to the door of the supplies he needed.

Okay, first thing’s first. I need to get some containers to hold the ice cream, might should pick up some new scoops while I’m at it.” He studied the shops around him looking for a place he could find the items he required, luckily for him he was right next to a hardware store. “This should be a good place, Flim Flam Co. Hardware.”

Freezor walked into the store, taking a look around he saw endless miles of ilese of tools and other objects. “How in Equestria will I be able to find the stuff I need in here...”

“Well take a look here brother, our first customer!” A tall unicorn announced while walking up to the cyborg. “And I must say, what a unique taste of clothes you have good sir!”

“Hello my fine fellow, we’re so glad you decided to stop by our store!” A second unicorn came up to his other side, by the looks of it the two were twins. “Allow us to introduce ourselves, I’m Flim!”

“I’m Flam!”

“We’re the world-famous Flimflam Brothers~”

“Hrm, I see.” Freezor said looking at his list. “Well, while you two are here, do you think you can tell me where I could find some large buckets? I’m trying to gather some stuff to get my ice cream shop up and running.”

“Why, you are going to need more than a few measly buckets my fine fellow, and we have all of it here!” Flim said, a smile beaming across his face.

“I know I’ll need more, but I doubt this place would have everything I’ll need...” Looking at the brother’s expressions gave him a worried look, but before he could move on Flim took the list he had been looking at with his magic.

“Why of course we have everything you need, anypony who wouldn’t sell this stuff shouldn’t be allowed to say it was a hardware store! Wouldn’t you agree brother of mine?”

“I do quite agree, perhaps we should lend him a hoof?” Flam asked, a grin forming on his face.

“Why you little...” Before Freezor could give them a piece of his mind, the brothers proceeded to sing the song from their commercial.

______________________________________________________________________________

After being dragged through the store Freezor stared at the two with his cyborg eye glowing red, the liquid in his tubes were bubbling faster to help signal his anger. “What is wrong with every blasted pony in this town!”

“Whatever do you mean, we simply helped you find everything on your list!” Flam asked, rubbing his chin.

“Last I checked I never asked for a lawnmower, 3 bags of cement, 8 boxes of bolts and screws, 7 pieces of plywood, and 12 alan wrenches!” Freezor called out, pulling each item out of his cart and throwing it on the floor. “I only came here for some buckets, nothing else!”

“I say, you seem slightly upset!” Flim said while twirling his mustache.

“...Slightly? SLIGHTLY?” Freezor quickly overturned the cart, almost hitting the two brothers. “I come in here to shop, and you two drag me around like some wheeled-toy!”

After forcing his way out of the hardware store with nothing more than the few buckets he went in for, Freezor made his way to the next stop on his list, the Carousel Boutique. Walking into the door he found himself in one of the fancier shops in town, not taking notice of the bell ringing behind him when he entered.

“Freezor, what brings you here?” Rarity asked, walking down the stairs.

“I was wondering, do you only make dresses here?” Freezor asked looking around, taking note of all the poniquinn dress forms.

“Well, that is my specialty. But I wouldn’t see you as the type who would want any of them, seeing as you have that... no offence, dreadful armor on.” looking at the cyborg’s armor, she levitated a few clothing pieces off of poniquinns nearby. “I’m afraid I’ll have to make a whole new design, none of these will fit you I’m afraid...”

“...I never said I wanted any clothes, my armor is good enough.” Knocking the pieces of clothes away from him, he pointed to a table with a cloth over it. “Did you make that, and if so would you be able to make a few for me?”

“Why would you need a few tablecloths, I thought you, Crystal Clear, and Pinkie Pie went out looking for a job yesterday?”

“Well, long story made short. I am going to be starting my own business, an ice cream parlor.” Taking out his list of things he needed he continued. “And since there are going to be tables, I figured a few tablecloths would be nice.”

“I see, well you came to just the right place!” Rarity said with a smile, her horn started to glow as cloth and string floated from off shelves. “Just tell me what you want!”

______________________________________________________________________________

After leaving his order for tablecloths with Rarity, Freezor finished getting the supplies he needed. Making his way back to his soon-to-be shop he stopped by the library, to see if there was any useful books he could use.

“I’m glad to see you are finally starting to settle down some.” Twilight said, while sorting a bookshelf. “Rainbow Dash is still a bit worried that you will flip your lid again, but I’m sure you’ll be fine.”

“Well, she was almost right. Two brothers in a hardware store here tried to have me buy a whole bunch of junk, when I only wanted to get some buckets for ice cream.” Freezor said, giving off a small chuckle. “Do you happen to have any cooking books by any chance, I am thinking about getting one to help me get started.”

“They should be under the ‘C’ section, unless Pinkie borrowed them all again.”

“Or unless you had all the books on the floor again re-sorting them, again.” Spike deadpanned, looking down from a ladder he was using to put some books back.

Quickly sorting through the pile of the books on the floor, Twilight managed to find a cookbook. “101 Ways to Serve Ice Cream, by Frosty Aura Diamond.”

No.” Freezor said, quickly knocking the book away. “That will not help you, or me, or anypony!”

“Hey! Just because the book was written by a pony with the name “Frosty” doesn’t give you the right to hit it!”

“Oh, really now? Perhaps if you weren’t as thick-headed you would understand, but then again, you are an egghead so you love any book.”

“Pinkie’s used these recipes before, and they haven’t caused us any problems.”

“Sure, the recipes may be fine. But that isn’t the main issue, now is it?” Freezor growled, stomping his hoof on the ground.

“How should I know, you haven’t said what the big issue is!” Twilight joined the cyborg in stomping her hoof.

“Clearly if I told you the story again you wouldn’t bother to listen, just like the last time!”

“What’s that supposed to mean!”

“Forget it, you are hopeless.” Freezor said, storming out the door while slamming it shut behind him.

“Well, looks like somepony gots a chip of ice on their shoulder!” Spike said climbing down the ladder.

“The... story...” Twilight thought out loud for a moment, when her eyes widened. “I wonder if he means...”

“Means what?”

“Spike, can you go find Rainbow Dash, I have a few questions I want to ask her.”

______________________________________________________________________________

Back at his shop, Freezor was met outside by Rarity with her saddlebags in which were the tablecloths he had ordered earlier. After setting them up and receiving her pay, Rarity made her way back to her shop, when she ran into Twilight and Rainbow Dash.

“Oh, hello girls! What brings you over this way, were you going to help Freezor set up his shop?” Rarity asked, quickly noticing the upset Twilight. “Oh dear, don’t tell me he did something stupid again.”

“You could say that, yeah.“ Rainbow Dash said, flying over to the white unicorn. “Twilight here is having me help her with another one of her crazy clue hunts.

“A while back you mentioned somepony called ‘Frosty’ dropped by your shop, right?” the lavender mare inquired. “I feel it is a very strong possibility that she is the reason Freezor is acting so aggressively.”

“Why would he be so upset over such a sweet filly like her?” Rarity asked, puzzled by the connection her friend was making.

“You mean besides the fact he almost froze a pony to death when he was asked about her?” Rainbow Dash offered. “I mean, there has to be something going on with the two!”

“And I am willing to bet he hasn’t told us everything quite yet, and I won’t rest until we get to the bottom of it!”

“Excuse me, but were you three fillies talking about Frosty Diamond from the weather factory?” A light grey pegasus with a black mane with a dark grey stripe going down the middle walked over to the group.

“What’s it matter to you?” the cyan pegasus asked, quickly facing the intruder.

“Let’s just say I can be of assistance to you, since I am pretty sure I know what’s going on.” The pegasus chuckled. “I am taking a shot into the dark, but would you guys happen to be having trouble with somepony by the name of Freezor Relic?”

“...H-how did you know?” Twilight asked dumbfounded. “Were you listening into our conversation all this time?”

“Well, assuming he’s told you his story, my name should be more than enough of an explanation.” Sticking his hoof out he continued. “I am Tornado Blitz, a trainer at the Weather Factory. I once trained a pony called ‘Freezor Relic Frostbite’, who then went was then put on the team that was overseen by ‘Frosty Diamond’.”

______________________________________________________________________________

“So let’s see now...” Freezor said with a sigh, looking over the supplies he had collected earlier. “I should have just about everything, save a bell for the door... but that can wait for later.”

While he began to set the buckets inside the glass counter for the ice cream, three fillies scampered in through the door quietly. Each one of them peaked their heads over the counter waiting for the cyborg to look up.

“That should do it, now where did I put the- What in Equestria!” Freezor called out from surprise, hitting his head on the counter. “What are you three doing here!”

“We were wonder’n if ya’ll needed any help!” Applebloom said with a smile.

“Yeah, Applebloom told us how you were going to start a shop, and we thought we could get our cutie marks by helping!” Scootaloo said, pointing to a wagon connected to her scooter that was filled with various tools. “But we didn’t know what you were going to be needing, so we got all the stuff we could think of.”

“I still don’t think we needed to bring the pickaxes or shovels though, they just seem silly.” Sweetie Belle said, looking at the stack of tools. “Hey, is that my sister’s sewing machine?”

“Um, look. I don’t really think you could help out that much, you are just fillies after all.” Freezor said, trying to think of something the three could do.

“Aw, c’mon there has to be something!” Scootaloo said, rolling her eyes. “We aren’t that little!”

“Well, how about you help me set up the tables?” Freezor said, pointing to a box filled with napkin holders and napkins. “You can put the napkins in them, and I’ll put them on the tables, okay?”

“Sure! That means we can get our cutie marks for being, uh, what would that make us anyway?” Applebloom asked, trying to think of a name. “Napkin holder fillers?”

“I guess you would be restockers, not sure why you need to kno-”

“CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS, NAPKIN HOLDERS RESTOCKERS YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!” The three fillies shouted in unison.

“What have I gotten myself into...” Placing a hoof on his face, Freezor began to unpack the box.

______________________________________________________________________________

“By Celestia’s mane, it’s you!” Twilight exclaimed, quickly shaking the outstretched hoof. “You’re the pony from his story, what are you doing here in Ponyville?”

“Let’s just say I happen to run into this pony yesterday at a snack shop I visit often, I asked the pink pony there if she knew if he was staying here or not and when she told me he was, I was going to go drop by to give him a visit to seen how well he was recovering.”

“So let me get this straight.” Rainbow Dash said, sitting down while thinking. “Three ponies come into town, each one having known each other in the past. One of them having something against the other, and we just happen to know each of them. And so far Freezor’s story doesn’t line up with how other ponies describe the other ponies in it.”

“What do you think this means, could he be covering something up?” Rarity asked, looking worried.

“If he is acting as bad as you three say he is, then I think I know a way to get this thing settled. But I’ll need your help, do you trust me?” Tornado asked, looking the three friends in the eyes.

A moment of silence passed while each of them thought on the matter, Twilight looked up with a smile. “We trust you, what do you need us to do?”

Comments ( 2 )

“A while back you mentioned you mentioned somepony called ‘Frosty’ dropped by your shop, right?”

Only error I found...

Login or register to comment