• Published 15th May 2012
  • 2,341 Views, 18 Comments

Relics of a Wounded Soul - Coat Rack



A strange pony visits Ponyville carrying a troubled past, can Twilight and her friends help him?

  • ...
3
 18
 2,341

- Chapter 1 - The Living Cyborg

My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic

:Relics of a Wounded Soul:

My Little Pony OC story

[Sad] [OC] [Grimdark]

Chapter 1: The Living Cyborg

______________________________________________________________________________
“Okay men, we have about fifteen minutes to get him to the doctors before he’s done, let’s move wings!” a paramedic pegasus called out to a group of pegasi holding a stretcher, on it was a black pony that almost looked dead with severe frostbite all over him. Shaking his head as he watched the body be flown to the closest doctors he muttered to himself. “What was that basted pegasus thinking...”
______________________________________________________________________________


It was a bright and sunny day in Ponyville, ponies were going about their daily business. Shopping, working, playing, and for others, trying to make their friends rethink their actions.

“Okay Twilight, here’s the plan!” Rainbow Dash announced while flying back and forth in front of her unicorn friend, Twilight Sparkle. “I want you to use your magic to lift that huge rock over there, and drop it on the other end of this catapult on the count of three!”

“Rainbow Dash, are you sure this isn’t going to turn up like the time you had Applejack launch you off this thing?” Twilight asked, questioning her friend’s idea. Having tried the same stunt awhile back with another friend only landed the rainbow colored pegasus into her home's deck.

“Of course I’m sure it will work, this time I don’t have some sleepyhead doing the job! Besides, when was the last time I tried something that I knew wasn’t safe?” Dash asked, stopping to give off a look of pride, only to have it knocked away by her friend’s reply.

“Are you counting the time you attacked the dragon head-on or not?” Twilight asked, a smirk growing on her face as Rainbow Dash lost her prideful look.

“Well that was awhile back wasn’t it, I can’t think of anything else I did knowing it was dangerous!” Looking past her friend she noticed a hooded figure walking up the street, one that looked rather strange, almost unpony like. “Uh Twilight, what is that... thing?”

“Rainbow Dash, we are in the middle of Ponyville, there is nothing out of the ordinary to ask about. Unless it’s Pinkie Pie, but even still she’s probably just being Pinkie.” Twilight said with a calm voice while turning her head to look in the direction her friend was pointing to, upon seeing the strange hooded figure approaching her expression quickly changed. “Then again, this is Ponyville, strange things do happen here a lot.”

The figure stopped in front of the two, a lone golden light shined from under a hood it was wearing. In a eerily machine like voice it spoke up. “Is this Ponyville, or am I needing to go further?”

“Whoaah, that’s just plain creepy. What are you, a pony that can’t get out of their Nightmare Night costume?” Rainbow Dash asked looking at the figure that stood before them, but was silenced by Twilight.

“Never mind her, I’m Twilight Sparkle. And yes, this is Ponyville.” She said in a friendly voice, while giving Rainbow Dash a disapproving glare. “And this is Rainbow Dash, a friend of mine.”

There was a bit of silence before the figure spoke up again, this time it took a glance around before speaking. “I see, the village is nowhere near like I imagined it. As for your friend, tell her to keep her rude thoughts to herself before she is put on ice.” While speaking the last part he glared Rainbow Dash right into her eyes, his own glowing “eye” turning a bright red color as a warning of sorts. “Now if you excuse me, I need to go find a place to stay.”

“Hey, are you going to leave without introducing yourself, or explaining that creepy eye of yours?” Rainbow Dash asked, quickly flying in front of the figure who stopped dead in it’s tracks.

“My name is no importance to you, or anypony, I am just passing by this place.” Shaking its head the figure walked past Rainbow Dash. Twilight walked back up to it and attempted to get it to be more reasonable, but couldn't get anything out before it spoke up again. “If you two insist on pestering me then you might as well wait until I find a place to rest, I am in no mood for two over talkative fillies following me around when I’ve been walking for about four days, two hours, fifteen minutes, and twenty five seconds.”

Twilight stopped for a moment as Rainbow Dash flew up beside her, the two gave each other a puzzled look as she whispered to her friend. “Something is odd about this, thing, it acts almost like a robot of some sort.” Quickly noticing that the figure had started to pick up its pace Twilight and Rainbow Dash quickly started to make their way back up to it, some ponies in the town gave them odd looks.

After walking for awhile they began to approach the library, the figure stopped for a moment and turned to Twilight. “What are the times for this library, is it open at the moment?” The tone of its voice was very blunt, showing that it was not that thrilled about having the ponies around the town watching them as they made their way through the town.

“Uh, yeah it’s open. But I wouldn’t think this would be a place to rela-” Twilight was quickly cut off when the figure turned away from her and walked inside the library.

Landing beside Twilight, Rainbow Dash gave her a questioning look. “Is it just me, or do you find it creepy that it just happened to pick your house as a place to rest?”

After exchanging a few worried looks the two walked into the library, the figure was already reading a book while sitting next to the bookshelf. Without looking up from the book it spoke up as soon as they had closed the door, causing the two to jump. “It seems this little town is true with all its stories, about you two and your friends. The whole saving Equestria from eternal night, convincing a dragon to take a nap elsewhere, and beating the incarnation of chaos itself.”

“Okay, why are you being such a stalker of sorts mister, out with it!” the technicolored pegasus called out, only to get the thing’s red eye to glare at her once again. “Erm, sorry?”

Standing up, the figure walked up to Rainbow Dash, a glow was now seen from the low parts of the covering it had on. Twilight and Dash both could hear its deep breathing, both knowing it was more than slightly ticked off. “Is this how you treat ALL of your visitors to your trashy so called town, maybe I should have just kept on walking and ignored you two! I had heard this place was welcoming to ponies, but it seems I was wrong!”

Noticing the anger was building up Twilight spoke up, hoping to have it cool down. “Sorry about that, we’re sorta uneasy about this. Since we’ve had a bad past with things in cloaks...” Rainbow gave off a nod in agreement before Twilight went on. “And we would like to know who and what you are, that way we can let the others in town know that you are not a evil enchanter or something.”

Giving off a sigh, the glow started to fade as its eye returned back to it’s normal golden color, lifting one of its front hooves up and undoing the knot on the top of its cloak. The figure was finally revealed, only to lead to more confusion to Twilight and Rainbow Dash as the cloak hit the floor.

The figure was a pony, his coat was pitch black, and his tail was a deep cyan color, about the color of an ice cube. Although you couldn't tell that much because of the fact most of his body had been covered with mechanical parts. Such as a golden cyborg eye, a tube with some sort of cyan liquid running down his head and connecting to his back mimicking a mane of sorts. His entire lower body was encased with a blue metal armor with a gold trimming, where his cutie mark would have been was a piece of metal with ice cubes painted on it. His legs were made up of two parts, an extremely durable cloth, and blue and gold metal boots.

“Whoa, talk about having a killer Nightmare Night costume...” Rainbow Dash said, still in shock as to what was standing in front of her. “You have to tell me how you got it to look so.... real!”

“Rainbow Dash, this does NOT look like a costume!” Twilight scolded before turning back to the cybernetic pony. “So, you are a.... pony with machines attached?”

“Close enough, not that it matters or anything.” the cybernetic pony said, giving off a small snort. “I would have rather have shown this to the town's mayor first, to see what she would have done to help me settle in, but it seems like you two will go blab it about.”

“Why would you be scared to show that off, you look awesome! Do you know how many colts out there would love to have a costume like that!?” Rainbow Dash asked flying up to the cyborg while showing a large smile, although the smile quickly faded when she caught look of her friend’s face. “...I mean if that is a costume, if not then I am cool with you being worried about it.”

“So.... What’s your name? We didn’t get to that part earlier when we introduced ourselves.” Twilight asked looking at the cyborg, who simply sighed before it answered.

“I’m Freezor Relic, just call me Freezor though.” Picking his cloak up, Freezor started to put it back on while he headed to the door. “Now if you excuse me, I need to talk with the mayor.”

“Okay then Freezor, I guess we’ll see you around?” Rainbow Dash asked with a weak smile.

“I would rather I don’t run into you again.”

After Freezor left, having slammed the door in their faces, Twilight and Rainbow Dash sat there for a while. “Well, let’s just hope he doesn’t run into Pinkie. If he couldn’t stand us, I’d hate to imagine what would happen if he met Pinkie.” Twilight said breaking the silence, Dash just gave a small nod before flying out an open window.
______________________________________________________________________________

Walking down the town with a cloak wasn’t Freezor’s ideal situation, but not wishing to make another scene he had to keep it on as he made his way to the town square. Ignoring the looks of the ponies around him he made his way to the middle of Ponyville, but was startled by a voice that spoke up right next to him.

“Hi Zecora, what brings you here today? Looking for some sweets?” A pink pony began to hop around him as he stopped dead in his tracks again, before he could protest the pink pony had began to drag him off to a shop nearby. “Well don’t you worry, Auntie Pinkie Pie knows the best place in town for sweets, Sugarcube Corner! In fact, it’s the best place in town for everything! Except books, you should head to the library for those. And you can’t get flowers here either, unless you want ones made of frosting... ”

After being dragged into Sugarcube Corner and listening to Pinkie’s rant, Freezor gave off another sigh before speaking up to Pinkie as she walked behind the counter. “You know, you and your friends should learn to give a pony their space. Meeting a stranger on the streets and then dragging them somewhere is the quickest way to get yourself beat up, or worse.”

Pinkie stopped dead in her tracks upon hearing the voice, it was a voice she never heard before, and this could mean only one thing. Letting off a loud gasp she ran over to Freezor, pulling the hood to reveal who was under it. “You’re not Zecora, in fact, I haven’t ever seen you before! And if I’ve never seen you before that must mean you’re new here, and if you are new here you must not have any frie-”

“Just hold up a second, what the hay are you getting to?” Freezor asked, after cutting off Pinkie by sticking his metal hoof into her mouth. “I came here to live a normal life, and so far it’s been anything BUT normal”

“A normal life, that sounds sooo boring! Everpony needs some excitement in their life, and a party is just the way to start it off!” Pinkie said, ignoring the fact Freezor was giving her a look of pure rage. Just seconds later, Rainbow Dash flew into the room, catching Pinkie’s eye. “Oh hi Rainbow Dash, have you met my new friend yet, Mr. Boring-Robot-Pony?”

“Hey Pinkie, there’s a new pony in town and Twili-” Stopping mid sentence Rainbow’s eyes made contact with Freezor’s, sending a chill down her spine. “oh, you met him already...”

“Well duh, I’ve met everypony in Ponyville! And right now we are in deep trouble, deep trouble!” Pinkie said stomping her hoof on the ground, this earned a shocked glare from both Freezor and Dash. “I don’t know how long he’s been here, but Mister Boring here needs a party. And I’ll give him one, Pinkie Pie style!”

“You’ve got to be kidding me...” Freezor groaned while rolling his eyes, turning to Rainbow Dash and giving her a death glare. “You or your friend told her about me, didn’t you?”

“No, I was just getting here to tell her not to bother you if she saw you. But it seems I got here too late, now there is nothing I can do to help.” Dash said, turning her face from Freezor’s cyborg eye that had turned red.

“I’m out of here.” Freezor stated quickly turning for the door, exiting out into the streets he began thinking to himself.

Things are much different here than Cloudsdale, up there I wasn’t bothered every five seconds by ponies. Here I can’t take five steps without bumping into a pony, who then tries to become a friend. Who needs friends anyways, the last time I trusted somepony... I wound up... like this.” looking down to his metallic body Freezor gave off a sigh, looking back up he found himself at the entrance to the town hall. This gave him some relief that his trek around town was coming to an end, or so he thought.

Opening the door to the building he was surprised by the fact everything was dark, it was also incredibly silent in the room. Slowly closing the door behind himself as he walked in, he stared into the darkness knowing something was watching him. “Hello, anypony in here?”

Without warning, the lights suddenly flashed on, followed by party poppers and other sounds flaring all over the place. “Surprise!!!” A certain pink pony called out while popping up from seemingly nowhere, this made Freezor react in a way he didn’t intend to.

*SMACK*