• Published 15th May 2012
  • 2,342 Views, 18 Comments

Relics of a Wounded Soul - Coat Rack



A strange pony visits Ponyville carrying a troubled past, can Twilight and her friends help him?

  • ...
3
 18
 2,342

- Chapter 3 - Meltdown

My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic

:Relics of a Wounded Soul:

My Little Pony OC story

[Sad] [OC] [Grimdark]

Chapter 3: Meltdown

______________________________________________________________________________

“"Hey Frosty, can I ask you something?"
“Sure thing Freezor.”
“Do you want to go out to lunch after work?”
“Sure, where at though?”
The Cloudy Domain?"
---
"Wasn't that a cute little filly? I have never seen a pony so into the games before."
“Heh, I am still surprised she asked you for some extra bits. Then again, who would doubt such a sweetheart like you, Frosty?"
"Oh you flatter.~"

______________________________________________________________________________

The sun slowly climbed into the sky, seeming into Freezor's window. He slowly started to awake from his long overdue rest, he gave out a yawn and started to make his bed and go about freshening himself up before going out for breakfast. Being a cyborg made his routine a bit different from the normal pony's, he didn't have to worry about getting his mane right since he lost his. He also had to run through a small system check to make sure his cyborg parts were all working, he didn't need his cyborg eye to give out, or one of his legs for that matter.

After getting freshened up he made his way to the door and looked around outside for a good place to eat, he noticed a small cafe that was just a little ways away from his house. "The Daffodil Cafe huh? I wonder if they make their sandwiches like the ones at the Cloudy Domain." He thought out-loud, grabbing his bit bag he headed out to the cafe to get some food before he started to find a job.

______________________________________________________________________________

"Now Sweetie Belle darling, stay here while I go place our order." Rarity said to her sister, who was waring her home-made Cutie Mark Crusader's cape.

"But Rarity, I was going to go crusading with Applebloom and Scootaloo!" The young filly whined. "You said I could yesterday!"

"Now now Sweetie, you can't go crusading on a empty stomach. So sit here and wait while I get us some food." Rarity said while patting Sweetie Belle's head before making her way to the counter.

"Ohh, why does she always find some way of keeping me from crusading. I told the others I would have been there by now..." Laying her head on the table Sweetie Belle gave off sigh, looking at the ponies around her eating their meals made her realize that she should grab a bite to eat before she went crusading. "I wonder what kind of ideas Scootaloo has come up with this time..."

While she was thinking she noticed Rarity talking to another pony in line, at first she was going to let out a groan until she saw who was with the pony. "It's Applejack, and Applebloom and Scootaloo are with her!" Her little eyes widened with excitement, she also noticed another pony walk up to them. "I wonder who that is..."

______________________________________________________________________________

“Now just hold on one second there Applejack” Rarity stated while brushing her hoof from off the counter. “You don’t need to get your dirty hooves all over the clean counter!”

“Oh fer crying out loud Rarity! A little bit of dirt ain’t gonna hurt a pony!” Applejack said, while rolling her eyes. “Besides, how else are we going to get our change from off it?”

“Like this darling.” With a glow from her horn, Rarity used telekinesis to levitate the bits off the counter. “See?”

“Yeah, like all ponies have yer fancy magic.” Applejack quickly took the bits out of Rarity’s magic and put them back into her saddlebags. “Now if you don’t mind, ah’m going to go sit down.”

“Fine by me.” The two walked off in different directions heads held high, only to bump into somepony.

“Excuse you, I assume?” Freezor said, looking at the two friends who had just bumped into him. “Would you mind watching where you are going, and not being so up in the clouds?”

Applejack stood there for a moment, she vaguely remembered Pinkie telling her about a new visitor to town. One that ‘had got stuck in a costume’, as she would have said. “Well I’ll be, you must be Freezor Relic! Boy, at first I didn’t believe Pinkie when she said there was a pony with machines attached to his body. But here you are now, standing right here in front of me!”

“Oh now Applejack, don’t be so rud-aah!” Rarity quickly jumped back from what she saw, it was what she would have believed to be a fashion failure. “What on Equestria has happened to you, it looks as if somepony glued you into a tin can!”

“And I thought the rainbow one was an airhead...” Freezor grumbled as he walked past the two, shoving them out of his way. “Why don’t you two go act like you are walking down a stage somewhere else.”

“Well ain’t he a nice pony.” Applejack snorted while watching him leave. “Runs into us and then shoves us out of the way like something Winona left in the middle of the hall.”

“Now now Applejack, we did have our eyes closed.” Rarity stated, knowing that it was their fault. “Perhaps we should apologize, it would be the proper thing to do after all.”

“If you ask me we should go give him a...” Before she could finish, Applejack found herself being dragged along by her friend. “Oh fer pete’s sake.”

Freezor had just ordered his breakfast, and was about to pay when he saw some bits float over to the counter and land. Quickly turning to see who dropped them, he saw the same ones who just bumped into him. “Now what do you want.”

“Just wanting to make up for the bad run-in we had a bit ago, I’m Rarity.” Turning to the orange pony who refused to face Freezor, she continued. “And this is Applejack, we decided to pay for your breakfast and invite you to join us as an apology.”

“Well... I suppose I could stay for a while...” Seeing that they were willing to pay for a stranger’s lunch, Freezor decided it would be best not to try to talk his way out of this. Having remembered what happened the last time he tried it, somepony wound up getting hurt. “But promise me there will be no ponies jumping out from nowhere and scaring me half to death.”

Applejack and Rarity stared at each other for a moment. “Uh... sure, we promi-” Rarity was quickly cut off by Applejack.

“Now wait just one second Rarity, are you gonna just tell this fella that the Crusaders are going to be little angels?” Quickly turning to Freezor she continued. “While we can’t promise there won’t be any, we will try to keep them from bothering you too much.”

“...A voice inside me tells me that what you are telling me is easier said than done.”

“You are absolutely correct.”

______________________________________________________________________________

“How long can it take to make a few little sandwiches!” Applebloom moaned, she was sitting with the rest of her friends at the table. “We could have found our cutie marks ten time by now!”

“Who is that pony they are talking to? It’s like he got stuck in his Nightmare Night costume!” Scootaloo inquired, trying to figure out what was taking so long. “It looks like they are headed this way though!”

“That means we can eat soon!” Sweetie Belle said while jumping up, she quickly turned to Applebloom. “Hey, do you think we got a cutie mark for waiting?”

The three looked for their marks, only to find none. “Nope, waiting isn’t our talent.” Putting her hoof up to her chin Applebloom thought for a moment, when a idea struck her. “I know! Let’s try to get our cutie marks by trying to be robots!”

“CUTIE MARK ACQUISITION PROGRAM!” Sweetie Bell said in a monotoned voice. “Was that good?”

“Are you sure you’re not a robot, Sweetie Bot?” Scootaloo said while giggling. “Oh, here they come!”

“Hello girls, make room for a guest.” Rarity said while setting a tray down with several sandwiches on it. “Freezor, meet Sweetie Belle, Applebloom, and Scootaloo.”

“Hello there.” Freezor said, looking at the three friends who had an unnerving smile on their faces. “I got a bad feeling about this...

“SET PHASERS TO HUG!” Sweetie Belle quickly called out while jumping onto Freezor, who in turn jumped back in shock.

“I second that!” Applebloom called while joining in on the hug, quickly followed by Scootaloo.

“N-n-now girls! Give the pony some space!” Rarity called out, she was about to pull them off when she saw Freezor gently bend down letting them get off. “O-or he can just do that.”

“Well aren’t these three just the most daring fillies I’ve seen.” Freezor said with a chuckle while sitting down. “I suppose you three were trying to act like robots?”

“Yep, did we do good Mr. Robot?” Sweetie Belle said with a smile on her face.

“Well I don’t know....” He said while looking up to the skies while chuckling. “I am not one to judge, seeing I am only part robot.”

“What do you mean, it ain’t possible for a pony to be a robot!” Applebloom said while shoving off the comment. “You just like wearing your Nightmare Night costume, that or you got stuck in it.”

The once happy face turned to a stone once again, his eye turning a slight reddish color. “Oh, you little...”

“Now just hold up on second there mister!” Applejack said, quickly capturing his attention. “Just because somepony thinks you are in a costume doesn’t mean you need to get angry all the time!”

“Oh, and I take it you KNOW how it feels to have the fact you are an oddball rubbed in your face, no matter WHERE you go?” Freezor said, his eye now a full glowing red color. “If I were you, I’d think twice before assuming you know what the problem is!”

“We know what it’s like!” Scootaloo said while standing up, pointing to her two friends. ”We know what it’s like being the oddballs of the group!”

“And what makes you think that little filly?”

“None of us have our cutie marks yet, and everypony else has them in our class!” Staring into his eyes, she continued. “I’m sure you know what it is like to be poked fun at and used since you’re different!”

Freezor stared at Scootaloo for a while, before finally sitting back down and his eye turning back to gold. “Y-you’re right, I DO know what that feels like.”

“Ah didn’t mean to hurt your feelings, I just didn’t think that a pony could be a robot.” Applebloom said kicking the ground with her hoof.

“And I’m sorry if acting like a robot hurt your feelings too.” Sweetie Belle said, joining in on the apologies. “We were just trying figure out if that was a costume or not...”

“Well, all you had to do was ask.” Pulling his hoof out so the three fillies could reach it, he continued. “I am part robot, try hitting me if you don’t believe it.”

The three fillies tapped on his hoof, the sound of metal hitting their hooves was enough to convince them he was what he claimed to be. “Whooaah, I can’t believe it is real, and yet it is!” Scootaloo said, her eyes growing wide.

“You know what they say, if there is a will there’s a way.” Freezor said, not noticing a pony walking up to him.

“Excuse me sir... do I happen to know you by any chance?”