• Published 15th May 2012
  • 2,342 Views, 18 Comments

Relics of a Wounded Soul - Coat Rack



A strange pony visits Ponyville carrying a troubled past, can Twilight and her friends help him?

  • ...
3
 18
 2,342

- Chapter 2 - Treading on Thin Ice

My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic

:Relics of a Wounded Soul:

My Little Pony OC story

[Sad] [OC] [Grimdark]

Chapter 2: Treading on Thin Ice

______________________________________________________________________________

“You know Relic, she’s not that kind of a pony. She looks on the inside of a pony and not the outside, and you are a great colt and a hard worker, I’m sure she’ll like you!”
“A-are you sure, I don’t want to make her think I am just working hard to win her over...”
“Relic, I’ve been here for several years. And I worked with her before she got promoted, if anypony would know her it would be me.”
“If you say so...”

______________________________________________________________________________

A loud gasp echoed through the room as the pink pony was sent flying into some tables with drinks on them, that quickly fell down with the drinks spilling everywhere. Freezor slowly put his hooves back down. While he felt bad for knocking the poor pony into a table, he also felt like she deserved it for scaring him so badly. Glancing over to the group of ponies that was circling the room he gave off a snort, his eye turning red while doing so. “You ponies have NO IDEA how to greet somepony, DO you?! I haven’t been in town for a day yet and you think you should throw me a party, and scare the life out of me the second I walk in!?”

“No wonder why you are all alone, you come walking into town as if you own the place, and then smack Pinkie Pie into a table without even seeing if she alright before you go yelling at us!” Rainbow Dash yelled out, she was standing next to the knocked-out party pony in a defensive stance. “It’s one thing to be an utter grouch to ponies who are being nice to you, but bucking one into a table is going TOO far!”

“Please girl, she had it coming. I gave her fair warning about this stuff at that snack shop, whatever it was called.” Freezor said while rolling his eyes. “Besides, a filly like you couldn’t put a dent in this armor.”

“You wanna bet tough guy, because I’ll stick those hooves you used to buck Pinkie right back into your big mouth if you want!” Dash said while stomping her hoof while giving off a snort.

“Oh please, I’ve seen bigger threats from a newborn foal.” Giving of a smirk, Freezor got into a battle stance. “But I will humor you just to show these ponies what happens when you invade somepony’s space.”

“It. Is. ON!” Rainbow Dash called out, quickly making a dash too the cyborg in front of her as it charged at her. While charging she noticed the same glow she saw earlier coming from his cloak, but before the two could clash a yellow pagusus blocked the two.

“Stoooop!” Fluttershy called out, getting in front of the two in a attempt to keep them from fighting. They both screeched to a halt inches away from crashing into her. “Please, we don’t need to fight. Pinkie Pie could be hurt, and fighting won’t do her any good.”

______________________________________________________________________________

“You stupid foal, leave her alone!” A black pegasus called out while charging at another pegasus who had pushed a young pegasus into a table, possible knocking her out.
“That foal scared the life out of me, asking me to help make cupcakes and then lunging at me with a plastic knife is just wrong! And even if it was a prank she needed to be taught a lesson on what’s good and what’s not!” The other pegasus called back getting in a charging stance. “Now stand down or I’ll put you down!”
“Come at me you coward!” The two quickly charged at each other, only to be blocked by a white female pegasus.
“Relic, Brandish, stop!” Giving the two a disapproving stare she continued “Surprise could be hurt, and even if she did pull a prank that scared you that much, you should be ashamed of yourself for attacking her, she was only trying to give you a clean scare this Nightmare Night!” turning to the other pegasus she continued her scolding. “And Relic, fighting is no way to settle this. If anything Surprise would be caught in the crossfire, and wind up more hurt than she already is!

______________________________________________________________________________

“...Freezor?”

Everything started to fade back from white, looking around he noticed he was lying on the floor with Twilight and Fluttershy looking over him. Picking himself up he couldn’t look up at them, only turned to some stairs nearby before walking towards them. “Sorry about that, I... didn’t mean any harm, I just got a little scared by her...”

“Hey, where is Mister Robot Guy going?” Pinkie asked, while hopping up to Twilight and Fluttershy. “There is still punch left, and cake, and games, and even candy!”

“I don’t know Pinkie, but something changed after he fainted. Almost like something struck a chord in his mind...” Twilight said while looking at the ground, trying to figure something out. “Perhaps I should go talk to him, maybe I can get him to be reasonable and tell me what’s bothering him.”

“That would be nice, the poor thing seems awfully disturbed by something. Maybe he had a horrible dream while he was out, or maybe a bad memory.” Fluttershy said, kicking at the ground with her hoof.

______________________________________________________________________________

On the balcony of the town hall, Freezor was looking up at the stars pondering the image that had played through his mind. He wished he could forget about her, especially after what had happened. But no matter how hard he tried, he could never get her face out of his mind. “Why can’t my mind take a hint, those so called friends were in no way friends, just a bunch of backstabbers! All they wanted me around for was to use me as a tool, not to mention treat me like a foal.”

“Freezor, are you okay?” Twilight asked walking up the stairs, followed by Fluttershy. “We got worried after you passed out and wanted to come check on you.”

“I-I’m fine, just had a bit of a flashback is all. Nothing important, go back to the party, I might be back down there in a bit.” Freezor said, his head still looking up into the night sky. “Be sure to tell the pink pony I’m sorry in the event I don’t make it back down before it’s over.”

“Mister Relic please be more reasonable, we can’t help you if you don’t tell us what’s troubling you...” Fluttershy said walking up to him and looking into his cyborg eye, she noticed that the eye wasn’t a golden color like it was, but it had changed to a light blue color.

“I don’t wish to talk about it, not now, not ever.” Freezor snarled, his eye quickly changing to red while glaring at Fluttershy. Giving of a yelp she quickly scampered back to Twilight.

“Freezor, we want to help you. I know that there is something wrong, and as a friend I wish to help you overcome it.” Twilight said, walking up to Freezor. “I know it might hurt, but just like wounds it won’t heal without being cleaned out.”

“...If I give you a brief run down will you promise leave me alone, and not tell anypony?” Freezor asked while sighing, he knew that they wouldn’t stop bugging him unless he told them something. He could give them a half truth it needed, all he wanted was some peace and quiet.

“We promise.” Twilight said, a warm smile covered her face. Finally her waiting had paid off, she could find out what was troubling the cyborg. And if she was lucky, help him get over it.

“I once was working in the weather factory, the Winter Facility to be precise. There was a Nightmare Night party, where all the workers got together and had some fun, food, and fellowship. That year a young pegasus that was in training was there, her name was Surprise. She was known for pulling pranks, but one of the ponies she pranked didn’t like it and pushed her into a table, much like I did to the pink one. I happen to see this and dashed over to stand up for her, but before I could give him a piece of my mind another pegasus stopped us, much like your friend did. Afterwards he walked out of the party, leaving me and my friend to check on Surprise.” Looking at the ground Freezor continued, his eye turning a blue shade once again. “After I awoke I realized that I had became the very pegasus I had attacked, it’s sad when you become your own enemy...”

There was a moment of silence, Twilight and Fluttershy joined Freezor in looking at the ground. Twilight knew there was more to the story, but didn’t wish to push the matter, seeing that he was already hurting.

“You two should get back to the party, I need some time to figure out how to deal with myself.” Freezor said turning his head back to the stars, his voice being low and soft. “Don’t worry about me, I’ll be fine.”

“Freezor, you can’t just stay up here and let this party go on without you. Pinkie threw it just for you, and she would be devastated if you didn’t get to partake in any of it.” Twilight begged, in hopes of getting him to change his mind. “We all make mistakes, we just have to learn to get over them and move on.”

“That’s easy for you to say, maybe you should try to become the one you hate” The once soft voice took on a more harsh tone. “Then again, you and your friends live in a happy land filled with flowers and rainbows. Not caring for others’ personal space, or feelings.”

“That’s not true, we do care! Pinkie saw that you weren’t happy and she tried to cheer you up!” Twilight stated, stomping her hoof on the ground.

“Yeah, and you already know what happen! I became the one I hate!” Freezor barked back, his eye now a crimson red. “There is no reason to try to sweet talk me into going back down, what’s done is done!”

Twilight and Freezor stared into each other’s eyes, both trying to get the other to back down. After a while a timid voice broke the silence.

“Mister Relic, maybe you can fix what that other pegasus didn’t.” Fluttershy walked up and looked Freezor in the eyes with a weak smile. “You can ask for an apology and have some fun with the party.”

Taking his eyes off twilight and glaring at her friend, Freezor thought about what was said. Slowly his eye turned to its normal gold color, a faint grin spread across his face. “...You’re right, I can fix this... I don’t have to be my own enemy, I can be who I want to be...”

“That’s right, you can do what he didn’t!” Twilight said walking up, knowing that the once harden emotions had seemingly melted away she felt more at ease talking with him. “Now that you cleaned out, the memory can heal, and you can move on!”

“You’re right. It does feel better now, thank you.” Freezor said while giving off a weak smile, almost unnoticeable. “Let’s get back down to the party, I have an apology to give.”

______________________________________________________________________________

After the party had ended, Freezor talked with the mayor about finding a place to stay. She offered him a small building nearby that was once a ice cream parlor, after taking a look around he accepted the offer and signed a rent for it so he could get a place to rest for the night.

After the party had ended, Freezor talked with the mayor about finding a place to stay. She offered him a small building nearby that was once a ice cream parlor, after taking a look around he accepted the offer and signed a rent for it so he could get a place to rest for the night.

“Maybe I was wrong about these ponies” Freezor thought to himself while lying in his bed. “Maybe they do care for their visitors, maybe I can fit into this town.”

For the first time that day, Freezor felt at rest. No longer worried about how he would fit in, the ponies at the party seemed to be in awe about the fact he was a cyborg. He had high hopes for his new life in Ponyville, happy he had found a place that respected him for who he was, and didn’t just want to use him like a toy.

For the first time that day, Freezor felt at rest. No longer worried about how he would fit in, the ponies at the party seemed to be in awe about the fact he was a cyborg. He had high hopes for his new life in Ponyville, happy he had found a place that respected him for who he was, and didn’t just want to use him like a toy.