• Published 5th Apr 2015
  • 2,003 Views, 9 Comments

Raritys Egg - Hillbe



Rarity wakes up after a strange dream to find a lavender dragons egg in her bed

  • ...
10
 9
 2,003

Cracking a few eggs

Cracking a Few Eggs

Spike laid back after breakfast rearranging books as usual nothing too fast or too slow. Pacing himself for a long day of work.

His mind wondered off his tasks at claw as he moved from isle to isle sorting all the misplaced books from one spot to another.

Twilights call brought him back into the moment "Spike, How are you doing today?" she quizzed him.

"Fine couldn't be better" he answered in a chipper mood his mind still in park with the motor running.

"You sure?" she smiled knowing his preoccupation with a particular pretty pony of a unicorn mare persuasion.

"Yeah, Great even" he sighed a contented breath his eyes focused on a spot on some horizon paradise far away.

"You're not mad at Pinkie or Rainbow for the egg prank?"

She placed a hoof on his chest to study his reply and looked into his eyes.

"Can you keep a secret?" He motioned her to come closer with his claw drawing to whispering range his breath filling her ear.

She nodded her head putting her hoof back on the overly swept mopped and polished crystal floor.

"We cuddled on the back balcony like for an hour, Me and Rarity!" he squealed like a little school house filly.

Twilight giggled "All right you little Romeo get back to work I've got to go out for a while but I'll be back before lunch".

Spike glided back into his chores as Twilight left the library. his romantic burden shared with the Princess of Friendship.

____________________________________________________________

"A tuft of cloud, a rainbows glow, stir with a pegasus feather fast not slow, serve to two not in the know".

Sweetie Belle told her sister the ingredients for the love potion her concern was like her cooking in Raritys kitchen.

"Sweetie my dear I'm a grown mare I just wanted to see that your miss guided adventures don't happen again, that's all".

"Yeah, like no pony was too happy finding Big Mac & Cheerilee down in a hole in the street on a feather mattress ready to.."

"Sweetie Belle! such notions, not to mention the damages to my Boutique the amount of bits it took for the repairs..."

"We where going to sell tickets too". Sweetie squeaked a light protest.

"Sweetie Belle Filligree! enough where do you get such vulgar ideas?" Rarity admonished her little sibling.

The little foal looked innocently up to her bigger sister with a growing smirk "You and your little Spikey Wikey!"

The foal giggled as she darted out the front door "Spike and Rarity sitting in a tree..." her singing fading into local street noise.

Rarity resumed her sewing and ripping of seams an embarrassed frown growing to a calculating smile on her muzzle

a cheeky smile, a devious smile only Rarity could cultivate.

_________________________________________________________________________

Spike was on top of his duties in classical draconic form. Rearranging the library - Check. Crystal floors - Check.

Clearing the Map table thingy - Check. His room clean and his favorite special plushy fluffed up in the center of his pillow - Double check.

He was now in the crystal castle kitchen mixing up a batch of his triple fudge chip cookies after whipping up a casual lunch of

daisy cucumber sandwiches with Dijon sauce and a hint of garlic, scrambled tofu rice stuffed tomatos in maple cream and coffee/tea.

He put the cookie sheet into the oven, the quick clean up was a piece of cake, Spike held the wooden mixing spoon in his claws

bowing gently he announced proudly "My Lady Rarity thank you for inviting me to the Gala may I humbly offer you this dance".

"Of course I'll accept this dance my Spikey Wikey" Her voice called out from behind a very surprised dragon who was last seen

going apron over tea kettle out of sight banging onto the floor in a heap.

"You heard that?" Spike called out from his hidden position scrambling to right himself.

"Hear what precious scales" she coyly answered enjoying his cute little freak out.

"Nothing" Spike let out a breath of relief and peeking up from behind the counter top "Lunch as almost ready just waiting for everyone

to show up, Ah what's that you've got there?"

________________________________________________________________________

"Wow Spike you sure out did yourself with preparing our lunches today" Twilight beamed as she leaned back from the table.

"Well Apple Jack brought the fritters and Rarity some wine so I didn't do everything" Spike modestly spoke as a fritter stuffed his mouth.

The whole bunch was finishing the meal fit for a hero when Rarity brought the wine it was served in fine goblets one for each pony set

on a platter her magic glowed as the whole display was carefully set in the middle of the table.

"A little port for the digestion and a little surprise celebration for all my new boutiques!" Rarity announced raising her hooves in the air.

As all the mares shared in the happy mood Pinkie jumped to the platter and spun them around spilling the contents from one cup to

another and bringing her own brand of chaos to the now lunch PARTY!

"Ooh shiny glasses and weird punch! let me let me let me!" Pinkie lapped up the spill on the platter "Ugh this ain't punch it's like cider!"

"Pinkie Port is a wine like ma cider back at the farm" as she hefted a goblet for herself.

"Cool another cider I'll give it a go!" Rainbow greedily grabbed a set of goblets as Twilight opened her mouth.

"Rainbow Dash what are you doing taking two pass one to Fluttershy!"

As the drinks passed from hoof to hoof Rarity lost track of the order of things panic filled her as the bunch readied a toast to her

fabulousness, her success, her prank gone wrong in a spin of pink fate gone crazy. All she could do now was close her eyes.

"Oh dear what have I done..."

It was surprisingly quiet for the coming chaos she could hear Spikes voice and the cooing of pigeons and a dog and

a sobbing Apple Jack...

She peeked to see Spike looking into her eyes she quickly slammed them shut.

"No Spike don't look"

Spike pried her eyes open she couldn't help but to look into the dragons eyes how she adored his emerald eyes the perfect

shade of ... confused?

"Spike you're not in love with me?" was her question passing on deaf ears of a dragon.

"Rarity what's going on you ok?" Spike gasped "The others I just don't know what got into them!"

She looked across the table Apple Jack was cradling an apple fritter sobbing her heart out looking at Pinkie with tears flowing

"I just don't know how to leave ya" stroking the fritter tenderly "It's a powerful feeling, ah just cant let you go!"

Pinkie just looked on slobbering and whining her tail wagging like a dog crouching with her butt in the air "woof woof".

Twilight was quietly announcing her confusion "girls...girls...girls?"

But that was nothing to the sound of "Coo coo ca coo-Coo coo ca coo- Coo coo ca coo!" pigeons?

Loud popcorn and bread crumb eating sky pigs from that old mare in the park, PIGEONS!

Rarity looked across the floor to see a cowering Fluttershy with her rump in the air her wings hiding her face from the

likes of the mighty Rainbow Dash. Rainbow Dash. Rainbow Dash?

Rainbow Pigeon is her middle name Dash her wings on display like a peacock her chest and neck puffed out bobbing her head proudly

as she pranced around her prize. Around and around she pranced her head bobbing in rhythm with each strut of her legs crouching

down ruffling her feathers and wings trying to impress the withering Fluttershy her form shrinking with every second passing.

_________________________________________________________________________

Rarity withered under Twilights gaze the marsh mellow mare reached out to Spike and gave him gentle hug.

"Rarity what do you mean you gave them that stupid love poison?" Twilight was peeved to say the least.

"Spikey dear can you go to your room?" Rarity asked.

"At last you're thinking like a grown mare I thought you are" Twilight spoke with the confidence of a royal.

Rarity kissed him on the cheek and sent the dragon on his way "and bring me your camera?"


"Rarity!" Twilight shrieked.

"Really Twilight dear we all need something to laugh about in our golden years do we not?"

The Rainbow pigeon was now strutting through the castle courting a fleeing Fluttershy making a mess out of everything and

boy what a mess it was.

Why? That's what pigeons do.

"And that's why Rarity is staying on the couch in the castle, Twilight didn't want me cleaning up her mess." Spike said with a smile.

Comments ( 3 )

7133864 Really? Do you do requests?

7663207

Sure...:pinkiehappy:

Art or story?:moustache::raritywink:

I'm flattered:facehoof:

Ha ha ha :rainbowlaugh: I NEED MORE RAINBOW PIGEON NOW!!
Overall were Cute and fun.

Login or register to comment