• Published 5th Apr 2015
  • 1,999 Views, 9 Comments

Raritys Egg - Hillbe



Rarity wakes up after a strange dream to find a lavender dragons egg in her bed

  • ...
10
 9
 1,999

An Omelet for one

An Omelet for One

Ratity was asleep in her bed when a dragons roar filled the air, Windows and walls shuttered and dust from the nooks and corners waft from their hiding places, Even the dust bunnies scampered to safer places.

The mare tore off her sleep mask and raced to the window.
Focusing into the dark she watched in awe as a pod of dragons tumbled in mortal combat.
Claws slashed in the air and flames erupted from sabre lined jaws lighting the night sky with accents of gleaming scales.

Her thoughts mused at the sight, Was it for stolen hoards or could it be for domination or for the sake of romance could it be a battle for a life long mate? That last thought brought a blush to her cheeks .

Rarity continued watching as the battle drew closer to Ponyville Twilight emerged from her perch atop the crystal castle bristling with magical power ready for anything .
Spike exited the lower main gate waddling in hot pursuit with a crock pot on his head and a sharpened broom stick.

Rarity sat and gasped at the sight of her friends ready to do battle against raw dragon power, Twilight fought a good fight but the magic resistant dragons continued unabated in the personal dual . The dragons slashed clawed blasting each other at will tumbling ever closer to the Boutique, Spike seeing this let out a roar himself , Twilight looked at her pot covered assistant and in a moment she was tossed with a thud through the window Rarity was sitting in, Twilights eyes spun in her head and she collapsed to the floor, Dazed breathing but alive.

Rarity looked at Twilight then out the window then back to Twilight, Outside Spike advanced on the dragons screaming at the top of his lungs "What are you jerky idiots doing in my hoard?" Smoke billowing from his nostrils "You shall not pass!"

Rarity raced down the stairs calling out "No Spike no!"

She ran to Spikes side and reached out with a hoof looking up only to see a clawed foot crashing down. Wham

Wham, wham wham went the window as Rarity awoke with a start and a cold chill down her back she removed her sleep mask. She staggered over to the offending shutter and secured it. Her hooves were shaking not from the cold but from her dream just moments ago.

"I'll just have to lay off the mocha ice cream before bed time " She pulled the sheets back and crawled into her safe haven when her hooves contacted a hard round warm what ever.
She recoiled out of the bed and looked at the now obvious lump to where her plot was moments before, Her horn glowed as a lamp stand raised over the bed ready to strike the trespassing lump and slowly she rolled the covers back.
She let out a gasp as her eyes gazed on a lavender egg the size of a hoofball.
It was warm to the touch smooth with a hint of dampness it's color was a cross of Spikes purple scales and her mane.
She eyed the egg closely and tapped the shell with her hoof , Smelling the egg she found is smelled of lavender and dragon perspiration.

Spike? She thought of the smell and lifted the egg from it's resting place. Spike ,you little rascal It sure smelled like the dragon assistant of a one Princess Twilight Sparkle.

She could feel the weight in the egg shift as she held it and on closer inspection she could hear a sound inside.Need to get this to Twilight she'll know what this is about.

The sun was just peaking over Canterlot as Twilight stood at the front doors of her castle looking at Rarity holding a lavender dragon egg .

"Where did you find that?" Questioned Twilight a look of WTF thinking 'O K what's the joke here'.

"If you must know I found it in my bed this morning" Rarity added " I had a dream of battling dragons and when I awoke this morning this was in my bed nice and freshly laid. You didn't happen to be doing any dragon fertility spells or any other spells as of late?"

Twilight scrunched her eyes and looked close at the egg Lavender color, purple spots, still warn, smells like, smells like"SPIKE!"

She yelled "Spike! Get your lazy scaly body down here, RIGHT NOW!"

Spike waddled into the grand hall carrying a crock pot and a spoon "No need to shout Twilight , I'm right here".

"Spike, Would you know anything about a lavender egg that smells just like you, Would you?" Twilight asked in a short huff.

"What egg?" Spike edged closer looking at the mare of his dreams and his boss Twilight the doubting mother, Rarity held up the egg in question and Spikes eyes grew wide and darted between the mares the egg and back to the mares sweat pouring down his scaled face.
All was silent till the sound of knocking was heard at the front door.

"Hi y'all R D said you needed some apples delivered , What in tarnation are ya doin with that egg rarity?" Applejack looked at the three and said with a chuckle " That's what ya get fer kissin a dragon"

The sound of a dropped pot stopped all conversation and Spikes terrified voice squeaked out "Can kissing do that?"

Twilight looked at Spike "It would take more than a kiss to lay an egg" Her poker face holding pat. "Are any other dragons..."

"How would you know. We know next to nothing about Dragons" Rainbow barged in from the ceiling " I think dragon boy has some explaining to do".

"Rainbow Dash , How dare you flout Spikes honor ,He's not some ruffian from the Bad lands".

The door opened again with Pinkie with Fluttershy in tow "I brought Fluttershy so she can help Rarity with her egg"

"How would you know about Raritys egg?" quizzed Twilight.

"Well you know how Spikey wikey is always hanging around Rarity and how he's a cutesy wootsy little guy and how Rarity kissed him and is always asking him for help digging for gems or like when she went crazy with dark magic and turned everything shiny and my pinkie sense goes off when goofy things happen but now I saw her leaving the boutique this morning with that funny dragon egg." Then pinkie smiled.

Spike watched the bunch ponder the issue as Rarity was hugging lavender as she called the egg keeping it safe and warm.

"Spikes a dragon it has to be his" piped Rainbow.

"But ponies don't lay eggs" Twilight shot back.

"But Rarity laid an egg" pinkie beamed as she munched on a piece of cake washing it down with a glass of chocolate milk.

" I'll be a mules uncle if there ain't more goin on than kissin" Applejack croaked "fertile eggs got ta have a rooster".

"Girls" squeaked Fluttershy.

"Applejack, I'm a mare not a common chicken!" blasted the marsh mellow.

Spike moved over to Rarity and the egg putting his claws gently on both Lavender and the mare.

Twilight flipped through the few books she had "I just don't know the egg could be a dragons or laid by her but it smells like both Spike and Rarity, and it could be the effects of that dark magic she used, I just don't know."

"I say it's Spikes and Raritys problem it has their hoof and claw prints and smells all over it!" Rainbow gloated.

The argument continued till Spike screamed " OH COME ON ! KNOCK IT OFF!"

The little drake looked into Raritys eyes and lightly spoke " I don't care where the egg came from , If you need a father for her I'll be there for you and the little one".

Spike took his pot and spoon and waddled from the room glancing back to them as he exited the hall.

Applejack was first to break the silence "Spikes got more grit than any stallion".

Twilights tears wetted her eyes "Spikes never had a real dad , I just forgot".

Rarity looked up at the bunch and then to Fluttershy who was still squeaking "Girls" pointing at the egg.

They all looked at a small crack forming in the shell. Crouching low they all waited seeing what was to break out.

BBBRRRRRIIIIIINNGG!

The egg burst open in a wave of feathers and confetti streamers ,
Rarity fell backwards in surprise along with Twilight, Applejack, Fluttershy as Rainbow and Pinkie rolled on the floor drowning in laughter.

"So we used a piece of Spikes old blanket for the smell with a spritz of her perfume" Rainbow droned on.

The elements of harmony were rehashing the events leading to the confetti omelet when Rarity excused herself to run to the ladys room.

Spike sat on the castles back gate watching the stars when Rarity quietly sat next to him. She sat for a minute or two before she spoke.

"It was an interesting prank Rainbow pull on us this morning was it not?" She looked over to see his gaze looking into the dark.

"Yeah ,It was ok" He said his eyes raising to see hers " Didn't have me fooled for a minute" So it was a little lie.

She added "Didn't fool me either" A small fib "Spikey my precious scales what you said today was what any mare would die for."

Spike smiled "Feel like getting a real omelet? I can whip one up for you in a jiffy".

She wrapped her hooves around the drake "That sounds divine Spikey, Lets just enjoy these stars for a moment shall we".