• Published 4th Mar 2015
  • 1,589 Views, 13 Comments

The sick mash - silentrock



When Buttonmash gets sick and can't go to the gaming convention sweetie decides to cheer him up

  • ...
5
 13
 1,589

The pony pox

Button mash let out a pitiful whine, “Uhggg”. The little video game loving colt grabbed a tissue and wiped his nose.

Button had been devastated when the doctor had told him that he had a simple cold. He was told that he was going to be better in a few weeks. To add insult to injury, the doctor had sentenced him to bed rest. Today was bound to be one of the worst of Button’s life.

So here he lay sprawled on his bed instead of enjoying the gaming convention currently going on in Ponyville. The worst part was that he wouldn’t be able to meet the creator of Manecraft and personal idol, Notch. It was the biggest gaming Convention held in Ponyville, and he would miss it. Well at least Sweetie would get to meet Notch. Maybe she could get an autograph for him. A sudden sneeze caused Button to splutter and cough.

A sudden tap on his door by his mother, Love Tap caught his attention. “Hi, sweetie do you need anything?”

Button shook his head. Even if he needed something, he doubted he could muster the strength to speak.

“You haven’t been scratching as much, I think that antibiotic is working”. Love Tap stared at him, concern written all over her face.

Love Tap trotted over, sitting on his covers. “Button, I know you are upset about the convention, so I have a surprise for you when you get better.” She gently kissed Button’s forehead. “I’ll show you what it is when you get better so try to rest”. Love Tap strode over to the lightswitch, casting the room in darkness. “Get some rest, my little pony” She tip toed out of his room, taking care not to slam the door behind her.

…………………………………………………………………….

Love Tap walked down the stairs to the sink and began to start on the dishes. Thank Celestia I had the Pony Pox as a filly! Thanks to that experience, she was in no danger of contracting the pox from Button.

But, with her husband and other son away on a camping trip, it was up to her to keep up the housework despite her desire to stay by Button’s side. If only he had a friend who could.

………………………………………………………………..

Sweetie trotted towards Button’s house. Miss Cheerilee had asked her to deliver some homework to Button, and she was all too eager to help out. Though she was headed to the gaming convention, she could always spare a moment for Button. He was cute, dreamy . . . Her thoughts were interrupted as her head contacted the door of the mash household with a resounding thud.

While nursing the bump, she watched as Love Tap opened the door. The mare clasped a hoof to her mouth, “Sweetie Belle are you okay?”As was typical, she patted Sweetie Belle in an overly maternal fashion. If there was one thing Love Tap was good at, it was taking care of others.

Sweetie looked up at Love Tap, “Oh I’m fine, Miss Mash. I just came by to deliver some homework to Button”

Love Tap let out a small gasp as though coming upon an epiphany. “Why don’t you come up and say hi to him? It would really cheer him up, and it might help him feel better faster.”

Sweetie pondered it. Getting to chat with Button was a more than tempting offer. Making her decision, she jerked a nod, following Love Tap inside. To her pleasant surprise, it was a lot cleaner than she had expected for a house with a hardcore gamer.

“He’s in his room.” Love Tap cast a sideways glance at her, as though contemplating something. Carefully, she knocked on Button’s door.

Button’s hoarse voice drifted towards them from behind the door, “Come in.”

Love Tap walked inside the room, “Hi, sweetie, you have a visitor.”

Sweetie Belle trotted in the room. Button’s eyes lit up despite his weakened appearance. In a flash, she ran over to comfort him with a hug tight enough to rival that of a boa constrictor.

Button looked panicked, “Sweetie don’t touch me, I don’t want to get my best friend sick.”

Sweetie released him from her grip, cheeks growing warm. “Don’t worry, Button I had the Pony Pox when I was two, so I can’t get them again.”

Love Tap giggled, sidling out of the room.

Button sighed in what sounded like relief, “What are you doing here, Sweetie?”

Sweetie pulled out a stack of their overly boring math papers, setting them on the bedstand. “ I came to drop off some homework, then I’m back on the road. I’m headed for the gaming convention. It’s going to be so much fun.” It was all she could do to hide the squeals of excitement from bursting out.

“Oh,, okay.” Button’s face fell as he stared hard at his quilt.

Sweetie frowned, leaning in closer,. “What’s wrong Button is it the math? It’s just fractions, it’s easy.”

Button rolled his eyes, “I will have you know that eleven out of ten ponies have problems with fractions”

Sweetie giggled. “You’re one of them”

“Anyway it’s not the math that’s making me sad, it’s the fact that I won’t get to go to the gaming convention. Plus my mom has a lot of work to do, so I’m just going to be alone all day.” He bit his lip, looking close to tears.

A sudden revelation came upon her. It was so simple, why had she not thought of it sooner? “Hey button can I use your phone for a sec?”

Button nodded, watching her as she left the room. In a flash, she made the call, trotting back up the stairs as fast as her hooves could carry her. She beamed at her friend, “I called a Rarity and she said I could stay here and take care of you.”

Button looked astounded, “But, you’ll miss the convention.”

Sweetie continued in her most serious tone, “I would rather help my best friend get better.” She walked over to him, giving him a tight hug. “Now let’s get started.”

Comments ( 13 )

Cute story so far..
Hope you update soon!

5697008

Glad you like it :twilightsmile: . I hope to have the next chapter done soon.

“I called a Rarity and she said I could stay here and take care of you.”

Sweetie Belle, we've talked about this! You need to call your Rarity, not just some random Rarity!

All kidding aside, this is adorable so have a fave and a like! :pinkiehappy:

5701851
Multiple Raritys Is quite a Rarity
And i wonder why i have no friends
Puns aside thanks for the like and fav it means so much

5700753
thanks I am on a mission to make everything Kawaii :rainbowkiss:

nice story hope you make next chapter

Adawesoble. The perfect combination between Adorable and Awesome.

Gr8 m8 please w8 i would r8 this 0V3R 9000 out of 9+10=21 yet my n8ive name is Jerf

Comment posted by PhoenixBlaz3 deleted Jun 2nd, 2015

In light of episode 100: yeah, "BEST FRIEND"*wink*

Login or register to comment