• Published 3rd Mar 2015
  • 8,274 Views, 323 Comments

Metroid, Displaced in Equestria - Theyellowninja13



A Metroid fan gets sent to Equestria with a full powered Varia Suit.

  • ...
65
 323
 8,274

Chapter 13 - The Chozo

I talked a bit with Samus Aran, would apparently is also in my mind, and just now had the power to manifest himself as a voice in my mind. It also explained the reason why I acted almost like an expert in the power suit. After a while, I decided it was time to wake up.


“Is he going to be alright?” I heard a voice say as I slowly started waking up.

“I don’t know. If any pony were to receive these injuries, they might not wake for weeks. But we know nothing of a creature like this. It’s blood contains not only primate DNA, but also avian DNA, and some kind of parasite DNA. Not to mention the strange blue liquid contained within it’s body. It might not wake for months, or even…” I quickly shot up in the bed, staring at the seven ponies in front of me. “Right now.” The doctor said softly.

“Sam!” I was suddenly tackled by a pink blur, that somehow slowed down right before it hit me, not causing me any harm. When I finally realized it was Pinkie, I grabbed her, and pulled her off my body.

“What happened?” I asked, setting Pinkie Pie back on the ground. The ponies all looked nervous, rubbing their hooves, and averting eye contact. ‘Some things just don’t change between species.’

Finally, Twilight decided to speak. “After you came back to the library, you tried to cure Spike, but when you found out that you were too late, you let out a large cry. Apparently, Luna heard this cry, and burst into the library, and noticed that you were kneeling over Spike’s…” She sniffed, tears about to fall again. Twilight was comforted by her friends. “b-body. She immediately thought that you killed him.”

“I don’t get it though, why would the princess do such a thing?” Applejack asked.

“Because she’s xenophobic.” The ponies that understood what that meant, flinched back, as if expecting me to be smited.

“What’s zenifobic?” Pinkie Pie asked, noticing that some of the ponies reacted to that word.

“‘Xenophobia’ is the fear of aliens.” I said with a small chuckle at the fact that Pinkie Pie mispronounced it.

“I’m sure that the princess doesn’t hate you.” Twilight said, nervously.

“She tries to find any excuse to hurt me. She automatically assumes that I’m an invader. Attacks me when I save her. She never tries to get all the facts, she just attacks.” Rhymes. “She thought I was attacking Ponyville, when there was clearly a mutated pony nearby that’s shooting explosions at me. Speaking of which, what happened to the rest of the X parasites?”

“The princesses managed to copy that beam you used against them, and were able to track them all down. By the way, the doctor mentioned you have some sort of strange liquid in your body. He took a sample of it, and the doctors said they couldn’t even remotely figure out what it was.” When Twilight said this, I shot up from my sitting position.

“You have to destroy it.” I said in a serious tone. Twilight’s head tilted, telling me that she didn’t understand.

“Why? You act like it’s a dangerous chemical that can destroy entire civilizations.” She said with a small laugh. I instantly stopped her laugh with my glare.

“Because that’s what it is. It’s called Phazon.” Twilight’s face suddenly paled. “And yes, I am talking about the stuff I told Celestia. You see this?” I pointed to a vine on my face that I noticed earlier. “That is the effect of Phazon poisoning on my body. I’m 50% corrupted, and I’m having trouble keeping myself in control. If ponies get mutated like that, this world might be destroyed.”

“What do you mean, 50% corrupted?” I heard Fluttershy ask. I looked to her, noticing that it must have taken a lot of courage for her to ask.

“It means that whenever I use hypermode, my body starts getting more affected by Phazon. I don’t want to know what would happen if I become too much corrupted.” I shivered in fear.

Before anyone could say anything else, the door opened, and both princesses walked in. I noticed Celestia had a worried look on her face, but Luna was clearly trying to kill me just by looking at me. “Are you okay Sam?” Celestia asked.

I gave a small smile. “I’ve been through worse.” Images of me on various planets went through my mind. ‘That was me, not you.’

“That’s good to see.” Celestia said, snapping me out of my thoughts. “But I think Princess Luna owes you an apology.” Celestia nudged Luna forth, Luna visibly looking angry.

“I’m sorry for rightly attacking you, alien.” I rolled my eyes at her ‘sincerity.’ Celestia apparently didn’t notice this, and gave a small smile, thinking we’re getting along.

“I accept your apology, winged unicorn.” The element bearers all gasped. “What? If she wants to give me a nickname based off of what I apparently am, I think she would want one too.” I said with a shrug and a small smile. I noticed Luna was seething.

“We are not a ‘winged unicorn,’ we are a noble alicorn princess and demand to be treated as such.” Luna stomped her hoof, trying to get the point across that she despises me.

“And I am not an ‘alien,’ I am a human, and as soon as you address me by that, I’ll address you by your race. If you address me by my name, then I will address you by your title.” I noticed Luna’s pupils change size, and I quickly rolled off the bed, landing on my feet, as Luna jumped on the bed, her horn piercing where my heart was a second ago.

The element bearers yelled in shock, as Celestia tried to stop Luna. I didn’t activate my power suit, wanting to resolve this peacefully. “Why do you hate me so much? Did an alien kill your parents? Or were all Equestrians this racist a thousand years ago?” Luna jumped at me again, and I let her tackle me, pinning me to the floor as she charged up her horn.

“We hate thou because thou is an alien invader! Thou wants to summon warships to our peaceful planet! We know thou plan alien!” ‘Is she foaming at the mouth?’ Right before she fired her spell, I quickly summoned my pistol to my hands (it works like the power suit, just concentrate to have it appear.) and pointed it at a hook on a wall, before activating it’s grappling feature, pulling me out from Luna using cartoon physics.

When she charged again, Samus took over, and I flipped over her, landing on the ground, before lightly pushing against an open window, pushing it open all the way, before jumping out. I quickly reactivated my power suit, before grabbing the flat wall, and jumping up. ‘If Megaman can do it, so should we.’

As I quickly jumped up the wall, much to the shock of the ponies in the rooms, I heard a loud screech, as Luna flew out of the window, looking at me with absolute hatred in her eyes. I quickly reached the roof, landing with a quick slide, before dashing over to the other side. ‘This hospital reminds me of the ones on Earth, except with a lot more concrete.’ I shook my head, temporarily getting rid of the other personality in my head. ‘Gotta focus.’

Right before I reached the other side, a bright flash appeared over the edge, and I could see Luna, staring at me with a glare that would petrify a normal person. Not stopping, I jumped, activating both high-jump, and space jump, allowing me to completely jump over Luna’s head, and start falling. ‘I’m in Canterlot.’ I quickly used my grapple beam to grab onto a protruding piece of metal sticking off of a building.

Once I got a hold of it, I swung forward, before making a complete 90 degree turn, and leaping onto a smaller building. I ran forward, jumping from building to building, avoiding Luna’s blasts of magic. After about a minute, by visor detected something.

High amounts of solar magic present.

‘Celestia.’ I quickly went into my morph ball mode, rolling out of a telekinetic grab, before rolling off the edge of a building. I unfurled, noticing I just fell off the edge of Canterlot, and am now falling down into a forest that is still quite a ways down. After falling for around a minute, I quickly activated my space jump, jumping right before I hit the ground, negating all damage from the fall. When I finally touched ground, I started running, activating my speed booster and weaving in between the trees, heading in the direction of Ponyville, so I can get to my ship.


“Curses! We almost had the alien!” Luna turned around to face her older sister. “We would have had that murdering alien if you didn’t stop us!”

“Luna, why do you hate Sam so much? He saved the life of a filly that we put in danger.” Celestia started.

“It probably lied. No alien like that would tell the truth. It just wants more of our ponies for it’s race to eat and torture.” Luna replied.

“He saved all of us from the Space Pirates.” Celestia continued.

It summoned them here! It was all a ruse so we would trust it!” Luna said angrily.

“He saved the element of kindness.” Celestia was starting to get angry.

“Of course it didn’t! It was a lie!”

“He stopped most of the X-parasites!”

“No it didn’t! I developed the cure beam!” Luna lied, knowing that Celestia wasn’t there, so she said that she figured out the magic to destroy the X-parasites without harming the host. “Why do you believe the alien! Why can’t you see how much of a monster it is!”

“Why can’t you see Luna! He grieved over Spike’s body because he regretted not being able to save him! If you didn’t attack him, he could have saved Spike!” Celestia yelled, not caring that the mane six were watching this verbal fight from a distance.

“Princesses! Please calm down!” Twilight said, hoping to get the two princesses to stop fighting. When the princesses both calmed down, they looked at Twilight, who took a deep breath, glad that they didn’t continue fighting. “Princess Luna, we have no proof that he is what you say he is. And to be fair, you have attacked him about every time you’ve seen him.”

“You all believe the alien’s lies?” The ponies all hesitantly nodded. “Fine! But don’t come crying to me when you see how much of a monster it is.” Luna’s horn lit up, and she teleported back to the castle.

Celestia sighed, before turning to face the mane six. “Thank you Twilight for intervening.” Celestia then walked over to the edge of the building, not seeing Sam anywhere. “I hope he’s alright.”

“Where do you think he went?” Twilight asked.

Celestia was about to respond when Pinkie spoke up. “OOO! I know! I know!” Pinkie was suddenly on the edge of the building, pointing to the sky above Ponyville. “He would go to Ponyville! Not only is there an alien ship above it, but his own ship is there!”

The gathered ponies all looked at the sky above Ponyville, to notice single ship was entering the atmosphere above Ponyville. “Princess, do you think that it is another Space Pirate ship?” Twilight asked, concerned.

“It might. But it doesn’t look the same.” Celestia responded. “The Space Pirates ships looked like they were made in a scrapyard, but this looks like it’s based off of an avian.”

“Avian means bird right?” Rainbow Dash asked, and everyone looked at her, surprised. “What? I learned a few things about birds in flight school.” She said with a shrug.

“Yes it does Rainbow Dash, and I imagine, friend or foe, that Sam will be there.” Celestia teleported them back to the castle, before getting a chariot due to the fact that Celestia couldn’t teleport as far as Ponyville.


As I finally left the forest, I saw Ponyville in the distance. But what concerned me more was the giant ship appearing in orbit above the town. ‘More aliens? Are they Space Pirates?’ ‘No you idiot, those are Chozo ships!’ I rolled my eyes, being back in control of my body for several minutes already. ‘Aren’t the Chozo dead?’ ‘They were thought to be. They could have escaped Tallon IV before the Phazon was sent there.’ ‘Or Zebes before Mother Brain.’

As I started running again, activating my speed booster and running as fast as I could to Ponyville, one to protect the town incase they’re evil aliens, and two to restore my energy, as I only have 3 energy tanks left. ‘If they are Chozo, you think that there are any you know? Or any that know you?’ ‘They all should know me, but there might not be any I know.’ ‘You think Old Bird might be there?' ‘...I don’t know.... But I hope.’

After a few more minutes, we arrived in Ponyville, and got to the certain of town right as the ship landed there. I let Samus take over temporarily due to the fact that he has the skills, and we have very little health left. A few seconds later, the hatch on the ship opened up, and a few bipedal creatures walked out.

When the dramatic smoke effect cleared, I could easily see the creatures that landed their ship in Ponyville. “Chozo.” We both muttered to ourselves in disbelief, as the bird-like aliens walked forward, noticing us.

“Hatchling, it is good to see you again.” A voice spoke that I recognized.

“Old Bird?” I spoke with slight hesitation, and with tears forming in my eyes.

“Yes, it is me hatchling. It is good to see you again.” Old Bird motions for a hug, which I return, tears already falling at the reunion.

“I thought the Chozo went extinct. How did you survive what happened on Zebes?” I deactivated my helmet, showing my tear-soaked face to my foster father.

“We managed to escape the Space Pirates in time. We went into hiding for several cycles before we noticed something seriously wrong with you hatchling. There was some sort of universal anomaly right where you were at. Do you know what happened?” Old Bird asked concerned.

I sighed, deciding to tell him the truth. “I think I know what happened. I somehow merged with another universe’s counterpart of me. We’ve been in the same body for a while now. He said that he was on a less advanced version of Earth, and went to a convention dressed up as another version of me that was female, and bought an object from a merchant, and got sent from his universe into my body, which was teleported into one the house of one of the natives.”

“We haven’t figured that part out yet.” Sam said after I finished talking. ‘Mind if I introduce myself?’ ‘Fine, go ahead.’ “Sorry, my name is Samuel Aran. I’m from the alternate universe.”

“Fascinating. It seems like your spirits have merged, and your body is hosting two minds. Who usually controls the body?” Old Bird asked.

“We keep on switching. Samus seems slightly annoyed at the company, but he knows that what happened was out of my control. He usually is the one that fights, and does the important stuff due to having the training and the skills. But I’m the one that usually interacts with people due to my past. I think he’s glad that I know stuff about this universe though.” ‘Better than you knowing nothing.’

Before he could respond, two chariots landed nearby, and the elements of harmony and Princess Celestia all exited out, looking at the Chozo with hesitant eyes. Old Bird noticed the slightly concerned look I gave them, and spoke up. “Friends of yours?”

“I might consider them friends. Not sure about Samus though.” ‘More friends means more people to protect, and more ways to hurt me. I don’t need friends.’ ‘What about Adam Malkovich?’ ‘...Screw you.’ ‘And let’s not forget about the Super Met...’ ‘Finish that sentence and I will end you.’ ‘Fine. Sorry about that though, must have been hard.’ ‘It was. Saved my life twice.’

Celestia walked over to us, and I could tell she was preparing for a fight. “Calm down Celestia. These are the Chozo, they’re the race that raised me when Ridley killed my home colony. They’re a peaceful race.”

At that, Celestia calmed down, before introducing herself. “My apologizes. I am Princess Celestia, diarch of Equestria. We were recently attacked by two different alien races, so please excuse some of my subjects skepticism in a peaceful alien race.”

“I am Old Bird, one of the last of the Chozo. It is an honor to make your acquaintance. But may I ask what aliens attacked this planet?” Old Bird said with a bow.

“The first time they were Space Pirates. The second they were a race of floating blobs called the X-Parasites.” Celestia recalled, not knowing about the Chozo’s history with X-Parasites.

When Old Bird heard the word ‘X-Parasites,’ he froze up. “How can that be? We made the metroids specifically to stop the X-parasites.”

“Yeah, about that…” ‘Hey, can’t blame me, you went to SR388. You could have declined that mission.’ “I was sent on a mission to exterminate the Metroids on SR388.” Old Bird’s face fell even more. “We didn’t know about the X-Parasites until it was too late, and I was infected. They gave me the DNA of a metroid that imprinted on me to repel the parasite.” ‘...’

“So does the Metroid DNA have anything to do with the tendril across your face.” ‘Are you going to tell him?’ ‘I have to. It obviously isn’t a part of a Metroid.’ ‘Good luck.’

“No… that is because I’m affected by Phazon.” I didn’t think it was even more possible for Old Bird’s face to fall any more. “I had to use an upgrade for my power suit to save a young filly’s life. It seems whenever I use it, I increase my corruption. I’m at 50% corruption.” I looked down, ashamed at the fact that I’m making the very thing that wiped out the Chozo on Tallon IV.

I waited, clenching my fists, expecting to be killed or something so Phazon can’t spread anymore. I flinched when I felt something touch my armored shoulder. I looked up to see the face of my foster father, who also had a look of worry on his face. “Don’t worry Hatchling. We can try to find a cure for you.” He gestured for me to come into the ship. “Can you please come into the ship? I’ll lead you to the medical bay.” I nodded, following him into the ship. I spared a quick glance at Celestia, who was watching me carefully, as she talked to the other ponies.

We walked for a few more minutes, before I heard a sound I haven’t heard in a while. I quickly tensed, activating my helmet, and bringing my arm cannon up and turning on my x-ray visor. When I noticed nothing happened, I heard a faint laughing sound. ‘You seriously heard that?! How did you know what that sound meant?!’ ‘I don’t know. I hear all kinds of sounds and music while doing stuff. But how did you play that?’ ‘I activated it from my memories. Do you remember this?’ I shivered when I heard the sound. ‘SA-X.’ ‘Those things were creepy in the game, I can’t even imagine how creepy they would have been in real life.’

Old Bird stopped, before opening a door that led to a room with medical equipment. ‘They really like trees.’ I just nodded, noticing how the room on the ship looked like something I would expect on Tallon IV, even with walls that look like they are parts of trees.


With a quick flash, I teleported onto the alien invaders’ ship. I quickly looked around, not seeing any guards. I let loose a small smile, as I ran through the ship, before finding the room with the most energy in it.

I entered the room, noticing how it must be the power central for the warship. After making sure that there were no guards in the room, I quickly charged up my horn, before firing a powerful blast of magic at the power core, causing it to start to overheat and blow up.

I quickly teleported back to Canterlot, watching the ship blow up from my balcony. “That’s why you don’t try to invade Equestria, aliens.”


As Old Bird was using a device to scan me, a loud alarm went off, and red lights started flashing everywhere. “Engine overloading. Self destruction imminent.” I noticed Old Bird looking confused for a brief second, before he quickly started pressing buttons, freeing me from the device, and trying to figure out what happened.

“Something sabotaged the engine room. The ship is going to blow up!” Old Bird started pushing me through the door, and we started running to the exit. I activated my power suit to protect me, and noticed the countdown timer on my visor.

Seeing as we had a few seconds left, I grabbed Old Bird, somehow managing to hold him on my back. I activated the speed booster, running at the fastest speed I could. ‘We’re not going to make it!’ ‘Yes we are!’ I suddenly felt Sam take partial control, and making us run through the walls while constantly moving faster. ‘What?’ ‘Gamer’s instinct. It felt like the walls might be made of the material that breaks when using the speed booster.’

We ran through a final wall, right as the ship blew up. The explosion pushed us forward, before we landed on the ground, managing to stop our forward momentum. We quickly turned around, and put Old Bird back down, before watching the ship blow up.

The explosion was powerful enough it destroyed most of the ship. But it was also controlled enough to not damage anything nearby. After making sure that no one else was harmed, I quickly turned around, and checked on Old Bird.

I grimaced at the sight of what happened to my foster father. His skin and feathers were burnt, he had a few pieces of debris in him, and he already had a pool of blood forming underneath him. “No.” I crouched down, using my scan visor to try and figure out a way to save him.

I barely heard the faint sound of ponies approaching me from behind. “Hatchling...d-do not seek re-revenge for me.” I heard him faintly say. I deactivated my helmet when I realized I couldn’t save him.

“Don’t die on me Old Bird. Please don’t die on me. I lost you once, I can’t lose you again.” Tears were streaming down my face at this point. I stood there, holding Old Bird’s lifeless body for several more minutes. ‘We should try to figure out how this happened.’ I heard Sam say.

Agreeing, I stood up, and pushed myself past the ponies, before walking over to the debris. I climbed on top of the debris, before using my various visors to scan the wreckage. Eventually, I picked up a piece of the ship, noticing a familiar energy on it.

I threw it at the ground near Celestia’s feet, before walking over to her and the other ponies. “Tell me princess. Can you tell whose energy is on this piece of metal?” I noticed Celestia’s horn glowing, before her eyes widened.

“Sam… I’m sorry. But please don’t do anything drastic.” Celestia said, trying to calm me.

“Oh… I won’t. I’ll just give the same treatment to Luna that she gave to my foster father.” Celestia’s eyes widened as I started to summon my ship. “She committed xenocide. She killed the last of the Chozo. She can insult and attack me as much as she wants, but she destroyed on of the most peaceful species in the universe. I will make sure she realized what she did.” By this time, my ship arrived, and landed on the ground.

I started walking over to my ship, before Celestia teleported in front of me. “Please don’t do this Sam! Luna didn’t mean it!” I was about to push her out of the way, before I felt a sharp pain in my head.

“Of course she meant it! She has been nothing but racist to me this entire time! Now she committed xenocide! She deserves to die!” I felt the pain in my head worsen.

“NO! You will not kill her!” Sam said. The ponies started looking confused as we started fighting for control.

“LET ME GET MY REVENGE!”

“NO! What would Old Bird say if he saw what you are trying to do?!”

“OLD BIRD’S DEAD!”

“I’m sorry. but I have to do this.” I watched as my arm cannon started to rise, and all of the power suit’s energy started to go into the arm cannon.

“NO!” I tried to force the arm cannon down, but it only stopped when it pointed straight up to the sky. It started glowing, and the tip of it came off, and started floating around the arm cannon. “NO! I MUST HAVE REVENGE!”

“OVER MY DEAD BODY!” The arm cannon fired the zero laser into the sky, and kept firing until all the energy in the suit was depleted. When the beam stopped, the power suit faded, and we fell to our knees. “No…more...revenge.”


I walked past the guards protecting the doors deep within the mountain. As I kept walking down the hallway that not even my sister knows about, I was thinking about the recent alien invasion. ‘That large beam was probably for the alien to summon more allies to take over our planet. Well, I won’t let it.’

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I passed by one final door, and entered the room. I looked at the large vat containing the creature that attacked Canterlot the other day. “You and your minions are clearly heroes if you fight that alien menace.” I handed one of the scientists the vial of the blue liquid in the alien's body. “And with that mutagenic gift combined with the other heroic alien species, you will be even stronger and can help me save Equestria from that alien.”

Author's Note:

Well, I'm finally finished with this chapter. While I haven't already wrote the other chapters, I have made an outline for the next chapters. I have the plan for all the chapters till the end of this story. Although the other chapters won't really have a main story, just small story arcs. Also, sorry about the confusion about the two voices in Sam's head. I decided to add the conflict inside his head to the story. Basically, this is Samuel Aran, the human who was displaced and and this is Samus Aran, the bounty hunter. I thought that it would be weird for Sam to suddenly know how to use the power suit perfectly, so Samus (that universe's male one) is there to help him with the fighting.