• Published 3rd Mar 2015
  • 8,273 Views, 323 Comments

Metroid, Displaced in Equestria - Theyellowninja13



A Metroid fan gets sent to Equestria with a full powered Varia Suit.

  • ...
65
 323
 8,273

Chapter 9 - First Mission

As I flew to Canterlot in my ship, I managed to find a way to get to the gardens to land without being seen. I first went high up in the atmosphere, then I flew fast and quick across the sky, before descending and going around the giant mountain Canterlot is on, and then landing on the garden that is on the opposite side of the castle, compared to the rest of Canterlot.

Once I landed, I made sure my helmet was back on, before leaving my ship, with the always satisfying sound that the games played when I saved in the Metroid Prime games. I noticed Celestia was already waiting for me, with some guards, but Luna was nowhere to be found. I walked up to Celestia.

“Hello again Sam.” Celestia started. I just nodded. “We’ve gotten reports that a griffon leader is preparing to wage war on Equestria. He thinks that Equestria is weak due to the fact that we were overtaken by invaders. If he successfully wages war, we will be thrown into a world war. Countless ponies will die.” She hands me a folder with information in it. I scan the folder, instantly downloading all the information, and handed it back. “Do you think you can take care of it?”

“Depends. Do you want me to kill? Or go non-lethal?” I asked, and the guards flinched, not expecting me to be so careless about killing. In truth, I’m as surprised that it doesn’t seem to bother me.

“If he survives, he’ll still try to attack Equestria.” Celestia took a deep breath. “I need you to kill him.” I nod. “And if you can do anything that will hinder their troops, incase someone else takes his place.”

“Anything else?”

“That should be all. Can you do it Sam?”

“Yes I can.” I walk back to my ship, before stopping for a second, and turning my head. “And call me Samus.” I guess I could use Samus as my codename. I teleported into my ship, and took off, heading to the Griffon Kingdom.

After flying for an hour, I arrived near my destination, and it was dark, so I had the element of surprise. I landed on the edge of the Griffon’s, who apparently is named Griffon, castle. When I left my ship, I commanded it to fly off to a safe area. I started walking forward, sticking to the shadows, as to not be noticed. After a minute of running in the shadows, I finally got close enough to the castle, to have a chance of entering it.

I stood in a dark alleyway, analyzing the area. ‘I could try the front entrance, but the guards would notice me, and probably set off an alarm.’ I open up the map of the area on my HUD. ‘It looks like there is a small side entrance on the right of the castle. Let’s see how that area looks.’ I start to make my way to the side entrance.

Once I got there, I noticed that it was conveniently right behind a dumpster. I scanned the dumpster, to surprisingly find that it was made of talloric alloy. I gave a small smirk, and turned into a morph ball, and dropped a bomb, destroying the dumpster. I quickly rolled into the small hole, before any guards came by.

After rolling through the hole for a while, I luckily exited on top of some kind of small catwalk, above a room full of guards and civilians. I slowly made my way across, heading to some kind of door on the other side that would take me closer to Griffon.

I used my thermal-visor, to see that there were three guards in the next room, and one of them was close to something that works like an alarm bell. I quickly opened the door, and fired a quick three blasts from my nova beam at the griffon near the alarm, quickly disintegrating the griffon.

Before the other two could realize what happened, they were already disintegrated. I quickly looked around for anymore I missed, and when I didn’t see any, I ran over to the next door I needed to go through.

My thermal-visor told me that it was a hallway, leading to the room with Griffon. I noticed the alarm on the far side of the room, and took several steps back, before running forward, blasting open the door, and plowing through all the guards, instantly killing them, as I used my speed booster.

By the time I killed the last guard in the room, I realized I was too slow, because one guard activated an alarm, causing flashing lights to go off. ‘Red. It’s always red lights.’ I burst through the door, entering the room with Griffon.

I immediately noticed the four guards pointing their spears at me, and slowly closing in, thinking I couldn’t escape, due to no room to move. Griffon got off of his chair, before walking over to me, examining me. “Are you the intruder who was attacking my guards? You don’t look so tough lass.” I smirked under my helmet, as I realized the disguise program works.

I should elaborate. Earlier on the way here, I found out that I can change the look of my suit, to look like the different versions of the power suit Samus has used. While I usually use my default one, that looks like a male version of the power suit, I found that changing my outside look, doesn’t change the inside appearance. I could make my suit look like Samus’s suit from Super Smash Bros Universe (which also makes me look female), but the inside of the suit looks the same. I decided to use this, to throw off my opponents, similar to the way Samus did it by looking male.

“Now, I wonder why you would decide to attack me? Could it be that Celestia decided to buy some outside help? Too weak to fight her own fights?” Griffon taunted. “Now I can see that you are a talented individual, since you were able to get past an entire room of my guards. So I’ll make you a deal; I pay you double what Celestia is paying if you can weaken her guards. Her guards need to be weakened, so she will still be weak when I attack, because she is a weak leader.”

‘That didn’t make that much sense. But what is Celestia paying me? Screw it, I already have a mission.’ “No.” Clearly I caught him by surprise, as he either didn’t expect me to speak, or for me to deny, even when it seems like I’m trapped.

“Are you really denying such an offer? Even when your life is at stake?!” He asked. I just smiled under my HUD.

“Who said my life is at stake?” Before he could realize what I meant, I quickly turned into my morph ball mode, dropped a power bomb, and rolled forward, before standing back up, and grabbing Griffon before the bomb went off, shielding him from the blast.

A few seconds passed, before Griffon realized what just happened. He looked past my sides, to see the ashes of his guards on the ground, before looking at my visor, fear in his eyes. I just stood up, pointing my arm cannon at him, charging up a nova beam. “Who are you?”

“Samus Aran.” I said, before I fired, completely disintegrating Griffon. I heard the door behind me open, as several heavily armed guards came into the room, all looking at me. “There’s the intruder! Get them!”

I quickly jumped over Griffon’s desk, before running straight through the window, and falling down the vertical side of the building.


“Did you see that sir? It just jumped out the window!” One of the privates said as they walked to the window where Sam jumped out.

“Well, looks like our job is done. No way a creature who can’t fly could survive that fall.” The captain said, turning around.

“Sir, you better come see this.” The private said, looking out the shattered window.

When the captain walked over, his beak fell as he saw Sam quickly run down the side of the building, using the speed booster to do so. “Impossible. Bring in the big guns. I want that creature mounted on my fireplace!”


After I reached the bottom of the building, I kept on running forward, heading to the edge of town to get back in my ship and escape. After running for a few more seconds, I was suddenly hit in the back, causing me to stumble, and lose my speed for my speed booster. I quickly recovered before I could fall, and I looked around, noticing that I was already surrounded in the fraction of a second I was stopped.

As I analyzed these guards, I quickly realized that most of my normal attacks wouldn’t work on them. They all had ranged weapons readied, and melee weapons by their sides. They were also all wearing armor, that my scan visor told me would block most of my beams.

‘Which beam to use then? Power, ice, plasma, wave, light, dark, and nova are all out. I could try the annihilator, but then they would start to attack, and I would be in danger as I wouldn’t be able to kill them all before they kill me. Missiles are too slow, and have a similar problem. Power bomb won’t work unless they are all nearby. Hyper beam still wouldn’t let me kill them all quickly. Zero laser is too dangerous, as I would lose my suit, and if they’re are more guards, I would be screwed. I guess I only have one option.’ I sigh, before activating hypermode.

My body instantly started glowing blue, and before any of the guards could do anything, I was killing several of them, using a charged hyper beam attack. I felt the power surging through me, and while it felt wrong, it also felt right. I was about to have fully vented my energy tank, when I suddenly was put into corrupted hypermode. I quickly utilized this, and was able to quickly defeat the rest of the guards, venting out the rest of the energy at the same time.

I quickly started running again, and this time, I made it to the edge of town, summoning my ship, and entering it before flying back to Canterlot before I could get attacked. I was about to sit down, but before I could, I dropped to the floor, deactivated my helmet, and started to puke blue stuff.

A minute later, I was done puking, and I sat down in my chair. “Are you okay Samus? I detect a high amount of Phazon in the puddle of puke you vomited up.”

“I don’t know Adam. I don’t know.” As I said this, I was looking at the results of a scan of me, noticing something that put some fear into my heart.

Phazon Corruption: 25%

Author's Note:

Another chapter done! What will Sam do, now that he knows about the Phazon corruption in his system? Why am I asking you this question? I'm the writer.