• Published 3rd Mar 2015
  • 8,273 Views, 323 Comments

Metroid, Displaced in Equestria - Theyellowninja13



A Metroid fan gets sent to Equestria with a full powered Varia Suit.

  • ...
65
 323
 8,273

Chapter 4 - Repercussions

We all looked over to see a young filly screaming. I looked up just a bit more to notice that one of the missed spells by the two ponies struck near the filly, whose leg is now trapped by fallen stones, and she’s about to get squashed by a big rock that’s almost going to fall off of it’s place on a wall of a building.

I gave out a loud yell of anger, as I felt a new power surging through me. I barely noticed the blue sparks coming off of me, as I started to feel stronger, better, quicker. I immediately pushed the two ponies off of me, before rushing over to the filly faster than I could have done before. Once I got there, I shielded the filly with my body, right before the debris fell.

Once the debris hit me, I noticed my energy go down by almost a full bar. Once it was safe again, I stood back up, before noticing something I missed. A shard from the debris fell right where the filly’s trapped leg is, almost completely cutting through the leg. I quickly removed the rubble covering her leg, before picking her up, being careful about the leg.

Once she was safe in my arms, I looked over to the confused big ponies before yelling at them. “We need a doctor!” They just looked confused again. “NOW!” While they went over to get a doctor, I walked over to the middle of the street, before putting her down. I barely noticed all the ponies around me, watching to see what I would do.

Knowing that I couldn’t close up the wound by cauterizing it, I did the next best thing I could do. Giving the filly energy. I put my open hand on her chest, calming her down with words, as I started pumping my energy into her to keep her alive. I did this until the doctors showed up with the two big ponies, and picked her up with magic, before carrying her away to the hospital, or whatever they have here.

I turned to face the two big ponies with an angry glare on my face. “Do you understand what you have done?” I said in a soft tone that put fear into all the ponies. “You could have just ruined that little filly’s life.” The two ponies just looked confused at this. “You must not have been paying attention then. If you were paying attention to the battlefield as well as the battle, you would have noticed that a spell you missed hit near that filly, trapping her, and making the structure around her weak.” After I said this, the big white pony had a sudden look of realization, before her eyes started filling with sorrow. The blue pony on the other hand.

“How dare you talk to us like that alien! Do you know who we are!” She yelled, stomping her hoof on the ground for extra effect.

“You’re the princesses of this land. I could tell because your crowns were too small to be a queen’s. You want to know how I noticed this? Because I paid attention! If you paid attention at all, you would have noticed that I wasn’t a threat to your ponies at all! You would have known that I arrived in Twilight Sparkle’s house suddenly, so I don’t have an aircraft! You would have known that you almost killed a filly!” I started to slightly calm down, but the blue princess was just starting to get angry.

“Listen alien! You better show us respect or we shall send you to down to Tartarus!” The blue one is starting to speak normally for some reason.

“For what? For acting in self-defense? Just because you two are rulers, doesn’t mean that if you attack me, I won’t attack back.” The blue one looked shock at that, before charging up her horn.

I was about to brace for the attack, when the white one extended her wing, stopping the blue one. “Leave it Luna. It’s in the right. We did attack it first, without any proof saying that it’s an alien invader. And it did save the filly, hurting itself in the process.”

“I’m not an it, I’m a he.” I said, finally calmed down.

“We’re sorry about attacking you unfairly creature. Our student Twilight sent us a letter saying a strange creature clad in armor appeared in her house. And a few minutes later, we got a letter saying that an aircraft of the same color as Twilight described crashed right outside Manehatten.” I had to refrain from smiling at that name.

“It’s okay, I forgive you.” Everyone around us looked shocked at that statement.

“What?” All the ponies asked out loud at the same time.

“You were attacking because you were worried about the ponies. Most humans would have probably done the same. But anyways, my name’s Samuel Aran, but you can just call me Sam.” I stuck my left hand out to shake.

The white one looked at it for a second before shaking it. “My name’s Princess Celestia.”

The blue one clearly looked like she didn’t want to shake hands/hoofs, but a discreet nudge from Princess Celestia’s wings forced her to shake. “Princess Luna.”

“I’m going to go back inside Sugarcube Corner and just sit down. That battle took a lot out of me.” I could see Luna smirked a bit at that, while Celestia looked concerned. I just walked back into Sugarcube Corner, and took a vacant seat. It took only a second, before I was starting to get swarmed by ponies who wanted to know how I fought the princesses like that.

Before I could do anything however, Celestia asked them all to leave me alone for now, and then she sat down on the other seat of the booth. Celestia looked like she wanted to talk, but when Pinkie walked up, and put down a plate of the same-looking cupcake as earlier, I gave her a look.

“Pinkie, I told you earlier, there’s too much sugar in that cupcake for me to eat safely.” Pinkie just gave a big ear to ear smile.

“Silly Sam. This is a different cupcake. I just made it. It has less sugar in it, so hopefully you can eat it. Though I don’t know how you could survive without eating lots of sugar. I know I couldn’t.” Pinkie started laughing a bit, before being dragged away hastily by Twilight’s magic.

Not believing the pink menace, I did a quick scan of the cupcake, and while I was doing this, Celestia was eyeing my visor, looking at the words that come across. Once my visor (surprisingly) revealed that the cupcake was safe for my consumption, I took a deep breath, and deactivated my helmet.

All the ponies watched as my helmet disappeared in a bright light, before revealing my head. They all looked surprised at the appearance of my face, some ponies even passing bags of money over to others. I had a feeling that not only do I have Samus’s armor, abilities, and (slight) knowledge, I probably have a similar appearance to her too.

I took a small bite out of the cupcake, noticing that I had sharper and longer top canines. After swallowing, I devoured the rest quickly. ‘I has been a while since I’ve eaten.’

When I was done, I turned to face Pinkie who was right next to me somehow. “It was good Pinkie. Thank you.” Pinkie literally burst with excitement, before Twilight pulled her away again. I looked over to see all the confetti and papers that said excitement on them that came out of Pinkie.

“So.” I turned to Princess Celestia, who was addressing me. “What exactly are you?”

I gave a small sigh, before looking at my hand. “I don’t know. I think I’m still human.”

Celestia looked confused. “What do you mean, you don’t know? How can you not know your own race?”

“I should start from the beginning. In my universe, I was heading to a convention for video game lovers. I was dressed up as my favorite video game character ever; Samus Aran. So, near the end of the convention, I noticed a shady-looking merchant, who had this very well made object that shows the symbol of the Metroid games, where Samus is from.” As I said this, I pulled out the small circular object. It was a red disk, with a silver ‘S’ on it. The red part of it was surrounded by another silver. “After I bought it, a few minutes later I passed out, and woke up in Twilight Sparkle’s library, wearing this armor, which instead of being the weak costume I originally had, it was a fully powered version of Samus’s own armor, called a power suit. I found out shortly after I had all of Samus’s training in my mind, along with all of the upgrades she’s had throughout the games.”

Celestia took a breath in, trying to figure out all this information. “So, what are all these ‘upgrades’ you mentioned?”

“My armor has it’s morph ball mode, which is where I shrink into a little ball, and I can plant small but powerful bombs while doing this. I can boost and climb certain walls as well in morph ball mode. In my regular mode, I can fire several different kinds of beams.” I held up my arm cannon, and started switching through some of them. “I have my normal power beam, my ice beam, wave beam, plasma beam, nova beam, light beam, dark beam, and other kinds of beams. I can fire a small projectile out of my arm cannon as well, called a missile, that can blow up on contact with an object. I have a grapple beam that allows me to grab and pull objects from a distance, but also I can transfer energy using it. I can double jump, run faster using speed booster, can survive in most environments, stay suspended in air while travelling long distances, and…” I took a deep breath. “I think I can absorb energy without the suit, as well as feast on an extinct alien parasite.” I looked over to see Twilight was furiously taking notes.

“What do you mean? You said that last part like it was a bad thing.” Celestia asked.

“Samus, after a certain incident, was infected with the alien parasite that I mentioned. It takes control over organisms, so Samus’s life was at stake. The doctors tried to save her, and while doing so, found a cure for the virus. Metroid DNA. Metroids are another race of parasites that feast on this kind of parasite called the x-parasite. But previously, Samus was paid to exterminate all the metroids due to them being a dangerous species that absorbs energy from other species, leaving them lifeless husks. They didn’t know about the x-parasite at that time. So one metroid was left, which was a newborn metroid that just imprinted on Samus. Samus sparred it, and brought it to scientists to study for the benefit of humanity. But Samus’s long time rival Ridley stole the baby metroid, and cloned it to make more of the deadly species. Samus followed Ridley, destroying all the metroids, until she came across the baby, who was all big and attacked Samus, not recognizing her. After absorbing most of her energy, the baby metroid realized who she was and flew away, leaving Samus to try to survive with only one bit of energy left. So during the fight with a creature called Mother Brain, who was a leader of a murderous group called the space pirates, Samus almost died, but the baby metroid came back, absorbing energy from Mother Brain, almost killing it, before giving the energy to Samus, fully restoring her and giving her a new attack called the hyper beam, a powerful beam attack. While the metroid was giving Samus energy, Mother Brain killed the baby metroid, leaving only a small amount of skin on Samus, which was found and used as a cure that turned Samus part metroid, allowing her to absorb the x-parasite and use it as health.” I took a deep breath. “So, I’m probably part metroid as well.” I looked around, to see all the ponies were crying, or holding back tears.

I looked at Celestia, who seemed to be shocked at this story. But before I could ask her a question, she beat me to it. “What was that blue thing you did when we had you trapped?”

I was taken back, not remembering exactly what happened. All I could remember was seeing the filly in trouble, and getting angry, before getting a strange burst of power, and saving the filly. Although I do remember a bit of blue sparks or something. It looked similar to… OH CRAP. “I think it was something called Hypermode. I didn’t know I activated it at first. I thought I locked it so I wouldn’t endanger myself using it.” Celestia just looked confused.

“How could it endanger you?” I just sighed before responding.

“Hypermode, utilizes a very dangerous, radioactive, and mutagenic substance called Phazon. Phazon, when in contact with creatures, will mutate and drive the creature crazy. Samus had a few encounters with Phazon, primarily dealing with it on a planet that once had the race that brought up Samus, and the Space Pirates being controlled by another Samus made of Phazon. During a battle with Dark Samus, Samus and 3 other bounty hunters were infected with Phazon in such a way that they all could produce Phazon inside of them. Later, Samus was given an upgrade that allows her to use the Phazon as a weapon. But the longer she had the Phazon in her, the more infected she would become, to the point that she had blue veins across her face. While Hypermode is very useful with the power it gives you, there’s a chance you’ll get trapped in that mode, being overloaded with Phazon, until you become corrupted and become a bad guy, or die. Hopefully, using Hypermode won’t produce Phazon in my body, slowly corrupting me.” I looked down at the table. “I don’t want to die. I’m the last member of my family.” I didn’t notice the look Celestia gave me.

“If you do become ‘corrupted’, we will try everything in our power to free you.” I lifted my head back up, before giving a small smile.

I decided to change the subject. “So, you mentioned an aircraft earlier. I have a feeling that it belongs to me, due to it being Samus’s ship.”

Celestia looked surprised at my mood change. “Yes, I suppose so. I had it moved to Canterlot for study and safe-keeping. But it’s getting late, so I suppose it will have to wait until tomorrow. I’ll send a chariot around 10am to pick you and the elements up.” Celestia turned to face Twilight. “Twilight, do you think you can offer Sam a place to stay for tonight?”

Twilight’s head shot up from her notes fast enough to break the speed of sound. Her eyes sparkled with interest. “I’ll be glad to, Princess! Plus this will give me a chance to study him!” She sounded excited.

“Well, I have to get back to my castle. Sorry again about attacking you Sam, I hope we’ll see you again tomorrow.” Celestia got up, and walked out of the building with Luna, who gave me one last glance, before they got back in their chariot and flew back to their castle. I eventually walked out of the bakery, Twilight in tow.

Once outside, I gestured to Twilight to take the lead, and she did, as we walked back to her house. On the way, Twilight finally decided to start asking questions. She asked questions ranging from why I don’t take off the rest of my power suit, to what I eat (which she kinda regretted asking). By the time we got to her house, she didn’t seem to run out of questions. But it was at this time I realized she lived in a library, inside a tree.

When we went inside, I took a bigger look at the place, noticing that all the books were in the shelves, but they weren’t organized well. I just shrugged before sitting down against a wall, and trying to get comfy.

Twilight stopped asking questions, and looked at me like I was stupid. “You’re not going to sleep in a bed?”

“Nope. My power suit would probably break the bed.” Twilight was about to ask another question. “And no, I will not take off my power suit.” The reasoning I gave her earlier was that I just didn’t trust anyone here yet. Twilight was about to ask again, when I interrupted her. “It’s getting late Twilight, and I’m tired.”

Twilight finally got annoyed enough to disappear upstairs, and then turn off the lights down here. I gave a small smile, before reactivating my helmet, checking over my current health. ‘Only 1 energy tank left.’ I sighed, before closing my eyes, and starting to fall asleep, hoping that the ship would allow me to heal up.

As I fell asleep, the power suit realized this, and adjusted it’s settings to help me sleep. Mainly, turning off the HUD. As the HUD was dimming down, before turning off, a soft blue message appeared on it.

Phazon Corruption: 10%

Author's Note:

Another chapter done. Hope you enjoy this one!