• Published 3rd Mar 2015
  • 8,273 Views, 323 Comments

Metroid, Displaced in Equestria - Theyellowninja13



A Metroid fan gets sent to Equestria with a full powered Varia Suit.

  • ...
65
 323
 8,273

Chapter 5 - Hunter-class Gunship

As I woke up, I could hear some light talking coming from the kitchen. I opened my eyes to see my HUD starting up. I slowly got to my feet, expecting a pain in my back, but surprisingly the power suit was comfy to sleep in. Not as comfy as a bed, but comfy enough to help me sleep.

I walked over to the kitchen, to see Spike and Twilight conversing. Spike was putting plates of food on the table, while Twilight was sitting down. Twilight noticed me first. “Ah Sam, you’re awake.”

I just gave a nod, too tired to speak. Since the chairs were too small to sit in without breaking, I just sat down on the ground, with my upper body above the table as if I were sitting in a chair. How they even sit in chairs, I don’t know, but I was too hungry to think about it.

I looked down at the plate of food that Spike put in front of me. It looked like just regular pancakes, but I scanned them to be sure.

Once making sure that the pancakes were safe to eat, I deactivated my helmet, to the surprise of Spike, and picked up a fork using my only hand, before eating up the pancakes.

While we were eating, Spike decided to speak up. “So, you’re an alien?”

‘Real original Spike.’ Instead of answering I just nodded.

“Can you speak at all?” Spike asked, both of them wondering why I wasn’t speaking.

Instead of speaking out and saying; ‘Yes I can speak Spike.’ I decided to just nodded again, much to the frustration of Spike.

“So, why don’t you speak?” I just shrugged, before finishing up my breakfast. Just in time too, because a knock was heard at the door. I got up, and opened the door to see two guards wearing gold armor. A few seconds after I opened the door, the guards immediately threatened me with their spears.

“Halt creature! What have you done with Twilight Sparkle and the one known as Samus Aran?!” I mentally sigh, as Twilight comes walking up to the door, trying to figure out why there was yelling. It was at this point, I realized what I was just called.

“Why are you pointing spears at my friend?” Twilight asked, a hint of rage in her voice. The guards took notice of this, and lowered the spears.

“We’re sorry. We were told to pick up you and the one known as Samus Aran. We were not told that Samus Aran was a monster.” I didn’t take offense from the insult because I was busy trying to think of why they called me Samus. The only logical reason would be that the Princesses told them that I was called Samus Aran. Maybe they want that to be my codename or something.

“He’s not a monster, he’s a human.” No difference there really. “And I assume that you two are here to take us to Canterlot?” The guards nodded, and walked over to the two chariots.

Twilight’s other friends were all being led to the chariots. While most didn’t have anything with them, Rarity had several large bags of clothes being carried by Sweetie Belle, who was barely visible.

When we all got on the chariots, Twilight, Applejack, Rainbow Dash and I were on one, and the other three were on the other. I watched as Ponyville slowly got smaller and smaller, the closer we got to Canterlot. Twilight at some point, decided to ask me a question.

“What is this aircraft that the Princess is going to give you?” Rainbow Dash’s ears perked up at this, and she was instantly awake, instead of napping.

“I bet it’s like a spaceship that can fire lasers and go anywhere in space!” She said enthusiastically.

“Rainbow! That’s ridiculous. No aircraft could survive in space! The oxygen would run out.” I chuckled a bit at what Twilight was saying.

“Actually, Rainbow Dash is pretty spot on.” Twilight looked at me, unbelievingly. “If it is Samus’s ship, then it would look like my power suit, which is what I’m wearing. It is a spaceship, that travels through space to other planets.”

“I’ll believe it when I see it.” Twilight said, still not believing me. No more questions were asked for the rest of the trip.

When we got to Canterlot, I was only slightly impressed. Sure, It was beautiful, and the only thing that would make it better would be a giant rainbow in the background. But I’ve seen even more beautiful things on Earth, like TV. Or puppies. Or puppies on TV. As we were being led to the castle, I noticed the nobles looking at me, and overheard their insults.

I clenched my left fist, not able to do so with my right one, lest I fire some of my attacks. The ponies around me noticed this, and started to get nervous, fearing that I would attack. We got to the castle gates before too long.

Once we got inside, we were led to what appeared to be a giant open space in a garden full of several different species of plants. But that’s not what everyone had their eyes on. Everyone in the room was looking at the big spaceship, standing in the garden.

The spaceship looked like a combination of all of Samus’s ships. It had the same coloration and the weapons (grapple included) that the ship had in Corruption, with the three jets on the bottom of it like in Metroid Prime. It’s wings were similar to the ones in Fusion, as they were currently the landing gear. I could tell it also had the beam system that allowed Samus to get inside like in Fusion. It’s shape was similar to Samus’s iconic ship. I had to resist screaming in joy at the sight of it.

“That’s supposed to be a spaceship?” Rainbow Dash asked, not believing due to what it looked like. Sure it looked silly, but it has all the features from the games.

“Would you look at the colors of that monstrosity! It’s a crime against fashion!” Rarity said, over-dramatically

“You think everything’s a crime against fashion!” Applejack said irritated. I ignored their arguments, and walked forward to talk to the Princesses.

I noticed the Princesses talking to some scientists, and while Celestia looked calm, Luna looked angry. When they noticed me, Luna decided to talk first.

“You finally arrive, alien.” She said with venom. “We see that you try to keep your dangerous secrets locked up.” Celestia stopped her from saying any more.

“Forgive my sister, Samus.” There it is again. “I was hoping you could tell us about this aircraft?”

“I can try my best.” I take a deep breath. “While I’ve never been in this ship, or seen it with my own eyes before, I am a huge Metroid fan, so I know a few things about the ship. It looks like a combination of all of Samus’s ships throughout the series. It can fire high powered missiles at targets, which can cause a lot of damage. It has a grapple beam, that allows it to pick up heavy items. It could probably go faster than light, and travel in space. It can restock my ammo, and health, and probably provides a home for Samus. It also has strong armor surrounding it, making it hard to destroy. It should have an auto-repair function, that allows it to fix itself. And, I think I can control it from my suit, which would be useful, due to the fact that the ship looks like it’s off.” Luna just seems to be getting even angrier every time I mentioned something. She leaned over to Celestia, and talked in her ear. Too bad for them, I could hear everything they were saying.

“Celestia, we must destroy this before the alien uses it to destroy us. You heard what it said, how powerful it is. Not even our best scientists could get it open.” Luna urged.

“No Luna, Sam could prove to be a useful ally. If we try to destroy him or his ship, he could get angry, and attack us. And judging from what he said yesterday, I think he was holding back yesterday.” Luna didn’t look like she believed that.

“That what he wants us to think! He tried all of his attacks on us yesterday, and they didn’t quite damage us.” I decide to butt into their conversation.

“No, I actually was holding back.” They looked surprised that I could hear them. “Don’t be so surprised I could hear you, you weren’t exactly whispering. But anyways, I was holding back. I figured out why you were attacking me, the second I saw you two. I didn’t want to fight, but you two did, so I tried to stop you without much pain. That’s why I froze you.”

“How dare you listen into our conversation! We are your Princesses!” Luna angrily yelled at me.

“No, you’re not.” I stated. “I’m not exactly a citizen of Equestria, now am I? And I doubt that you would even allow me citizenship, because of how much you love to call me an alien.” Luna was about to respond, when I beat her to it. “Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m gonna figure out how to get in the ship.”

I turned on my command visor, and turned on the ship. When I did so, the ship’s cockpit lit up, and the entire thing started humming with power. My smile was hidden under the helmet, as I walked forward, went underneath the ship, and a flash of light later, I was onboard. I looked around, the grin on my face even wider.

The first thing I check out was the loading HUD screen in the cockpit. I sat down in the seat, finding it perfectly comfortable, as I watched the ship quickly start up the important processes. I deactivated my helmet while waiting, hoping that the ship won't kill me or anything for not being Samus. A minute later, the ship was finished starting up, and a voice spoke out.

“Samus! Good to see that your okay!” The familiar voice rang out. It sounded like Adam Malkovich’s voice, which makes sense, due to Samus having his AI on the ship. “I lost your signal a few days ago, and when I found it on this planet, I was struck with something that turned off the systems. I couldn’t re-activate until you did so.”

Interesting, so he thinks I’m Samus? Does he think I’m female too? Only one way to find out. “Adam, bring up a display of me without the power suit on.” He probably be a bit confused by this, but he did so anyways.

I took a close look at my data, finding out that it indeed says that I’m male, and even providing a background of me, almost identical to Samus’ background. I checked my DNA, noticing that I’m indeed part Chozo and Metroid. I decided to ask another question on my mind. “Adam, what was the last thing I was doing before I arrived on this planet?”

“You were attacking a space pirate colony that held members of a human cargo ship captive. Right as you activated the self-destruct sequence, you disappeared.” That got me thinking, was there a Samus in this universe, and I somehow swapped places with him? While I was thinking, I noticed a flashing file on the screen.

As I leaned in closer to see what it says, I only had one thing on my mind at that time.

“What’s a displaced?”

Author's Note:

Another chapter done!