• Published 3rd Mar 2015
  • 8,273 Views, 323 Comments

Metroid, Displaced in Equestria - Theyellowninja13



A Metroid fan gets sent to Equestria with a full powered Varia Suit.

  • ...
65
 323
 8,273

Chapter 21- It's ENERGY, not magic!

It's been about a year since Discord got stoned, and then a few months later, he was freed, and 'reformed.' I didn't quite buy it, and still don't. And every time I see that monster, he glares back at me, with both anger and fear in his eyes. I know the Cutie Mark Crusaders are also afraid of him. A lot of stuff has happened in the past year though. Twilight became an alicorn, we helped some creatures called Breezies return back to their home, Discord got 'sick,' we met Pinkie Pie's sister (who was very emotional, I caught some scam artists selling scams (forget their names. Something like Scim and Scam), we went to some sort of trading convention (which reminded me a lot of the convention I went to), and the ponies had their olympics (which took place in some kind of kingdom made of crystal, where I had to stop the second return of some dark lord (which I did by reflecting light beams off each crystal, powering them up), and as a hero of the city of whatever, I got to light the torch at the beginning, and the fire works at the end (after destroying a giant spiky ball of ice). But now, Twilight and I were flying to Canterlot, in my ship, because of some important reason.

We quickly landed in the usual spot, and got led to a meeting room. And for the next couple of minutes, were told the story of a guy named Tirek, who was banished to Tartarus a thousand years ago. Then, the princesses said that Discord will be the one to find Tirek and stop him. "You can't be serious! Discord! He's the one person most likely to betray us!"

"Calm down Sam. Discord has no reason to betray us." Celestia tried to reassure me.

"I can think of one! If Tirek convinces Discord to help him, with the reward of being able to create chaos again, Tirek would have the help of a powerful god, who could easily stop all four of you, and steal your magic! And don't tell me Discord won't do that! I've kept a close eye on him since he was 'reformed.' He hates having to be good!" I try to tell the princesses.

"That's not a valid reason." Celestia replied calmly, making me want to slam my head into the table.

"IT'S A PERFECTLY VALID REASON!" I yelled.

"Now Sam. There's no reason to yell. Discord is the most trustworthy of all of us." That time I really did slam my head into the table.

I was about to reply, when I realized nothing I could say would change their minds. "Fine. But don't come crying to me when Discord betrays you." I stood up and walked to the door. I opened the door, and before walking through, turned my head to face Twilight. "Sorry Twilight, but you'll have to find your own way back to Ponyville." I walked out, closing the door, spawning my helmet, punching Blueblood in the face, and walking to my ship.


About a day later, and I was floating high in the atmosphere above the planet, keeping a watch on Ponyville, as I was investigating a high amount of dark magic. It was higher than the regular ponies can use, and much more ancient than regular dark magic. But the strangest thing was that it was on the moon. I was thinking about investigating, but suddenly, the alarms on my ship went off, and I activated the cameras on the ship. I watched as the creature I assume was Tirek absorbed the magic of five of the elements of harmony, while Discord was watching. "Knew it."

Activating my suit, I set the ship to keep floating in the atmosphere, while I stood up, activating my suit, and climbed out the manual top exit. I walked over to the side of my ship overlooking Ponyville, and activated my wings, before performing a dive-bomb on the ugly monkey centaur thing.


Tirek dropped Discord, having fully absorbed the chaos magic. Discord weakly managed to reply to the traitor, who was walking away. "But you said this was a sign of your gratitude and loyalty. A gift from someone close to you."

Tirek quickly replied. "My brother who betrayed me. It is as worthless as he is."

And as Tirek walked away, Applejack spoke out to Discord, while comforting the sobbing Fluttershy. "Surely you saw this comin'."

Discord was about to say something, but noticed out of the corner of his eye, an orange figure falling through the atmosphere. That put a smile on his face, as he struggled to get up. "Tirek!" The monster turned around to face the weakened god. "I may not have seen your betrayal coming, but you didn't see this coming."

Before Tirek could respond, Sam slammed into the Side of Tirek's body, injuring Tirek, and knocking him down. Sam quickly recovered, and jumped back to his feet, before giving off a loud screech at Tirek. When Tirek recovered, he took one look at Sam, before a smile appeared on his face. "Ah, more magic for me to consume. I must thank you for coming to me, so I wouldn't have to seek you out." Tirek fired a shot of magic powerful enough to knock down the princesses for a few minutes. But to everyone's surprise, Sam fired a few shots of energy into it, dispelling the ball of magic like it was nothing. "What! What kind of magic is that?!"

Sam smiled behind his helmet, before charging a powerful hyper beam. "Why don't you try it out, and tell me what you think?" He fired the beam at Tirek, which caused all the ponies (and Discord) to facehoof/paw/claw. Tirek smiled, before opening him mouth, which allowed the full beam to enter his mouth. But to his surprise, when the beam entered his mouth, instead of being able to absorb it, it instead badly burnt the back of his throat.

While Tirek was grabbing his throat in pain, he managed to wheeze out a few words. "What kind of magic is that?"

Sam, who started charging up another hyper beam, replied with a hidden smile. "It's not magic, it's energy. You may be able to absorb magic, but clearly not energy." Sam then fired the charged shot, and several more hyper beams at Tirek. Tirek, who was too big to dodge the fast moving beams at close range, got hit, and took quite a bit of damage, and fell down.

Tirek pushed himself up, before letting out a loud roar, and charging at Sam with new-found speed. But Sam quickly flew into the air, before landing on Tirek's back, and unloaded hyper beam after hyper beam at Tirek's legs. Eventually, he managed to get Sam off, and fired the strongest magic he had at Sam.

Sam, who was too close range to dodge, got hit, and flung back into a wall. When Sam pushed himself off the wall, he cracked his neck. "You want to do it like that? We'll do it like that." Sam activated Phazon mode, the mode he unlocked when he got cured of his Phazon poisoning a year ago, and gained total control of Phazon. Basically, Phazon mode looks like the regular varia suit, but has Phazon blue electricity sparking across it, and Sam's visor turns blue.

Sam quickly flew to Tirek, who thought he won, and was monologuing. Before Tirek could realize his mistake, Sam fired a powerful burst of Phazon combined with the regular hyper beam at Tirek. Tirek, who wasn't able to block or dodge it, got hit (and subsequently corrupted) by the Phazon blast. Tirek quickly recovered, and was about to attack back, when he started puking Phazon. "What the? What is this stuff?!"

Sam quickly landed next to him, before answering. "It's called Phazon. It's a mutagenic poison that drastically changes living organisms. I have total control over all forms of it, and corrupted you with it, to the point where you won't mutate, but will painfully die from it." To emphasize his control, he lifted his left hand, before making a fist, and Tirek screamed in pain, as he felt his body being destroyed from the inside.

"Sam! What are you doing! You can't do that to anypony! Even if they're a monster like Tirek, you can't do that to them!" Twilight yelled. Twilight flew in a few minutes ago, and was trying to help her friends out, and also was watching the battle.

Sam sighed, and unclenched his fist, before pulling his hand back a bit, and making all the Phazon leave Tirek's body, before going back into Sam, who then deactivated Phazon mode. Sam, then quickly got into a fighting pose, as Tirek slowly got up. "You think your tricks will defeat me! I'm Tirek! I TRICKED DISCORD! You're no match against me!"

Tirek fired another powerful blast at Sam, who quickly dodged, before flying into Tirek's side, and slamming his spiky knee into him. Before Tirek could hit him, Sam flew back again, and started chuckling. "Oh, is that all? Let me tell you what I did. I tricked Discord several times, battled on par with both princesses at once, stopped a gigantic brain from controlling/destroying the galaxy twice, wiped out the Metroids, wiped out the X-parasites twice, stopped a planet from being corrupted, stopped a planet from being split into two different sides, stopped several more planets from being corrupted, and killed the same creature over and over again. You got nothing on me." Sam lifted up his arm cannon, putting all of his energy into it. "And I'll show you why." Then, with a loud yell, fired the zero cannon at Tirek, finishing off the monster before he held a pony hostage.

When the light cleared away, Sam (in his zero suit) walked over to Tirek's burnt corpse, and picked up the upgrade dropped by Tirek.

Magic Suit Acquired

'Wait, how did I know I got that, without my suit?' I looked down, and noticed I got the suit back as well. But the strange thing was that the suit looked different. It looked like combination of several different colors just spun around in a circle on my suit. 'Well, that's convenient, and interesting.' Then, I noticed a magic meter filling up on my screen. 'What is this? Legend of Zelda?' The meter also looked like it was from Legend of Zelda too. Then, out of curiosity, I snapped my fingers, and a small spark of orange magic appeared around my fingers. 'Technology is Samus's thing, not magic.' Disliking the suit already, I was about to change back to the normal varia suit, when I realized the ponies still lost their magic. I turned around, and ran over to the five element bearers (Twilight never lost her magic), deciding to lightly touch them, which restored their magic. I let go of the breath I didn't know I was holding. 'Worried I would give them too much magic.' I looked over at Discord, who was lying on the ground, powerless.

I walk over to him, and stood over his body. "So, what are you going to do? Kill me? Because that's what you hero's do right? Kill others." Discord shut his eyes, and I surprised him when I restored his magic as much as I could. Discord pushed himself back up, looking at himself, before snapping his fingers, and making a small pink cloud that rains chocolate. "You gave me back my powers? Why?" He said astounded.

I smirked behind my helmet. "It's no fun killing someone if they don't pose a challenge." I then shrugged. "Plus, I didn't want to have to be the 'God of Chaos' for this place." I dropped my smile. "Now I suggest you get out of here before I kill you." Discord took the hint, and disappeared with a snap.

Before I could do anything, I heard a voice speak up. "You killed him." I looked over to see Twilight and her friends staring at Tirek's corpse.

"He was about to threaten to kill one of you. I could see it in his eyes. It was his only option." I reply.

"But he wouldn't have killed us. Nopony ever kills anyone. not even the darkest of creatures would." Twilight stated in a monotone voice.

"No, he would have killed you. Discord was going to kill the Cutie Mark Crusaders, but I stopped him." I stated.

"You're lying."

"Would you want to take that chance? His life vs yours? You're a princess, and Equestria needs you." I look over at Tirek's body. "The world doesn't need a monster like him."

"But that doesn't give you the right to kill a living sapient creature!" Twilight yelled.

"He would have killed you all!" I roared back. Literally, I roared. 'Stupid space dragon DNA.' I looked at my magic meter, to notice it was barely spent. 'Probably from the ponies he took it from.' Getting an idea, I decided to ask Twilight something. "Twilight. I have the magic of the ponies Tirek magic raped. I need you to give it to them." Twilight looked confused for a second, and before she could respond, my grappling beam was attached to her horn, and I used the grapple voltage to transfer all the magic I had to her. When I was done, I switched back to my varia suit mode, and quickly flew back up to my ship, and continued to investigate the dark magic usage, not caring about my magic abilities.


A dark figure stood over an orb, showing the events of certain days in the past year. Events showing an orange clad warrior fighting two alicorns, the same warrior battling a draconequus, the warrior fighting against an athromorphic pony, and also a purple colored fighter. The dark figure cackled madly. "Yes. Everything is falling into place." The orb switched images to show the ponies under the figure's command. It showed a white alicorn, a purple alicorn, a draconequus, five normal looking ponies, a group of small floating blobs, a larger group of strange reptilian-like creatures with futuristic tech, and a group of famous parasites that resemble balls of jelly with meatballs inside them. "Yes. Soon everything will be mine." The figure looked out at the planet below the grey satellite the figure was on. "Soon, everything will obey the moon." The figure's loud cackles were unheard in the small atmosphere of the satellite of Equus.

Author's Note:

Sorry if the ending seemed boring or something. This chapter is just here so Sam can have a magic upgrade. And so I could beat up Tirek with a loophole. Tirek may be able to absorb magic, but he can't absorb energy like Cell, and other energy absorbers.