• Published 5th Feb 2015
  • 378 Views, 4 Comments

Fleximare and the Deranged Doctor - Green Akers



A mad griffon scientist has kidnapped a pony as part of his quest for world domination! Can Fleximare thwart the doctor's evil plans without getting her alter ego Blossomforth fired from her day job?

  • ...
 4
 378

Thursday, 10:30 AM: The Skies Above Ponyville

"Oh wow!" Ditzy Doo gazed in wonder at Blossomforth's face. "What happened to your eye?"

"What, this?" Blossomforth pointed at the shiner that the buffalo had left on her face. "It's nothing, really. I, uh, tripped and fell down the stairs at home."

"Ouch." Ditzy winced at the thought. "Well, anyway, I'm really glad you're helping me today. Usually Rainbow Dash makes me put all the lightning rods up by myself."

I'm only here because Rainbow thought sticking me with somepony as accident-prone as you was a better punishment for showing up late than just firing me, Blossomforth thought to herself. "I'm just glad to be here," she told Ditzy. "So which rod are we putting up first?"

"This one!" Ditzy Doo swooped down and grabbed a rod from a pile on the ground. "It's going on top of the town hall!"

The two ponies grabbed opposite ends of the rod and carried it up to the roof of the town hall. Ditzy held the top of the rod steady while Blossomforth pounded in the nails at the bottom. Well, at least my hoof's starting to feel better, Blossomforth thought.

"Hey, did you read the paper this morning?" Ditzy called down. "Apparently some huge griffon criminal got busted last night! The article said the guy was planning on taking over the whole world!"

"Yeah, I heard something about that," Blossomforth said with a roll of her eyes.

"They even had a picture of this humongous fire at the guy's base!" Ditzy spread her hooves wide to emphasize the humongousness of the blaze, letting go of the top of the lightning rod before Blossomforth had pounded all the nails in. The rod immediately fell over, crushing Blossomforth's hoof underneath it before crashing to the ground below.

"Eeyyyyaaaahhhh!!!" Blossomforth's scream echoed across the sky.

"Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry!" Ditzy stammered. "I'll go get the first aid kit!"

Ditzy quickly skittered away, leaving Blossomforth staring at her once-again-sore hoof with tears welling up in her eyes. "Could this day possibly get away worse?" she whimpered.

"Pssst!" A nearby cloud hissed as her.

Blossomforth's ears perked up at the sound, and she turned to face the cloud as the purple stallion's head appeared from inside it. "Oh no you don't!" Blossomforth said. "You are not sending me halfway around the world to take down a criminal mastermind two days in a row! I am officially on medical leave until this hoof and this eye work properly again!"

The stallion shrugged. "I'm afraid there's a band of rogue changelings in Vanhoover that just won't wait, Miss Forth. This time, however, you won't have it go it alone. You'll be working with one of our newest recruits."

Blossomforth sighed. "At least I won't have to do all the dirty work this time. So who am I working with?"

A familiar unicorn wearing a blue eye mask stuck her head out of the cloud. "Hi!" Peppermint said. "I'm Candy Cane, the most sticky-sweet sidekick in all of Equestria, and I'm ready to chase down some changelings!"

Blossomforth's mouth fell open at the sight, and she put her face in her hooves. "Good grief!"

THE END

Comments ( 3 )

Bahahahaha! :rainbowlaugh: Pitch perfect comedy. Literally the only thing I can find to complain about is the fact that Rainbow is such a jerk, but it works for the comedy.

5591086 Had I not decided to use the exploding envelope later in the story, I would have totally given the purple stallion the Chief Quimby treatment. :pinkiehappy:

5594673 Thank You! :twilightsmile: And you bring up a good point: Rainbow Dash seems to be my go-to character when I need an angry/grouchy pony. It's gotten me into trouble in the past, but it seems to fit well here.

I liked the story. It seemed a bit sad tho, Blossomforth being perfectly ordinary and being put up against an army of goons. I hope she finds a better way of fighting crime.

Login or register to comment