• Published 13th Dec 2014
  • 2,117 Views, 37 Comments

Sunrise - Black Kyurem



Princess Celestia is struck with a terminal illness and the sky of Equestria is stuck in twilight. To save Celestia, the Mane 6, Spike, and Luna form an unlikely alliance with Discord to seek out the mysterious Suppressor of Shadows.

  • ...
16
 37
 2,117

Chapter 10: Sunrise

Equestria had went a whole day without the sun in light of the things that had transpired. Princess Luna raised the moon for the night, allowing everypony to sleep peacefully before a brand new day would begin. The idea that Twilight Sparkle had secretly plotted everything to fall into place while under the influence of Nightmare Moon was difficult to swallow, but fortunately, things had been resolved and the other three princesses were able to see it that nopony would treat Twilight any differently. Perhaps the rich and snooty nobles of Canterlot would never be convinced, but Princess Celestia didn't exactly care for their ways to begin with, as they were a group that never exactly agreed with harmony that Equestria was meant to stand for.

Twilight had slept in her room back in the Golden Oaks Library and she woke up early in the morning. Perhaps today, she could gather her friends to see the sun rise again, hopefully without a hitch this time around. She got out of her bed and gently prodded Spike, still sleeping in his little bed.

"Spike?" said Twilight. "Spike... Wake up, sleepyhead! Time to watch the sun rise!" Spike stirred.

"We tried that already," he grumbled.

"I know," Twilight giggled. "But we shouldn't have any problems this time... unless Discord is up to his old tricks."

"All right, all right... I'm up."

"That's a good Spike."


Twilight carried Spike on her back and they were on their way towards the same hillside that she and her friends were at the other day. The moon had already been lowered, but the sun had yet to rise.


"Do you think I made a good choice?" Twilight asked her psychotherapist, Gentle Soul. "You know, staying in Ponyville with my friends? After everything I did, I wonder if things would have different if I had decided to start over with friendship."

"I don't know if it's for me to say, Twilight," said Gentle Soul. "But I'm very impressed that you and everypony else were able to move on so quickly."

"Well, I had a little bit of help for that. Oh, I heard that the Canterlot nobles aren't quite at ease yet. What if they address their problems about me to you?"

"I can only do my job, Twilight," the young therapist answered. "But I'm sure the Princess will always have your back and take care of everything if need be. Don't worry." Gentle Soul cast another calming magic spell on Twilight to soothe her.


Applejack soon showed up and trotted alongside Twilight.


"Diamond Tiara! Wake up! We all agreed to watch Princess Celestia raise the sun!" Apple Bloom had shouted from the gate entrance to Filthy Rich's manor. Diamond Tiara eventually came to the gate, half asleep with her mane and tail a bit of a mess.

"How is it you Apples are able to wake up at the crack of dawn?" asked Diamond Tiara, groggily. "Don't you ever sleep in?"

"It's all part of living on a farm," said Apple Bloom. "Ah'm used to it." Diamond Tiara pushed open the gate and joined Apple Bloom along with Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo, and Silver Spoon. Applejack, Big Macintosh, Granny Smith, and Filthy Rich then accompanied the children.

"Ah'm so glad y'all have been friends for quite some time," said Applejack.

"Eeyup," agreed Big Mac.

"Well, Apple Bloom," said Silver Spoon. "Now that you finally have your cutie mark, what will you do?"

"Oh, ah'll still be a Cutie Mark Crusader," answered Apple Bloom. "Ah'll just be helping other fillies and colts find out their special talents."

"Right," said Scootaloo. "Once a crusader, always a crusader!"

"Till the end!" said Sweetie Belle.


Fluttershy joined up with Twilight, Spike, and Applejack.


"Oh, I'm just not sure I'm ready to face everypony," said a nervous Discord.

"You'll be fine, Discord," said Fluttershy. "You had no hoof to play in anything that recently happened. I knew you were innocent the whole time." And then Fluttershy did something she never did before. She gave the draconequus a little kiss on the cheek, stunning him and making his cheeks turn red.


Pinkie Pie came bouncing along after her friends.


"Hey there, Pinkie!" said Cheese Sandwich, having come to visit Pinkie at the Sugarcube Corner. "Long time, no see!" Pinkie squealed with delight.

"Cheese Sandwich!" she cried as the two shared a warm hug.

"I didn't think you'd want to be the only party pony to watch the sun rise," said Cheese. "Perhaps afterwards, we can throw a huge party together!"

"Aw, I'd love that!"


Rarity accompanied the group of friends.


"Are you ready to go, Miss Rarity?" asked Coco Pommel, putting a finishing touch on one of Rarity's fabrics.

"Oh yes, darling," said Rarity. "But I must say not having the sun in Equestria for one whole day and being up so early twice in one week... I'm going to need a beauty nap after this. Thanks for being my assistant during my day of rest."

"My pleasure."


And finally, Rainbow Dash came flying alongside the others.


"You've become an honorary Wonderbolt, Rainbow," said Spitfire. "I can see you're going to go far, even more so when I decide to pass the torch along. But that won't be for a while. I've still got the moves!"

"You know it!" said Rainbow, doing a hoof-bump with the Wonderbolt captain.


Soon, everypony had gathered to the top of the hill where Twilight led her friends the other day. The other three princesses were already there along with several other ponies, including Mayor Mare, Discord, the Cutie Mark Crusaders, Shadowstealth and his daughter Thick, Cheese Sandwich, Coco Pommel, Shining Armor, Twilight's parents, Rainbow's dad, the Wonderbolts, the pets of the Mane 6, Artissimo and his wife Sunny Sweet from Vanhoover, Gentle Soul, and many of Ponyville's denizens.

"Hey, Discord!" said Rainbow Dash. "Do us a favor and don't try anything funny. Just this once!"

"You just worry too much, Dashie," replied Discord.

"I'm glad you're up for this again, sister," said Princess Luna.

"Well, I did teach you how to raise the sun yourself, should anything have happened," said Princess Celestia.

"Thankfully, nothing did," said Princess Cadance.

"You and Shining Armor saved the day again," Spike added. "And so did Luna!"

"I think we all did, Spike," said Celestia. She then turned to look at Twilight, who was all smiles once again. It was amazing how fast the young Princess of Friendship recovered from her shock and ordeals.

"So Cadance," said Twilight. "What will you and Shining do with the seventh element?"

"Well," said Cadance. "We could find a place for it on the Tree of Harmony."

"Or we could hang on it," suggested Shining Armor. "...You know, just in case." Twilight, Shining Armor, and Cadance could do nothing but laugh at this.

"Is everypony ready?" asked Princess Celestia, with everypony watching. She then spread her wings and activated her horn magic, slowly ascending into the sky as the sun peeked out over the horizon. Everypony cheered uproariously as the sun finally rose into the sky, signaling the start of another brand new day.

"Sunrise party!!" shouted Pinkie, tossing confetti everywhere. As Celestia touched down, Rainbow Dash couldn't contain her excitement any longer and quickly pulled off another Sonic Rainboom in mere seconds, its shockwave appearing to emit from the sun itself. This brought in another big cheer from the ponies.

"Best... sunrise... ever!!" Rainbow shouted, as her rainbow formed an arc over the sun.

THE END

Author's Note:

Well, it's been one crazy ride, but after all this time, I've finally finished all seven of my MLP:FiM fanfics. Thanks for reading my stories and remember that this fanfic is the last one I'm gonna do. I'll still be around on this site, but I just won't be doing any more writing. It's been real!

~ Black Kyurem, the ultimate anti-brony

Comments ( 18 )

Nice to hear from you again. How long has it been?

This was a pretty nice send off, and while I don't think it's as good as some of your first few stories, it was still a fun read.

I did notice some continuity hiccups here and there; since your stories can almost be considered one whole series, they have some call backs to previous ones. While these goofs are noticeable, they are minor and inconsequential in the grand scheme of things and in no way affect the overall quality of the stories themselves.

I've gotta say, these stories have been a blast to read. I hope life treats you well in the future.

ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71VBcXP3M6L._UX385_.jpg

No offense but you just can't quit, writing stories becomes habitual and maybe in five or six months you'll have the urge to write again.

5379609 Try me. I'm not even a fan of the series. I just write to get stuff off my chest. If I do any more writing, it'll be blog posts.

5379810 I'm willing to bet a story saying otherwise. If you don't post a new fic in 6 months from now I'll write a story with any characters, and if you do, you have to write a story. Sounds fair?

5379901 I didn't join this site to make bets. I came to write seven stories based on how I see the series from my own point of view. You know, some users here don't even write stories.

I like how this story relates to... Cutie Bloom I think it was. Maybe you should add a sequal tag to this? Just in case?


In any case GREAT STORY!!!!!!!

5842528 The Element of Love only exists according to the trading cards. And that's how I found out about it and all the details that went with it.

5842565 I didn't add a sequel tag because... well, I wasn't sure what this story can really be a sequel to. My intention was to try and tie all my stories together, or at least a few, because I wrote this one to hopefully go out on a high note.

5843797 Huh, that's a cool idea! ^_^

5843799 You're welcome! ^_^

7646440 Too much. Bye bye, comment! :pinkiehappy:

"You know, staying in Ponyville with her friends?
-The word " her" seems weird. Should it be "my"?

8186079
Thank you. Fixed with a strike-through of the misspelling so that later readers aren't too confused.

Before I read this, what is the Dark tag for ?
And how bad does it get ?

8409174
The Dark tag is a precaution because of vivid descriptions and near-death experiences.

Login or register to comment