• Published 28th Apr 2012
  • 3,320 Views, 205 Comments

My Little Rainbows - The PatioHeater



The story of Rainbow Dash and her family.

  • ...
7
 205
 3,320

8 Years - Part II - EDITED!

The ex-husband looked over his shoulder and snorted, with a sly smile forming soon after. “Hello, dear,” he said coldly.
“What the ffff-,” even with her anger, Rainbow could not bring herself to swear in front of her children. “What are you doing here, Red?” she said calmly, yet the anger still flowed with her voice.
Red stood up and spun round to face her in one fluid motion and stepped closer.
Rainbow stepped backwards, keeping a hoof to her side to shield her daughters, and entered the hallway.
Red looked through Rainbow’s legs and saw the two fillies cowering in fear, and he smiled. “Ah, so these must be my children then?” he said menacingly.
Rainbow exhaled angrily through her nose. “They. Are not. Your children,” she said through gritted teeth.
Swirl and Dash looked to each other, sharing a confused look, before trying to look at the stallion their mother was talking to.
“Daddy?” Swirl whispered to herself.
Rainbow jumped as the soft, quiet words reached her ears. She looked back at her daughter with a serious look. “Swirl, he is not your father. Do not belief anything his says.”
Swirl nodded and sank back.
Rainbow turned back and gasped as Red’s face was barely an inch from hers. She slowly walked back, but the stallion kept close.
His black beard had grown considerably, making him look evil. “I realised something, Rainbow,” he said calmly, filling the mare with dread.
“No, Red,” Rainbow interjected before he could continue. “I don’t care about anything you have to say. I just want you to leave my house and never come back.”
“Your house?” Red asked sarcastically before chuckling menacingly. “Oh no, I think you’ll find this is our house.”
Rainbow glared at him. She had no patience for him anymore. “Get out. Now!”
Red’s eye twitched. “You see, Rainbow, we never actually got divorced, so this is still my house. And you are still my wife.”
Rainbow felt a strange surge of horror pass over her body at the last word he spoke. “No, Red. I am not your wife, and I wish I never had been. Now get OUT!” she roared and shoved him away.
Red bared his teeth at her and emitted a quiet growl. “Don’t talk to me like!” he shouted.
He brought a hoof up beside his head and launched it forward at great speed.
Rainbow flinched. She could feel the breeze coming from his hoof as it flew past, narrowly avoiding her eye. Terrified, she glimpsed through a squint. His hoof hung there, wrapped around some kind of rope going through the ceiling that she was certain wasn't normally there. “What?” she whimpered.
“I'm going to to do something I should have done a long, long time ago,” he whispered in mence. He gave the rope a great tug and stepped back with a flourish.

The walls came down, piling on the floor as soft curtains, and Rainbow found herself in a brightly lit studio that burnt the eyes. A huge audience was gathered in seats lining the walls to the rafter, and they and whistled for her.
“Rainbow!” Red shouted above the noise, suddenly sounding a lot more like a talkshow host. “Welcome to the show!”
Rainbow was on the brink of tears.
“Now everybody, you know what to say!”
The crowd, shouting in unison, went, “You've! Been! PRANKED!”
As the confetti blasted and fell over the Rainbows, Rainbow whimpered softly, beneath the chaos, “What was the prank?”
“We were all in on it! Me, Jet, your parents, Um... Ticker's sister too!”
The group of conspirators walked to Rainbow and showered her in affection for a prank well done.
“What's happening?” she asked, tears falling in the hysteria.
The audience began to quieten as Red started speaking. “It's great to have you on the show. I gotta say, this has been almost 5 years in the making, and it went off without a hitch! Now please, have a seat!”
Rainbow and her equally terrified children were led to a soft, oddly shaped sofa. The comfort bought some... comfort to them and helped calm their nerves.
“What's happening?” Rainbow asked in the calm, so she could be heard.
“Well... you've been pranked!” Red said, but didn't offer any further elaboration. “It's been a long time since you been on these screens, Rainbow, and boy, have we got a show for you tonight!”
“Show? What show?”
“We have special guests from around the world, including retired Wonderbolt Jet Stream and young Ticker. We have live music performed by...” his mind went blank.
The earpiece he wore hissed as the producer quickly said, “Sea Sick Steed.”
“Sea Sick Steed!” Red shouted before anyone realised his mistake. “But first, we have a special announcement from a certain green Zebra... The PatioHeater! What?” he said to the side, “Is that what he's actually called.
The crowd cheered again, not needing instruction from the large signs above them, as a green Zebra stepped on stage, and the band swelled an upbeat tune he danced to.
“Hi!” I shouted, only it was barely heard over the loud cheers of a crowd who was totally excited to see me. “You alright?”
The crowd quietened as he went to introduce himself more formally to the characters.
“Hi, I'm The Patio Heater,” I said as I gave Rainbow a handshake and a little kiss on the cheek. “I'm the guy who tells you what to do and say.”
“What?!” Rainbow screeched.
“Aw, look at you two!” I said as I grabbed the two fillies tightly. “So cute. Am I good or what?”
I took a seat beside them and ruffled Dash's mane.
“So, tell us,” Red started. “What have you been doing in the past few years?”
I put the mug down back on the table. “I have been quite busy, actually.”
“Really?” Red replied, feigning interest, just like the producer had told him to.
“No, not really. Not that much anyway.” I struggled to think of what I have been doing. Like, I'm sure quite a bit of stuff has actually happened. “Well. I graduated university a few years back. Fat lot of good that did me.”
The crowd chuckled heartily.
“I've got more work being a barista than I have as a graduate. Now I live in Manchester trying to break into the film industry, only that's harder than I thought it would be. But now I'm a baggage loader. That's right. I stack bags professionally.”
“Really? Fascninating,” Red lied, only the charisma masked it quite well. “But that's not all is it?” he asked me. “You've been recently working on something very special, haven't you?”
Rainbow sat there still, looking between the two people there awash with confusion.
I shrugged. “Not particularly. Got a few books I'm working on. Got a fantastic script going too, mate. Like, I really want, like, Netflix or something to take it up. Would be proper good, if not potentially very offensive if done badly.”
“That's not what I'm talking about.”
“Oh yeah. Sorry, you said something special so I assumed you meant it. Nah, I've also been working on this fucking pony shit.”
The fillies gasped at the bad language I was using, but it's not as if it actually matters.
“Well, I guess you'll be pleased to know that I have been working on... MY LITTLE RAINBOWS!”
The crowd were too in shock, the words took their time to filter through their ears, but when it did, oh boy, they lifted the roof off the place with their cheers. The poor guy on the sound mixing desk had to be replaced as he went temporarily deaf.
I sat there, waiting for you guys to shut the fuck up so I can continue. “Yep. I've been working on it this past month coz, you know what, it's actually been quite enjoyable. Apparently I'm a lot better at writing when I'm stressed. But anyway, I have all but finished it! 17 of 21 chapters are done! Save for a quick proof read.”
Red slammed his mug so hard on the table it shattered. “What? That wasn't the deal!”
I looked at him, unsure what he was on about.
“You said it would be finished by TODAY!”
“Relax, man,” I said tiredly. “Things came up. I couldn't work on it all the time. Besides, I can probably finish it in a week.”
“That's not good enough!”
“It's fucking tough!”
“Oh that's it,” Red muttered as he pulled his earpiece and microphone away from him and pounced at me. The chair fell back and we tumbled to the floor.
The scrap was more comedic than anything as he was controlled by me in some way and I've never thrown a punch in my life, but the crowd was cheering and egging us on, and the mariachi band made a nice touch.
Meanwhile, the producer in the production office was frantically looking for a solution, but there wasn't many as no other acts were ready.
“Quick! Cut to commercial!” He shouted
“Right boss,” the guy in charge of such things replied hurriedly. His fumbling hooves fumbled a tape into the machine and some horse advert played for, I don't know, spaghetti or something.
The producer wiped the sweat from his brow as he watched on the screen a few security guys seperate the two of us. Make up came to srpuce us up a bit and remove the evidence, while some stage hands rebuilt the set.
He tutted. “That Red. Always getting into fights.”
“Boss, commercial's nearly up.”
“Right, ready to cut back in on the title card. Ready camera 2 followed by one 1 after title. On my count 3... 2... 1...”
“We're back!” Red said happily. “Sorry about that folks. Just a slight technical glitch. Anyway, let's get on with the show. What say we get Jet out here?”
The crowd cheered as instructed as the brown stallion walked on.
Meanwhile the producer watched fondly on the screen showing Rainbow, who had calmed down considerably by now. He smiled as he played a hoof over her image. “You think you can handle it from here?”
His eager assistant nodded ferociosly quickly. “Yes, sir!”
“Good. I need to go outside for a bit.” He looked at the monitors, showing Jet piling affection onto the Rainbow family. He whispered beneath his breath, “Look after her.”

Outside the office he walked, towards a car, roof down, and a smoking hot babe sat on the bonnet. He smiled happily.
From under his mane he pulled on a hidden zip, removing the fake pony suit she had been wearing, before hopping down from the stilts inside with her.
She shook her mane, and the erratic, colouful curls all colours of the rainbow sprang out.
The mare on the bonnet chuckled and slid off. “Did you do it? Is she alright?”
Shine nodded. “They all are.” She hopped up to slap the mare on the butt. “Come on,” Shine said as she placed some dark sunglasses on her nose. “Let's ride.”
The engine purred into life. Shine sat back and placed a hoof around the mare's shoulder as they drove off to live a full, happy life.











HA!

GOT YA!

You thought I was... haha

But yeah. I've almost finished it. Just a few more chapters.

When I post this one I will put the new version through moderation, then post another update to let you know it's available.

The last chapters should be done soon.


Apparently I can bypass moderation... Who knew?

But the story is up! First 11 chapters are there! The remaining finished ones will be uploaded tomorrow and the others when they are finished, in the next week AND I ACTUALLY MEAN THAT THIS TIME! NONE OF THIS "HIATUS" BULLSHIT!

It's on my profile, called "My Little Rainbows 2: Rainbow Harder"

READ IT!

IT'S WHAT YOU'VE BEEN WAITING FOR!

Comments ( 3 )

8834281
Oh it is!

Also, it's up! Look on my profile!

It's imaginatively called "My Little Rainbows 2: Rainbow Harder"

Well that sure was interesting.

Login or register to comment