• Published 17th Oct 2014
  • 1,488 Views, 40 Comments

Tale of The Sirens - Unicop



Sonata, Aria, and Adagio find themselves stranded in a strange world, and attempt to re-claim their magic and return to their home world of Equestria

  • ...
5
 40
 1,488

Chapter 3 Haunted Harbor

“Well THAT went well” Adagio sighed as she and her friends begrudgingly slunk out of the village. After managing to smuggle Sonata into the prison Adagio and Aria had arrived to attempt to take the magic they had heard so much about from the witches imprisoned within, however in vain they arrived only to find there was not even a single ounce of magic with the witches blood, and they had put in all that hard work for nothing.


“I TOLD you they were not really witches” Aria retorted in a slightly annoyed tone. “I mean if they actually had magic wouldn't it occur to them that they could just teleport out of the prison whenever they wanted to, or turn the prison guards into frog’s?”


Adagio just snorted and ignored Aria’s jibe as they continued to their next destination. After failing to obtain magic from the witches, they had decided to leave town and switch to plan B which Aria had conceived of while waiting to break into the prison camp. Just a few miles South lay a small Harbor, known for its trading markets and fine ships. It was also known to be haunted by spirits during the night. Adagio had initially rejected this idea on the grounds that it was probably just another hoax just like Witches in the previous town. However after admitting they had no better ideas Adagio agreed to give it a go.


Shortly after arriving at the Harbor the three of them checked into the first Inn they could find, and they proceeded to walk around pestering the resident’s about the mysterious spirits they had heard about. Or at least Adagio and Aria did.


“Hey mister, do you want to see my collection of human hair?” Sonata asked one of the passing villagers, opening her scrap book and pushing it into his face “These ones I just recently shaved off my butt!!” Aria and Adagio immediately pulled Sonata and her book away from him as the man recoiled in disgust.


“Forgive our friend here” Aria apologized to the man “She has……issues.”


Adagio snatched the book from Sonata and threw it over the peer into the ocean, then turned to face Sonata “Can you PLEASE stop being weird and help us try and figure out how to get our magic back so when can get back home!!!”


“I was just trying to be friendly” Sonata retorted back. “Maybe if we try to be nicer to other people around here they might be willing to help us!”


“Riiiiight, because that tooootally helped those supposed witches back in the other town.” Aria snorted back at Sonata.


“ENOUGH!” Adagio shouted silencing them. “ look it’s almost night fall, and from what I have gathered no thanks to Sonata over here (causing Sonata to huff and fold her arms) most of these supposed spirits seem to appear in the forest near the edge of town.” She pointed far off in the distance to the woodlands far west, barely visible over the fog that always surrounded it. “I say we grab a quick bite to eat and then camp out there overnight and see if there actually is anything to these hunting stories everyone is talking about.”


“A a a and what do we do if there is something about these spirits and one attacks us?” Sonata stuttered.”


“Don’t worry” Aria replied with a smirk “The only spirits out there are probably zombies, and they only attack people with brains”


“Oh, ok” Sonata replied happily following the two back to the inn. Though not before realizing exactly what Aria said by that five minutes later. “HEY!!!!!”






Later that evening the three of them found themselves in the middle of the forest sitting by a warm campfire and staying alert for any Spirits that they had heard so much about.


“So what exactly are we planning to do again when one of these things actually shows up? Aria asked “If one even shows up at all at this rate.”


“I told you already” Adagio replied annoyed “We start singing and hope we can absorb its magic.”

“Should we sing the Equestrian national Anthem?” Sonata asked “Ohh ohh or Mary had a Little Lamb, or Twinkle Twinkle little star?”


“If you don’t shut up RIGHT now I’ll have you SEEING little star’s” Aria threatened raising her fist.


“That’s ok, I can already see them just fine.” Sonata said looking up at the sky which had briefly cleared from the fog. “That one looks like a frog, and that one looks like a puppy, and hey that huge one looks like Aria’s mom”


Sonata was cut off by Aria’s fist connecting with her face, sending her reeling back over the log she was perched on. Adagio put her face in her hands and sighed.


“What did I ever do to deserve being stuck with such morons?”


“Just lucky I guess” Sonata replied, getting back on her log, and looking at the sky again. “HEY the star’s disappeared again!!!”


All three of them looked up and found that indeed the fog that had briefly cleared up just before they had arrived had returned at full force. Just then the wind picked up and the temperature dropped several degree.


“Wha wha what’s going on?” Sonata asked shivering from both fright and the sudden cold. Just then the three of them heard a shriveling voice sound out from the fog, it sounded like a low moan and carried over the wind. The three girls drew closer together as the sound grew louder and louder. Suddenly a piercing light appeared through the fog in the direction the voice was coming from.


“IT’S A GHOST, IT’S GOING TO EAT US!!!!!!” Sonata screamed


“QUICK YOU TWO, STARTED SINGING!!!” Adagio shouted at the other two.


Together they all started harmonizing at once, trying to make themselves heard of the noise of the wind and the figure slowly coming toward them. After a while though it became apparent that their singing was having no effect on the figure, nor was it absorbing any of its magic.
“IT’S NOT WORKING!!!” Sonata screeched as the figure approached ever closer, now only a few feet away from them.


Suddenly the figure leaped out toward them and they screamed holding one another tightly waiting for the end to come. When suddenly they heard an Ouch and peered toward the figure, only to find that the figure was not a spirit by merely an elderly man with a lantern wearing an oversized cloak.


“Dang tree branches always tripping me up!” he swore as he got back to his knees. He then grabbed the lantern and swung it in front of their faces peering at them suspiciously.


“HEY you’re not a ghost!” Sonata stated accusingly.


“You nearly scared us half to death” Aria added angrily.


“Ghost?” the old man replied. He then threw his head back in mocking laughter as they started at him in anger in bemusement. “Don’t tell me them darn village idiot’s are still telling those silly tales?”


“So wait, you mean there actually is no ghost in this forest?” Aria asked.


“Of course not girly!” the old man replied. “There is no such thing as ghost, or zombies, that’s just stuff people make up to scare other’s and get attention. The only thing living here is me and my dog” he pointed to the canine who suddenly appeared beside him.


“But what about the weird noises and the fog that keeps appearing and re appearing?” Adagio asked.


“Those sounds are just the wind breezing past the trees, and the fog is caused by the temperature around here constantly dropping and rising along with all the water that gets evaporated into the air from the ocean, nothing supernatural about that.”


“I TOLD you this seemed a bit fishy” Adagio snapped at Aria, pushing her and Sonata away from where they had huddled together.”


“Whatever, let’s just get out of here. I’ve had enough of this stupid forest for a day.” The three of them got to their feet and grabbed their bags. It suddenly a cured to Aria to ask the old man what he was doing out here, but when she turned to ask him he had vanished from their makeshift campsite. “Hey, what happened to the old man?” she asked looking around.


“Who cares, let’s get back and get some food, I’m starving.” Adagio replied. They three of them put out their campfire and began the trek back into town.


“Well we may have not found a way to get back home, but it wasn’t a total loss” Sonata replied cheerfully from behind.


“What do you mean by that” Aria asked.


“I found something else to start collecting after Adagio tossed out my hair collection.” Sonata stated.


“Do I even want to know what it is this time?” Adagio asked irritated. She snatched the book from Sonata again and peered into it only to reel back in horror from the putrid smell within. “Ewwwww, sonata what the f is are you collecting in here?”


“It’s poop.” Sonata replied with a smile.


Aria and Adagio them both upchucked on the floor, while Sonata looked on thoughtful.


“Hey maybe I should collect vomit as well”

Author's Note:

Sorry for the long wait, here is chapter 3.

Comments ( 17 )

5634230 The other two are more twisted, Sonata is just weird :twilightsmile:

5634242 Yeah, but she's collecting humans waste and acid. :pinkiesick:

5634654 Yea but she is a demon who probably ate ponies back in Equestria soooooo :unsuresweetie:

5634798 hey, sirens (at least in equestria) do NOT eat ponies! They mearly feed of their emotions, like changlings! Also, sirens are COMPLETELY different from changlings!

Sonata is not supposed to be THAT weird, she was just misinterpreted from her writing in the movie. She's more... Innocent and nice... Than anything. Probably because she's not fully siren...

5635505
Well maybe in the film they did not eat ponies, but that does not mean they can't in our Head cannon. Plus while the film mentioned they used their own brand of magic to cause chaos and disharmony (which makes me wonder if they are somehow related to Discord as their powers are very similar and they are both lizard creatures of sorts.) It did not go into detail as to what they did After putting an entire region of Equestria under their spell. So they COULD have eaten ponies, i mean they were not ponies themselves so it would not be to far fetched.

5635515 Well i decided that for the purpose of making the story more funny to push her weirdness to a more Pinkie Pie like level. :pinkiehappy:

You've never met them. They would never

5635543 well, do it in a less... Bacteria infested way. Even she has common sense

5635545 Well of course i have never met them, for the same reason i have never met Snoopy, Garfield, and that fat guy in the red suit that goes ho ho ho :rainbowlaugh:

5635557 well, I know them. Personally.

5635557 I know from past experiences that scilence is not the best way to respond to this situation.

5635557 crap, I scared him/her off!

5867476 I'm still here, just been very very busy.

Login or register to comment