• Published 17th Oct 2014
  • 1,485 Views, 40 Comments

Tale of The Sirens - Unicop



Sonata, Aria, and Adagio find themselves stranded in a strange world, and attempt to re-claim their magic and return to their home world of Equestria

  • ...
5
 40
 1,485

Chapter 1- And So It Beings

Tales of The Sirens


Chap 1- And so it begins

It was a quiet day in the middle of October 26, 1692. The Fall evening air was cool and refreshing, bringing in a light gentle breeze over the silent breezy field below. A small town lay below this village, and all the villagers were busy preparing for their annual Fall Harvest merely days away. None in the village could possibly know of the events about to unravel in the fields above them, as around half past noon a great flash of light illuminated the field, basking it in multiple hues of blue and purple light. Just as suddenly, three girls around their teens were shoved out of the portal and onto the grassy plains below them. One of the girls immediately got up and jumped back toward the portal, but it disappeared with a loud crack, and she fell face first back into the cold grass.

Realizing the portal had closed, she got up on her knees and screamed into the air where the portal of light had stood just moments before. “I’LL GET YOU FOR THIS STAR SWIRL THE BEARDED!!!!” she screamed at the top of her lungs “I MEAN IT, YOU CAN’T KEEP ME HERE FOR EVER, AND WHEN I GET BACK YOU ARE SOOOO DEAD!!!!!” she pounded the ground as she said this, continuing to glare at the now empty void in front of here.

“Stop shouting Adagio, it’s not going to help us now.” One of the other girls spoke up behind her. Adagio whirled around and glared at the two of them.

“NO I WILL NOT STOP SHOUTING, THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!!!” she screamed at the two of them, getting up on both feet and stomping angrily toward them till she was right up against both of their noses. “I HAD EQUESTRIA EATING OUT OF THE PALM OF MY CLAWS, AND THEN THAT…THAT…” she struggled to find the perfect word to describe their banisher. “THAT COWARD BANISHED US. WE HAD IT, WE WERE SO CLOSE. HE DIDN'T EVEN GIVE US A CHANCE TO FIGHT BACK, IN A FAIR FIGHT WE WOULD HAVE WIPED THE FLOOR WITH HIM!!!!”

One of the other girls with a long blue ponytail scratched her head in thought. “Wait, how was forcing him to clean our room’s going to stop him from banishing us?” she asked. The other two stared at her with looks of un-amusement.

“No Sonata you scatterbrain, it’s an expression.” The other girl with two long purple pigtails retorted.
The three girls stood their silently for a moment taking in the scenery around them, Sonata becoming suddenly interested in flipping her hair back and forth to her friends annoyance.

“So where are we anyway?” the girl with the purple pigtails spoke again “And more importantly WHAT are we?” she added, staring at her hands and clothing.

“I think I remember reading about this place in a book some time ago.” Adagio replied. “I believe this is some kind of alternative universe to Equestria, and as for our transformation it seems we have taken the form of the creatures that inhabit this alternate world. I believe they are called….Whomans.”

“I think I like this being whoman thing” Sonata said gleefully, still playing around with her long ponytail “Their hair is really flippy.”

“You know what else is really flippy?” the other girl responded glaring at her “Your brain!”

“Oh cheer up Aria!” Sonata said, wrapping an arm around Aria’s shoulder. “Who knows, maybe this is the start of some totally awesome adventure. Like the ones we read back home!” Aria backed away from Sonata, crossing her arms defiantly.

“Sonata, Aria, come quickly!!!” Adagio shouted. The two girls glanced around to find Adagio some feet away, staring over a cliff. Rushing to join her, they looked down below to find a small village nestled by trees and a flowing river. Vaguely they could make out the figures of the villages in habitant’s, clearly other whomans, bringing food and other assortments to what appeared to be a massive gathering of some kind just outside the village.

“What do you think is going on down there?” Aria asked curiously.

“It looks like their having a PARTY!” Sonata shouted, bouncing happily in place. “Can we go, can we? They have so much food and I’m sooooooooooooo hungry!!!!!!” Sonata leaned precariously off the cliff staring at the food below, her mouth beginning to water in anticipation. Aria briefly debated shoving Sonata off the cliff, and reading herself of Sonata’s stupidity, but thought better of it.

“I could go for some food myself.” Arian responded, rubbing her growling tummy as it gurgled in agreement. “Should we go and join them? Maybe we can learn more about where we are, and how to get back while we are there?” Adagio agreed, and together the three girls slowly made the trek down to the village.



Making their way to the village, the tree girls set about looking for some food as well as answer’s as to where they were. As they walked along the village, they notice the inhabitant’s staring at them as they passed, with bewildered looks on their faces.

“Why are they all staring at us like that?” Sonata asked nervously. “Is it me? Do I stink?” she lifted an arm and sniffed her armpit for nit of odor.

“As a matter of speaking’ Aria replied “Yes, yes you do.”

“But I highly doubt that’s why they are staring” Adagio added. “More likely it’s due to our looks, we don’t exactly seem to be blending in well in our current attire.”

It was true. The villagers were all wearing black and white robes and dresses, some of the males also had top hats or wigs. The three young girls however were wearing long colorful dresses, with knee high boots and various assortments of gems. Their hair was also quite long and wavy while the villager’s hair was straight and not tied up in a knot around their head. They also each wore a red necklace around their necks. One of the few things they managed to keep from their home world that allowed them to steal ponies magic back in Equestria.

They finally reached the other side of the village, where the harvest was being held. There were tables chalk full of all kinds of delicious and savory foods such as Turkey, Yam’s, Corn, Potatoes, and Fish. They watched as a family of three approached one of the tables and started grabbing some of the food, loading them unto plates that where set at the edges of the tables. Having filled their plates, they filed out and sat on one of the empty benches nearby to dig into to their food.

Sonata rubbed her hands together, and her mouth began watering immediately as the smell of the food began to reach their noses. “Well what are we waiting for?” she asked “Let’s go get some food.”

“”Hey Sonata, I’ll race you to the table” Aria challenged her, pointing at the food.

“Ok, LAST ONE THERE IS DISCORDS MOM!!!” Sonata shouted, as the two of them raced for the food. Adagio was startled having not been paying the slightest amount of attention, and stared after her friends racing far ahead of her before slowly going to join them. “Why do I always end up being Discords mom?” she asked to no one in particular.

After managing to grab some food and find an unoccupied table, the three of them sat down and dug into the food. About halfway through their meal, Adagio stopped to glance around at the townspeople around them, most of which were heavily enjoying the festivities from food to silly games. Suddenly she saw a one of the taller villagers walk up to one of the nearby tree’s, about a dozen pieces of paper ladled in his arms. He took one of the pieces of paper and nailed it against the tree, before proceeding to do the same to other tree close by. Curious, Adagio walked over to the nearest tree, yanked the piece of paper he has nailed onto it off, and returned to join her friends.

“”Whatcha gat dere Adagtio?” Sonata asked, her mouth still full of food.

“One of the villagers was posting this around the park” Adagio answered her. “It say’s something about a Witch Trial that’s going to be going down tomorrow evening.”

“A Witch Trial?” Aria asked. “What’s a witch?”

“According to this, witches are people known to have access to some kind supernatural power known as magic. It says it’s believe they can do things like fly on broomsticks, turn children into frog’s, and even recall other’s from the dead.”

“Wait, people can fly on broomsticks here?” Sonata asked excitedly. “Why couldn’t we do that back in Equestria? That sounds soooo much more fun than sweeping with them. Can we try one, can we, can we, can we????” she shook Aria back and forth looking pleadingly into her eyes. Aria shoved Sonata away, and turned back toward Adagio.

“Wait, did that thing just say some people here CAN use magic?” she asked curiously.

“Which means if they can, we may be able to steal it from them and use it to get back home!” Adagio finished for her, one of her hands moving to grasp the red necklace dangling from her neck.
“But if they are currently under arrest and awaiting trial, how are we even going to bet to them without alerting the other villager’s and getting arrested ourselves?” Aria asked again.

Adagio thought silently for a moment, and then cracked an evil grin, staring at Sonata. “Actually maybe one of us should get caught, so we can have someone from the inside to help us break into the prison. Sonata started noticing both of them looking at her.

“I don’t know” She said “This sounds kind of dangerous.”

“Don’t worry” Aria assured her “We’ll have you back out and all be back home in Equestria long before they get a chance to execute you.”

“I’m still not su...” Sonata started again, but Aria interrupted her.

“You’ll get to ride one of those flying broomsticks.” She promised with a smirk.

Sonata’s expression suddenly turned from one of fear to one of excitement. “Really?” she asked. The other two nodded at her grinning. “Well in that case, LET’S DO THIS!!!!” she shot up from the bench and began looking around for a broomstick to try out. Aria stared after her before turning back to Adagio.

“Are you sure this is going to work?” she asked “I mean, how do we know this witches actually have magic?” Adagio just stared at her with a heavily annoyed expression.

“Unless you have any better idea’s, it’s our only hope of getting back home we currently have.” She stated, stomping a foot on the ground to signal that the debate was over. Aria nodded, and together the two of them got up and chased after Sonata, hopeful that soon they would all be home, and ready to take their revenge on Star Swirl the Bearded, and re-claim their rightful place as rulers of Equestria once and for all.

Author's Note:

This first chapter took almost all day to write, hopefully the other's will be easier :)