• Published 13th Sep 2014
  • 665 Views, 9 Comments

The Moment the author said "Goodbye" - posponer



Pinkie was often found weird by the others, but what if. Just, what if, she was actually talking AND listening to someone? And they are called authors.

  • ...
1
 9
 665

One of the many others, but still unique in his/her own way.

"Oh, Hey there Author number 14!" Hi every pony, My name's Pinkie Pie! I'm currently waving at you, but then again author number 14 said that sometimes I'm in a story so you won't really know unless I or the authors tell you... Oh well.

'Pinkie seemed to call out to the sky, startling every pony in the vicinity. I gave her a simple smile as a greeting, though I'm not even sure if she could see it.'

"Hey author number 14, what're you going to make me do today?" You see every pony, I used to not hear the voices of the author before, but for some reason, I do now. I often talk to the authors but they rarely ever listen or answer back. Author number 14 was one of the few that does so however. Author number 14 often told me cool stuff like the internet and fan fiction. Can you believe someone writes a fan fiction about me?!

Pinkie kept talking to the sky as she was getting weird glances from the other ponies, clearly thinking 'It must be Pinkie being Pinkie again.'

I just want to talk... With Pinkie... For now...

"You want to talk? Ok! Let's go to the shaded areas though, it's getting kind of hot." Speaking of talking, we had a few talks about those fan fictions author number 14 even read to me some of those that feature me as an important character. For me, there are definitely different types. There are weird ones, funny ones, random ones, sad ones, some 'Nuh-uh' not even going to go there ones and some normal ones. OH! Also, the internet had many different types of fanfiction, there were ones for everything, and there are ones based on 'after the dark' and the one I like most, the one based on ponies! Since I'm a part of these!

Pinkie.... She sat on the shade of the tree.... Happily humming away..... Must be thinking of our past talks....?

"Well? Aren't we going to talk about something?" I don't know why, but I feel really anxious right now.

She was somewhat fidgeting in her place as she waited for an answer..... 'You talk to me Pinkie.... You're a better talker than I am....'

She nodded and smiled as she said.... "Okay!"

Then again, what should we talk about? We could always talk about fan fictions? It's what connected me and all the other authors... Oh! Speaking of authors, there are some who makes something like crossovers like something from another world coming here in Equestria! There are also some who insert themselves in their story to somewhat feel what it's like to be in Equestria. There are also some that makes humans, the authors' race, come in this world, but wouldn't that be a crossover? Since one world to another? I'm still quite new at this genre thingies.

"And then, I tried to...."

'Pinkie and I made idle chatter..... More of Pinkie, less of me....'

I know there's something wrong. Something like a cliff hanger or some kind of tragedy. Author number 14 told me lots of stories for me to know something's up. But... I just found out saying 'author number 14' is too long so I'll just say 14. Yeah, so 14 always tells me when something's up, or something's not right so I'm sure 14 will tell me sooner or later.

"Oh yeah, speaking of stories I remember the ones you told me! It really answers some of the questions I had in my mind! Like 'why am I doing this?' Or the like. Some authors are weird but all in all they're all good ponies... Errr.. People? Yeah, people. What did you call this? A fandom? I love this fandom of your and your people."

but to tell you all the truth, it really does answer some questions I had in my noggin, like that dream where I killed my friends. Hoooo, I'm getting shivers remembering that. At least I know the reason for that now!

"So? Anything good happen in your life 14?"

Huh... He's not answering back.

"Okay, still me as the spokes pony... Alrighty then! Get ready for the talk of your life!"

You know, from time to time, I feel as if a part of me dies, I get some tingling sensation of sadness. I talked to the other ponies about it and they told me they also felt the same from time to time. 14 told me that it was probably the 'Cancelled' stories. Remember when I said the types of story before? Whatever type of story it is, 14 told me that it will be a part of us, and once it's cancelled... That certain part of us is cut off. We get this overwhelming sadness from out of nowhere that disappears as fast as it appeared. But the feeling will always be remembered. Never forgotten. Whether it was because of some family problem, living expenses... Or....

"Hey, 14! Are you even listening to me anymore?"

'Pinkie was pouting, it was kind of cute....' Sorry Pinkie, I just feel tired today for some reason....

"Something's wrong isn't there? You know you can talk to me 14. We always did remember?"

'I guess she was right....' Pinkie, this might just be.... The last chapter that.... We will ever talk together....

"So, you're dropping this story? Canceling it? What seems to be the problem? Tell old Pinkie about it."

"Ahhh, I... I see..."

So that's why 14 is unresponsive today. We usually talk back to each other, making snarky remarks about anything we could think of.

"So what do you plan to do for the rest of the chapter?"

.
.
.

"I guess that's good too. Yeah, let's just relax."

We spent a good few minutes just relaxing. I was going to ask him something but then I heard this weird beeping noise.

beep

"What? Is that?"

.
.
.

"Oh. You have to go soon? Then I guess this will be the last chapter we will ever talk with each other then."

.
.
.

"I'll miss you too."

Now that I think about it, 14 taught me lots of different languages from the human world. It's about time to show some learned knowledge!

beep

"A reveure." Good bye.

beep

"Tzewe" Good bye.

beeep

"Adios" Good bye.

beeeeep

"Sayonara" Good bye.

beeeeep

"Paalam" Good bye.

beeeeeeeeep

"Good b

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

.
.
.

Comments ( 8 )

I don't fully understand the concept.

Dayum son this was a nice little chapter on real stuff bro
I give props

I'm gonna go sit down in the shower and think...about...y'know...life...n shit.

4994804 because that is just the way it is sadly:pinkiesad2::pinkiehappy:but he got to do something alot of people dont get to do say goodbye

Who knows, maybe our lives are like this story.

You ever get that feeling? Where you're happy and smiling but suddenly your smile is gone and you feel terrible for a moment for exactly NO REASON at all?

I get that from time to time, and according to this story we may very well have discontinued fanfic about us! :rainbowlaugh:

P.S.
This was supposed to be a random happy funny story thingie but said phenomenon suddenly happened to me and I thought. 'Why not'

Someday when all skies are beautiful, I'll tell you why this happens.

[video] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCVu_G49qeQ [/video]

I have a feeling this is what happened, basically.

Login or register to comment